Need help with loading the original case here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like everyone else, I'm pretty clueless as to what happened to Hannah. I do have some thoughts on the cell phone issue, though. As the mother of a teenage girl, I can definitely empathize with anyone who is facing parenting challenges- I struggle with my daughter too. One thing I will not do, however, is physically take her cell phone away from her as a form of punishment. There is only one reason for this: My daughter's father and I are divorced, and he doesn't have a phone at his house. We share joint custody of our daughter, and when he leaves her home alone, he takes his cell phone with him. The idea that my child has no way to contact anyone in case of emergency, unless she has her own phone with her, is scary enough to me that I won't physically take it from her.

That said, however, I am no pushover. I simply remove my daughter's social privileges where her phone is concerned as a disciplinary action. My cell phone provider- and all providers, I believe- have parental options that allow me to restrict what (if any) numbers she's allowed to call, what time of the day or night her phone is operational, and whether she can use any internet- such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. There have been times when literally, my daughter's cell phone is so severely restricted, she can only use it to call her father, 911 or me. No texting, surfing, or anything else.

I wonder if Hannah's mother thought of anything like this? Leaving your daughter with no way to contact you or the police in cases of emergency alarms me far more than the idea that her phone was taken. IMO there were other equally effective (but much safer) ways to discipline her child. Making a child less safe in order to discipline her is not appropriate.

Like everyone else, I'm pretty clueless as to what happened to Hannah. I do have some thoughts on the cell phone issue, though. As the mother of a teenage girl, I can definitely empathize with anyone who is facing parenting challenges- I struggle with my daughter too. One thing I will not do, however, is physically take her cell phone away from her as a form of punishment. There is only one reason for this: My daughter's father and I are divorced, and he doesn't have a phone at his house. We share joint custody of our daughter, and when he leaves her home alone, he takes his cell phone with him. The idea that my child has no way to contact anyone in case of emergency, unless she has her own phone with her, is scary enough to me that I won't physically take it from her.

That said, however, I am no pushover. I simply remove my daughter's social privileges where her phone is concerned as a disciplinary action. My cell phone provider- and all providers, I believe- have parental options that allow me to restrict what (if any) numbers she's allowed to call, what time of the day or night her phone is operational, and whether she can use any internet- such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. There have been times when literally, my daughter's cell phone is so severely restricted, she can only use it to call her father, 911 or me. No texting, surfing, or anything else.

I wonder if Hannah's mother thought of anything like this? Leaving your daughter with no way to contact you or the police in cases of emergency alarms me far more than the idea that her phone was taken. IMO there were other equally effective (but much safer) ways to discipline her child. Making a child less safe in order to discipline her is not appropriate.

Well there are plenty of children out there without Cell phones.
Im sure once Hannah was back on the right path she would have gotten her phone back..
I do not think a cell phone would have saved her.
I for one think taking a cell phone away from a child for breaking ones nose is justified.

Sadly this young lady is dead!
Something was going on with her!
fighting with her mom
afraid to ride the bus
feeling sick!

the feeling sick to me is a premonition.

i read where homicide detectives say sometimes when they find a diary of a murdered woman they wrote that they feel like they are getting sick or have the flu then they are murdered or when they were talking to family members they tell them they are not feeling well. and then bam dead..creepy!

I found this and thought it interesting!

According to her Twitter feed Hannah Truelove was talking about a creepy stalker just days before she was killed: “So scared right now :/,” she wrote on Aug. 18. And on Aug. 22, she wrote, “I need to move out of these dang apartments.” Gainsville police are trying to determine whether the messages were sent by the person who took her young life

http://bestprisonbooksmovies.com/2012/hannah-truelove-murder-mystery-photos/

She was afraid to ride the bus!
Had a stalker!

Maybe it wasnt someone on the bus but someone she came in contact with waiting for that bus?
Anyone know where her bus stop was and did she wait there alone?

we don't know who these tweets are about.Even though I doubt it but she could be talking about her mother,it is a possibility.
I do find it alarming that she took away her phone knowing Hannah has to sit outside to wait for her.I can not stand it when I can't contact my daughter,it scares me to death.

Well there are plenty of children out there without Cell phones.
Im sure once Hannah was back on the right path she would have gotten her phone back..
I do not think a cell phone would have saved her.
I for one think taking a cell phone away from a child for breaking ones nose is justified.

Sadly this young lady is dead!
Something was going on with her!
fighting with her mom
afraid to ride the bus
feeling sick!

the feeling sick to me is a premonition.

i read where homicide detectives say sometimes when they find a diary of a murdered woman they wrote that they feel like they are getting sick or have the flu then they are murdered or when they were talking to family members they tell them they are not feeling well. and then bam dead..creepy!

I'm ok with the idea of taking a phone for disciplinary purposes- and wouldn't find it odd or inappropriate if Hannah had any other options- such as a landline- in case of emergency. As it stands, her mother is the only person who had a phone, and she took that with her to work every day. What if an emergency had arisen (and perhaps it did, in this case)? How was Hannah supposed to sound the alarm if she was unable to get far enough away to use someone else's phone? I'm all about disciplining children who behave badly- and violence is inexcusable, regardless of the circumstance. IMO, however, any punishment that potentially compromises a child's safety is not appropriate. Why not take her laptop? I'd rather restrict her internet usage than remove her ability to call 911. This teen was home alone every single day for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Personally, I think it's possible Hannah was pregnant, which explains the sick tummy, the weight gain, the cryptic messages, etc. When she talks about being "so scared right now", I think she's a kid who got herself into serious trouble, and is terrified, having no idea how to get herself out of trouble. I don't think she's talking about a creepy stalker. Even when she refers to her "uglya** stalker", that could be her mom, lurking, trying to figure out what her child is up to- something no teen takes well to.

I'm ok with the idea of taking a phone for disciplinary purposes- and wouldn't find it odd or inappropriate if Hannah had any other options- such as a landline- in case of emergency. As it stands, her mother is the only person who had a phone, and she took that with her to work every day. What if an emergency had arisen (and perhaps it did, in this case)? How was Hannah supposed to sound the alarm if she was unable to get far enough away to use someone else's phone? I'm all about disciplining children who behave badly- and violence is inexcusable, regardless of the circumstance. IMO, however, any punishment that potentially compromises a child's safety is not appropriate. Why not take her laptop? I'd rather restrict her internet usage than remove her ability to call 911. This teen was home alone every single day for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Personally, I think it's possible Hannah was pregnant, which explains the sick tummy, the weight gain, the cryptic messages, etc. When she talks about being "so scared right now", I think she's a kid who got herself into serious trouble, and is terrified, having no idea how to get herself out of trouble. I don't think she's talking about a creepy stalker. Even when she refers to her "uglya** stalker", that could be her mom, lurking, trying to figure out what her child is up to- something no teen takes well to.

Well I do not see MOM as the bad guy here or as her stalker!

Look at all the missing girls that had cell phones with them when they vanished.
The phone did not help them and most times are not found. Nor are the girls!

One of those leads were from witnesses who said they saw Truelove on Thursday night around 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. in the parking lot near the woods where she was found. Police also said that they believe Truelove was killed where she was found and went into the woods willingly. Because of this, police are telling the public they shouldn’t be worried about a serial killer prowling the streets as they feel Truelove knew her killer

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2012/08/31/hannah-truelove-tweeted-stalker-days-murdered/#ixzz2DGDfFFuF

Well I do not see MOM as the bad guy here or as her stalker!

I don't think any of us have any clue as to who the "bad guy" or "stalker" was. I am, however, entitled to my opinion. I'm trying to look at all angles, just like everyone else on this forum.

Her mother doesn't have to be a bad person or a stalker for her teenage daughter to believe otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time in history a teen girls thinks her mom is evil and overbearing. My mom is a saint, but when I was Hannah's age, she was both a bad guy and a stalker in my young, immature mind. I was wrong, of course- she was simply a tough disciplinarian because she understood something I didn't at that age- that contrary to my own beliefs, I was not as ready for the world as I thought I was. It caused friction, which is common in many, many households. Hannah's mom might be a great mother, but perception is as important (or moreso) than reality, and Hannah's perception, IMO, was that her mother was a problem, for whatever reason- whether accurate or not.

Look at all the missing girls that had cell phones with them when they vanished.
The phone did not help them and most times are not found. Nor are the girls!

I think this is totally valid. I wonder, however, how many girls WOULD have gone missing had they not had their cell phones on them to call for help? No one should assume a phone is a fool-proof way to keep safe. It is merely a tool that can keep us safer. Nothing takes the place of safe behavior. Sometimes, as we all know, people can do all the "right" things, and still be victimized. It's all about lowering one's chances of ending up in a bad situation- by using a combination of tools.

