NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To me, no offense occurred just means that there was nothing to arrest/charge anyone for. They likely need to put in the code for whatever offense the call was related to. It doesn't mean that anyone changed or retracted their story. "We were having a fight but my partner left to cool off" means no one is presently committing a crime and thus no one gets arrested.
Right, but then what was the purpose of the 911 call? If no one assaulted each other, no one was threatening self harm---why call the cops?

True, but it doesn't seem like LE bothered to look for him. The report said 'unfounded' and there was no further action required.
I said this already upthread, so I’m sorry to be redundant – but as someone who has had LE called on them for suspicion of self harm, a lot of cops are not going to get involved with an adult. Especially if they have no history of mental illness. Some cops seem to be semi-trained in behavioral health emergencies, and others seem to be totally clueless. I’ve been in a real emergency and had LEO be completely insensitive/not take me seriously and make the situation even worse; I’ve been only passively suicidal and had LEO push to get me admitted to a psych ward. It just depends. Just sharing because I don’t think LE not taking action necessarily means that the call wasn’t made because of suspicions that Tyler would hurt himself.

I also wanted to say that I feel like it may seem that I’m really pushing for suicide to be the case here - I’m not, I just happen to have a lot of firsthand experience with it and wanted to share my insights. I just want Tyler to be found and for answers to be brought to his family. I can’t imagine what his kids are going through right now.

Post #304 shows the police information which states the call was made at 7:47 pm (listed as 1947, military time).

The video has widely been reported as being timestamped at 7:41 pm.

I am not sure how belief plays into this. Can you explain what you think is incorrect?
IMO the time of 19:47 is when the incident was reported by the police officer by entering it into the computerized system. If you have any familiarity with computer logs, you will know that.

My conclusion is in post #303.

When something makes no sense, maybe it's time to re-examine your data, but maybe not.

The report got logged as "13000 Domestic Disturbance" which apparently is when an argument, usually between spouses, significant others, or family, becomes more than shouting at one another, and verbal abuse or psychological abuse occurs.

Would it have been logged under that term if it was a suicide threat or something else - unless there is no code for adult self harm?

Maybe TG was threatening his spouse and he was scared, told him he was calling LE and TG ran off as to not get in trouble. The times of the security camera and LE could be off 5 minutes or more. We just know they were in close proximity of each other.

I've been watching from the sidelines and still feel he may have been running to a place of solace, so he could be still for a minute and quiten his nerves. He had an important race the next morning. He should still be in the spot of refuge on the back of their property.

I don't see any indications that the victim was wanted for nefarious deeds as his reason for running before the police arrived. This event appears to be spontaneous and organic and as a direct result of the disagreement with his partner.

The victim went to work, then went shopping at Costco. He was home when an argument broke out between him and his partner. I often spend too much money at Costco. Maybe their fight was about money.

It's odd behavior for someone to run from their home at night while carrying their cell phone then make their cell phone go dark asap.

JMHOO

a possible explanation for this could be:
tyler runs

A scenario that makes sense to me is that TG could’ve had some problems going on prior to the night he disappeared, his husband called LE after a fight because he was worried about TG’s mental state, TG had been having thoughts of suicide . . .
If the husband was actively worried about his mental state, what did he do to find Tyler before he reported him missing?

Did he drive searching? Who was notified? What actions were taken if there was concern of self-harm?

I've been watching from the sidelines and still feel he may have been running to a place of solace, so he could be still for a minute and quiten his nerves. He had an important race the next morning. He should still be in the spot of refuge on the back of their property.
Actually the race was Sunday morning. He did have some sort of speaking engagement on Saturday morning scheduled.

If the husband was actively worried about his mental state, what did he do to find Tyler before he reported him missing?

Did he drive searching? Who was notified? What actions were taken if there was concern of self-harm?
I wouldn’t find it especially suspicious if he didn’t go out looking for him. They have two children. If the argument was enough that the husband called the police I imagine that he might not want to leave the children after such a destabilizing event. I can see deciding to stay home and keep the children in a calm and supportive environment over chasing down his husband. It’s a rock and a hard place. I also don’t blame the husband one bit for getting an attorney, especially after he let let the police search the home without a warrant and was nevertheless characterized as “not cooperating.” This seems like it will have a sad ending, especially sad as from Tyler’s Facebook page, the children appear to have been a little older and maybe already have some trauma. I don’t how the husband could have done anything better (or from the timing, have done anything to Tyler).

I'm still very troubled by the mere fact that the disturbance call was made at all. I will not speculate as to the nature of their relationship (we have no idea), but LE had not been called out to the house before, so this argument was obviously different. Some event happened to escalate the situation towards MV calling 911. A concern or threat of some sort, IMO. Either to the family or to TG himself. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. It was seemingly not anything criminal, however, since LE told TG in a presser that he was not in any legal trouble and still had his job at the NDOC.

Ok, just listened closely, here is the newest timeline from today:

5:38 p.m. Tyler arrives home from Costco.
7:35 p.m. Argument between MV and TG. They have his voice on tape so they know he was there.
7:40 p.m. MV calls 911. Tells Tyler he is calling 911. Tyler leaves through garage door. MV thought he was going for his car.
7:41 p.m. Image caught on security camera. Tylers phone shut off for good.
7:58 p.m. Deputies arrive. Speak to MV, look for Tyler, but can't find him. No evidence of a crime committed.

7:35 p.m. Argument between MV and TG. They have his voice on tape so they know he was there.
7:40 p.m. MV calls 911. Tells Tyler he is calling 911. Tyler leaves through garage door. MV thought he was going for his car.
7:58 p.m. Deputies arrive. Speak to MV, look for Tyler, but can't find him. No evidence of a crime committed.
Thanks for this summary, the video won't playback for me. So, I don't like how this looks in regards to TG's mindset when he left. He did not go for his car. There was a reason MV called 911 and TG didn't want to be there when LE arrived. :(

@Cedars You were correct about the 911 call time. The logged activities must have been something other than the actual call time.

Did the husband tape the argument or was it on the 911 call?

I’ve just caught up on this whole thread. Unfortunately, I come to the likely conclusion that Tyler has self harmed.

MOO of how the situation has played out - Tyler has panicked when the Husband phoned 911 (I think there’s likely severe threats of violence or something along those lines) - I think tyler has then fled the house in fear of LE - Tyler fears he may lose his job and lose his children and has gone into panic mode / self destruct mode

I hope I’m wrong but I see no other outcome I’m afraid.

Thanks for this summary, the video won't playback for me. So, I don't like how this looks in regards to TG's mindset when he left. He did not go for his car. There was a reason MV called 911 and TG didn't want to be there when LE arrived. :(

@Cedars You were correct about the 911 call time. The logged activities mustI have been something other than the actual call time.
I wonder what transpired in the home between 5:38pm and 7:35pm. Was there an ongoing disagreement during this time that escalated to the argument and it became confrontational @ 7:35pm which prompted the 911 call @ 7:40pm. If the argument didn't start until 7:35pm...it escalated quickly - and within 5 minutes MV called 911.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back