Need help with loading the original case here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do parents normally take out a life insurance policy for their children?

IF Hannah had a life insurance policy, will her parents be entitled to the money while the case remains unsolved?

IF Hannah had a life insurance policy, will her parents be entitled to the money while the case remains unsolved?

I did! Only because they can have it when they turn 18 and can decide what they want to do with it!

It is not an uncommon practice for parents to have a life insurance policy on their child or children. It is called being prepared if the unimaginable happens, and one has to bury a child. You buy it and hope you never have to use it. I bought one for my child when she was a toddler and cashed it in when she became an adult and gave her the money. Burial expenses for all ages are costly. Some high premium policies with a high yield can be bought when the child is small and turned into college money when the child becomes 18 years old. I think any insurance policy on Hannah would have been paid because she died. We know she was murdered, but I don't think the insurance company would have withheld payment because of the cause of death. I also think that if a policy was bought close in time to her death and the police have contacted the insurance carrier with the information that the police suspect the owner of the policy to be involved in her death, then the carrier might withhold payment.

Crime victim compensation programs across the United States offer crucial financial assistance to victims of violence.

In the State of Georgia, The Criminal Justice Coordinating Council administers the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program which helps victims and their families through the emotional and physical aftermath of a crime by easing the monetary impact placed upon them by providing financial benefits for expenses such as medical bills, loss of earnings, funeral expenses, mental health counseling, and crime scene clean-up.

The parent or guardian of a person killed or injured as a result of a crime are eligible if they did not provoke or consent to the events that lead up to the crime.

Apprehension or conviction of the offender is not required.

Categorical Caps (for covered expenses)

• Medical/Dental Expenses - up to $15,000
• Counseling Expenses - up to $3,000
• Funeral Expenses - up to $3,000
• Economic Support - up to $10,000
• Crime Scene Clean-Up - up to $1,500

The maximum program amount is $25,000 per victim.

http://cjcc.georgia.gov/victims-compensation
http://www.nacvcb.org/index.asp?bid=14

I can understand MOM not telling ppl her daughter broke her nose but she should have told LE! Hannahs dad should have told LE and suspected something was wrong again.
She probably should have never gone back to moms.

Hannah wrote and passed the written portion of the driver’s test so her dad taught her to drive when they lived together.

Around the time Hannah allegedly hit her mother in the face and broke her nose, she tweeted “Happy Mother’s Day to the most beautiful momma in the world”, but a blow to the face can cause a great deal of temporary damage and distress especially to a woman because it would interfere with her ability to work and see her friends. A broken nose makes you look and feel ugly because it causes your face to swell and turn black and blue and the bruises can’t completely be covered up with makeup.

Hannah lived with her father for two months after this incident which is the length of time it takes for a face to completely heal and return to normal. If the hit left a permanent lump on her face, it would make matters between Hannah and her mom worse. If the injury forced Hannah’s mother to stay home from work and kept her housebound for two months, it interfered with her work and social life and this could explain why her mother interfered in her daughter’s social life and wouldn’t permit her to drive and have a cell phone.

Hannah allegedly hit her mother in the face and broke her nose <modsnip>. Hannah&#8217;s father said &#8220;it looked like she got the crap beat out of her possibly by another girl because she had a lot of scratches on her face.&#8221;

<modsnip>

So, do fingernail scratches leave DNA evidence on Hannah&#8217;s face?

I dont think Hannah should have been living with MOM!

And for Hannah to say, after she broke her Moms nose, Happy mothers day to the most beautiful momma in the world seems sarcastic to me.

And like her mom if my child ever hit me and hard enuff to break my nose
It woud be a veryyyyyy long time till he or she was allowed back in my home and there would be alot of changes. I can totally understand mom not giving her a phone.
Heck if mom called the cops Hannah would have been charged with assault!

I wonder if Hannah attacked someone else? But lost this fight!
Might not be mom!

I do not think Mom was lying to protect herself as much as she was trying to protect her daughter. If this young lady could hit her MOM and break her nose what could happen with others?

Once I heard she broke her mothers nose my opinions changed on this case.
Mom was abused by her daughter and thats scarey and very sad!

I can understand MOM not telling ppl her daughter broke her nose but she should have told LE! Hannahs dad should have told LE and suspected something was wrong again.
She probably should have never gone back to moms.

I agree but LE read Hannah's tweets so they eventually found out.

I think the person who attacked Hannah punched her in the face and broke her nose and perhaps even her jaw and Hannah died because she could no longer breath and draw enough air into her lungs to keep her heart pumping.

This assault was violent so Hannah wasn't just scratched in the face, she was punched hard enough to break the bones in her face.

I do not think Mom was lying to protect herself as much as she was trying to protect her daughter. If this young lady could hit her MOM and break her nose what could happen with others?

Once I heard she broke her mothers nose my opinions changed on this case.
Mom was abused by her daughter and thats scarey and very sad!

Yes, Hannah's confession on May 24th (where she admits she broke her mother's nose) was certainly telling but did Hannah beat her mother to the point where she couldn't breath and her life was threatened or did she just strike her once in the nose and that was all?

I realize Hannah assaulted her mom on the 24th of May but did the mother hit Hannah before then and was this the only time Hannah hit her mom? We don't know the whole story. Hannah may have regretted what she did and she may have promised herself and her parents she would never do it again, we don't know.

Hannah said it was a big mistake and she wanted to go home so I doubt her mother was in any danger of being attacked again but <modsnip>. Her father said he wasn't aware that his daughter was in any danger so the mom fooled both of them for now, but will she get away with it forever?

Hannah was sitting at the picnic tables behind the complex when she was chased int<modsnip> Whoever did this knows they could spend the rest of their life behind bars if convicted.

I too think Hannah was better off living with her dad but Hannah was homesick and wanted to go live with her mom.

Mother's Day is May 13 and on May 24 Hannah's tweets said, “And yeah, I broke my mamma’s nose so not there for awhile. Got angry. It was the day after I told you I was upset. She wouldn’t leave me alone. *****ing at me. Then hah."

I think she hit her mom after Mother's Day.

Still, ya dont hit ppl! Esp those that you say you love!

Then Hah.

Hannah not feeling well and her stomach bothering here were signs of worry and stress, the stomach is usually the first thing that bothers you when problems arise, Her not wanting to ride the bus leads me to believe she was having issues with someone on the bus.
Was she sitting on that picnic table waiting for someone?
Maybe this was an arranged meet?
JMO

I don't think anyone has been named as a POI as of late.

Considering the proximity of where she was found to the apartment complex, it seems that someone would have had to have seen or heard something if she was so brutally attacked. JMO.

Has Mom been named a POI?If so,I missed that. If not, I really don't think she can discussed in a manner that points to her as a suspect? Confused.

What im saying its NOT her!
If its my post you are referring to!

I don't think anyone has been named as a POI as of late.

Considering the proximity of where she was found to the apartment complex, it seems that someone would have had to have seen or heard something if she was so brutally attacked. JMO.

Someone can knock you out with one hit my friend!
No screaming needed esp if you had no idea it was comming!

Someone can knock you out with one hit my friend!
No screaming needed esp if you had no idea it was comming!

You drive a very valid point. The only reason I would contest it is due to the scratches on her face, which are indicative of some sort of struggle, IMO. But if she didn't see it coming, the killer could have knocked her out and went to town.

You drive a very valid point. The only reason I would contest it is due to the scratches on her face, which are indicative of some sort of struggle, IMO. But if she didn't see it coming, the killer could have knocked her out and went to town.

Scratches can come from tree brances and sticks, rocks and stones what if she was knocked out and they drug her thru the woods.

We dont know they were fingernail scratches!

someone was very angry!

At the start of her show, NG said Hannah was both a junior and sophomore at high school. TMK, a junior is a first year student and a sophomore is a second year student.

Students transitioning from junior high to high school sometimes undergo an initiation by the older students but would they stalk a student at their home?

First year of High School = 9th Grade = Freshman
Second year of High School = 10th Grade = Sophomore
Third year of High School = 11th Grade = Junior
Fourth year of High School = 12th Grade = Senior

(at least everyplace I ever lived)

(snip)

I don't feel Hannah's mom was being unreasonable for taking away Hannah's cell phone. Not everyone views cell phones as security devices and Hannah's mom apparently had no reason to suspect her daughter was in any danger. We made it into adulthood 20+ years ago without a cell phone. Many parents still consider cell phones a privilege which children often abuse. Maybe Hannah had been using her cell to text and talk to friends while she should have been studying.
(snip)

It depends upon what she did. If I caught my 16 year old sending inappropriate messages or photos, the only REASONABLE recourse would be to take away her phone until she learns what it is for. As for our upbringing, we generally lived in homes with a landline, and were expected to check in when we got home, or before we went anywhere. So Hannah's mom was concerned about Hannah's behavior, and responded by taking away the ONLY means she had of checking up on her daughter. That doesn't even make sense to me.

IMO, Hannah had to have an apartment key or the dog would be confined for 12-13 hours a day.

I am reminded of the warning to take a second look at anyone who is disparaging the victim, and while Mr. Truelove speaks highly of his daughter, her mother seems to have nothing good to say about her daughter AT ALL.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back