NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it. The only thread I see on Jason is six months old. Could you post the link? Or the title? I woulda love to read it

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Yeah, you can't find it because it was deleted by a mod in my post a few days ago. We aren't allowed to links or post conversations apparently. You can search for Jason Jolkowski in the unsolvedmysteries sub on reddit and find it.

I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and state that someone at Jason's workplace is responsible for his disappearance. He was called into work early, a rendezvous point was arranged, and somewhere between his house and the school he vanishes. As I said before, only a few people knew that Jason's schedule had changed that day and where he would be headed. This stinks of a set-up.

Jason wasn't the victim of a hit & run, or kidnapped by a stranger. There were no signs of a struggle and no witnesses reported hearing a disturbance. Most likely he was picked up by someone he trusted, say, someone he knew from work.

What we don't have is a motive. Jason worked for an American-Italian restaurant, right? What if the restaurant was involved in some criminal activity which Jason knew about and they wanted him out of the picture? Maybe I've watched too much Breaking Bad (if there is such a thing as too much BB!), but you never know!

Well coworkers/manager or connections to them would certainly be the most obvious explanation, and I'm sure this is the first thing LE thought of. Jason's mother used to be active in Jason's first thread here and she said that all of his coworkers were interrogated by a very tough PI and LE and nothing came up.

Well coworkers/manager or connections to them would certainly be the most obvious explanation, and I'm sure this is the first thing LE thought of. Jason's mother used to be active in Jason's first thread here and she said that all of his coworkers were interrogated by a very tough PI and LE and nothing came up.

Hello, leilarose68.

That might well have been the case but it doesn't prove anything.

A couple simple questions here for anyone that can answer. I will admit I haven't had time to do any homework on Jason's case so the answers have probably been discussed.

What time did the Coworker call Jason's house wondering why he didn't show up at the High School? Just trying to get a time frame of how much time passed after the pickup was supposed to happen. Wonder why the coworker called and not the manager?

Why was Jason called in that day? Did another employee not show up for one reason or another? Looks like Jason was going to start a new job in a week....were the employees or people he knew at this upcoming job checked out?

Well, according to all descriptions about the order of events that day (that are public, anyway), Jason was supposed to meet up with this female co-worker/ride at the high school at 10:45am.
The supervisor at the Fizoli's restaurant called Jason's house sometime between 11:30ama and noon, once the co-worker alerted the supervisor to the fact Jason never arrived. I can not find anything to indicate the co-worker had a cell phone, or tried to call Jason herself....Only Jason's younger brother, Michael, aged 13, was home at the time to take the message from the Fizoli's supervisor, asking why Jason had not shown up for the ride or called, etc.
However, nobody really was worried about Jason for some hours---Jason's parents came home from work around 4-5pm, and Michael told them that Jason's boss had called to complain he had not shown up for work...that is when the search began and the next morning the police were called...it was at least a few days, however, before the police took it seriously as a missing persons case and that is when the media interest really started, the intense searches, questioning, etc started. The co-worker that was going to pick Jason up was questioned extensively, many times--more than anyone else, in fact, though a lot of people were questioned, especially at his work and his friends and known associates, etc. Nothing useful came from this.
I can not find anything to indicate someone had tried to call Jason's cell phone, either. There is mention that Jason had a cell phone, but that is all. It is implied this phone was with him when he disappeared and no activity was logged on it since that time.

Why Jason was called in that day I do not know, but it was apparently not that unusual for this to happen---either switching employee schedules or calling people in when they needed more staff, so this call-in on Jason's day off was not that out of the ordinary.

One thing I would like to know is that since Jason's car had been in the repair shop for a number of days by the time he vanished, how was he getting to work on the previous days he had no car? I can't find an answer to that. I wonder if someone was watching is movements in those days leading up to June 13th.

Hello, leilarose68.

That might well have been the case but it doesn't prove anything.

I certainly realize that nothing proves nothing at this point. I was simply stating that this angle has been thoroughly explored

@MysteryMaven IDK why but my messages aren't sending. If you look at my last post I provide instructions for where to find the link. go to the unsolvedmysteries sub on reddit and then search WITHIN the sub for jason jolkowski. hope this helps

@MysteryMaven IDK why but my messages aren't sending. If you look at my last post I provide instructions for where to find the link. go to the unsolvedmysteries sub on reddit and then search WITHIN the sub for jason jolkowski. hope this helps

Thanks, I was able to find the comments from the person who knew Jason. It really helped to get a fuller picture of him as a person. He was a really great, nice guy. It appears he was shy socially and was very intelligent, but did have some small issues that perhaps may have indicated the opposite. He did have some issues with directions, which we have talked about here.
Someone commented (can't remember where exactly) that the area where Jason lived was considered a rough or ghetto type area. Can anyone elaborate? I guess I just assumed it was your average middle class area. That could open up some possibilities. But I can't see someone forcing Jason into a car or mugging a grown man at 11 am in a residential area on a nice summer day.
Is it possible he got distracted and lost and wound up in a bad area? I know he was a grown adult but he did have trouble with directions. I wouldn't even consider that as possible if he was just your regular 19 year old, but he reportedly had some cognitive difficulties.

If only we knew more about that other guy who went missing in Jason's neighbourhood. I don't have the name to hand, right now, but there's no media stories about this disappearance or anything. Most people following Jason's case should know who I'm talking about.

Yes, Samuel Sherman is the other person who disappeared close to when Jason disappeared. It's such a big coincidence. It seems like Sherman may have been more of a drifter though. Wish we knew more about him for sure. I have tried finding more but I can't find anything of use. Does anyone know if there is a thread here for him? Maybe a family member or old friend would find it and jump on.
He has been discussed on other sites that talk about Jason, but no one that knew Sherman has jumped on and chimed in.

Yes, Samuel Sherman is the other person who disappeared close to when Jason disappeared. It's such a big coincidence. It seems like Sherman may have been more of a drifter though. Wish we knew more about him for sure. I have tried finding more but I can't find anything of use. Does anyone know if there is a thread here for him? Maybe a family member or old friend would find it and jump on.
He has been discussed on other sites that talk about Jason, but no one that knew Sherman has jumped on and chimed in.

Yeah, that's the one. Samuel Sherman. Hardly anything is known about this guy, it's like he doesn't exist, and yet someone obviously cared enough to report him missing. I wonder if the authorities are deliberately withholding information about his disappearance because they think it might be connected to Jason's case? I'm not one for coincidences. It's remarkable that another young man who lived a block away disappears a month later, under similar circumstances: Jason was called into work, Samuel left for a job interview. Theories abound. Did he run off with Jason? Is he behind Jason's disappearance? Were they taken by the same person? Could we be looking at a John Wayne Gacy type killer?

I think about this case a lot. I don't know why nobody seems to have any information about Samuel Sherman. I don't know if this is something the police have explored or not. I'm concerned that someone living on or near his walking route lured him into their home and killed him. I worry that they also got this other person. It is so far-fetched but it has happened.

*bumping for Jason*

I can't stop coming back to this case. If Jason had been a teenage girl, then a random abduction with rape/murder would not be unexpected, but it's incredibly rare for a grown man (which Jason was) to disappear like this under such mysterious circumstances, someone who ostensibly had a stable home-life, no ties to the wrong crowd, and while there were reports of teasing at high school this thing is par for the course and doesn't necessarily point to anything sinister. No witnesses, no sightings, no clues, nothing. It's a complete dead-end.

RE: Samuel Sherman - Can we get an idea on how old he was when he went missing? NamUs has him at 19 years old, whereas other databases say he was 26.

We have nothing to go on so the lack of information about Samuel Sherman as a potential link is glaring. I don't think we have any resources to learn more about him. I think Jason's mom had been active in discussions about his disappearance at one point. Hopefully this is something she is aware of and it has been explored by LE. Someone knows what happened to Jason but clearly they are not talking.

*bumping for Jason*

I can't stop coming back to this case. If Jason had been a teenage girl, then a random abduction with rape/murder would not be unexpected, but it's incredibly rare for a grown man (which Jason was) to disappear like this under such mysterious circumstances, someone who ostensibly had a stable home-life, no ties to the wrong crowd, and while there were reports of teasing at high school this thing is par for the course and doesn't necessarily point to anything sinister. No witnesses, no sightings, no clues, nothing. It's a complete dead-end.

RE: Samuel Sherman - Can we get an idea on how old he was when he went missing? NamUs has him at 19 years old, whereas other databases say he was 26.

We have nothing to go on so the lack of information about Samuel Sherman as a potential link is glaring. I don't think we have any resources to learn more about him. I think Jason's mom had been active in discussions about his disappearance at one point. Hopefully this is something she is aware of and it has been explored by LE. Someone knows what happened to Jason but clearly they are not talking.

I had asked Jason's mom recently if she had heard of Samuel and she had not. That shows what little media attention Samuel had through the years.
So, this is a possible link... it is something that needs to be looked into.

I've said this before but if it's true that Samuel Sherman went missing after a job interview, then it would follow that there had been a job application filled out that would have likely include information such as prior employment, education, etc. It would have been useful to see this.

I had asked Jason's mom recently if she had heard of Samuel and she had not. That shows what little media attention Samuel had through the years.
So, this is a possible link... it is something that needs to be looked into.

Did Jason's mom say if the area around their house had some gang activity?

I don't think there was any serious gang activity in that area at the time. It's Omaha, Nebraska. I know gang activity happens everywhere, but violent gang crimes just were not occurring in Omaha during this time period. Plus, it was what, 10 or 10:30 in the morning? Hardly prime time for gangs.

Of course, since we really do not know what happened, it is certainly something to consider. However, it is probably far down on the ladder of my theories of what happened to him.

I don't think there was any serious gang activity in that area at the time. It's Omaha, Nebraska. I know gang activity happens everywhere, but violent gang crimes just were not occurring in Omaha during this time period. Plus, it was what, 10 or 10:30 in the morning? Hardly prime time for gangs.

Of course, since we really do not know what happened, it is certainly something to consider. However, it is probably far down on the ladder of my theories of what happened to him.

As someone who's actually conversed with a person who knew Jason, there don't seem to be too many viable possibilities of what happened to him. I don't necessarily think that an official 'gang' randomly happened upon him, but just like high school he was targeted by one or more people who just wanted to mess with him. He had a hard time in high school. Obviously this kind of activity isn't too common but neither are people going missing and look what happened to Jason. The abductor would have known that he was leaving the house late morning and struck then because of that fact. I still think that the abductor knew someone who worked with Jason or was connected to his work in some capacity. Maybe Jason overheard something he shouldn't have. Jason was, according to this friend, an extremely reliable employee so the driver would have had to convincingly make it clear that he was his ride to work now. It makes some sense that Jason would have hopped in the car of someone connected to his work. In fact, I think that his abductor being connected to his work makes, by far, the most sense out of any theory.

There doesn't seem to be any indication whatsoever that he would run away or commit suicide (and his body would most likely have been found by now). This friend thinks that there is literally 0% chance that Jason would have run away by choice.I think a sexual predator coming upon him is even less likely than the group of guys ganging up on him theory. What sexual predator randomly roams around in late morning looking for super tall grown guys to take down?

According to this friend of Jason Omaha was definitely a little rough around the edges if not filled to the brim with gangs & many people think that Jason knew his abductors.

I can't stop returning to this case. Jason's disappearance has given me many sleepless nights because there are no leads to go on. How does a 19 year-old, 6'1" guy walk down the street in broad daylight and vanish without a trace?

I still think the only lead we have is his workplace. It might be clutching at straws but it's the only avenue I can see. This wasn't a normal working day for Jason, he had been called in for an earlier shift. They'd arranged for someone to pick him up at the school (or Jason arranged it? I forget), so there was the opportunity to intercept him before he made it there. I have to agree with others that Jason was probably picked up by someone he knew and trusted on the way to the pick-up spot. Someone from work who offered him a ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo