GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
News Conference at 9:00 am AND 3:00 pm Today!

Can anyone do the math on what time the presser would be for all the "other" time zones?

I am horrible at trying to figure that out...:crazy:

Here in Florida, Collier County

You have to drive through a gate ,
stop at Guard house,
Camera on Guard house snaps picture of you and your car,
you have to drive around a big loop,
stop for 2 seconds child is to be in back seat,
teacher opens back door kid gets out goes through school gate,
picture snapped of child
then child goes to area with picnic table and sits with their class,
at 8:00 am teacher takes role call at picnic table
and gives report to office,

any child that is not there, their parents are called ASAP.

If your child comes late same thing only you have to park your car and Security Guard walks you and your child to office and child to class and you have to go to your car ASAP.

ETA: if you come late with your Child, you have to give the Guard house your DL and you get it back when you leave.

Good morning CN,
I loved the system my youngest sons elemenatary school had. Almost like the one you describe and we were in FL (Charlotte County). We had to have out driver license out and ready. The adult moniter would literally open our car door and hand off my son to another adult to physically walk into the building. It actually made the line run very smooth. Now here we are back in MI and in a small school simular to Kerra's and it's just a mess. Maybe one adult walking around. But I know if there was a child walking alone or sitting alone at the pizza place right next door, all of us parents would be right there w/ that child trying to find out why she was alone and not at school.
I have a hard time thinking Kerra was just sitting alone at Subway at the opening bell of school. Too many parents that IMO would wonder what she was doing alone. IMO.

I hope kerra is found safe and sound.

Can anyone do the math on what time the presser would be for all the "other" time zones?

I am horrible at trying to figure that out...:crazy:

They are 2 hrs behind us in FL, Mountain Time Zone.

6:08 there

stop at Guard house,
picture snapped of child

If your child comes late same thing only you have to park your car and Security Guard walks you and your child to office and child to class and you have to go to your car ASAP.

ETA: if you come late with your Child, you have to give the Guard house your DL and you get it back when you leave.

Holy Crap! That is more security than the Pentagon. Then again, Florida seems to be the land of child predators, so I would be more than pleased to go thru that security for my child.

Holy Crap! That is more security than the Pentagon. Then again, Florida seems to be the land of child predators, so I would be more than pleased to go thru that security for my child.

I think there might be so much security because there are a lot of people with A LOT of money in this county that donate money to the schools for this service,

Also to add.... To get your child out of school is like breaking into Fort Knox... LOL

Even if they have a Dr. Appointment you have to have a letter from the Doctor confirming the appointment and then they call them...

And if your child is sick one day and you do not call the school to tell them by 7:00 am you are fined $100.00 for it...

And when your child comes back from missing a day you have to bring them into the office and sign a release saying they were truly sick, and if they miss more than 3 days, with out a doctors excuse they send you to court...

ETA: AS Ron Cummings Knows( From Haleigh Cummings case), That 3 Tardies and you have to show up in court also...

Maybe she was dressed in shorts and tshirt because of the fitness test that day and she had extra clothes in her bag. Hoping for good news when I check in later. xo

stop at Guard house,
picture snapped of child

Seriously? Which school does this happen at?

snipped

Wow, from one extreme to the next. I was going to ask if this is a private school or is the whole district run this way?

Around here, from the time I went to elementary school all through my kids being in elementary school, kids are dropped off at the school and have to go straight to the playground (other than Kindergarten) until the bell rings. -35c - 40c, doesn't matter unless there is some extreme weather.

Maybe she was dressed in shorts and tshirt because of the fitness test that day and she had extra clothes in her bag. Hoping for good news when I check in later. xo

I wish, but the fitness test was on Tuesday... she went missing on Wednesday :(

snipped

Wow, from one extreme to the next. I was going to ask if this is a private school or is the whole district run this way.

Around here, from the time I went to public school all through my kids being in public school, kids are dropped off at the school and have to go straight to the playground (other than Kindergarten) until the bell rings. -35c - 40c, doesn't matter unless there is some extreme weather.

Let me make my post a Little more clear.. :hug:

Short of telling everyone on a open forum where my children go to school..

Not ALL schools in this county have this, the ones that get private donations from parents that have their children attend that school do.

However most still have a fairly good system of dropping off and picking up the children.
And most WILL NOT let anyone wonder around the school grounds.

Sorry if it sounded that way CN2, I wasn't asking which school...and I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to publicly post it.

Do we know if Kerra school had a routine for where the kids were suppose to go when they were dropped off at the curb?

Were they to go straight to their class room or to the playground?

A woman who answered the phone at the Nebraska State Patrol Scottsbluff office early Friday said Kerra had not been found. The woman said a briefing scheduled for 9 a.m. MDT in Scottsbluff will provide updated details on the search. The woman would not give her name.

Wednesday, Kerra was left at the west doors of Mitchell Elementary School by her stepfather Salvador Lopez, said Lt. Monica Bartling of the Nebraska State Patrol.

Video from security cameras at the school and neighboring businesses recorded no images of the girl.

“We know she did not enter the school,'' Bartling said.

Authorities also were not able to confirm a report that Kerra was seen at a nearby Subway restaurant.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110923/NEWS97/110929904

eta: article also talks about reward fund

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme