Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also wonder if you know why the evidence package would have been cut open and re-taped? If an expert can look at blood and tell it's "old" or "fresh" why spend all the time and $ with the testing? And have you ever been involved with an investigation where there was blood but no fingerprints? If wearing gloves then blood came from another part of his body but I cannot visualize how a wound to say his ear would have resulted in those types of blood smears - 10 of them!
There should also have been Chain of Custody paperwork with the sample that recorded each and every time the sample was handled. This may very likely have explained when and by whom the red 'evidence' tape was broken. Not sure if that pprwrk was intentionally omitted by the defense or if it didn't exist. In the latter case, that would certainly make tampering a very valid concern and it seems like they *should* have mentioned it. I don't recall hearing anything about it in MaM, though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am only up to Ep. 4 but that public defender? Len? I wanted to smack that grin right off his face....and I'm not a violent person :)

So many things made me angry while watching this documentary, but for some reason Len Kachinsky bugged me way more than all the other people. I think it was the fact that he could sit there with a huge smile while he discussed a case where he helped wrongfully convict a special education 16-year old of murder and rape while he was his defense attorney. "Evil" kept coming to mind when I would hear him speak.

After reading through this thread ,I feel a little shocked . Personally a felt like the documentary was filled with propaganda . It was 10 hours of manipulation , with waaaay to many important facts and details left out ....no excuse for that.
I'm surprised at some of the theories I've seen also ..
I believe Brendan should not of been convicted .
I have serious doubts about Averys innocence ....and feel in the minority about that .
I have seen so many people being cast under suspicion ..it comes across like The Averys are the only "good honest people" in this town .
I believe when people get over the great editing , production and music in this documentary and are just left with the cold hard facts , we'll see clearer and less emotion driven theories .moo

So many things made me angry while watching this documentary, but for some reason Len Kachinsky bugged me way more than all the other people. I think it was the fact that he could sit there with a huge smile while he discussed a case where he helped wrongfully convict a special education 16-year old of murder and rape while he was his defense attorney. "Evil" kept coming to mind when I would hear him speak.

His first media interview before he had even met Brendan make me want to jump through the computer screen! When he basically stated that he believed his new client had actually done it, but was influenced by SA. I was like WHAAAATTTT????

That and his apparent lust for the camera and fame. He really seemed to enjoy his time in the limelight. Pathetic!

I am coming in late to this discussion, has it been mentioned why Teresa's license plate had been called in two days before her car was supposedly discovered? That troubled me from the moment I heard that radio call. Why would a member of law enforcement call in the plate of a missing woman, remark that 'it's a 1999 Toyota, right?' and nothing more? You call in a plate when a car is located, right? Not simply out of the blue.

After reading through this thread ,I feel a little shocked . Personally a felt like the documentary was filled with propaganda . It was 10 hours of manipulation , with waaaay to many important facts and details left out ....no excuse for that.
I'm surprised at some of the theories I've seen also ..
I believe Brendan should not of been convicted .
I have serious doubts about Averys innocence ....and feel in the minority about that .
I have seen so many people being cast under suspicion ..it comes across like The Averys are the only "good honest people" in this town .
I believe when people get over the great editing , production and music in this documentary and are just left with the cold hard facts , we'll see clearer and less emotion driven theories .moo

I consider myself to be a fairly clear-headed person and watching what I did see was enough for me to want to gag at some of these people. It's pretty sad that when I see the prosecution/police speaking I get far more repulsed than the defense side of things. What does that tell you that a person who is 99.9% of the time police-friendly, is more creeped out by the cops and prosecution than the defendants in this case.

And I say this with being extremely well aware of how the music, the production, etc...enhanced the viewing experience. I actually worked very hard to work past all of this, however, I am still convinced 100% that at the very least I can confidently state the following:

1.) A new trial is deserved for these clients
2.) Manitowoc authorities acted deplorably in all 3 cases
3.) Len and Krutz should both be disbarred
4.) What Len and the investigator did was disgusting
5.) Brendan's "confession" was not only 100% coerced, but mouth fed by the investigators and categorically untrue due to the fact that the evidence did not even come close to supporting his "confession."
6.) We should ALL be afraid if what was allowed to have happen in this case could happen to just about anyone else - if someone has it out for you they will get you
7.) Everything and anything provided by Manitowoc should be thrown out as evidence, including the key, the car, the confession, and the bullet, because to me it is painfully unreliable at the very best, or worse obtained illegally, and at worst simply planted.

This entire situation is so much like the West Memphis Three trials and the docs that came from it.
I've no idea if Avery is innocent or not, but I do believe that something was wrong in this case.
Chain of custody is the hallmark of good lab work. It wasn't addressed properly.
Thinking of everyone involved especially Teresa's family.
jmo

This entire situation is so much like the West Memphis Three trials and the docs that came from it.
I've no idea if Avery is innocent or not, but I do believe that something was wrong in this case.
Chain of custody is the hallmark of good lab work. It wasn't addressed properly.
Thinking of everyone involved especially Teresa's family.
jmo

I do not believe that Teresa was killed by anyone outside of the family with familiarity with the lot. Just too much of a reach. That said, I believe that everyone involved (other than her brother and parents) helped a little bit (consciously or unconsciously) to forward the theory that it was SA.

