Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police investigate near home in connection with Lincoln woman's disappearancehttp://www.1011now.com/content/news/Lincoln-Police-searching-for-missing-woman--458296853.html

Hoping this leads to something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, we now know that the photo was sent to her friend Terra at 6:30 in the morning, according to the video at this link.
http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Lincoln-Police-searching-for-missing-woman--458296853.html
It's the second video at this link, where the reporter talks to her friends.

So from the video in the link you provided, the Snapchat was sent directly to the friend, so would be auto saved and not needing a screen shot.

I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't think she would leave her cat IMO . the video makes it sound like she went on the date at 6.30am. I wonder if that's right or just when the Snapchat was sent.

So from the video in the link you provided, the Snapchat was sent directly to the friend, so would be auto saved and not needing a screen shot.

I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't think she would leave her cat IMO . the video makes it sound like she went on the date at 6.30am. I wonder if that's right or just when the Snapchat was sent.

Just found the Snapchat actually says ready for my date.
https://missingadultskids.com/find-missing-sydney-loofe/

I hope she just ran off because the alternative is definitely worse. It's concerning that no financial stuff has been touched and her phone isn't on though.

I hope she just ran off because the alternative is definitely worse. It's concerning that no financial stuff has been touched and her phone isn't on though.

That's got me worried too. The location her phone was last used is quite far away too for a date.

I still don't understand the discrepancy in explanations about Snapchat.

The only feature I ever use with Snachat is the ability to send things directly to friends - privately, not to the public or part of a story. And my images absolutely are not retained in my Snapchat app - not photos I send, and not photos I save. One of my adult kids talked me into using that to communicate with her rather than just texting with multimedia for photo sharing specifically because they aren't retained and don't require any phone cleanup. My phone was always 'full' and she said, "Mom, the reason people like Snapchat is that it doesn't save anything on your phone like MMSs do so you don't have to go through and delete a bunch of dumb pictures people sent you just to be able to take more photos."

I absolutely have to take a screenshot to save something, and it alerts the sender if I do that.

The only feature I ever use with Snachat is the ability to send things directly to friends - privately, not to the public or part of a story. And my images absolutely are not retained in my Snapchat app - not photos I send, and not photos I save. One of my adult kids talked me into using that to communicate with her rather than just texting with multimedia for photo sharing specifically because they aren't retained and don't require any phone cleanup. My phone was always 'full' and she said, "Mom, the reason people like Snapchat is that it doesn't save anything on your phone like MMSs do so you don't have to go through and delete a bunch of dumb pictures people sent you just to be able to take more photos."

I absolutely have to take a screenshot to save something, and it alerts the sender if I do that.

Sometimes I can open a snap multiple times and sometimes I can't....

On a different theory, say the friend had already been contacted by others saying have you seen Sydney etc etc she goes to Snapchat, sees she has a Snapchat from her and decides it might be a good idea to screenshot it as it could be useful.

I wonder if there are any camera's around her apt or road near that apt that they could look at. At this point, we don't know who has her phone pinging in that town of Wilbur. She may not have even made the date, something could have happened at her apt. I wonder if she always allowed dates of people she never met to pick her up or if this is out of character for her. Her car is still at the Apt. IMO. Very concerned for this young woman.

You can choose to save your snaps to share other ways. My daughter does this all the time to be able to send cute selfie snaps to friends and family who do not use Snapchat.

You can choose to save your snaps to share other ways. My daughter does this all the time to be able to send cute selfie snaps to friends and family who do not use Snapchat.

Yeah... I know they are apt to save their own snapped images and videos. It's the incoming ones that I'm talking about - that would disappear once opened. What just seemed odd about this to me was that it's not remarkable enough for a friend to think they needed to save it under normal circumstances, so I wondered what prompted the friend to save it.

The family of a young missing Lincoln woman are putting boots to the ground as they actively search for her. 24-year-old Sydney Loofe has been missing for five days.

The family has placed a rotating ad on the billboard near I-80 and 72nd. The search for Sydney has quickly become a region-wide mission.

Sunday night the investigation continued where her phone's last GPS ping came from near a home in Wilbur.

In addition to the billboard they family is asking for people to share their social media posts. They're also accepting volunteers to help spread the word with posters. You can reach them by emailing findingsydneyloofe@gmail.com.

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Mi...rching-asking-for-publics-help-458971173.html

I don’t think this article has been posted yet:

“Friends said Loofe posted on SnapChat Wednesday that she had a second date with a woman she met online later that evening.

‘She texted me and told me about the date she had went on how, great it went and she was excited to go on another date with her again Wednesday night,’ said Terra Gehring, Loofe's Menards coworker and friend.

[...]

Police also checked Loofe's home Thursday and said no one was home.

Loofe's parents went to her place on Friday and said they didn’t see anything suspicious.

Lincoln police confirmed investigators have spoken to the woman Loofe was planning to meet but no other details.

[...]

Investigators said they got leads that Loofe may have been in Wilber, Neb. since her disappearance.

Loved ones said they have no idea why she would be there or what could have happened to her.” (BBM)

More at the link:
http://www.ketv.com/article/lincoln-woman-goes-missing-after-heading-to-date/13810800

5a133ad36b293.image.jpg

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_d2a59bd7-8bef-5ad0-8668-ec3c9959670b.html

@inmyhumbleopinion, thanks for sharing that article.
It does answer a few questions, and of course brings up more.
On the FB page for our Sydney, people are getting restless. As is so common, they want police to update, want more details, etc.
While we'd all love the same, those of us long-time sleuths know that there's a reason for the silence.
At least police seem to be quite active on this case and are doing real work on it, even if holding their cards close to the vest at this time.
It must be so hard for those that aren't familiar with the way these investigations normally roll out. I hope they find her soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper