NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the murders where the victim was put in a sewer. Just a possibility, not necessarily a likely one, imo. speculation.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/anguish-after-boys-body-found-in-drain-1815265
Durban - Three suspects have been arrested for the murder of a 9-year-old Phoenix boy after a four-day search ended in the tragic discovery of his body in a stormwater drain.

Shahiel Sewpujun was kidnapped while on his way to school in Clayfield, Phoenix, on Thursday morning.

https://krazykillers.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/a-tale-of-two-boys/
In September 1998, Detectives Elton and Brandon visited the family to tell them that about a grisly find. A sewer had been blocked at Hibiscus Drive and Gardenia Avenue by small skeletal remains.

[h=1]Decomposing body of teen found riddled with bullets in a Detroit sewer two months after he was reported missing[/h]
  • O'Sean Lockett, 19, was last seen alive near a gas station in Detroit July 6
  • A work crew came upon Lockett's decomposed body inside a waterlogged manhole Saturday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dled-bullets-Detroit-sewer.html#ixzz4digEyuLs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[url]http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/chelmsley-wood-killer-who-dumped-230024

[/URL]Last week we reported that Mark Masefield had dramatically confessed to killing teenager Antony Pryke in Chelmsley Wood, Birmingham a quarter of a century after he committed the crime.

Cops had probed 17-year-old Anthony’s death ever since his body was found stuffed down a drainage manhole near his home.

Hello, John.

You make a good point and it's one I've raised before. I said that if Jason had been abducted, it must not have been long before he started his walk, because obviously the longer the walk the more chance of witnesses seeing him. And yet the last confirmed sighting was when he was taking in the trash. That means he might have been intercepted on his own doorstep, like you say, or not long after he headed out.

Hello ekardh, i think similarly too. To me it seems like it had to be a familiar face like a neighbour or someone he had at least seen before rather than a completely random sexual predator passing through the area and pulling up to his house the minute they spotted him. Because if he was outside or nearby to his house and had a stranger harassing him to come for a ride he'd just go back inside his house and tell his brother or call for help wouldn't he? Unless they jumped out and threatened him with a weapon to get in the car or something but i dunno that seems a little far-fetched to me, plus the person doing it in broad daylight and making a scene like that would run the risk of being seen by neighbours or a homeowners personal cctv etc

While i lean towards it being a neighbour saying "jump in i'll run you over to the school it's no bother" or something like that i think to myself that most people have at least a small idea of who lives in the neighbouring houses and next door and stuff even if you don't interact with neighbours if you've lived in an area for any significant amount of time you have a basic idea of who comes and goes from the houses a few doors away. You'd think they would know if there was anyone who stood out as particularly 'odd' or strange living so near to them

It really does seem odd though too that he completely disappeared on the one day his schedule was different from normal. If people weren't so certain his coworkers had nothing whatsoever to do with it you'd definitely think it was a set up.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/omaha/1850255-jason-jolkowski.html

This is a link to a fairly decent discussion of this case on an Omaha local forum. Some interesting stuff re mysterious happenings in the area of his disappearance.

One interesting idea was presented. He vanished apparently on trash pickup day. Someone might have lured him into a house under the pretext of needing help with their trash.

One interesting idea was presented. He vanished apparently on trash pickup day. Someone might have lured him into a house under the pretext of needing help with their trash.

I actually floated this theory waaaaay back. I could imagine an older gentleman asking Jason to help him take in the trash, then luring him behind closed doors to murder him.

The problem with this type of scenario, though (and as we know, all the scenarios have some problem, so I'm not trying to shut down this one hypothesis) is that such an MO or profile of a predator is—only slightly exaggerating here—completely unheard-of in the history of modern criminal behavior. Nothing's impossible, but we naturally prefer a solution that has at least a couple of familiar elements. With Jason's case in the back of my mind, I've often poked around looking for anything remotely similar, but I've never even seen a mention of a case involving all these factors at the same time:

* A sexual predator who targets adult male victims
* An adult male victim who has no high-risk behaviors
* The assailant uses a sudden blitz type of method to capture the victim. It would have to be a sudden attack at some point (on the attacked-by-a-predator theory) because Jason was in a hurry. Even if he initially approached his attacker willingly (helped him with trash cans, accepted a ride, whatever) he would be expecting to continue on to the high school promptly. So he wouldn't have lingered and given the person an opportunity to, say, slip a drug into his cocktail.

As others have mentioned, adult male predators who target adult male victims, though extremely rare, are out there, as a couple prominent cases have shown. But these predators have regularly used completely different methods to capture/subdue the victim. They engage in some form of "grooming," or they at least establish a pretense or a ruse ahead of time (as Gacey made appointments for his victims to come over and do housework and so on). Dahmer met his victims out at bars and there was usually some "foreplay" (using that term loosely) before he actually attacked them.

Wondering if someone was grooming Jason unbeknownst to everyone?
Holding out for the possibility that Jason may have voluntarily, if impulsively, walked away.
speculation.imo.

This is one case I would really like to see solved. It's been so long. I feel like he was taken by some sketchy neighbor(s) if the story is true about him never making it to the school. I know he was tall and all but they said he was shy & might have seemed younger or more vulnerable. They may have lured or forced him into a house or even a car. I don't know about that other missing guy case from nearby. If it's real I would guess that whoever was taking young men was part of some ring..and probably didn't stay there(in the neighborhood) for long. As always with cases like this there is always a chance he is alive somewhere. I hope his family has answers one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one case I would really like to see solved. It's been so long. I feel like he was taken by some sketchy neighbor(s) if the story is true about him never making it to the school. I know he was tall and all but they said he was shy & might have seemed younger or more vulnerable. They may have lured or forced him into a house or even a car. I don't know about that other missing guy case from nearby. If it's real I would guess that whoever was taking young men was part of some ring..and probably didn't stay there(in the neighborhood) for long. As always with cases like this there is always a chance he is alive somewhere. I hope his family has answers one day.

Maybe Sam S and Jason were acquainted with each other?
speculation,imo.

Maybe Sam S and Jason were acquainted with each other?
speculation,imo.

Maybe they were. I would imagine living only a block away and being so similar. It would be interesting to know who reported Sam S missing. Like if it was just a casual friend, which would explain why there is little to no information on him.

Maybe they were. I would imagine living only a block away and being so similar. It would be interesting to know who reported Sam S missing. Like if it was just a casual friend, which would explain why there is little to no information on him.

The coincidence of Sam S. living so close and also disappearing is tantalizing, but it's easy to make too much of it, IMO. As everyone notices, there's practically no trace information about him, either before or after his disappearance. From following Jason's story, I've gathered (through little bits and pieces of info) that the address Sam disappeared from was not really a long-term permanent residence for him anyway. In other words, his situation in life was such that his place of residence tended to change rather often. I think that explains why there's not so much information about his case. Unlike Jason, there wasn't just one single residence where Sam S. would have to be, given that his situation was somewhat non-permanent. I really don't know any details about why his situation was like it was, but one can easily imagine—maybe he was estranged from his parents and sought out distant relatives he could stay with, or whatever.

Anyway, the point is that there are too many possible explanation for Sam S.'s disappearance, whereas there are too few (well, none) explanations for Jason's, so I hesitate to try to match them up and make some kind of pattern or whatever.

I think the luring him into a car as in offering him a ride is very plausible. If so would have been someone who had befriended Jason, someone with an ulterior and nefarious motive.

I don't see it being very likely that Jason and/or Sam (?) were lured into some kind of sex abuse ring. Again, I know nothing is impossible, but I feel like those kind of markets would be more for young boys and not grown men. Younger victims would be easier to manipulate and abuse, and same for women. Also, unless Jason was kept in a basement for the rest of his life (or still is?) I feel like there would have been at least one sighting of him, whether true or a look-a-like. The fact that there has been ZERO sightings of him lead me to believe that whatever happened that day very likely ended in murder and a body dump. I'd much sooner believe a one time incident rather than being lured into some freaky sex abuse ring.
And this is only if a sex offender is the cause of the disappearance. Not to deter from that theory, as it is still the most likely, I'm still not totally willing to rule out a Fazoli's conspiracy. They were a prominent part of his day as well. They knew he was sans car and he'd be on foot. And for anyone who's gonna say "why would someone wanna take out the pizza boy" or whatever, I mean we really don't know what happened behind closed doors and Fazoil's. Could have been some weird stuff that Jason may/may not have known about but they didn't want to risk it getting out. It's really frustrating that nobody at Fazoli's has ever been named so not much more to look into for that theory.

So before Jason went missing apparently the radio station that he worked for as a DJ was in lots of debt and they were looking to sell it off. There were religious broadcasters that wanted the station donated,and one of the bidders was looking to include another station as part of the deal. However they then decided not to sell it in 2001 after not getting any substantial bids. Could that have anything to do with his disappearance? I doubt it but might as well toss it out there into the thread...

So before Jason went missing apparently the radio station that he worked for as a DJ was in lots of debt and they were looking to sell it off. There were religious broadcasters that wanted the station donated,and one of the bidders was looking to include another station as part of the deal. However they then decided not to sell it in 2001 after not getting any substantial bids. Could that have anything to do with his disappearance? I doubt it but might as well toss it out there into the thread...
That's really interesting. Where did you find this info? Wasn't he working for a college station at an Iowa community college? Hard to see how they managed to get so much in debt without the college stepping in.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?5044-NE-Jason-Jolkowski-19-Omaha-13-June-2001-1&p=215594#post215594

Kelly

user-offline.png
Founder, Project Jason

Join DateJan 2004Posts1,749

I understand that it was Jason's idea to be picked up at the school as the driver knew right where that was rather than to find our house. Also, the employer had been calling people in on short notice, so that was not unusual either. All of the employees were questioned multiple times by the police and by a private detective.

Not to deter from that theory, as it is still the most likely, I'm still not totally willing to rule out a Fazoli's conspiracy. They were a prominent part of his day as well. They knew he was sans car and he'd be on foot. And for anyone who's gonna say "why would someone wanna take out the pizza boy" or whatever, I mean we really don't know what happened behind closed doors and Fazoil's. Could have been some weird stuff that Jason may/may not have known about but they didn't want to risk it getting out. It's really frustrating that nobody at Fazoli's has ever been named so not much more to look into for that theory.

If a coworker of yours mysteriously disappeared on the way to work and you had only a peripheral role in the story, would you want to be publicly named?

I would hate to have some distant connection to a case and then have dozens or hundreds of people online looking up information about me for years or decades to come. Or even worse, trying to contact me.

The manager and the girl who went to pick him up and everyone else at Fazoli's are innocent until proven guilty. We cannot make up motives and accusations just because there's nothing else to go on.

That's really interesting. Where did you find this info? Wasn't he working for a college station at an Iowa community college? Hard to see how they managed to get so much in debt without the college stepping in.

I read it while i was out on my way to the gym then i lost the page. Will try to find the link again and put it up. Yes it was a community college station.

Assuming the radio station is not the same as this one?

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/news...cle_4b432cfe-ee56-5232-a2a2-40f42139b226.html
  • By PHIL ROONEY
  • Jul 27, 2006
Jolkowski disappeared on June 13, 2001. He was last seen walking to Benson High School in Omaha to meet a coworker for a ride to work. Then 19, Jolkowski was a student at IWCC and a disc jockey at 89.7 The River, the college's radio station.
"We need more names, more leads, more photographs, more eyes in the field," Heineman said. "There are eyes and ears in the field. The patrol can't do this alone."
rbbm

Could there have been a case of mistaken identity?
imo, speculation

http://www.nonpareilonline.com/news...cle_5c071b14-8eb2-53d9-a9e7-243a79dba37e.html
[h=1]River DJ assaulted[/h]
  • Jul 29, 2003

A 22-year-old disc jockey at 89.7 "The River" was assaulted at the radio station Monday night.

Jason Niemeier of Omaha reported to police an unknown suspect entered his booth, confronted him and punched him in the back.

Niemeier refused medical treatment. Police records show no description of the suspect

According to this post entitled "Did you get the missing DJ email??" Jason worked at The River station. http://www.wvbroadcasting.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13152

Here are 2 articles that go into the debt problems of the station at the time. http://current.org/wp-content/uploads/archive-site/in/in022kiwr.html

http://current.org/wp-content/uploads/archive-site/in/in0101kiwr.html

I doubt this had anything to do with him going missing but my thinking regarding that theory would be maybe he was involved in getting a petition going to keep the station local or out of a certain persons hands etc and someone took exception to that and gave him hassle for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95