That said, I have my money on Barb's husband.

Does anyone know if you can watch the documentary besides on Netflix.

I do not believe that Teresa was killed by anyone outside of the family with familiarity with the lot. Just too much of a reach. That said, I believe that everyone involved (other than her brother and parents) helped a little bit (consciously or unconsciously) to forward the theory that it was SA.

That said, I have my money on Barb's husband.

Do you think that is why Brendan said something? I have a feeling Brendan is not a ' material ' witness. But I do think he may have overheard just a few words here or there from certain family members . He heard just enough to get him into trouble but not enough to ' know ' anything. ** speculative**

Barb's husband is a good one also. Big red flags with the fighting, the visual cues, etc.
jmo

I am coming in late to this discussion, has it been mentioned why Teresa's license plate had been called in two days before her car was supposedly discovered? That troubled me from the moment I heard that radio call. Why would a member of law enforcement call in the plate of a missing woman, remark that 'it's a 1999 Toyota, right?' and nothing more? You call in a plate when a car is located, right? Not simply out of the blue.

Right?

How about when the key was found finally......yikes....and the manipulation of Brendan .....sickening to watch for me.

I consider myself to be a fairly clear-headed person and watching what I did see was enough for me to want to gag at some of these people. It's pretty sad that when I see the prosecution/police speaking I get far more repulsed than the defense side of things. What does that tell you that a person who is 99.9% of the time police-friendly, is more creeped out by the cops and prosecution than the defendants in this case.

And I say this with being extremely well aware of how the music, the production, etc...enhanced the viewing experience. I actually worked very hard to work past all of this, however, I am still convinced 100% that at the very least I can confidently state the following:

5.) Brendan's "confession" was not only 100% coerced, but mouth fed by the investigators and categorically untrue due to the fact that the evidence did not even come close to supporting his "confession."
6.) We should ALL be afraid if what was allowed to have happen in this case could happen to just about anyone else - if someone has it out for you they will get you
7.) Everything and anything provided by Manitowoc should be thrown out as evidence, including the key, the car, the confession, and the bullet, because to me it is painfully unreliable at the very best, or worse obtained illegally, and at worst simply planted.

:goodpost:

Especially the " if they're out to get you, they will". A scary and very sad fact.

I wish I knew more about her exboyfriend and her roommate. And why her brother deleted messages from her phone?

I wish I knew more about her exboyfriend and her roommate. And why her brother deleted messages from her phone?

What ? I thought her brother said he did not delete messages .....or something along the lines of ' i dont remember deleting them'.

Barb's husband is a good one also. Big red flags with the fighting, the visual cues, etc.
jmo

Barb's husband is Brendon's stepfather, right? This all kind of reminds me of the West Memphis Three, where the stepfather has the most evidence against him in that one. I too think it's probably 'all in the family' but I don't believe it was Steven. Somebody set out to frame him, and law enforcement had to be a part of it for the key to have been suddenly found after 4 previous searches turned up nothing. Same thing with the bullet in the garage, found months later. Yet no other blood, no spatter, no drops, not even after they jackhammered the floor. Think about it, non of Teresa's blood could ever be *found* because her body was burned. There wasn't any available sample of Teresa's blood to use like there was of Avery's.

When the "West Memphis 3" took the Alford Plea, that exempted the State of Arkansas from any financial liability so yeah, it reminds me of that case. Especially with Avery getting a cash judgment from his false imprisonment on the initial rape charge.
As I think I said, I don't know if any of the 3 in the WM case had any guilt or not, but I am thinking of the IQ of Jesse Misskelly vs the IQ of Dassey in this one, and the proven stats for false confessions.
We are dealing with very trying times with our judicial system, as well as with the real (in some cases) abuse of law enforcement on our citizens.
I am a big supporter of LE and it pains me to see the rotten fruit spoiling the entire apple cart in these cases.
Avery may have thought he could get away with murdering TH. Maybe he thought he was bullet-proof.
I just can't see how a human body was cremated to that point and how the bones were found in different places. It's illogical.
IMO JMO and all of that

YES YES! I am exactly the same way. I have many friends in L.E. and I always give them the benefit of the doubt! I have never felt this way about them before watching this documentary. I also watched with skepticism but when things are right there - on videotape- such as the way that disgusting investigator treated Brendan - there is no other explanation. I do believe (as the defense attorney stated) that many of the L.E. believed 100% that SA was guilty and they were just "helping" the jury make the right decision...no excuse!

Oh and did anyone else think that when the investigator was on the stand in Episode 10 - and he was reading all those horrible things about the Avery family ("their family tree needs to be cut down/end the gene pool here") And this man was supposed to be working for the "DEFENSE"? Hello???? - Why was he crying on the stand about the blue ribbon from the girl's church? Not just a momentary sniffle but it went on and on...very bazaar behavior.

FINALLY - WHY didn't they have an expert witness to explain Brendan's limitations and unusual behavior? That would seem to me to be a very minimal requirement and the judge acted like being a special ed student and reading at a 4th grade level was just fine - treat him like a normal, full-functioning adult. It was a travesty in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member