NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the girl who was supposed to meet Jason was also a high school student from what I remember. She didn't have anything to do with Jason's disappearance. I know it was the manager who called Jason and asked him to come in. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was his day off and he was asked to come in?
Jason agreed to come in and apparently said he would walk. The manager called him back and arranged for him to meet another employee in the high school parking lot (I suppose it was a mid-way spot that Jason knew how to get too easily). No one really knows if Jason even made it out of the driveway. The manager and co-workers were heavily grilled and investigated by a PI hired by Jason's family. Law enforcement didn't knock on any doors on Jason's route until many weeks later, and if anyone saw Jason or anything unusual, it has not been reported to the public.
I wish we at least knew the manager's name.
I don't think it was suicide. I don't think it's likely that the manager was a part of some criminal ring that sent a car to intercept Jason and take him away for nefarious purposes. It's unlikely he got lost in a populated residential area. It's unlikely that a neighborhood bully came across him randomly. Nothing seems likely, so what happened?
The only thing I can think of is that there are some big pieces of the puzzle that we don't know. There is almost always something not released to the public in missing persons cases.

That's the problem with this case, nothing seems likely. I do hope there is something going on behind the scenes and it's not as cold as we think it is.

I do have myself wondering about an accident with a garbage truck though. He would be easy to hide in that.

The time frame in which something happened must have been so small. That makes it even more puzzling.

Most missing persons cases are a headscratcher at the best of times when we're not in full knowledge of the facts. We don't know what was going on in Jason's private life. He might have unwittingly involved himself with the wrong crowd or being leaned on by someone, and precisely because we don't know it means that baseless speculation will get us nowhere.

What DO we know? Jason was called into work early by his boss, who arranged for a rendezvous at the school. There is no evidence of a hit n' run or an abduction. I'm not saying that it can't be ruled out, but unless someone can magic up some hitherto unknown police report, we have no reason to suspect either happened.

If no one saw or heard anything, this implies that Jason met someone he knew and trusted, as the alternatives would've probably caused a scene. If it wasn't a chance meeting, then it was someone who knew Jason's schedule that day, and we know that only a small group of people were privy to this info. I'm trying to be diplomatic here and it's not my strong suit, but I'm sure you can read between the lines.

Who knew his schedule apart from people who are not considered POI'S?

Who knew his schedule apart from people who are not considered POI'S?

His family? I'm absolutely not implying anything but I assume they would know.

How far was it from his house to the high school?

Mystery Still Unsolved After 14 Years
Posted: Sun 2:23 PM, Jun 14, 2015

Saturday marked 14 years since the disappearance of Jason Jolkowski, last seen in the driveway of his Benson home walking to school on the morning of June 13, 2001.

No clues or solid leads have ever come to light in this case. His bank account and cell phone remain untouched, his car was left in the repair shop and his last paycheck was left at work.

Mystery Still Unsolved After 14 Years
Posted: Sun 2:23 PM, Jun 14, 2015
By: WOWT 6 News

Snipped:

No clues or solid leads have ever come to light in this case. His bank account and cell phone remain untouched, his car was left in the repair shop and his last paycheck was left at work.

PnWdBXa.jpg

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Mystery-Still-Unsolved-After-14-Years-307303901.html

For Jason :rose: we will never forget you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple simple questions here for anyone that can answer. I will admit I haven't had time to do any homework on Jason's case so the answers have probably been discussed.

What time did the Coworker call Jason's house wondering why he didn't show up at the High School? Just trying to get a time frame of how much time passed after the pickup was supposed to happen. Wonder why the coworker called and not the manager?

Why was Jason called in that day? Did another employee not show up for one reason or another? Looks like Jason was going to start a new job in a week....were the employees or people he knew at this upcoming job checked out?

Why do I feel like his classmates/co-workers know so much more than they're letting on...

Well, we do know that Jason was bullied at some point due to a speech impediment. This could be critical to the case... it's possible he was still bullied at the time of his disappearanc,e just was quiet about it. It's possible that a group of guys set up a prank or something and it got out of hand.

The only other fairly plausible theory I can think of is being interested in a girl that another guy was dating/interested in. Doesn't seem like there's much info available about Jason's dating life, so I wonder.

With the suicide theory, his body would almost definitely have been found by now and on top of it, no reason to think he would take that course of action. He could have been picked up by a sexual predator, but given his age and height it seems unlikely that an unknown person would take that risk in broad daylight. He also isn't prime age for most predators--they tend to target more vulnerable types

This is so strange... I posted in this thread on websleuths, and then I checked the Unsolved Mysteries sub on reddit (an information sharing site), and someone who worked with him at the radio station called The River was posting about his disappearance! INSANE coincidence. edit: Now I see that the 14th anniversary of his disappearance was recently, so that's why...

<modsnip>

THANK YOU so much for this!

The person that Jason was going to cover the work shift for that day......was this person grilled?

Um so yesterday I amazingly came across a friend/former colleague of Jason's on reddit in /r/UnsolvedMysteries in a thread about Jason and asked her a TON of questions and posted her answers.

It was a ton of information and I wake up today and it's all deleted here.

I guess I can't post a conversation that happened on another site with you guys, a mod will delete it. It's the most we've known about him on this whole thread but I guess it isn't allowed. Sorry. I guess three of you managed to see our conversation so far before it was deleted.

Someone let me know if I'm allowed to post the reddit thread link here and I will but something tells me I'm not :/

That is unfortunate. Thank you anyway.

I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and state that someone at Jason's workplace is responsible for his disappearance. He was called into work early, a rendezvous point was arranged, and somewhere between his house and the school he vanishes. As I said before, only a few people knew that Jason's schedule had changed that day and where he would be headed. This stinks of a set-up.

Jason wasn't the victim of a hit & run, or kidnapped by a stranger. There were no signs of a struggle and no witnesses reported hearing a disturbance. Most likely he was picked up by someone he trusted, say, someone he knew from work.

What we don't have is a motive. Jason worked for an American-Italian restaurant, right? What if the restaurant was involved in some criminal activity which Jason knew about and they wanted him out of the picture? Maybe I've watched too much Breaking Bad (if there is such a thing as too much BB!), but you never know!

Um so yesterday I amazingly came across a friend/former colleague of Jason's on reddit in /r/UnsolvedMysteries in a thread about Jason and asked her a TON of questions and posted her answers.

It was a ton of information and I wake up today and it's all deleted here.

I guess I can't post a conversation that happened on another site with you guys, a mod will delete it. It's the most we've known about him on this whole thread but I guess it isn't allowed. Sorry. I guess three of you managed to see our conversation so far before it was deleted.

Someone let me know if I'm allowed to post the reddit thread link here and I will but something tells me I'm not :/

I can't find it. The only thread I see on Jason is six months old. Could you post the link? Or the title? I woulda love to read it

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member