I don't think any of us have any clue as to who the "bad guy" or "stalker" was. I am, however, entitled to my opinion. I'm trying to look at all angles, just like everyone else on this forum.

Her mother doesn't have to be a bad person or a stalker for her teenage daughter to believe otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time in history a teen girls thinks her mom is evil and overbearing. My mom is a saint, but when I was Hannah's age, she was both a bad guy and a stalker in my young, immature mind. I was wrong, of course- she was simply a tough disciplinarian because she understood something I didn't at that age- that contrary to my own beliefs, I was not as ready for the world as I thought I was. It caused friction, which is common in many, many households. Hannah's mom might be a great mother, but perception is as important (or moreso) than reality, and Hannah's perception, IMO, was that her mother was a problem, for whatever reason- whether accurate or not.

Teens do not like their parents!
This young lady was afraid to ride the school bus now it was either someone on the bus or someone that came around the bus stop. that was bothering her.

Had she said the wrong thing to someone?
got confrontational?
Did she break up with someone and move on to someone else.
I can see the old BF stalking her and spying on her and also getting angry enuff to harm her.
I just think its another teen that killed her.

I never said you couldnt have your opinion thats all any of us have Opinions and theories!

I just feel very sorry for her mom and her dad also

I think this is totally valid. I wonder, however, how many girls WOULD have gone missing had they not had their cell phones on them to call for help? No one should assume a phone is a fool-proof way to keep safe. It is merely a tool that can keep us safer. Nothing takes the place of safe behavior. Sometimes, as we all know, people can do all the "right" things, and still be victimized. It's all about lowering one's chances of ending up in a bad situation- by using a combination of tools.

Unfortunately they do not use the cell phone because most times its someone they know. They believe Hannah went willingly with someone she knew.

Teens do not like their parents!
This young lady was afraid to ride the school bus now it was either someone on the bus or someone that came around the bus stop. that was bothering her.

Had she said the wrong thing to someone?
got confrontational?
Did she break up with someone and move on to someone else.
I can see the old BF stalking her and spying on her and also getting angry enuff to harm her.
I just think its another teen that killed her.

I never said you couldnt have your opinion thats all any of us have Opinions and theories!

I just feel very sorry for her mom and her dad also

I remember reading that her father had stated Hannah was afraid to ride the bus. Has this been verified? It's hard to sift through fact vs. opinion in this case. All we really have are Dad's words- which seem to point to Mom; no words at all from Mom (and I understand she isn't obligated to speak to the media- so no judgment there, just stating fact); and a bunch of cryptic messages from Hannah's Twitter page that could mean something as scary as she was being stalked, was pregnant, all the way to something more mundane.

The lack of solid information is frustrating.

I wonder who Hannah customarily confided in about problems in her life? Her dad seems to feel they had a pretty strong relationship, so maybe there was a lot she confided to him. It wouldn't be unusual because he was far enough removed from her problems that her secrets would feel safe with him. In some of the later articles, I also had the impression that JT has an idea who Hannah's killer might be (maybe not by name, but recognizing his/her association with Hannah).

Also, I'm curious about Hannah's siblings but can't find anything about them in MSM. I'm not going to sleuth them; just curious about their ages and Hannah's relationship with them. If her siblings, or one sibling, was older than Hannah did she confide in that sibling? Would she have told her sibling about someone who was harassing her? If so, her sibling may have confronted the person. When my older sister and I were younger, I remember that happening at least once. Even thought it was only a verbal confrontation, the other person and their friends were peeved at me (and I only confided to my sister when she saw that I was upset and asked what was wrong). Anyway, a scenario such as this could have resulted in Hannah's killer (possibly a classmate or neighbor who rode the school bus) seeking retaliation.

If Hannah had a younger sibling(s), on the other hand, was Hannah their confidante? Maybe a younger sibling was being bullied and Hannah confronted the bully, who then targeted Hannah, possibly soliciting help from an older sibling or friend who was bigger than Hannah.

Did Hannah's siblings go to the same school and ride the same school bus? Did any of them (Hannah and/or her siblings) associate with other kids in the neighborhood? Again, not looking to sleuth; just curious if one of Hannah's siblings might hold the clue to her murder.

I've also wondered if a teacher may have been Hannah's confidante. Did she relate to a teacher personal problems she was having with a schoolmate? Did a teacher recognize that Hannah was having problems and refer her to the school counselor? The behavioral problems Hannah seemed to be having at home may have been her acting out due to conflicts at school. I would think a teacher or counselor, though, would come forward with any potentially helpful information.

According to the article below, potential witnesses have been uncooperative, causing the investigation to stall. Why? Are other students being intimidated by an individual/group of kids at school/on the bus? I hope there are other avenues LE can explore to find Hannah's killer(s). What DNA evidence do they have? I don't want this to become a cold case. :(

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/260495/40/Hannah-Truelove-murder-investigation-stalled

I wonder who Hannah customarily confided in about problems in her life? Her dad seems to feel they had a pretty strong relationship, so maybe there was a lot she confided to him. It wouldn't be unusual because he was far enough removed from her problems that her secrets would feel safe with him. In some of the later articles, I also had the impression that JT has an idea who Hannah's killer might be (maybe not by name, but recognizing his/her association with Hannah).

Also, I'm curious about Hannah's siblings but can't find anything about them in MSM. I'm not going to sleuth them; just curious about their ages and Hannah's relationship with them. If her siblings, or one sibling, was older than Hannah did she confide in that sibling? Would she have told her sibling about someone who was harassing her? If so, her sibling may have confronted the person. When my older sister and I were younger, I remember that happening at least once. Even thought it was only a verbal confrontation, the other person and their friends were peeved at me (and I only confided to my sister when she saw that I was upset and asked what was wrong). Anyway, a scenario such as this could have resulted in Hannah's killer (possibly a classmate or neighbor who rode the school bus) seeking retaliation.

If Hannah had a younger sibling(s), on the other hand, was Hannah their confidante? Maybe a younger sibling was being bullied and Hannah confronted the bully, who then targeted Hannah, possibly soliciting help from an older sibling or friend who was bigger than Hannah.

Did Hannah's siblings go to the same school and ride the same school bus? Did any of them (Hannah and/or her siblings) associate with other kids in the neighborhood? Again, not looking to sleuth; just curious if one of Hannah's siblings might hold the clue to her murder.

I've also wondered if a teacher may have been Hannah's confidante. Did she relate to a teacher personal problems she was having with a schoolmate? Did a teacher recognize that Hannah was having problems and refer her to the school counselor? The behavioral problems Hannah seemed to be having at home may have been her acting out due to conflicts at school. I would think a teacher or counselor, though, would come forward with any potentially helpful information.

According to the article below, potential witnesses have been uncooperative, causing the investigation to stall. Why? Are other students being intimidated by an individual/group of kids at school/on the bus? I hope there are other avenues LE can explore to find Hannah's killer(s). What DNA evidence do they have? I don't want this to become a cold case. :(

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/260495/40/Hannah-Truelove-murder-investigation-stalled

Does she have Brothers or Sisters?

With all the technology we have today why does it seem so many these murders go unsolved.

It seems to me years ago they caught more bad guys!

JMO

Does she have Brothers or Sisters?
She had one brother and one sister. I don't know their ages. I found her siblings listed in her obituary.

I couldn't find that information early this morning b/c I was Googling "Hannah Trueblood." :p I need more sleep.

With all the technology we have today why does it seem so many these murders go unsolved.

It seems to me years ago they caught more bad guys!

JMO
MOO
I don't think our laws have kept pace with technology. It is good that there are laws to protect the innocent and prevent abuse of the guilty, but I think laws are often misused to protect the guilty even when technology is pointing in a certain direction. The balance is tilting in favor of criminals and allowing them to literally get away with murder.

Years ago cases went cold due to lack of DNA evidence. Now, so many cases go cold despite evidence pointing to a specific POI because laws prevent LE from acting on the evidence. Again, :moo::moo::moo:

MOO
I don't think our laws have kept pace with technology. It is good that there are laws to protect the innocent and prevent abuse of the guilty, but I think laws are often misused to protect the guilty even when technology is pointing in a certain direction. The balance is tilting in favor of criminals and allowing them to literally get away with murder.

Years ago cases went cold due to lack of DNA evidence. Now, so many cases go cold despite evidence pointing to a specific POI because laws prevent LE from acting on the evidence. Again, :moo::moo::moo:

I hear ya!

Its just very sad that its so easy to get away with murder!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back