DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Jeana.

http://norfolkdailynews.com/headline.html

Web site keeps missing persons from being forgotten by public

By MEREDITH GRUNKE

An Omaha tragedy led to the creation of a tool that can help all Nebraskans stay updated on the state’s missing persons.

The Nebraska Missing Person’s Clearinghouse is operated by the Nebraska State Patrol and was established as part of Legislative Bill 111, also known as Jason’s Law, which was passed in 2005.

State Sen. Pat Bourne of Omaha introduced the bill after discussing the issue with one of his constituents, Kelly Jolkowski. Jolkowski’s 19-year-old son, Jason, was reported missing in 2001 and has yet to be found.

Bourne said he had hoped the clearinghouse would be a successful way of disseminating information throughout law enforcement and the public.

“The key is to keep that person’s name or image or situation in front of the public,” Bourne said.

Chris Price, manager of the Missing Person’s Clearinghouse, said the site was opened and available to the public starting in September 2005. It features information about all missing persons reported in Nebraska, and some profiles include a photograph.

As of Thursday, the clearinghouse listed 340 people missing from Nebraska, at least 11 of whom are from the Norfolk area.

The process of reporting a person to the clearinghouse begins at the local level.

Law enforcement files the missing person’s information with the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), which allows all law enforcement agencies to access it.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Press Release from our family:

Omaha, NE, June 13, 2006—He’s been gone for five years, but the friends and family of Jason Jolkowski won’t forget him. They also want answers.

Jason Jolkowski, then 19 years old, disappeared from the driveway of his home in Omaha on June 13th, 2001. He was called to go into work early and was going to be picked up by a co-worker at Benson High School, approximately 7 blocks away from the Jolkowski home. His car was in the shop for repairs, and his parents were both at work, so these arrangements were made. Jason never made it to the high school, and has not been heard from or seen since that day. His bank account was never touched, his checks from work were never picked up, and his cell phone was never used again. None of his possessions were gone, and he did not take $650 of his own money that was readily available. He was last seen in the driveway of his home at approximately 10:15am by his younger brother and a neighbor.

Five years later, his parents, Jim and Kelly Jolkowski, and his brother Michael, want answers. They believe that someone knows what happened to Jason. They want that person to come forward.

To mark this day, help people remember Jason, and to try to find the answers about his disappearance, the Jolkowski family will meet with the public at 7:30pm on Tuesday, June 13th at St. James Lake Park, located at 48th and Bedford Avenues in Omaha.

From 7:30 until close to nightfall at around 9pm, persons are asked to participate in a poster spread campaign. A newly designed poster will be used that states: “Someone knows what happened to Jason.” The posters will be placed in the neighborhood surrounding the Jolkowski home, which is nearby. The goal is to have posters placed on every block in the neighborhood and then beyond, if possible. Volunteers should wear comfortable walking shoes and bring drinking water.

At close to 9pm, a brief candle lighting ceremony and prayer service will be held at the park. Participants are asked to bring their own candle.

Jim and Kelly Jolkowski were instrumental in passing Jason’s Law in 2005, which fostered the creation of a missing person’s clearinghouse in Nebraska. They also founded a nonprofit organization named after their son called Project Jason. Project Jason’s mission is to assist families of the missing nationwide, and to provide resources and education for the public.

For more information, please call Kelly Jolkowski.

The Project Jason website is www.projectjason.org

I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before. Is there a reason Jason was going to meet his co-worker at the high school instead of the co-worker picking him up at home? 7 blocks really isn't that far out of the way and wouldn't take much longer to drive, at least not where I am from. Would going directly to your house have put the co-worker out of the way?

Kelly, though I am far away from where you live I will be with all of you tomorrow in spirit! I will also light a candle at sundown and pray for answers! May Jason be found soon....5 years is 5 years too long to go without knowing and to go without Jason.

Prayers
TB

Kelly,
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time.
Hugs,
Raven
:blowkiss:

Kelly, my thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

dulcinea said:
I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before. Is there a reason Jason was going to meet his co-worker at the high school instead of the co-worker picking him up at home? 7 blocks really isn't that far out of the way and wouldn't take much longer to drive, at least not where I am from. Would going directly to your house have put the co-worker out of the way?

He thought it would be easier for the young girl to just go to the high school since she knew how to find that vs our house. It would be further away from the restaurant to go to our house than the school.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I know you're there with me, even though not physcially. It really helps.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Kelly, my thoughts are with you and your family at this anniversary. Praying Jason comes home and you have answers.

Kelly said:
He thought it would be easier for the young girl to just go to the high school since she knew how to find that vs our house. It would be further away from the restaurant to go to our house than the school.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I know you're there with me, even though not physcially. It really helps.

Many blessings,
Kelly
Kelly,

Was it a neighborhood, business, residental area for the 7 blocks? And no one saw Jason walking down the street?? If he were taken from the driveway it seems odd that, unless he was being watched?, someone would have driven by at the same exact time he was taking out the trash....I wasn't aware his ride to work was from a female coworker....do you think a jealous individual associated with the coworker may be a possible thought?

I will keep you and your family (especially Jason!!) in my thoughts and prayers!

Kelly you are such a wonderful woman! so strong and you fight for those who can no longer do so. I will be praying for you and your family and lighting a candle, not a day goes by that I dont think of your son Jason and hope that the Lord sends him back to you!

Thinking of you and your family today, Kelly. I hope this will be the last anniversary you spend away from Jason.

Kelly and Family

Tomorrow is th 5 yr mark of Jason being gone. This difficult day will be awash with prayers for you and for Jason from a small town in Texas..

May God see fit to bring Jason home to you and you never have to go another 5 years or even one year without knowing where he is.

Hugs and prayers,

Gabby

While this has been posted on another thread, I would like for each of you to say a special prayer for the family & friends of Jason Jolkowski.. Tomorrow is the 5 year mark of the day that Jason was last seen by his family... This is a difficult day for his loved ones, and I know that they will be able to feel our thoughts and our prayers going out towards them and Jason... Everyone please pause for a moment of prayer that soon Jason is back with his family if it be God's will.

We love you Kelly and all the good work that you are doing in Jason's name. God Bless you and yours tomorrow and every day.

Gabby

Kelly-
Prayers for Jason, you, and your family. I hope you find answers soon.

I thank all of the wonderful members of WS for your prayers, kind thoughts, and support. The time has come to mark this day. It will come, and it will go, and we'll still be here, trying to make sense of what does not, and trying to go on with life regardless.

I would ask that members who have questions about his case, please respectfully hold those at this time.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/3039411.html

Mother Keeps Her Hope
A young boy missing for five years

Tomorrow will mark the 5th anniversary of the disappearance of Jason Jolkowski and his mother continues her efforts to bring home her missing son. Kelly Jolkowski says that it doesn't get easier with time.

It's just a horrible rollercoaster of emotions," said Kelly Jolkowski, Project Jason. "You think it gets better but it doesn't."

June 13th, 2001 is the day in which Kelly's son vanished from the driveway of their home.

Kelly Jolkowski still waits for answers into why her son disappeared without a trace.

"You get used to it sort of, you never like it, just figure out ways to do it," said Kelly.

Jolkowski found her way through the pain by guiding other parents of missing children through a project she calls project Jason. It is a resource for families going through the pain of similar situations.

"We felt like take what you learned and share it," said Jolkowski. "Started little by little, never thought we would be doing what we're doing now."

The 5th year of Kelly's son's disappearance seems the hardest because she fights back tears as she recalls all the lost milestones in her son's life.

"Five years has been hard, it's half a decade, and all the thing missed along the way, it's really tough," said Jolkowski.

The search for Jason continues Tuesday night on the 5th anniversary of his disappearance. His mother is asking the public to gather at St. James Lake Park in Omaha, located at 48th and Bedford at 7:30 p.m.

Jolkowski is going to ask people to help hang posters and she is hoping someone will come forward with information to help bring her son home. A candlelight vigil is set to take place when it turns dark in honor of her son.

You can visit the Project Jason website by clicking the link.

http://www.kptm.com/video/2098442.html?id=551

Jolkowski Family Marks Five Years Since Jason's Disappearance
06/12/2006

Tuesday will mark five years since Jason Jolkowski went missing from a Benson neighborhood. Now, his family is re-energizing the search for their son.

The Jolkowski family hopes to get Jason's name out in the public eye.

They've created new missing posters for Jason, because they truly believe someone knows something.

Kelly Jolkowski says June 13th, 2001 is a day she will never forget.

"It has just been extremely mysterious," Jolkowski says.

It was that mysterious day five years ago that her 19 year-old son was about to walk the seven blocks to Benson High School from their home. Instead, Jason was never seen again.

"We don't really know what happened after the driveway," Jolkowski says.

Five years later there are few clues in Jason's disappearance. That's why Kelly Jolkowski is using the anniversary to refuel the search.

"It's time to ask the public very firmly, where is he?" Jolkowski says.

Tuesday night, the Jolkowski family and volunteers will meet here at Lake James Park they will be armed with missing posters.

Their hope is to post at least 500, asking for the public's help. The posters will be on every block of the neighborhood where Jason was last seen.

"We want to get posters on every single block, from around our house and around Benson," Jolkowski said.

If the latest effort doesn't bring clues, Jolkowski says she will keep searching no matter how many anniversaries pass. "Until we get an answer, we are not going to quit," she says.

-----------------------------------------
If you would like to help the Jolkowski family with their campaign, meet at Lake James Park at 48th and Bedford Avenue at 7:30 on Tuesday evening.

-----------------------------------------

KPTM FOX 42 Weblink
www.projectjason.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads