NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking that if Jason was outside taking in the garbage cans, other people were probably doing the same thing - did someone he ran into along the way to his lift to work, ask him for help to drag their bins inside?
Although he was said to be shy, it would be awkward for him or anyone for that matter, to refuse to help even if it was a stranger and male.
Maybe he was simply pulled inside and restrained from leaving?
At the time he went missing, wondering if the public garbage dump was searched, and if there would be any point now to have cadaver dogs search the neighbourhood for him?
imo, speculation.

Did Jason get distracted by a tornado, or someone warning him of one?
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Sewa...Hre4GqmSA#q=Seward+Nebraska+to+omaha+nebraska
attachment.php

http://www.nebraskaweatherphotos.org/june13-2001.html

attachment.php

-4 Tornado east of Seward, Nebraska, June 13, 2001
Above Photo © Sherry Reinert

Attachments

• data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,wG2UM9qknhum4NyvFXDf8hnl7N1khQLgZSGQhSPtPFFwLo7fkpL.png
    data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,wG2UM9qknhum4NyvFXDf8hnl7N1khQLgZSGQhSPtPFFwLo7fkpL.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 118
  • seward1sm.jpg
    seward1sm.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 118
Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. Stranger things have happened.

That said, I'm sceptical about this. There was only a small time frame between Jason leaving his house and getting to the school. Did this guy's enemies just happen to be driving through the neighbourhood when they mistook Jason en route to the school? Also, what time was Sheets released from jail? How far was the jail to Jason's neck of the woods? And if they did have prior knowledge of his release, wouldn't they be following his movements from the jail?

I'm skeptic too but this makes more sense to me than somebody stalking or randomly abducting a 6 foot tall 19 year old. I looked and the place that houses death row inmates in Nebraska is about an hour southwest of Omaha.

Interestingly though, the high school where Kenyatta Bush was last seen at before her body was discovered (North High School) is only 7 minutes away from Benson High School where JJ was walking to, and his home is between the two high schools. So the neighborhoods where all these people resided were likely close to each other. It would be interesting to know exactly where Sheets and Kenyatta lived.

I'm skeptic too but this makes more sense to me than somebody stalking or randomly abducting a 6 foot tall 19 year old. I looked and the place that houses death row inmates in Nebraska is about an hour southwest of Omaha.

Interestingly though, the high school where Kenyatta Bush was last seen at before her body was discovered (North High School) is only 7 minutes away from Benson High School where JJ was walking to, and his home is between the two high schools. So the neighborhoods where all these people resided in were likely close to each other. It would be interesting to know exactly where Sheets and Kenyatta lived.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nort...chool+nebraska+to+Benson+High+School+nebraska
6 min (2.3 mi) via Paxton Blvd and Fontenelle Blvd
attachment.php

Attachments

• data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,OySWBcK57xoyGmvu42jZT7tqL-OpnCMgnbrkqPLi9HkxRZxGjQq.png
    data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,OySWBcK57xoyGmvu42jZT7tqL-OpnCMgnbrkqPLi9HkxRZxGjQq.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 88
Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box. Stranger things have happened. That said, I'm sceptical about this. There was only a small time frame between Jason leaving his house and getting to the school. Did this guy's enemies just happen to be driving through the neighbourhood when they mistook Jason en route to the school? (shortened by Alleykins)

You just never know. :)

I'm curious. Was Jason on the Autism spectrum? I ask because some of his personality traits remind me a little bit of my son, who is high functioning ASD/formerly Aspergers's/formerly PPD-NOS.

Not suggesting the uid male found in 2013 is Jason, and this area is some distance away from where he lived, but - since previously mentioned murder victim, Kenyatta Bush was located here, might Jason also be there ?
imo, speculation.rbbm.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Questions-Surround-Body-Found-in-Washington-County-235164141.html
Dec 10, 2013
Authorities in Washington County are investigating a deadly mystery. A decomposing body has been located in a ravine just north of the county line.
It was discovered Monday in the 2500 block of County Road P40.
Investigators say the body is that of an adult male who had been there since before the snow fell. They say the death is suspicious.
The area has been the scene of high-profile murders in the past. The body of North High School student Kenyatta Bush was found there, as was the body of Amber Harris.
Ron Ashburry said, “It’s close to the city but far enough away where they're not really gonna be seen is probably the main thing. It’s close enough to North Omaha where a lot of the stuff happens; close enough but far enough; probably what happened.”

