NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop returning to this case. Jason's disappearance has given me many sleepless nights because there are no leads to go on. How does a 19 year-old, 6'1" guy walk down the street in broad daylight and vanish without a trace?

I still think the only lead we have is his workplace. It might be clutching at straws but it's the only avenue I can see. This wasn't a normal working day for Jason, he had been called in for an earlier shift. They'd arranged for someone to pick him up at the school (or Jason arranged it? I forget), so there was the opportunity to intercept him before he made it there. I have to agree with others that Jason was probably picked up by someone he knew and trusted on the way to the pick-up spot. Someone from work who offered him a ride?

Someone from work or tangentially related to work abducting him is the only theory that makes sense to me. The only thing that was 'off' about his day prior to him disappearing was going into work earlier and to me that's super telling.

This case has always baffled me ..... One thing that has confused me is (correct me if I am remembering wrong) but didn't it say he had a cell phone ? But yet work was calling the house phone I just find that odd that he manager didn't call his cell and when he called back to complain that he didn't show up why did the brother wait until the parents came home to say anything ... If my brother left the house to go to work and then later his manager called saying he never showed I would be freaking out and deff would have called my parents at least

Bringing this into 2016. May this be the year Jason is found.

Project Jason offers resources to families of the missing and has successfully organized grassroots efforts to pass missing-persons legislation. Kelly Murphy, president and founder of the Omaha, Nebraska-based nonprofit missing person assistance group, started Project Jason after her son, Jason Jolkowski, disappeared in June 2001. He remains missing today.

56901fea1a00002d005942a6.jpeg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...682_6791989250582752923&kvcommref=mostpopular

Having read that Jason was planning to start a new job the week after he went missing, this has reaffirmed my belief that someone at Fazoli's is behind his disappearance.

Having read that Jason was planning to start a new job the week after he went missing, this has reaffirmed my belief that someone at Fazoli's is behind his disappearance.

It would seem that way, wonder if he was to replace somebody at the new job?
In the charleyproject, he is described as possibly being perceived as mildly retarded, although Jason was very smart.
Could somebody have pegged him as easy prey and targeted him because they thought he was mentally challenged?
imo.

Perhaps he knew something incriminating about someone at Fazoli's. Maybe someone was stealing money or another serious crime. With Jason about to move on, he may have been preparing to report it.

Where was he about to start work? Would anyone there have a reason to not want him there?

Perhaps he knew something incriminating about someone at Fazoli's. Maybe someone was stealing money or another serious crime. With Jason about to move on, he may have been preparing to report it.

This is my suspicion. I've always thought someone at Fazoli's was behind his disappearance, as it was too convenient that he would be called into work out of the blue and they arranged for someone to pick him up. When I learned that Jason was planning to leave Fazoli's a week after he vanished, the plot thickened further.

Was it verified with the manager that someone in charge had called Jason in early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To summarize all possible theories:

Vehicular abduction: Highly improbable. Abducting a 19 year old, 6 foot 1 inch man in broad daylight with no one noticing would be difficult to say the least.
Suicide: Highly improbable. No warning signs and no body.
Hit and Run: Improbable. It would be very atypical for a driver to hit someone and then bother to pick up the body. If it were a garbage truck driver, both the driver and the person who actually picks up the trash cans would have to work together and both would have to keep the secret.
Bullies: High school bullies were driving by and saw him. A "joke" turns out to go too far. Perhaps they make it appear they want to run him over, and accidentally do. They take the body and dispose of it. This occurring without witnesses seems improbable.
Gang Activity: Unlikely at 10AM. There is a park next to the school he was supposed to arrive at. Perhaps he saw a drug deal and someone didn't want any witnesses?
Neighbor abduction: On his way to the school, someone asked him to come inside. Was there a serial killer active in Omaha at the time?
Workplace Conspiracy: Someone at Fazoli's or his upcoming workplace had a motive for him to disappear.

Who at his workplace knew his home address? Someone was supposed to meet him at the school because they didn't know how to get to his house and he couldn't give directions well. He never arrived at the school per the surveillance cameras.

I think it would be hard for a coworker to send an abductor in the time frame.

There is a small park along the likely route he may have taken. Perhaps something happened there.

The park is Lake James Park. It looks like little more than a field and a couple things for kids to play on.

Definitely a neighborhood park. Not something anyone's going to drive to.

There should have been some people there circa 11AM on a summer day.

He was wearing a Chicago Cubs shirt when he disappeared. I wonder if that somehow started a discussion with his would be abductor/killer.

I wish there was more info out there about Samuel Sherman. A Google search will turn up some Missing Person databases, a couple of reddit threads, and that's it!

He might as well be a 'John Doe', we know so little about him.

It says he was "staying" at a house, which might imply that he had no fixed abode and had been sofa surfing. Maybe he was just passing through the area? He went for the job interview, didn't get it, and decided to move on? Maybe he's estranged from his family or they just don't care? So, who was it that reported him missing in the first place? I'm not buying that his case has been overshadowed by Jason's. Surely the media outlets would be interested in the story of two teenage guys mysteriously vanishing within a month of each other?

