Nejame to represent GA and CA but not Casey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the lawyer is to protect them because they are being "vilified" (that alone is killing me because CINDY and GEORGE have done it themselves) by the media per JB, wouldn't you hire the BEST tort lawyer in Orlando or the BEST Personal Injury lawyer? But hiring the BEST criminal defence lawyer? Something wrong with that picture.

I think the two things are tied up together. They could possibly need criminal representation in the future, but they can't pay. A lawyer so inclined could try to finance that possible future representation with a bunch of civil lawsuits on behalf of the "villified" parents. He's gonna need to shut Cindy up, though.

They are nervous about something to have lawyer'ed up this late in the game, imo.

Or this in an effort to help Casey's defense, maybe make it harder to have the parents be forced to testify against her somehow?

The criminal defense doesn't make sense because of conflict of interest.

I would think that George, being ex-LE, knows how to lawyer up....

Or this in an effort to help Casey's defense, maybe make it harder to have the parents be forced to testify against her somehow?

I think this is all of the above. I think they should have had a lawyer right out of the gate.

edit: Maybe not RIGHT out of the gate, but the second they heard anything about them being involved. And imo, Wednesday was not the first time they would have heard anything.

Maybe a lawyer could have kept Cindy's mouth closed all this time.

Curious.... if the Anthony's admit to anything to their defense attorney (admission of guilt) does he have to tell LE? And if he doesn't tell them and defends them from a not guilty stand point, is that not considerd illegal?

PS - I work for an attorney, butits coporate law...:doh:

Communication between a lawyer and client is confidential.

Cindy's is in a bind.... if she testifies the jury HEARS her lying & the idiotic excuses. If she doesn't testify for her own daughter, it's even worse for Casey.

And George isn't too far behind Cindy in the 'oh crap, what have I done to make things even worse for Casey' category. :D

The Anthonys should have hired a COMPETENT PR person & a lawyer the day Casey was arrested. Instead, they spent over a month digging a deep hole for Casey & themselves. It's WAY, WAY too late to close the barn door, imo.

If these whack jobs try to sue Tim Miller, I'll certainly donate to his defense fund.

I don't think this attorney would take on the case unless there are some serious charges in the works. It wouldn't be worth his time.

I say both parents will be charged with obstruction of justice, lying and diverting investigators, and aiding and abetting a suspect because they cleaned up a potential crime scene.

I concur. He isn't taking on PR crap. He is what he is...Criminal Defense Attorney. This may be the smoke screen C & G are using for the moment for the reason of retaining him. But they KNOW charges are coming....

Reported on WFTV just now, Mark Nejame will be representing the grandparents but not taking over Casey's case. Also, he wouldn't say if he'd work pro bono but said that there would be donations to their case.
Well good luck to him, he sure is gonna need it.

Anyone who does not agree with Cindy gets the full power of her venom. Notice how it is everyone else that is causing the problem. Just like KC, anyone who comes in contact with her is somehow damaged & tossed aside
. I bet she was fun to work with.

So, when will Nurse Ratched turn on her own lawyer?

Anyone who does not agree with Cindy gets the full power of her venom. Notice how it is everyone else that is causing the problem. Just like KC, anyone who comes in contact with her is somehow damaged & tossed aside
. I bet she was fun to work with.

Can you see that babe coming at you with an injection syringe?

Oh oh oh, I am not so sure that the Anthony's are worried about being charged with anything. I just read the wftv article about this lawyer. I believe he is going to be one of those lawyers that threatens lawsuits over anyone that says negative remarks about the Anthony's. Remember the lawyer that Ramsey's hired that was always threatening to sue? I forget his name. He was also a well known lawyer. They hired him to protect their image and I think thats what the Anthony's are doing with this lawyer.

from www.wftv.com

Nejame said he would not be taking over Casey's case, but instead would be representing George and Cindy Anthony. He said, if he steps in, he would help deal with the negative publicity.

Eyewitness News also talked to Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, about the situation and he said he thinks George and Cindy Anthony need an attorney because right now "they are being vilified on TV."

Eyewitness News asked Nejame if it would be a pro bono case and he would only say he did not want to talk about finances; however there would be some people contributing to the fund.

Maybe he's out shopping for a case of socks and duct tape?

Well I think the Anthony's are worried about what they have to say in court against their daughter and all the other stuff they have uttered to the public or LE like 'it smells like a body in the d*** car'....

They need help on how to testify and not lie but not get their daughter 50 years in the slammer. They want to know their rights and how to answer questions and have someone represent them at the court trial for their daughter. That's my guess. I don't believe that LE is going to bring them up on charges. Unless they get alot of evidence they hid big evidence on purpose. That would be hard to prove.

Cypress hill..

Is that the same band that has the song with the lyrcis
Insane in the membrane..insane in the brain..LOL

What if these whack jobs decide to sue all of those who have said negative things about them? Including us? :dance:

I think the two things are tied up together. They could possibly need criminal representation in the future, but they can't pay. A lawyer so inclined could try to finance that possible future representation with a bunch of civil lawsuits on behalf of the "villified" parents. He's gonna need to shut Cindy up, though.

Haven't they and Lee and the neighbor been subpeonaed as witnesses to the neglect charges?

Kato and many of the O.J. witnesses had legal representation (pro bono). Cindy and George have been videotaped making contradictions and are in obvious need of help.

The case has also gotten national coverage daily for two months. It is only a matter of time before more charges and a big public trial.

This is the greatest opportunity for lawyers to show off their stuff since Scott Peterson.

IMO

this is a quote from the lawyer on myfoxorlando.com

Cindy and George Anthony visit prominent Orlando attorney

In another twist of events Wednesday, FOX 35's Cheryl Getuiza learned that
Cindy and George Anthony visited Mark Nejame, a prominent Orlando attorney.

A close family friend made the introduction.

Nejame said the visit was not to talk about future representation for Casey, but was instead a question and answer period for the Anthony's who seeked advice on how to focus the attention back to finding their missing granddaughter.

"I think thats why the grandparents came to see us because we do have the knowledge and resources to assist them and maybe give them some guidance and help them get through this mess and total lack of privacy and this inability to grieve," Nejame said.

The attorney has decades of experience with high profile cases. He represented Fred Khalilian, best known for opening Club Paris and his accusations of raping a girl.

Former Orlando Commissioner Ernest Page hired Nejame after he was accused of mixing private business with his public job.

Recently, he represented the executive producer in the "Pauper to Princess," an reality television show that never aired.

Why would they need to have time to grieve if Caylee is alive and well and running around Texas, Mexico or Puerto Rico???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser
Back