I'm curious. Was Jason on the Autism spectrum? I ask because some of his personality traits remind me a little bit of my son, who is high functioning ASD/formerly Aspergers's/formerly PPD-NOS.

Charley project says he had speech/language impairments, but says nothing about social impairments. I can't draw any conclusions from that as I am no expert.

Another s-t-r-e-t--c-h but,
could Jason have been mistaken for this person released from jail on the same day Jason went missing?
http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/sheets-jeremy.htm
attachment.php

[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An extremely unsettling thought. Especially as Jason disappeared on the exact same day that Jeremy Sheets was released, June 13 (2001). [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just don't know what to think about it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maybe you should mention it to kelly? If so, then of course not on her private mail but the mail at the Jasonproject. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Poor woman, having the one horrible scenario after the other suggested to her about her lost son, what a never ending nightmare. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A very good find, dotr.[/FONT]

Interestingly though, the high school where Kenyatta Bush was last seen at before her body was discovered (North High School) is only 7 minutes away from Benson High School where JJ was walking to, and his home is between the two high schools. So the neighborhoods where all these people resided were likely close to each other. It would be interesting to know exactly where Sheets and Kenyatta lived.

I definitely agree that this is certainly an angle worth taking a look at, and as suggested, I think it deserves being considered perhaps posting it to Kelly.

Likewise perhaps a delicate mention of that area that, was it dotr(?) mentioned, that has been traditionally used for dumping bodies, could be considered, too.

With that said, it is perfectly understandable that you underestimate the probability of the predator scenario, due to the wide spread belief that an adult male cannot possibly fall victim to such types of crimes other than maybe, maybe, extremely rarely, when in reality it happens all the time (although, obviously, it is more common with the victim being female).

One reason that such a scenario do deserve serious consideration, is that Jason very much fit the victim profile that such predators often tend to target, both apparencewise, agewise, as well as personalitywise (shy, kind, silent).

It is a widespread belief that it is only or foremostly little boys that fall victims to such criminals, but the truth is that such predators have no specific age-group other than the prey being young, which can be everything from pre-teens to later twenties.

As earlier said, such predators do not care about size (other than the prey not being overweight) or height, as they rarely rely on physical violence to subdue but on other methods.
For example, serial killer Patrick Kearney with 21- 43 victims, who had a foremost preference for young adult males, was only 5'5 tall, yet preferred his victims to be of greater stature, because he knew he would have no difficutlies subduing them with his methods.
thods.

So, the scenario is indeed a possibility, although of course also other suggestions needs to be considered as well.

I definitely agree that this is certainly an angle worth taking a look at, and as suggested, I think it deserves being considered perhaps posting it to Kelly.

Likewise perhaps a delicate mention of that area that, was it dotr(?) mentioned, that has been traditionally used for dumping bodies, could be considered, too.

With that said, it is perfectly understandable that you underestimate the probability of the predator scenario, due to the wide spread belief that an adult male cannot possibly fall victim to such types of crimes other than maybe, maybe, extremely rarely, when in reality it happens all the time (although, obviously, it is more common with the victim being female).

One reason that such a scenario do deserve serious consideration, is that Jason very much fit the victim profile that such predators often tend to target, both apparencewise, agewise, as well as personalitywise (shy, kind, silent).

It is a widespread belief that it is only or foremostly little boys that fall victims to such criminals, but the truth is that such predators have no specific age-group other than the prey being young, which can be everything from pre-teens to later twenties.

As earlier said, such predators do not care about size (other than the prey not being overweight) or height, as they rarely rely on physical violence to subdue but on other methods.
For example, serial killer Patrick Kearney with 21- 43 victims, who had a foremost preference for young adult males, was only 5'5 tall, yet preferred his victims to be of greater stature, because he knew he would have no difficutlies subduing them with his methods.
thods.

So, the scenario is indeed a possibility, although of course also other suggestions needs to be considered as well.

Fair enough, you've made me a believer. As I read your post it reminded me of my 6'6" male cousin (his name is JASON of all things lol) that was mugged in Chicago while walking to catch the train in the morning. He was pistol whipped and knocked out briefly. Mugging is probably not what happened to Jason Jolkowski, but you're right the size is pretty much irrelevant.

Regarding the Jeremy Sheets mix-up scenario.
I was thinking, Sheets was arrested in 1992, when he was 18, right? Then he was released 9 years later in 2001 when he was 27? 28? Jason was 19 in 2001, and has been claimed to have looked younger than his years. Now, if there were some ****s seeing him walking ( I do not believe it would have been some revenging family members or police as they would have realized it was not the same guy), then wouldn't they have realized that the age didn't match? And wouldn't they realize that it was not the same guy at all when finally having him in the car? :/

I however still think this scenario is worth consideration, as people after all can be really stupid, especially aggressive people.

Someone at another board treating this case, claimed that Jason was indeed a high functioning autist, but as I do not know where this person had gotten that from, I would not dare take it as a fact.

Fair enough, you've made me a believer. As I read your post it reminded me of my 6'6" male cousin (his name is JASON of all things lol) that was mugged in Chicago while walking to catch the train in the morning. He was pistol whipped and knocked out briefly. Mugging is probably not what happened to Jason Jolkowski, but you're right the size is pretty much irrelevant.

Heh..:p Well, I am not really trying to make anyone a believer, I just do not want the scenario to be dismissed as it could be what happened, although it could of course also be completely wrong and not what happened at all. There is even a possibility that he might potentially be alive.
I am sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. A sad proof that really no one is safe in this world.:/

Some of his behaviors that I have read about remind me of my son, who is high functioning ASD, that's why I was curious.

We certainly can't rule out a sexually-motivated crime, even if the circumstances of the disappearance don't freely lend themselves to it. I said before that we might have been dealing with a Jeffery Dahmer type killer who targeted young men. However, Dahmer would prey on his victims at bars and lure them back to his place. Did a 'friendly' neighbour catch Jason on his way to work and take advantage of his unsuspecting nature? Did someone drive by and offer him a ride? But wouldn't Jason turn them down if he was expecting a ride at the school? I have to believe that he went with someone he trusted, as if there was an altercation of some kind you would've expected someone in a residential neighbourhood to have heard or seen something. It was only a 15 minute walk from his house to the school (according to Google Maps). Such a short window of opportunity for something to happen to him.

We certainly can't rule out a sexually-motivated crime, even if the circumstances of the disappearance don't freely lend themselves to it. I said before that we might have been dealing with a Jeffery Dahmer type killer who targeted young men. However, Dahmer would prey on his victims at bars and lure them back to his place. Did a 'friendly' neighbour catch Jason on his way to work and take advantage of his unsuspecting nature? Did someone drive by and offer him a ride? But wouldn't Jason turn them down if he was expecting a ride at the school? I have to believe that he went with someone he trusted, as if there was an altercation of some kind you would've expected someone in a residential neighbourhood to have heard or seen something. It was only a 15 minute walk from his house to the school (according to Google Maps). Such a short window of opportunity for something to happen to him.

Yes, that it was someone he trusted feels to be the most likely scenario. That is also what is believed, too:
Jason was a young adult male and unlike a child, he would have somehow made a scene if someone was attacking him. This gives the impression that he was lured under false pretenses, possibly with someone he trusted. He was described as a very trusting individual who seen the good in people. Maybe someone offered him a ride and he accepted? No one knows for sure what exactly occurred that day.
https://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/project-jason-the-disappearance-of-jason-jolkowski/

Back to the topic of a 'Dahmer type' it must be remembered that they all have different hunting grounds, so while some indeed go hunting on clubs, that is generally a bit risky as that leaves witnesses, wherefore many of them instead are looking for their prey by qruising around on scaresly trafficked roads, on the watchout for someone walking on foot or perhaps waiting at bus stops and so on.

Whether Jason would then have turned an offer for a ride down, I do not personally believe that he would, if it was an offer by someone he knew or thought he knew, and, someone who asked him where he was going and then offered driving Jason the remaining blocks to the waiting pickup.
As an example, I remember an ocassion from my childhood when I was walking home. It was daytime, and I was only two blocks from my house (more precisely, my house being the second block), when a car slowed in and a guy leaned out and offered me a ride home. I did not recognize him at all, but he in any case meant that we knew each other from school where he said that he had worked. So I thought "alright" and jumped in(although I did struggle with trying to place him).
Fortunately, he turned out to keep his promise and did indeed drop me off at my house. But the points of the story are that one can easily see how a person, especially someone with a somewhat childlike trust, could easily be decieved into going with someone, and even if it would be only a short remaining distance to walk.

However personally I believe that the ride-offer, if that was the scenario, probably happened somewhere between the first one or five blocks and not later or earlier (Which is of course just my guess).

When I was about 13 or 14, I was offered a ride by the father of a good friend of mine and politely refused. I really had no reason to mistrust him, he was a very nice man. I can't tell you how many sleepovers I'd had at my friend's house without incident, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it. It was drilled into me not to get into a car with someone-period.
Luckily, I was right around the corner from my house and could decline without any awkwardness, but I still get a bad vibe whenever I think about it. I don't regret not getting into the car at all.

I have been thinking about the very interesting and potential Jeremy Sheets mix-up scenario.
Something that would have helped a lot would have been a picture of Jason taken the very same year he disappeared and where he is not smiling, to evaluate if it could have actually been possible to confuse him for a young Sheets.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=jaso...3WbhEM:;7hRere-sfMAi1M:&imgrc=XVHAU6B03WbhEM:
attachment.php

attachment.php

J Sheets, circa 1997
http://journalstar.com/news/state-a...cle_8da2b259-6a1d-51de-bdd3-1e60ec63f6fc.html
http://www.crimelynx.com/sheets.html
`

rbbm.

Another accusation against JS
http://lexch.com/news/regional/form...cle_02d6cd5a-ec5f-561f-872e-2bc601c27c55.html
The latest case involved the most serious allegations. A 16-year-old Hispanic girl was in the parking lot of the Safeway grocery store in Highlands Ranch, an unincorporated area near Denver.

The girl said a man got out of a silver car and walked toward her with a knife in his right hand. The girl said he then wagged the knife at her and called her an expletive.
"You talking (expletive) about me?" the man said, according to the girl. "I am going to stab you."
The girl said she backed away as the Gerber-style hunting knife came within inches of her face.
The man then ran to the car and drove out of the parking lot, she said. She later identified Sheets as the aggressor.

Attachments

• 5e4b268f-1b30-576a-b2c6-b0b605f955eb.image.jpg
    5e4b268f-1b30-576a-b2c6-b0b605f955eb.image.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 153
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 92
I can see where he might be mistaken for Sheets, especially if if someone didn't know him well and had it out for him. I think it's a lead worth exploring and maybe contacting someone about it.

Problem is, that in that picture Jason is smiling, which makes it difficult to judge whether it would be possible to actually confuse the two if seeing him walking in the street. What I mean is that people can look very differently when they are smiling versus when not ( which is also the reason why it in some countries is even not allowed to smile on ID photos ), which is why another photograph would be helpful.
I mean, IF a mix-up would turn out to be very likely and the two would be spitting images, then the theory would definitely be important enough to tell kelly about. However if they would not be similar enough to confuse, I feel that it would perhaps be better to spare her.

Update:

I found a photo:
The following is of Jason from tenth grade, which should mean an age around 15 - 16? Unfortunately that is a bit too young to make a secure judgement, but it is better than nothing:
attachment.php

Attachments

• jasongrade10.jpg
    jasongrade10.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors