Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but if a murder charge against him were imminent in the very near future, it does not make sense to me that they would move him to a federal facility.

I would think that a murder charge would outweigh federal transporting of stolen property charges, in terms of the severity of the kind of crime, but I am not an attorney. Does anyone know the answer to this?
Unfortunately, unless the federal government steps aside the federal actions have precedence over state actions. He will just have to be moved again for his trial when or if he is charged with murder in Nebraska.

In my opinion, I believe he ratted out Bailey and sung like a canary about what she did. I still believe it was Bailey that did the murder alone.

New here, but I just had a thought and I hope it's ok to post. Is it possible Trail was a child at the time the Rulo cult was operating and actually lived on the ranch? Could be witness protection/name change or prison release. It is odd to find no records of his existence before 1996. Him mentioning the Rulo cult was quite odd to me.
JMO

:wagon:

Good point, thanks for posting!

Trail said last month that he had given three statements to the FBI in connection with the Loofe case. He said “having information about a case doesn’t necessarily mean you’re guilty.”

Trail said he also expects charges to be filed against his girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, though he insisted that she was not involved in Loofe’s death.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/man...cle_e043923c-f173-11e7-918c-aba21fa70fbc.html

JMO, but if a murder charge against him were imminent in the very near future, it does not make sense to me that they would move him to a federal facility.

I would think that a murder charge would outweigh federal transporting of stolen property charges, in terms of the severity of the kind of crime, but I am not an attorney. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Since he hasn't actually been charged for murder, I'm assuming they are handling his confinement based on the charges he is facing at the moment - not for charges he potentially faces, ykwim?

jmo

I have this for them:

Monday, February 12th:
*Trial set to begin - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017/found Dec. 4, 2017) - Aubrey C. Trail (51) & Bailey M. Boswell (23) POIs in Sydney's case - arrested/charged with transportation of stolen goods, securities, moneys, state tax stamps or articles used in aiding and abetting these types of crimes across State lines (Federal Charge); Boswell appeared in court on 12/7 & Trail on 12/8; flight risks will remain in Federal custody.
Both Boswell’s court-appointed attorney, Jessica Milburn, and Reiman, Trail’s attorney, entered not guilty pleas on behalf of their clients to the theft charge. If convicted, she/he could face a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. A joint, three-day trial for Boswell and Trail was scheduled to start Feb. 12, but Reiman(AT's atty) said he expected new charges to supersede the theft case.

wondering if they will transfer him back to Nebraska, or ?? :dunno:

I'm beginning to think the feds are going to handle the murder charges and that is why AT has been transferred to Leavenworth. The feds take over murder cases when the murder is committed in concert with a federal crime.

If that's the case, we can take our pick on which other crime was committed that led to SL's death. My guess is kidnapping.

JMO

I'm beginning to think the feds are going to handle the murder charges and that is why AT has been transferred to Leavenworth. The feds take over murder cases when the murder is committed in concert with a federal crime.

If that's the case, we can take our pick on which other crime was committed that led to SL's death. My guess is kidnapping.

JMO

I have always thought the same in regards to higher ranking courts taking the lead. From a Dec 14th article from KMTV, " he (AT's attny) anticipates charges relating to the Sydney Loofe investigation to take precedence over a federal trial." There is also this fb video (linked below) from a KMTV 3 reporter who was present at court on Dec 14th and in the video about 1 min 40 seconds in she starts recounting AT's attny's statements. Apparently, he said he would likely not provide representation to AT if and when charges are filed relating to SL and that a new attny could be appointed. However, it is also mentioned in the video, that those charges related to SL would be state and handled by Saline County, where BB is still at currently. But as there has been no information released at all as to the details of how and where SL's death actually took place, we only know where she was found. I imagine many things could change. So many unknowns.

I do find it interesting that these tidbits of info were released yesterday ; the completed autopsy and the transfer of AT to KS. And we are still in that "few week" time frame. It is common that federal custody inmates travel around but somehow I don't think it really applies to AT; something bigger may be in the works, jmo. I also would not be surprised if some of the evidence could turn SL's death into a Federal charge. Just as an example, the gun charge that is just sort of sitting there, could go either Federal or State. And also as you mentioned, kidnapping.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...e-lawyer-anticipates-charges-to-be-filed-soon

https://www.facebook.com/3NewsNow/videos/10156036121744250/ (the sound is shoddy so turn your volume up for this one)

I have always thought the same in regards to higher ranking courts taking the lead. From a Dec 14th article from KMTV, " he (AT's attny) anticipates charges relating to the Sydney Loofe investigation to take precedence over a federal trial." There is also this fb video (linked below) from a KMTV 3 reporter who was present at court on Dec 14th and in the video about 1 min 40 seconds in she starts recounting AT's attny's statements. Apparently, he said he would likely not provide representation to AT if and when charges are filed relating to SL and that a new attny could be appointed. However, it is also mentioned in the video, that those charges related to SL would be state and handled by Saline County, where BB is still at currently. But as there has been no information released at all as to the details of how and where SL's death actually took place, we only know where she was found. I imagine many things could change. So many unknowns.

I do find it interesting that these tidbits of info were released yesterday ; the completed autopsy and the transfer of AT to KS. And we are still in that "few week" time frame. It is common that federal custody inmates travel around but somehow I don't think it really applies to AT; something bigger may be in the works, jmo. I also would not be surprised if some of the evidence could turn SL's death into a Federal charge. Just as an example, the gun charge that is just sort of sitting there, could go either Federal or State. And also as you mentioned, kidnapping.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...e-lawyer-anticipates-charges-to-be-filed-soon

https://www.facebook.com/3NewsNow/videos/10156036121744250/ (the sound is shoddy so turn your volume up for this one)

This is a very perplexing case, especially with the silence from LE. All of your points are very interesting. I'm particularly curious about why AT was moved to Leavenworth and BB remains in Saline County! Hopefully, that will be explained soon.

As you said, we are still within the "few weeks" time-frame and I have a feeling things are about to get even more interesting and bizarre.

Local papers touting LPD's statistic of no homicides in Lincoln in 2017. http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...124-0955-503a-948f-58cb8ed5cec2.html#comments

There is this line about SL: A multi-agency investigation into the suspicious death of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe appears not to be a Lincoln homicide, since she was last seen at a Wilber home. But that investigation continues, the chief said Wednesday.

Today's paper had an article about the Lancaster County Attorney's office hiring an investigator to work on a 'big case' but not identifying it. Article speculates it's for SL. http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_16905fd6-6ea6-551e-aa08-bbe85a7130dc.html

Local papers touting LPD's statistic of no homicides in Lincoln in 2017. http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...124-0955-503a-948f-58cb8ed5cec2.html#comments

There is this line about SL: A multi-agency investigation into the suspicious death of 24-year-old Sydney Loofe appears not to be a Lincoln homicide, since she was last seen at a Wilber home. But that investigation continues, the chief said Wednesday.

Today's paper had an article about the Lancaster County Attorney's office hiring an investigator to work on a 'big case' but not identifying it. Article speculates it's for SL. http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_16905fd6-6ea6-551e-aa08-bbe85a7130dc.html

Hope they hire the best for Sydney.

I was just coming here to post this. Can I apply?!? Does Websleuths count as experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just coming here to post this. Can I apply?!? Does Websleuths count as experience?

Well, you would come to the job with a big research team (that works for free!).

Well, you would come to the job with a big research team (that works for free!).

Yes! Can I use you all as references? They’ll have to work with me though when I tell them they’re anonymous screen names!

I am new to this thread - someone linked to the case in another thread earlier this week and I have been reading every post since. I am currently at posts from Dec 15, and I usually finish reading a thread prior to commenting.

But I wanted to say why this case has me riveted enough to go back and read every single post from beginning to end.

Just the story alone of a young woman being excited about a second date that ended up this way is sad enough. But it's even more heartbreaking to me given that only 4% of our population identifies as LGBT, so the pool of potential mates is much slimmer. I know how difficult it is to find someone you even want to see a second time and how excited some of my single hetero friends get when a date has actually gone very well. It just makes it even more sad to me that Sydney thought she had met someone worthwhile, but who was completely playing her. Getting played is hard enough, but this is just terrifying.

Being from a very small Midwest town myself, and finding out what Bailey's life was like in high school and how she turned into this just also has me completely shocked. I keep thinking about what I would feel if someone like her from my town had turned out to be a killer.

Yesterday I messaged a single friend because of this case. I summed it up and asked her to consider sending me information on her dates before going out with them and to check in with me the next day just as a safety measure. As it is, she has too often encountered creeps even though she runs a background check on every one because she has kids.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member