DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for an answer.

Jason's family - I think of you often.

Picachu-what a nice picture of Jason.

Dotr-I've thought that myself, that somewhere between their house and the school there was a not so nice person.
If not that, then someone who just happened to be in the neighborhood and found a way to take advantage of the situation.

Picachu-what a nice picture of Jason.

Dotr-I've thought that myself, that somewhere between their house and the school there was a not so nice person.
If not that, then someone who just happened to be in the neighborhood and found a way to take advantage of the situation.

Definitely possible, but as ever with this case I think the workplace is key.

* It wasn't a normal working day for Jason
* He got called it out of the blue
* There was a window of opportunity between his house to the rendezvous point
* Jason was due to start a new job the week after he vanished

Definitely possible, but as ever with this case I think the workplace is key.

* It wasn't a normal working day for Jason
* He got called it out of the blue
* There was a window of opportunity between his house to the rendezvous point
* Jason was due to start a new job the week after he vanished

I have to disagree with bullets 1 & 2. Working in the fast food industry or any type of retail, it is not uncommon to be called in on a day off to cover a no show or an unexpected pick up in business. Nothing personal, but if you've worked in either of those industries and never got called in, THAT would be abnormal, lol. I lost count of all the times I was called in out of the blue and asked to stay late.
I don't suspect someone he worked with. From what I've read those people were grilled a couple times, and they called right away when Jason didn't show. If they hadn't called, then yes, I would say something was suspicious.
This doesn't rule out a patron who might have known Jason from the place. Perhaps it was a customer who knew Jason.
I agree bullet point three, and not sure about 4, maybe it was someone at the new job. Sam Sherman disappeared right around when Jason did and he had just had an interview. However, I didn't happen to come across anything about those folks (at the new place) being interviewed.

I think one of two things must have happened:
1. He entered someone's house along his route, either by force or he was lured in
2. He entered someone's vehicle voluntarily.

If none of the neighbors had a violent or suspicious criminal history, then it would be reasonable to conclude he got into someone's car, and he likely knew the person he received a ride from.

The driver may have had weapons and equipment in his vehicle and was always ready for any opportunities which may have come along.

I wonder if an old teacher or another older person from his past happened to be driving in the area and offered him a ride.

Either of these two scenarios could be possible.
I don't know how extensive the search of the neighborhood or his route to the school was. I haven't dug deeply into search efforts. I don't think it would have been by force, it would have been quite a feat to drag someone his size off of the street in broad daylight without being seen or heard. Lured in seems more plausible.
I'm leaning toward #2, that he accepted a ride from someone he knew or perhaps mistook for someone from work.

Have not done a followup yet to see what happened in these cases, but found it interesting and surprising, that several people have "gone missing" after/during, taking out the garbage, maybe there is something to it, imo, speculation.rbbm.

http://kfor.com/2015/04/07/12-year-old-girl-missing-after-taking-out-the-trash/
April 7, 2015
12-year-old Ashley Schoenecke was last seen taking out the trash at her home on SE 29th St. around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday evening.

According to the Sheriff’s office, an eyewitness saw an older white male driving a Nissan Quest stop, get out of the vehicle, and open a door to the vehicle.

Schoenecke got into the vehicle.
http://wncn.com/2015/12/20/teen-girl-missing-a-week-after-vanishing-while-taking-out-the-trash/
December 20 2015

Alissia Freeman, age 17, vanished while she was taking out her family’s trash on the afternoon of Dec. 13, the NBC TV station in Montgomery, Al. reported.

Feb 2013
The parents of a missing teenage boy continue to look for clues as to where he went after disappearing while taking out the garbage.

Jacob Samusenko went missing on January 29th shortly after returning to his family's Erie, Pennsylvania home from basketball practice.

'He was really tired and said he was taking trash out. The trash was taken out, so we know that was done, but nobody has seen him since,' the boy's relative Lyubov Rafferty said.

Because there was no sign of a struggle and no hints that the 17-year-old ran away, the case is considered that of a missing person.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bage-parents-suburban-home.html#ixzz4DN6x2cwH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

5 March 2014
Authorities are searching for a teenage beauty queen from Nebraska who vanished on Sunday, after taking out the trash.

Michaela Wells, 16, had spent the day shopping with her mother for the gown she was going to wear in the upcoming USA National Pageant in Florida.

She took out the trash at her eastern Nebraska home, but never came back inside.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-taking-trash-family-home.html#ixzz4DN7OSkDN

Wow, Dot, I had no idea how many people vanished doing that. Did any of the articles state that the trash collectors were near by when this happened?

Have not done a followup yet to see what happened in these cases, but found it interesting and surprising, that several people have "gone missing" after/during, taking out the garbage, maybe there is something to it, imo, speculation.rbbm.

http://kfor.com/2015/04/07/12-year-old-girl-missing-after-taking-out-the-trash/
April 7, 2015

http://wncn.com/2015/12/20/teen-girl-missing-a-week-after-vanishing-while-taking-out-the-trash/
December 20 2015

Feb 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bage-parents-suburban-home.html#ixzz4DN6x2cwH

5 March 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-taking-trash-family-home.html#ixzz4DN7OSkDN

So the three girls left voluntarily, basically runaways. The male teens body was found two months later in the river, foul play ruled out. Makes one think doesn't it?

So the three girls left voluntarily, basically runaways. The male teens body was found two months later in the river, foul play ruled out. Makes one think doesn't it?
Taking out the trash sounds like a common excuse ppl use when they run away. The trash sounds like a good place to hide a few personal items before fleeing.

Taking out the trash sounds like a common excuse ppl use when they run away. The trash sounds like a good place to hide a few personal items before fleeing.

True enough, i used to sneak out the basement window in the winter, accomplished by putting my coat, boots and purse in a laundry bag, then walking right past my parents saying i was doing the laundry in the basement.
Knowing all i know now, heaven forbid anything happened to me because nobody would know where i went, ( usually to visit the b.friend they disapproved of) and yes, of course they were right!
Having said that, taking out the trash would be one way to get out of the house, but if that chore was usually done by someone who ultimately goes missing, maybe somebody was watching and waiting to pounce.
imo, speculation.

Jason's thread is always the first one I look out for on here. I just can't get my head around his disappearance. Fifteen years without a clue... that's insane.

The solution that makes the most sense here is that he entered a vehicle with someone he knew. That person was probably an older adult. I wonder if they ever looked into any teachers/bosses/ect with a shady past.

The solution that makes the most sense here is that he entered a vehicle with someone he knew. That person was probably an older adult. I wonder if they ever looked into any teachers/bosses/ect with a shady past.

Good points. Did they look ?

There's so much we don't know that possibly investigators know and aren't telling us. I recently found out that there were known sex offenders in the neighborhood in which two children went missing in my state back in the 70s. I changed the way I looked at both cases.

i haven't been here for months now, so I have missed many interesting posts to catch up, I see. :p

There is a guy that regularly makes threads about this case to keep it alive, and seems quite read up on it. His belief is that someone that Jason was familiar with had watched Jason since some time before he finally made his move. He did this move when he noticed that Jason was without his car, making him susceptible to, for example, being offered a ride.

For some reason, I had never considered this angle earlier, but had rather assumed that it was some unrelated predator(or several, as that is not unusual in this type of cases) that by pure coincidence had noticed Jason walking and then somehow taken the opportunity.
However since just recently reading about an older case where two missing persons turned out to have been lured into a neighbor's house on the way who then killed and hid them, and after that acted all innocent, paid the condolences to the family, and even "helped looking", I have seriously started wondering if the scenario that Jason had been observed by an acquaintance might not be the correct one, after all.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]If so, then it must most likely have been a neighbor, or?[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]I can well se how this person would wave to Jason in the street and ask him into the house for a really quick arrend, or, if by car, offer him a ride to where Jason was going.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]I mentioned this idea to Kelly, Jason's mother, and she said that the neighbor living across the street had in fact been questioned and his house searched, but that nothing unusual had been found.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]Now, given that the Police did not even start moving until firstly 10 outrageous days after Jason's disappearance, any perpertrator would have had more than enough time to calmly get rid of evidence.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]As I have said earlier, it is most likely thanks to the Law enforcement being so incredibly slow that the case is still unsolved.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]P.S. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]While unrelated, the case always makes me think of another case in Germany, that of 19-year-old Pierre Pahlke, who went missing in 2013 when he left his special needs home (he was mentally challenged and on the mental level of a child) to buy some soda.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]Somewhere on the way he disappeared and have been missing ever since. [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]However something interesting was that the dogs of the squad searching for him, actually not only found his track, but also followed it straight to the door and house where it turned out that two previously convicted molesters lived. These were taken in for interrogation and the house searched, however because of lack of evidence they were released and the case remains unsolved, at least officially.[/FONT]

I just can't help but wonder if the same type of findings would have been made in Jason's case if the enforcement had only acted sooner with search dogs instead of waiting all those days with the feet on the desk(I actually don't even know if search dogs were ever used, and apparently neither do Kelly).

Were there any apartment buildings near to Jason's home?
Near/far enough that someone could have regularly watched him through binoculars and become familiar with his routines, then moved away without arousing suspicion?
imo.

I always suspected it was someone who knew him, because I think I read somewhere he was shy. It didn't sound like he would have gone off with just anyone, so I'm thinking it was an opportunist who Jason knew, just waiting for the right time. I'm just surprised no one saw anything after he brought in the garbage cans. It was broad day light in a well occupied neighborhood.

I have no idea.:/ A very good question you mentioned there.
I have always imagined it as being only villas, but that can of course be wrong as I am after all not even a resident.
Maybe the people in the Jason-thread at city-data Omaha could say? It is a pitty that thread is so inactive,

Regardless, it would be interesting to know what made the police decide to search through the neighbor's house and question him.
My understanding of house searches is that such a search is not something that can be done without a very good reson, for which you then also need a warrant for(someone correct me if I am wrong). It would be very interesting to know what that good reason was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1