Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there are any camera's around her apt or road near that apt that they could look at. At this point, we don't know who has her phone pinging in that town of Wilbur. She may not have even made the date, something could have happened at her apt. I wonder if she always allowed dates of people she never met to pick her up or if this is out of character for her. Her car is still at the Apt. IMO. Very concerned for this young woman.

I didn't realize her car was still at her apartment. Definitely a concern.

I assume police have gone over the apartment with a fine toothed comb?

Interesting that police have talked to the woman but aren't saying much else about her.

bumping. Please please come home. Please please be okay.

Maybe the date was so great, they ran off and eloped.

But really, probably not. Please be safe and let this have a good ending, please.

Bumping with another post-

Lincoln police confirmed investigators have spoken to the woman Loofe was planning to meet but no other details.

ETA- Statement says was planning to meet. Did they not meet?

http://www.ketv.com/article/lincoln-woman-goes-missing-after-heading-to-date/13810800

Also ETA - I missed the part I bbm

The Chief of Police said the last confirmed sighting of Loofe was in Wilber, Nebraska on Nov. 15, but did not give a location as to where she was seen.
http://www.1011now.com/content/news...rching-asking-for-publics-help-459042073.html

Bumping with another post-

ETA- Statement says was planning to meet. Did they not meet?

http://www.ketv.com/article/lincoln-woman-goes-missing-after-heading-to-date/13810800

Also ETA - I missed the part I bbm

The Chief of Police said the last confirmed sighting of Loofe was in Wilber, Nebraska on Nov. 15, but did not give a location as to where she was seen.
http://www.1011now.com/content/news...rching-asking-for-publics-help-459042073.html

The date was her second with a woman she met on the online dating app, Tinder,” Gehrig said.
Source: http://www.klkntv.com/story/36900498/friend-of-missing-woman-says-keep-spreading-the-word

Imho...it seems from wording that she may not have that date?

Lincoln woman goes missing before date

Loofe is 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 135 pounds and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

236 Shares
KETV Updated: 6:53 PM CST Nov 20, 2017
Maggie Cunningham
Digital Media Manager
Chinh Doan
Anchor/Reporter

SHOW TRANSCRIPT
LINCOLN, Neb. —
Lincoln police are asking for help in locating a woman who went missing Wednesday.

Family told KETV NewsWatch 7 Sydney Loofe, 24, was going on a date that night and she didn't show up to work the following day.

Advertisement
Loofe is 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 135 pounds and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing a white Columbia-brand jacket and a cream-colored shirt.
Loofe has several tattoos to help identify her.

KETV-TV
KETV-TV
KETV-TV
Family said Loofe has never run away or gone missing.

Friends said Loofe posted on SnapChat Wednesday that she had a second date with a woman she met online later that evening.

"She texted me and told me about the date she had went on how, great it went and she was excited to go on another date with her again Wednesday night," said Terra Gehring, Loofe's Menards coworker and friend.

Loofe's mother said her other daughter got messages from friends that she didn’t show up at work and that she wasn't responding to messages.

Friends went to Loofe's home and no one answered the door and her car was still in the front.

Police also checked Loofe's home Thursday and said no one was home.

Loofe's parents went to her place on Friday and said they didn’t see anything suspicious.

Lincoln police confirmed investigators have spoken to the woman Loofe was planning to meet but no other details.

"She wouldn't do this to her family," said Gehring. "She respects her parents a lot, loves her parents a lot."

Investigators said they got leads that Loofe may have been in Wilber, Neb. since her disappearance.

Loved ones said they have no idea why she would be there or what could have happened to her.

"It's also very strange that her phone's off, disabled," said Gehring. "She was always on SnapChat, posting stories."

Loofe is from Neligh, Neb. and her friends all over are helping spread the word via fliers and social media.

"I hurt for her family, our whole community, they've come together so well through all this," said Annie Taylor, an Omaha resident who grew up with and graduated from Neligh-Oakdale High School with Loofe.

"Sydney is a beautiful, young, responsible girl and she has a lot of family that loves and cares about her and we just need her home because we miss her," said Brittney Flinn, of Clark, Neb., a family friend.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Lincoln Police at 402-441-6000 or Antelope County at 402-887-4148.

Yikes, this is worrisome. Shades of Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka...what if the first date was to gain Sydney’s trust but really the woman is working with a man and they did something to her the night of the second date?

I know they have pinged her phone location, but I wonder if they have checked the location via Snapchat? Snapchat has a new option that when enabled allows you to see where your friends are at any time. Kind of like Find My iPhone.

Earlier post says LE says they spoke to the woman she was 'planning to meet.' If so, would assume they are checking or have checked out her story. I was thinking the same thing though... It also says she was 'sighted' in Wilber but I thought that it was just her phone pinging there. I am hoping many more details are helping them find her.

I hate to say it but it reminds me of a Lincoln disappearance in 1990s, the Candy Harms disappearance. Car found. Just gone, no indication of how. That case had horrible ending and suspects found only because one confessed after arrest for a different crime. Obviously not the same guys but there are bad people who do stuff like this.

If you check out the Facebook page apparently the family was told by law enforcement they had to take down the name of the woman she went on a date with.....

To me that says they don't believe she's involved at all but who knows?

Does anyone have any knowledge on Tinder? I’m past that and have never used it.
I am aware it’s connected to your facebook, right?
So does anyone know how the messages are exchanged? Is it through the Tinder app? Or Facebook? Or do people just usually swap numbers?

I’m wondering about the snapmap too. So if she is not on ghost mode it will show her last location she used snapchat, but I don’t know how long this would stay after her phone being off.

If the family & Police know the name of who she was on the date with, I am hoping they are tracking her down and getting any information.

I think if the date comes forward with more information that would be able to clear up if she went on the date and where?

Also with her car being left. So she was either picked up? Or did she get an Uber?
Does Uber keep track of pick ups and drop offs?

So many questions.

If you check out the Facebook page apparently the family was told by law enforcement they had to take down the name of the woman she went on a date with.....

To me that says they don't believe she's involved at all but who knows?

I don’t think it means they think she’s not involved at all. I think it’s because it’s still an active investigation and this person could hold a lot of answers. I really hope they have spoken to her.

Does anyone have any knowledge on Tinder? I’m past that and have never used it.
I am aware it’s connected to your facebook, right?
So does anyone know how the messages are exchanged? Is it through the Tinder app? Or Facebook? Or do people just usually swap numbers?

I’m wondering about the snapmap too. So if she is not on ghost mode it will show her last location she used snapchat, but I don’t know how long this would stay after her phone being off.

If the family & Police know the name of who she was on the date with, I am hoping they are tracking her down and getting any information.

I think if the date comes forward with more information that would be able to clear up if she went on the date and where?

Also with her car being left. So she was either picked up? Or did she get an Uber?
Does Uber keep track of pick ups and drop offs?

So many questions.

Uber from where she lived to where her phone last pinged could be as much as $150 fare. She has her own place to live and car, a pet, loves to smoke weed (which isn't likely cheap) based on her Twitters, and has a job that pays roughly $18,000 a year. I can't see her putting out over a hundred dollars+ for Uber when she has her own vehicle.

Uber from where she lived to where her phone last pinged could be as much as $150 fare. She has her own place to live and car, a pet, loves to smoke weed (which isn't likely cheap) based on her Twitters, and has a job that pays roughly $18,000 a year. I can't see her putting out over a hundred dollars+ for Uber when she has her own vehicle.

Unless she planned to be under the influence at some point on the date and didn't want to drive??

Just thinking aloud.

jmo

Maybe she was impaired from smoking weed and didn't want to drive her car. Maybe the person(s) she went to see in Wilbur offered to pay for her Uber/taxi ride. Just a scenario that could be possible imo.

Regarding the screenshot of the Snapchat... My daughter is 21 and often sends snaps of herself to multiple people, including me. I often take a screenshot so I can show her picture to my parents, her little brother, my husband etc. Could her mom have been the person who screenshotted it?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Unless she planned to be under the influence at some point on the date and didn't want to drive??

Just thinking aloud.

jmo

I think the same. If she was planing to drink alcohol or smoke then maybe she wouldn’t drive.

But I do think that seems like an awful lot for an Uber and doubt she would pay that.

So I think maybe more picked up? Or bus? Train?

I think the same. If she was planing to drink alcohol or smoke then maybe she wouldn’t drive.

But I do think that seems like an awful lot for an Uber and doubt she would pay that.

So I think maybe more picked up? Or bus? Train?

Or she took an Uber, but then things got weird and she ended up somewhere she had no intention of going.

I'm not convinced she took an uber - wouldn't there be evidence with Uber if she did?

I'm thinking someone came to her place and got her.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member