NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case really bothers me because it really does seem like Jason just vanished into thin air with literally no evidence as to what happened to him. I agree with the above scenario, which is even more disturbing because the person was able to commit, it seems, the perfect crime.

Jason, where are you? What happened to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this case has always boggled my mind... i believe someone knows something ...sorry if i repeat anything i haven't looked at this case in awhile but it just seems sooooo strange i really just dont think he would willingly get in a car with someone he didnt know... i dont remember but whatever happend to the ride that was coming can their account of things be confirmed for sure?

i still wonder if his contacts at his job have been fully interviewed and screened by police. his co-workes knew he was on his way to work...

I read through both threads and this is surely one of the most frustrating cases out there. Anytime I start leaning towards one theory, more questions pop up that seems to discredit that particular idea- though not fully so it still remains a viable option. I wish his mom still posted here.

Kelly is an amazing woman. I wish I had half of her strength.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i still wonder if his contacts at his job have been fully interviewed and screened by police. his co-workes knew he was on his way to work...

I was really stuck on the co-workers for a long time. Who else would have known Jason would be walking by himself for a short while? Apparently they were interviewed extensively-I don't know if they were cleared 100%, but they don't seem to be suspects.
The one thing that bothers me is that the people who lived in the houses on Jason's route were not interviewed immediately after Jason went missing. It took LE a few weeks to do that, IIR. When too much time goes by, little details can be forgotton, maybe one small thing would have been a clue, like an unusual car in the area or someone visiting from out of town who left right after Jason went missing.
I think someone in the community knows what happened. I don't think Jason would have been a target to a random perpetrator. It could have been an accident that people are covering up-hit and run or something like that. Or someone in the community who knew Jason was vulnerable and offered him a ride-someone with a bad motive could have just come across him at the time and taken the opportunity. I wonder if there were any people in the neighborhood who seemed strange, or off-a person who the kids stayed away from, etc. Sometimes local gossip comes out online, in comments, and there can be some truth to that, but Jason's case is just not one of those. No one seems to have any clues, ideas, or insight.

Does anyone know the names of anyone Jason worked with at Fazoli's? Who was the manager? Was anyone who worked with Jason ever convicted of a crime before or after he went missing? Sometimes friends or co-workers of a missing person pop up and comment on the internet, but I have never seen that in Jason's case. The co-workers are pretty much silent.

My initial theory on this case was that someone Jason worked with, like a manager, trafficked him. I am sorry if it sounds far fetched. What if this person saw an opportunity where Jason would be walking alone-he sends someone in a car to intercept Jason on the way to Benson High. The person pulls up to Jason and explains the original person meeting him at the high school can't make it, so he is to accept a ride from him.
Jason gets in the car, and that's it.
People can be trafficked for many things, drug smuggling and all kinds of things.
The odds of a random perp grabbing him are so small. It had to be someone he knew who had this planned out.
That was my first theory, but every theory I come up with has issues-the co-workers were apparently heavily investigated.
Hit and run-how could that go unnoticed? Jason is a big guy. It would have taken at least 2 people to hoist him into a car if he were unconscious.

With respect, if his disappearance was planned by a perpetrator then it certainly wasn't for human trafficking. A 19 year-old, 6 foot something guy doesn't get kidnapped for that sort of thing. It just doesn't happen. Much more likely that it was someone who had a grudge against him, or a Jeffrey Dahmer type who lured young men to their deaths.

As Mystery Maven said, people can be trafficked for many things, drug smuggling etc. Not "just" sexual motives.

So surprised that there was hardly any movement on the case in 15 years - the only thing I can think of is an elaborate cover-up of some sort.

Another thing I heard was that a local man also disappeared shortly before Jason - its rarely mentioned anywhere, though.

One thing to remember is that Jason was vulnerable. He was intelligent but had some difficulties communicating, understanding directions, etc. He wasn't just a run of the mill 19 year old guy. He reportedly didn't socialize much and spent a lot of his time with his family. He was very trusting and maybe naive (that hasn't been stated anywhere, I am inferring this) I think he could have been targeted by someone because of this. I am just trying to stress that Jason was a little different and that could have been a factor.

Is it possible that Jason had Aspergers?

People with Aspergers are often thought to be mentally retarded but usually their intelligence is average or above average.

So naturally when I read his bio I instantly had a hunch that he sounded like a typical Aspie - you try to say something and it sounds perfect in your head, but whatever comes out is often abracadabra, so people make fun of you.

Its also very likely that you'll be bullied and ostracized for that reason alone.

Is it possible that Jason had Aspergers?

People with Aspergers are often thought to be mentally retarded but usually their intelligence is average or above average.

So naturally when I read his bio I instantly had a hunch that he sounded like a typical Aspie - you try to say something and it sounds perfect in your head, but whatever comes out is often abracadabra, so people make fun of you.

Its also very likely that you'll be bullied and ostracized for that reason alone.

It's possible but it has never been talked about by his family.
I think if we can dig into Omaha a little and find out about similar disappearances or perps in the area at the time, it could be a good start. When I go back and read the threads there isn't much digging going on.
Although I would bet Jason's family has probably already done this. His Mom did bring up RSO's to the police sometime after Jason disappeared and they really scoffed at it. She was trying to get the list of RSO's who lived in the area at the time. What came of that, I don't know.
It's possible LE knows more than we do at this point, but so far there is just nothing to explain what happened.
Did he get distracted and lost? Were wooded areas and nearby bodies of water ever searched? Sometimes someone just has some sort of accident and there is nothing sinister involved. The last eyewitness who saw Jason was a neighbor who saw him at the end of his driveway. Then what happened?

The whole "neighbor saw him at the end of driveway" kinda reminds me of Asha Degree case, which is equally bizarre.

Remember how in her case motorists swore that they saw her walking alone around 4am? Makes me wonder if someone made it up, because I would think that at least one of them would've stopped and asked her where she's going - its not a sight that you see every day.

The whole "neighbor saw him at the end of driveway" kinda reminds me of Asha Degree case, which is equally bizarre.

Remember how in her case motorists swore that they saw her walking alone around 4am? Makes me wonder if someone made it up, because I would think that at least one of them would've stopped and asked her where she's going - its not a sight that you see every day.

The neighbour's sighting is also confirmed by Jason's brother.

A hit and run is possible, but I'm not sure. For one, this sounds like it was a sleepy, quiet kind of neighbourhood, so a car accident would've woken the locals. Then we have the initial panic as the driver decides what to do next. Most people's instincts are either to call an ambulance or hot tail it out of there, not bundle the victim's body into their vehicle. I can just see someone in the middle of the road struggling to get a 6 foot man into the boot without anyone seeing or hearing anything... Not.

All we know is that Jason was last seen in his driveway and at some point during the short walk to the rendezvous point at the school he vanished. This was a change to Jason's usual routine, only a few people knew where Jason was going that morning. Of course this doesn't rule out an opportunistic murder. Going back to my previous post, someone could've seen Jason walking by and invited him inside under the false pretence of helping with his trash cans. By all accounts Jason was an affable, trusting young man and this person might have taken advantage of that unassuming nature to murder him. I'm thinking an older gentleman, a homosexual who lived alone, although not necessarily someone who was openly gay. Someone who was perhaps only a casual acquaintance.

If not that, then I think we need to look closer at Jason's workmates and fellow students, someone who for whatever reason might bear a grudge against him. Was the co-worker investigated who was supposed to pick him up that day? How close were they to Jason? Did they volunteer to pick him up or were they asked to?

I also think that it would be very hard to abduct a 6 foot man early in the morning without anyone being aware of what's going on.

So suicide, maybe? (the bullying makes me think that he wasn't happy)

I'm thinking about Richey Edwards, the guitarist for Manic Street Preachers who went missing in 95 - his body was also never found, so suicide is only one of the theories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richey_Edwards

I don't buy the suicide theory. Like at all. Some missing person cases, I can find it plausible based on the what we know about the missing person leading up to his or her disappearance. But not this one.

His body would have more than likely been found by now; this was Omaha, NE, not some isolated area. And the time/situation at hand before he went missing doesn't equate to suicide in my opinion: he was called in to work early; by all accounts, he gladly agreed to go in early, got ready, and left. I find it hard to believe that along the way he decided "well, now is a good of a time as any to kill myself," even if he had been thinking about it (which from what know about the case, I do not think he was). It just makes zero sense.

This is definitely one missing persons case I wish I could know the answer to, however. From what I have read and gathered, I feel that is is very likely Jason met up with someone along his walk. It didn't have to be your typical "abduction" scenario. Someone he knew, or was at least familiar with or gave the impression they could be trusted.. They probably offered him a ride, he glad accepted, not knowing the person had a sinister intention. My guess is someone from the neighborhood or Jason school probably knows exactly what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter