NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly,

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you guys today. I can't fathom what today must be like to mark this day, and I'm glad to see the news stations picked it up. I wish you guys all the best in getting to the bottom of this, words can't begin to express my sincere sympathy for what you are going through. I hope your family has answers soon, and that this renewed focus on Jason brings some much needed attention to the entire case.

God bless you and your family today. You are in our thoughts and prayers...
(((hugs)))
BellevueMom

I am very confident something good will come from this. I am hoping someone's memory is jogged or someone's conscience is getting to them. This just might be what it takes. A lot has been happening in Omaha lately. Your turn is coming. Hang in there. Lots of people are praying for you!

Love to you dearest Kelly, and special prayers for comfort and continued strength for all of you that love Jason on this date marking 5 missing years.

Kelly said:
"It's time to ask the public very firmly, where is he?" Jolkowski says.

Jolkowski says she will keep searching no matter how many anniversaries pass. "Until we get an answer, we are not going to quit," she says.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thinking of Jason and your family today.

Praying the news of the anniversary brings about some information. I wish I could be there to help put up posters.

Kelly, I will be thinking of Jason, you, and your family today! My God give you the strenght to continue with Project Jason and all that you do to help the missing!

Kelly, you and your family are in my prayers every day and have been since the first day I "met" you online. The strength and compassion God has filled you with is truly amazing.

Dawna

Kelly, we're keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and hoping as always that you'll have answers soon.

Kelly,
I hope and pray your family finds the answers to the questions you've been asking for five long years. May someone find the courage within their heart to do the right thing and help your family end the suffering, pain, and uncertainty.
God Bless

Thinking of Jason today.

Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are with you today and everyday that you find answers soon and bring Jason home.

Jason is the top story today. :)

Missing But Not Forgotten

OMAHA, Neb. -- Someone knows what happened to Jason Jolkowski. His mother, Kelly Jolkowski has uttered those words for five years.

Tuesday marked the five-year anniversary of the disappearance of Jason Jolkowski. The Benson 19-year-old was last seen in the driveway of his home. He had arranged to walk to Benson High School, seven blocks from home, where a co-worker planned to pick him up.

Jason never made it to the school. His bank account was never touched. His cell phone went unused. He took nothing with him.

Five years later, his family clings to hope that someone knows something about Jason's disappearance that will help them solve this mystery

More: http://www.ketv.com/news/9366411/detail.html

Related To Story

http://www.khastv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5222

(This TV station is back in our hometown, so our family there was interviewed for the 5 year missing date.)

Omaha family continues search for son

By Adam Freeman

Tuesday marks 5 years since 19 year old Jason Jolkowski vanished from the driveway of his Omaha home and there is still no sign of him or any clues about what may have happened.

Jason was born in Grand Island and still has more than a dozen relatives living in the area.

They said 5 years passing has not made it any easier.

From the beginning, the family has said someone, somewhere knows what happened to Jason and 5 years later they are still spreading that same message.

Five years after Jason Jolkowski's disappearance, his family continues to pray for his return.

“You want to hope for the best. And as time passes by you never want to give up hope,” said Jason’s aunt Sue Hovland.

Making it even more difficult is the way Jason vanished - without a trace.

“To not know where he is, or how he is, or what he is doing, that is just the hard part, you know, not knowing,” said Jason’s aunt Jean Kaslon.

5 years after Jason's disappearance the family says the pain is just as severe and it is something they think about everyday.

“One wonders, what happened? Where is he? Those kinds of things go through your mind a lot over 5 years,” said Hovland.

Family members are not the only ones always thinking of Jason.

“We have people come up to us everyday and ask about Jason.

So he is not forgotten,” said Jason’s grandma Betty Jolkowski.

“That is comforting to me to know that he is not forgotten,” Kaslon said.

To help bring hope to themselves, and other families of missing children, Jason's mother, has established a project called Project Jason.

They create and raise awareness about missing people.

“She has helped many, many people already,” Jolkowski said.

And the family still holds out hope that someday their prayers and questions will be answered.

“We feel somebody, someplace knows what happened to him and we would just like to have closure,” said Jolkowski.

“Just finding out what happened to Jason would be such an awesome miracle for our family. That is something we all pray for everyday,” said Hovland.

The search for Jason is continued Tuesday night in Omaha. The family and the public gathered to hang posters, hoping someone will come forward to help bring Jason home.

There was also a candlelight vigil planned for Tuesday evening in Omaha.

Related Info:
Nebraska Missing Persons Clearinghouse
(402) 479-4986
Toll free: 1-877-441- LOST (5678)

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2188688

Published Wednesday
June 14, 2006

Reward fund set for missing man

The Omaha Police Department on Tuesday announced that a reward fund has been established for Jason Jolkowski. Tuesday was the fifth anniversary of his disappearance.

The $5,000 reward has been established through the Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation and is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in Jolkowski's disappearance.

Jolkowski, then 19, disappeared June 13, 2001, in Benson while on his way to work.

Omaha police urge anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 444-7867 or the Omaha Police Department at 444-5600.

The Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Fund is a national fund. It does not provide anonymity to callers.

The new poster of Jason is available to download here:

http://www.projectjason.org/downloads/JasonJolkowski0613.pdf

I just wanted to thank my wonderful online family for all the support given us in the past 5 years. We had the poster campaign and the prayer vigil at the park and I would say we accomplished the goals for this event and more.

At the event, people started showing up right away. Kinkos Copies at 71st and Dodge donated a giant poster of Jason, 500 B&W posters, 250 color posters, and 50 copies of the Prayer Vigil. If we'd had to pay for this, I'm sure it would have cost at least $300 or more.

You'll be thrilled to hear that we completed the postering of the target area of our neighborhood. The 500 posters were placed in an hour and a half! We also gave out quite a few of the color ones for people to put in businesses. We had Jason's button to give away, and I know that we gave out many of those, too. (I'm too tired to count them tonight.) We had coverage from 3 TV stations, and we were top story on one. I also had a radio interview.

Melissa Harris and her girls came as well as the parents of missing Erin Pospisil. Melissa helped me and some of our board members assign campaign areas to the volunteers.

I believe we had at least 40+ people who stayed for the vigil. I will paste the text from the vigil below, so that you can see the prayers we said.

It's late, but I did want to thank you all.

With hope for Jason, always,
Kelly

Jason Jolkowski 5 Year Missing Date Poster Campaign and Candlelight Vigil

Thank you for coming and supporting our family with your prayers and your presence. More importantly, thank you for not forgetting Jason. It is vital for us to rally as a community and continue in our efforts to find Jason, or at least to find the person(s) who know what happened to him. 5 years is much too long to live without answers.

Jim, Kelly, and Michael Jolkowski

Prayers for the community: (If you are not comfortable with the Community Prayers, feel free to remain silent. Please pause in between each prayer and think of Jason.)

(We also include in these prayers the family and friends of all missing persons and those who may be waiting for answers.)

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Readings from Scripture: Family Members

Other Prayers:

Saint Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find Jason, who is lost. As least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my personal loss. To this favor I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.

(The 2 prayers below were ones I wrote about 6 months after he went missing. They can be found on his website.)

Dear Lord, hear me in my plea. I ask You, if it be Your Will, for the quick and safe return of Jason to his loved ones. If it not be Your Will at this time, Lord, then I ask for the graces necessary for Jason's loved ones to be able to carry this cross. Even though it may seem like the darkest of times, let them know that the light of Your Love shines ever so brightly upon them and that You have wrapped them in the mantle of Your most generous and Sacred Heart. Please, Lord, as a new day dawns without Jason, let them know that as they take each difficult step forward, You are right there by their side. When they falter, let them know that it is You who pick up their cross & enable them to carry on. May they never doubt Your immense love of them, & may they find the peace & joy that comes from loving You.

Almighty God, may You & all the angels and Saints watch over Jason. Let him know how much he is loved. Keep him from harm's way, and protect his soul from temptation. Strengthen Jason's body and soul on his journey, and provide him with his necessities. Please guide him in what he does, and, if it be Your Will, lead him back home to his loved ones. Amen.
(extinguish candles-end of service)

May God bless you and yours. Reach out tonight and tell someone that you love them. Thank you.

www.projectjason.org

We need your support for Jason and all the others like him.

Don't forget to help Project Jason with your Pampered Chef order. June 16th is the last day for this campaign. Please see my post from 5/26 for more information.

Thank you!

Kelly
PS: A big thanks to our Valerie!

Thanks, everyone. I posted the vigil program and some notes about how the evening went on Jason's thread.

God bless,
Kelly

Hey Websleuths let's show our support for Project Jason and place an order!!!! You can get great products and help out a great cause! Its a win-win situation!!! Still some time left but hurry and do it now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member