Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and you really think all of those people conspired against him?

Not all. But, by the looks of the international attention this case has been getting, there's sure the heck of a lot of reasonable doubt. We can't all be wrong. As the FBI agent said in American Treasure, somebody's got to go to jail.

If the evidence was tainted because of police, prosecutor and/or judge conspiracy criminal misconduct then he's a free man without having a new trial (in my understanding of the law)

Also, if any of the above are proven guilty, I believe all their past criminal cases that they were ever involved in also stand a chance of being overturned and those criminals set free.

For all we know, there are many more wrongful convictions in criminal cases where the suspect was railroaded.

In Wisconsin, if you are wrongfully convicted, the state has to shell out $5,000.00 per year for each year the person was in prison. That's $50,000.00 they owe SA if he was wrongfully convicted, so far. If the state wants to drag these appeals on for years and years and SA eventually still gets out because of a wrongful conviction, he's going to have a tidy sum of money from the state when he does get out. If they're smart, they'll let him out pending appeal. That doesn't even include what the people involved will be sued for. So these people better get their heads out of their sand piles.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2014/06/16/320356084/when-innocent-people-go-to-prison-states-pay

Wisconsin pays the lowest amount and Texas pays the highest at $50,000.00 for each year so it's pretty easy to see how highly Wisconsin law makers value their own citizen' rights. It appears we are nothing but trash to them without value.

This case is going to scar the judicial system in Wisconsin for years to come. NO ONE will want to come forward to be a juror, testify or be a witness in a criminal trial because of all the corruption and bad publicity knowing that law enforcement or the criminal justice system is going to retaliate against you or even frame you at their whim.

In Wisconsin, you can go to the DMV and get a new drivers license for $14.00 with an address on it of where you tell them you will be moving to in the event you don't want to do or are afraid to do jury duty. Take it to the clerk of courts and tell them you're moving, here's my new address and you're off jury duty. Problem solved. Once you're off jury duty, "move" back a few months later. If they don't have to play by the rules, neither do you.

And remember, whenever a law enforcement officer talks to you, you tell them only five words: "I have nothing to say." No matter what it is. Followed by, "I'm not saying anything without an attorney present." Followed by, "Am I under arrest?" Followed by, "Am I free to go?" Better train your children well as to what to say or they, too, may one day become a BD.

Hmm I am confused. I thought the legislator was trying to change this with the then "AVERY TASK FORCE" to get signed into state that they would raise this price to 25k per year. 450K for SA back then. Believe the AVERY BILL was signed by the governor at the time. So what happen? shouldn't that article reflect 25,000 per year. The 5k per year was supposed to be capped at 25,000. Did he ever get the 25k capped amount from WI for the first 18 years? They later changed the name of the Avery Bill to something else, does anyone know what the name was changed to?

Would this also give the State of WI a grievance against the poster child who is changing the ways of WI to pay out more money to the wrongfully convicted?
Also another question. Had the law suit did play out in 2005, would the AG/DOJ/DCI look good if he won, when their report stated they found the people they investigated for the 85' wrong conviction were not of any fault, just simply got it wrong? Might even show them in bad light. They seemed to be very involved in the murder case too against Avery. Avery was claiming planting and framing, wouldn't it be their job to be investigating that aspect of the case while the lead "Calumet" conducted the missing persons/murder case?

...and you really think all of those people conspired against him?

why would one of the most respected attorneys, along with the innocence project take on his case? There is clearly evidence we don't have knowledge of. If there was no corruption why didn't lenk and colburn just stay away?

Dismissed Steven Avery Juror Tells PEOPLE Jury Members Were Related to a Local Cop and a County Employee

http://www.people.com/article/steven-avery-juror-says-two-jurors-related-county-employees

A juror who was ultimately dismissed from the murder trial of Making a Murderer subject Steven Avery tells PEOPLE that two jurors who convicted Avery were related to Manitowoc County employees.

"After the trial, I found out...[one juror] was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy," the dismissed juror, Richard Mahler, says. "Another juror, his wife works for the Manitowoc County Clerk's Office."

Juror C.W.?

Which above juror was swearing and intimidating the other jurors? Why are the juror's names being kept secret? This isn't a John Doe trial.

shouldn't that article reflect 25,000 per year. The 5k per year was supposed to be capped at 25,000. Did he ever get the 25k capped amount from WI for the first 18 years? They later changed the name of the Avery Bill to something else, does anyone know what the name was changed to?

That's possible. The article is from June 2014. I also thought the lawsuit was settled early because SA needed the money to pay his attorneys.

I can imagine the outcome if he had to be represented by the lazy, incompetent court-appointed attorneys that seem to rule the roost in Wisconsin.

That's possible. The article is from June 2014. I also thought the lawsuit was settled early because SA needed the money to pay his attorneys.

I can imagine the outcome if he had to be represented by the lazy, incompetent court-appointed attorneys that seem to rule the roost in Wisconsin.

I believe this bill was being signed in Nov 2005. It was pushed through legislation I believe Nov 1 2005 the day after TH went missing. So they signed it but never enforced it?

The suing was something different. I believe that the 450K he would have Still think he should have, received from the state for the wrongful conviction and 18 years he spent in jail would have helped him stay in the lawsuit against the County.

And don't forget the half million he was supposed to get from the state grant after enacting the new law in his name. I think he should still get that too, if it turns out he's innocent. Actually, double!

Dismissed Steven Avery Juror Tells PEOPLE Jury Members Were Related to a Local Cop and a County Employee

http://www.people.com/article/steven-avery-juror-says-two-jurors-related-county-employees

A juror who was ultimately dismissed from the murder trial of Making a Murderer subject Steven Avery tells PEOPLE that two jurors who convicted Avery were related to Manitowoc County employees.

"After the trial, I found out...[one juror] was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy," the dismissed juror, Richard Mahler, says. "Another juror, his wife works for the Manitowoc County Clerk's Office."

Juror C.W.?

Which above juror was swearing and intimidating the other jurors? Why are the juror's names being kept secret? This isn't a John Doe trial.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ror-ties-manitowoc-sheriffs-article-1.2489520

hzOOqu9.jpg

eo2hQ0F.jpg

...and those people would include:
Manitowoc County
Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department
Andrew Colborn, Sergeant
Daniel Kucharski, Deputy
Dave Remiker, Detective
Eugene Kusche, Deputy Sheriff
James Lenk, Sheriff
Jason Orth, Sergeant
Kenneth Petersen, Sheriff 79-07
Robert Hermann, Under Sheriff
Thomas Bergner, Detective
Juror C.W.
Judge Jerome Fox, Manitowoc Circuit Court
Mark Rohrer, District Attorney

Calumet County
Calumet County Sheriff’s Department
Jerry Pagel, Sheriff
William Tyson, Sergeant

Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz
Calumet County Judge Patrick L. Willis
Sheboygan County
Judge Angela Sutkiewicz of Sheboygan County Circuit Court
Milwaukee County
Norm Gahn – Assistant District Attorney
Marinette County
Marinette County Sheriff Department
Anthony O’Neill, Detective
Wisconsin Department of Justice
Tom Fallon, Assistant Attorney General
Amy Lehmann, Special Agent
Debra Strauss, Special Agent
Kevin Heimerl, Special Agent
Tom Fassbender, Special Agent
Tom Sturdivant, Special Agent
FBI
Dr. Marc LeBeau, Chemistry Unit Chief
Wisconsin State Crime Lab
Nick Stahlke, Bloodstain Pattern Analyst
Sherry Culhane, DNA Technical Unit Leader

6 Ineffective Trial and Appellate Counsels
Jodi Stachowski

WOW...what a conspiracy!!! He's going to be richer than Bill Gates!

Just a few corrections. Kucharski was Calumet officer and Judge Willis was Manitowoc Judge. And I personally see that list as being to long. Some of them were lead by the planted evidence. The ones I'd put on that list would be the four JL, AC, DR, and DK that I believe were the ones doing the actual planting. I'd put KK on that list, Man. Co. DA Rohrer, Sheriff KP and Under Sheriff RH, and the two Judges who I think should have recused themselves as well. Especially Judge JF who was in on the sensitive conversation to hand over the lead to Calumet. So tho the list is still long, its not as long as yours. And I think the DOJ should have been at that point investigating the allegations against Manitowoc and making sure that they stepped down from the investigation. IMO they should have been investigating the way Man. Co. Clerks office stored their evidence.

Of course JMO

Hope its ok to post this picture I have found of TH the first victim of this fumbled case. I blame Man.Co. for the suffering of the families involved in this tragic case. I hope that peace will come to all involved whatever it is that has to surface to point either way on what really happened to this young beautiful woman.

attachment.php

I thought we had a thread on false confessions, but perhaps not. I was just thinking of some exonerated cases and I recall the horrible case her in Chicago of the Ryan Harris murder, where 2 young boys, ages 7 and 8, were arrested for the murder and rape of the girl. They were ultimately completely exonerated. The one reason I thought of it was because I thought of how damaging false confessions can be to a person, particularly a child. And I am not talking about the fact that they are wrongfully incarcerated, but the overwhelming damage it can do to the person's psychological well being. In the Harris case, one of the boys ended up convicted of attempted murder when he was an older teenager. (He really did do it.) But there was a huge discussion as to whether or not his original accusation had something to do with his future behavior. But I had forgotten that the boys actually did confess to the murder, although they were ultimately exonerated.

I came across this article from when it originally happened and just read the tone of the article and some of the statements from people quoted. Although a few who knew them (even the girls' mother) did not believe it could be true, the officials quoted in the article discuss how sad it is that killers are getting younger and younger, etc...

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/11/u...utal-killing-of-a-girl-11.html?pagewanted=all

I just wanted to share this because my heart still breaks for poor Brandon, who I believe is 100% innocent. He even told his mother he was still a virgin. True innocence lost, never to be recovered.

Some new exhibits here if you haven't seen them yet. http://www.stevenaverycase.org/exhibits/

It appears to me Wiegert lied on his report or some of the information given to him was false.

Wiegert's report:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Trial-Exhibit-216-Wiegerts-Nov-3-Report.pdf

I saw in a previous list of numbers showing a 4:35 pm number. Wiegert's report on page 7 does not show that phone number or time.
Wiegert's report mentions the times of all the phone calls except George Zipperer.
The report doesn't specify WHO did the reverse directory of the phone numbers.

The last entry on page 7 of the report states"

"The next previous phone call would have been on 10/31/05 at 11:43 am to 920-(redacted), which lists to a Steven Avery"

Unofficial typed phone records introduced as evidence instead of the actual phone records:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Trial-Exhibits-17-360-and-362-Auto-Trader-Appt-and-Phone-Records.pdf

That statement would be untrue because:

Page 2 of Steven Avery's cell phone record shows no outgoing phone call at 11:43 AM

BUT, it does show:

Page 3 of Teresa Halbach's cell phone records does show an outgoing 11:43 AM phone call to Barb Janda.

Either whoever gave Wiegert the phone records falsified this information and misled him or he falsified the records.

An obfuscation on Wiegert's part is that he redacted the last 7 digits of each phone number so no one could make a comparison with his report and the list of phone numbers.

If you expand page 7 of that report to its highest magnification, the number he claims was Avery's actually appears to be Janda's. I could be wrong, though.

Someone is lying here or misleading, or both. It's plain as day.

If someone could check my claim and verify it, I'd appreciate it.

I used to have Photoplus4 which when you copied a redacted item the redacted item would be a different shade than the marker that was used to cover the item up. I can't use that old PP4 program on my new computer, darn it.

Just a few corrections. Kucharski was Calumet officer and Judge Willis was Manitowoc Judge. And I personally see that list as being to long. Some of them were lead by the planted evidence. The ones I'd put on that list would be the four JL, AC, DR, and DK that I believe were the ones doing the actual planting. I'd put KK on that list, Man. Co. DA Rohrer, Sheriff KP and Under Sheriff RH, and the two Judges who I think should have recused themselves as well. Especially Judge JF who was in on the sensitive conversation to hand over the lead to Calumet. So tho the list is still long, its not as long as yours. And I think the DOJ should have been at that point investigating the allegations against Manitowoc and making sure that they stepped down from the investigation. IMO they should have been investigating the way Man. Co. Clerks office stored their evidence.

Of course JMO

I don't see Wiegert on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members