I'm just waiting to find out that Samuel had a job interview at Fazoli's. That'll blow my mind! :D

I've tried finding evidence of other cases of hit-and-run where the driver hauled off the body. The only cases I could find were one where part of the body was taken and another where the body somehow landed in the back of a pickup after being hit. If someone hit Jason, got out to see if he was alive and then hauled off his body, it might be the first case in history of such an event happening. He was 160 to 165 pounds. Getting him into a car or the bed of a truck with no neighbors or passing motorists seeing this seems far fetched. It pretty much rules that out.

It's difficult to see anything involving a vehicle leading to his disappearance unless he voluntarily got inside.

Based on the information available to us, a workplace conspiracy to commit kidnapping seems out there. Coordinating the kidnapping in a matter of minutes would be difficult. Someone at Fazoli's would have to know the boss would call him in early, know where Jason would be heading and make a phone call to a second party to perform the actual kidnapping.

Serial killers preying upon young men do exist, but are rare (the FBI estimates there are 25 to 50 active serial killers at any given time. In the whole country. So one being active in a residential area of Omaha at 11AM targeting young men is something we shouldn't place bets on).

Perhaps as Jason was walking by a house there was a domestic dispute going on. He went to investigate or got his cell phone out to call for help. Some **** guy takes him inside and he's never seen again. Domestic violence is common.

If you want a theory that explains a lot with the least assumptions, a nefarious neighbor is the way to go.

I've tried finding evidence of other cases of hit-and-run where the driver hauled off the body. The only cases I could find were one where part of the body was taken and another where the body somehow landed in the back of a pickup after being hit. If someone hit Jason, got out to see if he was alive and then hauled off his body, it might be the first case in history of such an event happening. He was 160 to 165 pounds. Getting him into a car or the bed of a truck with no neighbors or passing motorists seeing this seems far fetched. It pretty much rules that out.

It's difficult to see anything involving a vehicle leading to his disappearance unless he voluntarily got inside.

Based on the information available to us, a workplace conspiracy to commit kidnapping seems out there. Coordinating the kidnapping in a matter of minutes would be difficult. Someone at Fazoli's would have to know the boss would call him in early, know where Jason would be heading and make a phone call to a second party to perform the actual kidnapping.

Serial killers preying upon young men do exist, but are rare (the FBI estimates there are 25 to 50 active serial killers at any given time. In the whole country. So one being active in a residential area of Omaha at 11AM targeting young men is something we shouldn't place bets on).

Perhaps as Jason was walking by a house there was a domestic dispute going on. He went to investigate or got his cell phone out to call for help. Some **** guy takes him inside and he's never seen again. Domestic violence is common.

If you want a theory that explains a lot with the least assumptions, a nefarious neighbor is the way to go.

Not a bad summary, VF, but I think you overestimate the ability for his workplace to stage a kidnapping. You're presuming that whoever called Jason didn't lie about the time of his shift. He agrees for Jason to be picked up at the school, which is when the abductor arrives (presumably someone Jason knew) pretending to be his ride. Once the caller has been informed that Jason's collected, he asks one of Jason's colleagues at the restaurant to go and pick him up for his shift, knowing full well he won't be there. The caller is now in the clear, as the only one who could contradict him is Jason.

Not a bad summary, VF, but I think you overestimate the ability for his workplace to stage a kidnapping. You're presuming that whoever called Jason didn't lie about the time of his shift. He agrees for Jason to be picked up at the school, which is when the abductor arrives (presumably someone Jason knew) pretending to be his ride. Once the caller has been informed that Jason's collected, he asks one of Jason's colleagues at the restaurant to go and pick him up for his shift, knowing full well he won't be there. The caller is now in the clear, as the only one who could contradict him is Jason.

Jason never arrived at the school per their security camera footage.

Hi all,
I am glad to see the ongoing discussion about Jason. I think about this case a lot and it's one of those that I really want to see solved.
I agree with others who have zeroed in on a Fazoli's connection. When I first read about Jason, that was the first theory that I had. Someone running the place was involved in criminal activity and Jason became a target of that activity.
However, after reading over so many of the old threads, it seemed that the co-workers were extensively interviewed by the PI hired by the Jolkowski's and the PI didn't' come up with any leads in that regard.
Even still, I can't discount the Fazoli's theory. I also can't discount the bully theory, that Jason encountered some kids who gave him a ride and then something went awry resulting in Jason's death. The problem I have with that is I feel like if that were the case, there would be some gossip and rumors that have floated around over the years and I find no evidence of that. What about a local creep? Some weird guy who just happened to see Jason walking and saw an opportunity? Again, no names seemed to have popped up over the years. I do wonder if LE has more info that they have never released. Now would be a great time to do that! I find the lack of any new information disheartening. It's literally the same story, repeated over and over for so many years. Nothing new ever comes up. I hope this is the year we get some new information about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper