DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Published on Jun 14, 2015

WOWT 6 News Live at 5
[video=youtube;3pgnl0tW3H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pgnl0tW3H4[/video]

Problem is, that in that picture Jason is smiling, which makes it difficult to judge whether it would be possible to actually confuse the two if seeing him walking in the street. What I mean is that people can look very differently when they are smiling versus when not ( which is also the reason why it in some countries is even not allowed to smile on ID photos ), which is why another photograph would be helpful.
I mean, IF a mix-up would turn out to be very likely and the two would be spitting images, then the theory would definitely be important enough to tell kelly about. However if they would not be similar enough to confuse, I feel that it would perhaps be better to spare her.

Update:

I found a photo:
The following is of Jason from tenth grade, which should mean an age around 15 - 16? Unfortunately that is a bit too young to make a secure judgement, but it is better than nothing:
attachment.php

I still think it may be worth mentioning, the resemblance is close enough and who knows what could have been going through a perpetrator's mind (if this is indeed what happened)? What matters in this instance is what that person believed he or she saw at that moment, and if they believe they saw Sheets, if they were upset enough, it would also cloud their judgment. Plus, they may not have known Sheets well enough or had seen him in person enough, to know the difference.

I still think it may be worth mentioning, the resemblance is close enough and who knows what could have been going through a perpetrator's mind (if this is indeed what happened)? What matters in this instance is what that person believed he or she saw at that moment, and if they believe they saw Sheets, if they were upset enough, it would also cloud their judgment. Plus, they may not have known Sheets well enough or had seen him in person enough, to know the difference.

Wishing there was a photo of Sheets at the time the crime was allegedly committed (circa 1992, iirc) because that is how he would most likely be remembered as jail and of course time, would age him.
imo, speculation.

How did you happen to make the connection with Jeremy Sheets, dotr?

How did you happen to make the connection with Jeremy Sheets, dotr?

Nothing made sense to me about Jason going missing (as in some other cases) so as per usual, i looked around for events both mundane and unusual that were happening around the area where the missing person was last seen.
In this case, that day there was a tornado - which in my mind could cause a number of strangers to be in town, or possibly cause the locals to behave differently, imo.
Then, came across the story about JS release from prison after accusations of the hideous murder of a local teen girl, and i thought he had a slight resemblance to Jason...
Not that i am committed to the idea that the cases are connected, but posted in case it was of some significance.
imo, speculation.

Wishing there was a photo of Sheets at the time the crime was allegedly committed (circa 1992, iirc) because that is how he would most likely be remembered as jail and of course time, would age him.
imo, speculation.

I did some digging and found the following description on ebay regarding to the first photo of Jeremy that you uploaded in this thread, which claims the photo is from the year 2000:
2000 Jeremy Sheets photo United Colors of Benetton fashion print ad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Jeremy...rs-of-Benetton-fashion-print-ad-/361662377176

attachment.php

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Sheetsebay.jpg
    Sheetsebay.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 99
Nothing made sense to me about Jason going missing (as in some other cases) so as per usual, i looked around for events both mundane and unusual that were happening around the area where the missing person was last seen.
In this case, that day there was a tornado - which in my mind could cause a number of strangers to be in town, or possibly cause the locals to behave differently, imo.
Then, came across the story about JS release from prison after accusations of the hideous murder of a local teen girl, and i thought he had a slight resemblance to Jason...
Not that i am committed to the idea that the cases are connected, but posted in case it was of some significance.
imo, speculation.

Since investigators seem to be stymied (at least from the outside looking in), I think your idea may have some merit. I'm a believer that when the typical ideas have run the gamut with no results, it may be time to think outside the box.

imo, speculation.

Yes it's speculation, but it's also at least a slight possibility. At this point, any lead is a lead. JMO

I did some digging and found the following description on ebay regarding to the first photo of Jeremy that you uploaded in this thread, which claims the photo is from the year 2000: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Jeremy...rs-of-Benetton-fashion-print-ad-/361662377176

attachment.php

Apparently the ad was not as well received as the company may have hoped..
http://www.salon.com/2000/04/17/benetton/
Monday, Apr 17, 2000 12:00 PM EST [h=1]Live from death row[/h] [h=2]When Benetton used convicted killers as models in its ad campaign, it cost more than the firm bargained for.[/h] Craig Offman
In January, a little more than two months after Toscani’s team made their last prison visits, the “We, On Death Row” campaign was in full swing. Talk magazine featured the photo essay as an insert. But the appearance of the advertisements on billboards and inside magazines sparked a legal brushfire. It wasn’t the catalog that the various attorneys general objected to — in their view, they had already consented to that. But several state officials began to complain that Benetton had no right to use the death-row photographs for an ad campaign.

I didn't realize that Benetton had done that, Dot.

Did Jason get distracted by a tornado, or someone warning him of one?
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Sewa...Hre4GqmSA#q=Seward+Nebraska+to+omaha+nebraska
attachment.php

http://www.nebraskaweatherphotos.org/june13-2001.html

attachment.php

-4 Tornado east of Seward, Nebraska, June 13, 2001
Above Photo © Sherry Reinert

If Jason was in Omaha, he would not have been distracted by a tornado that is 70 miles away. Also a tornado that far away does not mean there would be a tornado warning in Omaha.

imo, speculation.

I am not sure why a tornado would cause a number of strangers to be in town.

If Jason was in Omaha, he would not have been distracted by a tornado that is 70 miles away. Also a tornado that far away does not mean there would be a tornado warning in Omaha.

I am not sure why a tornado would cause a number of strangers to be in town.

If the tornado was closer, which it was not, it might have brought new people into town such as news reporters and crew, emergency personnel, and people seeking shelter.
All a moot point, the tornado speculation, has been spanked and put to bed!

I really think the JS lead is worth running by investigators. I hope someone contacts them!

I have not sent any mail to her(Kelly) but I have actually written one, it is just not yet sent. The reason I have yet not sent it, is because I, as earlier said, do not want to send her emotionally difficult material unless there is really a very good reason.
And to be honest, the more I have compaired pictures of Sheets versus Jason, back and forth, back and forth, the less similarities do I see. I have gone through many pictures of him (Jason) now, and I feel that anyone driving by and seeing Jason walking on the sidewalk and believes him to be Sheets, must be halfblind. Firstly, the ears are totally wrong, the nose is wrong and Sheets also have a visible beardshadow that Jason do not have, and their bodily constitutions also differs, et cetera.
I am open to the possibility that a nearsighted person seeing him might initially believe him to be sheets, and shouting it to the co-passangers, but I have big difficulties believing that a mix-up would be possible to last once seeing him close-up.
Also it must be remembered that Jason was said to look younger than his 19 years, while Sheets was around 25 on the image from the year 2000.

I do not want to come accross as difficult, I just do not want Kelly upset unless there is a very good reason. I don't know how others feel, but giving someone the suggestion that their son might have been lynched to death is not a theory one is exactly eager to suggest unless there is a very good ground for it.

I have not sent any mail to her(Kelly) but I have actually written one, it is just not yet sent. The reason I have yet not sent it, is because I, as earlier said, do not want to send her emotionally difficult material unless there is really a very good reason.
And to be honest, the more I have compaired pictures of Sheets versus Jason, back and forth, back and forth, the less similarities do I see. I have gone through many pictures of him (Jason) now, and I feel that anyone driving by and seeing Jason walking on the sidewalk and believes him to be Sheets, must be halfblind. Firstly, the ears are totally wrong, the nose is wrong and Sheets also have a visible beardshadow that Jason do not have, and their bodily constitutions also differs, et cetera.
I am open to the possibility that a nearsighted person seeing him might initially believe him to be sheets, and shouting it to the co-passangers, but I have big difficulties believing that a mix-up would be possible to last once seeing him close-up.
Also it must be remembered that Jason was said to look younger than his 19 years, while Sheets was around 25 on the image from the year 2000.

I do not want to come accross as difficult, I just do not want Kelly upset unless there is a very good reason. I don't know how others feel, but giving someone the suggestion that their son might have been lynched to death is not a theory one is exactly eager to suggest unless there is a very good ground for it.

Thanks for your efforts Picachu!
Personally, i share your concern about upsetting family with things posted, i do not like to " bother" the authorities ( or other posters) with speculation that they may see as silly.
Always hoping that if speculation has some merit, it will be noticed and checked out by the appropriate parties, or at the least spark interest in a mp case.

This comment was posted on another thread concerning a young man who went missing for years and turned up alive after apparently suffering from amnesia!
Hoping that something like that may have happened to Jason.imo, speculation.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post12351938
JanetElaine
user-offline.png
Really great news! I've often wondered if something similar might have happened to Jason Jolkowski (head injury, memory loss, left his area, is living somewhere else)

Thanks for your efforts Picachu!
Personally, i share your concern about upsetting family with things posted, i do not like to " bother" the authorities ( or other posters) with speculation that they may see as silly.
Always hoping that if speculation has some merit, it will be noticed and checked out by the appropriate parties, or at the least spark interest in a mp case.

This comment was posted on another thread concerning a young man who went missing for years and turned up alive after apparently suffering from amnesia!
Hoping that something like that may have happened to Jason.imo, speculation.

You and me both, then.:) Although I hope you are never afraid of other posters finding a theory silly, I mean, it is a discussionboard.:p And your suggestion on a mix-up was on the contrary quite genious, and I was after all the one in the first place suggesting that perhaps it should be furthered on, before later feeling doubts about it.
You are doing a tirelessly and admirable work, dotr, and you must always continue sharing everything you come up with!

Perhaps investigation teams should have people that steadily followed discussions on the web concerning various publicaly noted cases that have not yet been solved. That way it could be ensured that various angles and potentially useful information would regularly be noticed by the propriate parties.

That case about the missing man suffering from amnesia indeed gives hope, yes. There is indeed a possibility that Jason might be alive which should not be forgotten. And it would be fully possible to explain the circumstances that are pointing against it, too, even without an amnesia, and even Kelly admitted such a possibility as late as at least 2005. So let us hope.

What's the consensus on Samuel Sherman? Do people think his disappearance is related to Jason's or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper