NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why there are not more readily available photos and information regarding Samuel Sherman's disappearance?? Kinda of odd that he vanished only a month after Jason.

I just keep running through scenarios but they all have issues. If it wasn't foul play then Jason somehow got off track, got lost and had some kind of accident. That seems unlikely because we are talking a out a populated residential area in a city. If it was foul play then it was someone in the area who saw him and stopped him under false pretenses.
If someone pulled up in a car offering a ride, all they would have to do when Jason declined is say they are subbing for the other ride. Jason would have probay said, no thanks, I am meeting a ride. The driver simply says, yeah, they canceled, hop in.
IIR, the designated ride was a teenage girl who had nothing to do with Jason going missing.
Either someone intercepted him and harmed him, or he got lost and wound up in some wooded area and hasn't been found. Suicide does not seem likely here, unless Jason had a really upsetting situation that morning, which doesn't seem to be the case.

The Samuel Sherman disappearance is quite a coincidence. He would have been on his way back to the area Jason went missing from. Without knowing more about Sherman, it's hard to draw a connection. There is almost no info about him, which could be for various reasons. Could have been in trouble with family, had a high risk lifestyle etc. can anyone find more info cause I sure can't.

I wonder why there are not more readily available photos and information regarding Samuel Sherman's disappearance?? Kinda of odd that he vanished only a month after Jason.

One theory was that he simply bombed interview and decided to skip town. Either that or he was not particularly well-liked in Omaha for some reason.

Just a couple random thoughts:

I say this about a lot of cases but Jason's has to be at the top of the list - it's absolutely maddening. A college aged, nice stable boy disappears around 10 AM on a sunny summer morning in a residential neighborhood on a simple last minute walk - WHY???

Jason's case was actually one of the first missing person's cases I really ever read about and it prompted my interest in missing person cases and made me join Websleuths.

I wonder where exactly he went missing from - the bottom of his driveway? Halfway during his walk? While he was standing around at the school?

I just can't picture someone getting lost/injured in Omaha, NE.

I used to lean towards the hit and run idea but as other posters said - how would someone get a 6 foot tall body in their car quickly.

Unfortunately I'm now thinking something more sinister - sex predator, or a bullying type thing due to Jason's disabilities.

If I remember right he disappeared on a Wednesday? (I graduated high school that week so I clearly remember what was going on in life at that time.) So lots of residents at work - neighborhood could have been quiet at that time.

If he was taken for sexual reasons (sorry, I hate to type stuff like this) what if he is still alive? He could even be relatively close.

Jason sounds like a really nice young man. (and innocent, which could have possibly contributed to this.)

SOMEONE knows!

I just read something online that said surveillance cameras showed he did not arrive to the high school - so I guess it happened on the way.

A couple of random thoughts. So many things don't make sense about this case.

A neighbor asking for him to come over to help with his trash cans and then forcing him into the home, is just so risky. I'm sure at 10am in the summer people are out, especially on garbage pick-up day.

Since his schedule was different on this morning how would bullies even know he was out there on that morning, unless they just happened to be driving by, or they knew from one of the coworkers that he was going to be walking to the school to get picked up?

I doubt a group of bullies or even a bully is driving around at 10am looking to make trouble. They are likely sleeping in or have a job, I would think. If it was 10pm, I would have a different opinion.

Was someone stalking him, perhaps from work? Did he have a crush on someone's girlfriend or wife and somehow he was set-up with this ride-situation to give the other person a chance to confront him and things got out of hand?

So, just in a nutshell, I think 10-11am is an odd time to go missing, his routine was different, a neighbor or known person would have been taking a huge risk at being identified near his house, brother might look out the window and say "he's getting in the car with Mr. Brown the neighbor," suicide seems highly unlikely, he doesn't really fit the mold of someone who is trafficked, the chance at a murderous predator being along is route is very slim. I think it was someone who knew about his change in schedule and intercepted him somewhere along his route to the school or it was someone, perhaps in the neighborhood who was stalking him and followed him along the route. At least those are my thoughts at the moment.

Lots of good thoughts and comments coming in. I am glad to see people thinking about Jason's case. It's interesting to me that there are no reported sightings of Jason. You know how sightings usually come up after a disappearance-some accurate, some not. At least LE haven't released any sightings to the public.
No sightings, no chatter or local gossip.
All I can think is that Jason somehow turned down the wrong street, got lost, then had an accident. I am curious about bodies of water and wooded areas nearby-were they searched?
If it was foul play, it would lead back to the co-workers because they were really the only ones who knew where Jason would be that morning. But they have all been questioned and even investigated by a PI.
This is one of the most mysterious and frustrating cases on WS! How can there be no trail of breadcrumbs to follow. Unless LE has not revealed everything to the public.

I understand the need to consider all possibilities, but it is my impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that Jason had grown up in that area, meaning I doubt he would have turned down a wrong street or got lost--one would have to wander far from the Omaha city limits to get lost. I just do not feel like this is what happened.

But I agree----the level of mystery surrounding this disappearance is maddening.

I understand the need to consider all possibilities, but it is my impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that Jason had grown up in that area, meaning I doubt he would have turned down a wrong street or got lost--one would have to wander far from the Omaha city limits to get lost. I just do not feel like this is what happened.

But I agree----the level of mystery surrounding this disappearance is maddening.

I don't think the getting lost scenario is too likely either. I think it could be possible because Jason had reported cognitive difficulties in communicating and following directions. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider it.
It's hard to believe in all this time there are no other details that have been reported. It's just the same exact story, over and over. I have tried reading as much as possible about this case but there is just the same story repeated, almost word for word. I do wonder if his family has been told anything new by LE that they just won't release. I wouldn't blame them at all. It's just hard to sleuth with no new information. I even checked a certain message board type website that I probably can't mention here to see if there was any chatter, and there wasn't. I have never seen any names of friends or the people who worked at Fazoli's. Of course these people are entitled to their privacy, but like I said, it makes sleuthing next to impossible. Does anyone have any more sleuthing avenues to go down?

At the moment aside from keeping Jason's name out there I'm at a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since his schedule was different on this morning how would bullies even know he was out there on that morning, unless they just happened to be driving by, or they knew from one of the coworkers that he was going to be walking to the school to get picked up?

Exactly what I was saying earlier. This was a change to Jason's usual schedule, therefore if his disappearance was premeditated it means that someone was privy to this information. Also, Jason had originally planned to walk to work but changed his mind.

I do wonder how thoroughly his co-workers were investigated.

Just out of curiosity what type of business was it that Jason worked at? By the name it sounds like possibly a restaurant?

Exactly what I was saying earlier. This was a change to Jason's usual schedule, therefore if his disappearance was premeditated it means that someone was privy to this information. Also, Jason had originally planned to walk to work but changed his mind.

I do wonder how thoroughly his co-workers were investigated.

Ok, so if he planned to walk then instead was offered a ride, could that have had anything to do with it? I apologise if this has been ruled out previously.

I'm almost positive the coworker picking Jason up was a female. So hard to imagine a female overpowering a 6 foot tall male.

Although Jason's walk was unplanned I still say a sex predator could have saw a moment of opportunity.

Could Jason have seen something he wasn't supposed to see on his walk? Drug deal, domestic violence?

It was garbage day. Could there have been an accident with a garbage truck?

I'm almost positive the coworker picking Jason up was a female. So hard to imagine a female overpowering a 6 foot tall male.

That doesn't rule them out as an accomplice. Only a limited number of people knew that Jason was going into work early that day and that he would be walking to the school. Perhaps a co-worker tipped off someone who had a beef with Jason?

Nonetheless, I think he was attacked by a neighbour. One thing I keep reading about Jason is what an altruistic young man he was, always willing to lend a helping hand. Someone took advantage of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter