NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Samuel Sherman case bothers me. It seems connected to Jason. Were there any other disappearances after Sam in the area?

Wow. These two cases are eerily similar. The lack of coverage and information, including no photo, on Sam's case are a tragedy in and of itself. I'm sure LE is aware of this case and if there are any connections-or not. I hope they find both young men. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

Jun 13, 2013
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/12-Years-Later--Jason-Jolkowski-Still-Missing-211438871.html

Jason22.JPG NCMA992083e1.jpg

"We have had over 1200 long term missing children recovered wherein an age progression image was done," stated Steve Loftin, supervisor of the Forensic Imaging Unit which created the image. "There have been some age progression images that have been directly attributable to a child's recovery and other age progression images that simply aided the investigator in determining whether they have found the missing child, especially if there have been a lot of years gone by since the child went missing."

“We are confident that someone, somewhere, knows something that could bring our family the answers we desperately need,” said Kelly Murphy, Jason’s mother, and the founder of nonprofit, Project Jason, which has since helped thousands of other families with missing loved ones. “Enough time has now passed that perhaps someone will decide to do the right thing. Please help us by going to the authorities with what you know.”

Does anyone know if Kelly still checks into WS from time to time? I would love to know what she thinks of the Sam Sherman case and if she feels it could be related to Jason's, as the cases we close in proximity and time.

Hi all,
I am glad to see the ongoing discussion about Jason. I think about this case a lot and it's one of those that I really want to see solved.
I agree with others who have zeroed in on a Fazoli's connection. When I first read about Jason, that was the first theory that I had. Someone running the place was involved in criminal activity and Jason became a target of that activity.
However, after reading over so many of the old threads, it seemed that the co-workers were extensively interviewed by the PI hired by the Jolkowski's and the PI didn't' come up with any leads in that regard.
Even still, I can't discount the Fazoli's theory.

It would be interesting to know if the private investigator had any suspicions towards anyone.
Question is also if those extensively interviewed by the investigator were ever as extensively interviewed with polygraph by the police. However given that the police did not even bother slowly start moving until after the tenth day after the disappearance, it is not a very promising sign of a thorough police work.

I do wonder if LE has more info that they have never released. Now would be a great time to do that! I find the lack of any new information disheartening. It's literally the same story, repeated over and over for so many years. Nothing new ever comes up. I hope this is the year we get some new information about this case.

The LE might very well have an idea of what has happened or maybe even a suspect.
It is even possible that they might consider the case "inofficially solved", as occassionally happen in other missing person cases, but that they lack any proof to frame anyone, so they keep quiet about their conclusions.

The Samuel Sherman case bothers me. It seems connected to Jason. Were there any other disappearances after Sam in the area?

Not what I have personally found, which however of course do not mean there weren't any. The only other case I could find was a young Omaha male by the name Michael Eugene Ashby that disappeared 9 years earlier, while on his way to a date: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/ashby_michael.html

It could mean nothing as well as it could mean a lot (for example in the case of a serial killer).

Not a bad summary, VF, but I think you overestimate the ability for his workplace to stage a kidnapping. You're presuming that whoever called Jason didn't lie about the time of his shift. He agrees for Jason to be picked up at the school, which is when the abductor arrives (presumably someone Jason knew) pretending to be his ride. Once the caller has been informed that Jason's collected, he asks one of Jason's colleagues at the restaurant to go and pick him up for his shift, knowing full well he won't be there. The caller is now in the clear, as the only one who could contradict him is Jason.

Exactly. That might very well be a possible scenario.
There is however something that I have not gotten fully clear regarding this morning: In one version it is said that Jason was called in early, while in another it is stated that he was not even supposed to work at all when he was unexpectedly called in to work:

"Jason was 19 and attending community college part time and worked full time at a restaurant, called Fazoli's and wanted to be a disc jockey. On the day he disappeared, Jason and his younger brother, Michael, were on summer break from school. Their parents were at work, and the boys were home alone. His boss at Fazoli's called him that morning and asked him to come into work on his day off. Jason's car was at the mechanic's shop, so his boss arranged a ride for him with a co-worker. She and Jason were to meet at a high school parking lot that was within walking distance from the Jolkowskis' home. Jason had walked that seven-block route before, according to his Mother. The route took him along normally quiet, residential streets with little vehicle or pedestrian traffic. The last time Jason was seen was at 10:15 that morning, standing at the end of his driveway.
Less than an hour later, his boss called and spoke with Michael, complaining that Jason had not shown up for work and had never arrived at the high school to meet his ride. His parents arrived home from work to learn that Jason had been missing all day. They called Jason's friends. None of them had seen or heard from him that day." http://lawandordnance.com/Jason's%20Story

If Jason was in fact not even supposed to work at all that day, then it becomes even more suspicious that he just happened to disappear the very day he was unexpectedly called in on his day off.

The following is complete speculation and could thus be completely wrong, but, I could well see how a scenario as that suggested by ekardh would actually be the case.
Someone at Jason's work had his eyes on Jason since some time, and then decided to make his move. He calls Jason saying he needs to come in to work and arranges for a co-worker to wait for Jason at the school. Then, he calls someone else in cahoots telling about the arrangement, telling this person to "happenstance" drive by where Jason is on his way to the meetingpoint, offering him a ride to his pick-up.
This is not an impossible scenario at all, and that more than one predator have co-worked together in abducting young males has happened numerous times before. An example being "The Family", where not only two, but a whole league of molesters, sadists and serial killers co-operated together, luring both adolescents as well as adult males in their nests; a league that are believed to have been responsible for several hundreds of victims despite only one of the members being sentenced for murder.

With that being said, and while I suspect the perpetrator was someone that had had his eyes on Jason earlier, it could of course also be that Jason just happened to be spotted by a lone-operating psycho that just happened to be driving by right then and there, abusing Jason's trust and lack of streetsmartnes. Life can be full with so incredibly cruel coincidences, so it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

This is a case that I, too, very strongly want to see solved and the criminals, if someone indeed did something to him, brought to hard justice.

Welcome to Ws Picachu!
Very good points about this case, it is time someone shakes the apple tree, how could this young, healthy teen, simply vanish and leave no trace behind?

Welcome to Ws Picachu!
Very good points about this case, it is time someone shakes the apple tree, how could this young, healthy teen, simply vanish and leave no trace behind?

Thank you for the welcome!
Somewhere there are someone or more that holds the answers. It has been 15 years now and Jason's family deserves those answers.

I used to get called into work on my day off at one of my former jobs. When you work in retail or the fast food industry, that seems to be the nature of the business, either to cover an unexpected increase in customers or to cover someone else's shift. I don't find that suspicious at all. In fact, one of the conditions of me coming into work was that if they wanted me there so badly, they'd have to come get me and give me a ride home. His coworkers were interviewed at length, so I think they're in the clear. The fact that there was communication between and from the driver, his boss and Jason's family leads me to believe there was no wrong doing their part. They were quick to notify his parents he hadn't showed up.
My theory is nothing new or out of the ordinary-at some point between his house and the school he was approached someone that was able to convince him to go with them. It could have been a neighbor, an acquaintance who happened to be passing by or even a stranger who recognized he was on his way to work by his work attire and offered him a ride. If Jason said something to them, like, are you my ride? Any opportunist would have said yes. It didn't sound like to me that he knew the person who was picking him up because they couldn't find his house, but I could be wrong there. But, if he didn't, he might have gotten into a vehicle believing that it was the ride who was supposed to pick him up.

I used to get called into work on my day off at one of my former jobs. When you work in retail or the fast food industry, that seems to be the nature of the business, either to cover an unexpected increase in customers or to cover someone else's shift. I don't find that suspicious at all. In fact, one of the conditions of me coming into work was that if they wanted me there so badly, they'd have to come get me and give me a ride home. His coworkers were interviewed at length, so I think they're in the clear. The fact that there was communication between and from the driver, his boss and Jason's family leads me to believe there was no wrong doing their part. They were quick to notify his parents he hadn't showed up.
My theory is nothing new or out of the ordinary-at some point between his house and the school he was approached someone that was able to convince him to go with them. It could have been a neighbor, an acquaintance who happened to be passing by or even a stranger who recognized he was on his way to work by his work attire and offered him a ride. If Jason said something to them, like, are you my ride? Any opportunist would have said yes. It didn't sound like to me that he knew the person who was picking him up because they couldn't find his house, but I could be wrong there. But, if he didn't, he might have gotten into a vehicle believing that it was the ride who was supposed to pick him up.

Rbbm.
Totally plausible scenario, imo, because it is one that i have experienced.
Going to work out of town, was told to meet a truck at x location, x time, so when a truck pulled up alongside me, i hopped right in and asked where the others were- he did not know what i was talking about- and at that sudden and frozen moment, realized i better get out before he started driving.
Lucky for me, despite his gruff n ruff appearance, the driver just shrugged and out i went. Could not believe what i almost did and what could have happened!
So, yes- it is very possible that Jason hopped into the wrong car, imo.

You were very lucky, dotr!
I was thinking even if he were expecting a female coworker to pick him up, it's possible who ever did pick him up/approach him could have been female, too.

This young man went missing in a different time and place, but i was reminded of Jason, posting here on the chance there is a connection.
The mp looks somewhat, imo, like Jason and has a learning disability ( in case someone targets that type, whether or not they have one,ie.Jason ) and he - Tim Guy, was picked up by an unknown adult male named " Jeff", at Tim's workplace.. fwiw.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...yth-County-6-Feb-1987&p=12541994#post12541994
GA - Timothy Guy, 18, Forsyth County, 6 Feb 1987
TGuy.jpg
http://doenetwork.org/cases/86dmga.html

Another one that comes to mind is Michael Negrete. He went missing from college in CA in 1999. Though it doesn't come right out and state it, If you read his Charley Project profile, it reads like someone who is on the spectrum (sensitivity issues/repeative speech patterns/mind for detail), and he looks like both Jason and Tim.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/negrete_michael.html

Another one that comes to mind is Michael Negrete. He went missing from college in CA in 1999. Though it doesn't come right out and state it, If you read his Charley Project profile, it reads like someone who is on the spectrum (sensitivity issues/repeative speech patterns/mind for detail), and he looks like both Jason and Tim.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/negrete_michael.html

Yes, Michael is similar to these other missing young men. There were posts about an alleged stalker of young men on his thread.
Wonder if Jason was a " gamer" too?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...te-18-Los-Angeles-10-Dec-1999-UCLA-dorm/page9
CA - Michael Negrete, 18, Los Angeles, 10 Dec 1999 - UCLA dorm

*BUMP*

Alright. In the hunt for any potential clues, I decided to look for other Omaha disappearances to see if there could be any potential similarities in any of them.
It seems that Omaha don't have that many disappearances, although there are most likely cases that I have missed.

attachment.php

August 24 1993, Michael Eugene Ashby, 23, disappears on his way to a date. Last seen on Park Avenue and South 29th Street in the city.

attachment.php

March 31 1995, Benjamin Richard Crannon disappears. Details surrounding disappearance unknown and the police refused to accept a missing report until firstly 2004, nine years after his disappearance.

And here, as we know, June 13 2001, Jason, 19, disappears on his way to his waiting pickup and was
last seen walking on foot in the area of 48th and Bedford Street in Benson. :(

Roughly a month later, July 19, Samuel Sherman, 19, leaves his residence at 3600 block of Bedford Avenue in the morning for a job interview he never came back from. Unfortunately, no image of Sherman avaible. But he is described as having had reddish-blond hair and blue eyes.

attachment.php

November 18 2008, Sharif Bozorov, 24, goes missing, last seen in the area of 3400 North 93rd Street in Omaha.

attachment.php

October 27 2014, Joseph R. Coppock, 18, goes missing. Details surrounding disappearance unknown.

These are the cases I have been able to find so far. However for the possible exceptions of Michael Ashby and Samuel Sherman, I do not believe that any of them are connected. I just thought I would post what I had found and bump the thread.

Attachments

• coppock_joseph.jpg
    coppock_joseph.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 131
  • ashby_michael.jpg
    ashby_michael.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 125
  • cannon_benjamin.jpg
    cannon_benjamin.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 126
  • p11184039.jpg
    p11184039.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 130
  • jasonjolkowski.gif
    jasonjolkowski.gif
    66.2 KB · Views: 20
I wish we could find a picture of Sam Sherman.

Today marks fifteen years since Jason went missing.
I wasn't able to find any recent news articles or updates about him, so I will just say may this please be the year Jason comes home.

Today marks fifteen years since Jason went missing.
I wasn't able to find any recent news articles or updates about him, so I will just say may this please be the year Jason comes home.

Amen. Fifteen years.... where are you, Jason? :(

I am happy to see that the previous posters remembered Jason and today's date!
To not forget might sometimes and for someone mean the world.

For Jason's family, today's date is a recurring curse. I uploaded the following words written by Jason's Mother, Kelly, on another board, that she wrote some years after his disappearance about her relationship with the date June 13th ever since, and it is only in place to also do so here:

It's September 13th today. It's just another day for most people. It's not for me.

Each month, the 13th comes around again. There is nothing that can stop it. It serves as a reminder of what is and what isn't.

I went to work this morning and started the day, as usual, at 8 a.m. I flipped over my daily calendar from Monday to Tuesday. The number 13 stared me in the face. It's not that I don't know what comes after 12, or what day this is, it was just that the action of the turning of that page made the surreal become real all over again.

I am at 4 years and three months since Jason disappeared. That's 1,550 days living without him and living in the not knowing. My throat tightens as I type this. I fight back tears. Everywhere I look, I see his face, although in shadows. I cannot grasp onto a shadow. It moves with my movements, always out of reach.

There are times when the world seems so small, but this is a time when it seems as if might as well be the universe. He is out there somewhere, and I cannot find him, no matter what I do. I often say that finding a missing person can be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but for me, there are a million haystacks, and I am blindfolded.

With over 4 years of living this life under my belt, I am becoming more accustomed to digging through the haystacks. As long as I keep going, I have eliminated another one. I don't like it at all, but I accept that this is what is, for now, and it may be what is for the rest of my natural life. At least I know one thing: I will see my son again. I just do not know when and where. It may not be on this earthly plain.

It's hard to wait. It's hard to think of what may have happened or might be happening to him. There are plenty of frightening theories to go around, but there is also the possibility that he did leave willingly. I really do not know. I do know that the heartache and the pain do not diminish with time. A mother does not stop worrying about her child.

Recently, there was a story in the news about a young woman who had been missing for 7 years. Her parents thought she was dead, but she was alive and well, living and working in another state. Stories like these re-affirm hope. Just because someone has been missing for a period of time doesn't neccesarily mean they are dead. Hope is a gift I have that no one can take away. Only the truth can do that.

I will wait for the truth. In the meantime, I will keep on digging through the haystacks. Tomorrow may be just another day, but it will be a day of hope and of possibilities.[/QUOTE] https://voice4themissing.blogspot.se/2005/09/91305-just-another-day.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jason15.jpg
    Jason15.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 97
Absolutely heartbreaking and bewildering too!
It does not make sense that a nice young guy like Jason, is last seen taking out/ moving the garbage bins and poof- he is missing.
Beginning to wonder if maybe he is closer than anyone thinks, how are the neighbours?
imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member