Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I agree with you there. I just cant fathom that none, not even a very small amount, of her dna was found in his home or his garage. He could very well be street smart and have covered his tracks pretty well though. He was definitely a sick individual which makes it more believable that he would do something like rape and torture a woman. I just wish they had more definitive proof of his guilt.

Obviously, he didn't cover his tracks well enough which is suspicious enough in itself. Why would anyone go to the trouble of totally cleaning a garage floor and bedroom of all DNA/blood/hair but leave his blood in TH's car & DNA on the hood latch, TH's bones in the firepit, cellphone in the burn barrel, and the car key in his bedroom ????

Especially when he had 3+ days to clean it all up and get rid of all of it ????

Obviously, he didn't cover his tracks well enough which is suspicious enough in itself. Why would anyone go to the trouble of totally cleaning a garage floor and bedroom of all DNA/blood/hair and leave his blood in TH's car & DNA on the hood latch, TH's bones in the firepit, cellphone in the burn barrel, and the car key in his bedroom ????

Especially when he had 3+ days to clean it all up and get rid of all of it ????

I also agree with you there....this whole case is so tough to try and rationalize. Part of me thinks hes guilty and part of me thinks he was framed. I just hope if he is not guilty that it comes out before he sits in jail for another 18 years for something he didnt do.

The thought just occurred to me--does anyone think it is possible that TH was killed over at the Janda residence before Barb got home? Maybe in BD's bed? When Scott testified he said he dropped off Barb and she got right into her car because she was going over to his mother's with him. Could she be missing bed sheets that she never noticed missing?

Could he have said--oh...I have to go get the money from Barb's house and she followed him over there?

Just a thought--now you can all shoot me down!

Nope. LE found Barb's fuzzy cuffs. I'm sure they checked all the beds for blood stains as well.

If this proves to be true, WOW!!!

I guess I have a few problems with it...

1. Why would he risk his career--GZ could have just claimed it was an accident--may have served some time--but I don't think a lot--would that be worth going to jail yourself or risking your career?
2. He had to know that if SA was framed--there would be so much media coverage and other investigators there it would make Woodstock look like a picnic.
3. Most importantly---from the transcripts:
Strang: Indeed, the intent is to show that Mr. Zipperer told, first, Corporal Lemieux and, then, Investigator Dedering, a series of lies about his own activities; about Jason's [his 18 year old grandson] activities; about whether the Auto Trader photographer [Teresa Halbach] was a trespasser on the property.Threatened to have the dog eat anyone who would come on the property; wanting Teresa Halbach arrested even after being told that she was a missing person; denying that he had contacted Auto Trader or arranged for photographs of the car.

WHY would he say that he wanted TH to be arrested if he already knew she was dead.

1. Why would he risk his career--GZ could have just claimed it was an accident--may have served some time--but I don't think a lot--would that be worth going to jail yourself or risking your career?
2. He had to know that if SA was framed--there would be so much media coverage and other investigators there it would make Woodstock look like a picnic.
3. Most importantly---from the transcripts:
Strang: Indeed, the intent is to show that Mr. Zipperer told, first, Corporal Lemieux and, then, Investigator Dedering, a series of lies about his own activities; about Jason's [his 18 year old grandson] activities; about whether the Auto Trader photographer [Teresa Halbach] was a trespasser on the property.Threatened to have the dog eat anyone who would come on the property; wanting Teresa Halbach arrested even after being told that she was a missing person; denying that he had contacted Auto Trader or arranged for photographs of the car.

WHY would he say that he wanted TH to be arrested if he already knew she was dead.

I could be wrong---but I thought Mrs. Zip testified that her husband got home around 5:00pm

http://www.uwgb.edu/clampitp/Phils Site/Internet_Broadcast/mike.html

I will let others interpret this in whatever way they wish. Just thought it was bizarre, myself. Presumably in Mike Halbach's own words:

"When tragedy struck in my personal life, I used the experience gained through classes in my interaction with the media to serve as a springboard for greater goals during difficult times. So what?...I couldn't have done it otherwise."

Tweet for the day! I was starting to wonder if she was too busy to tweet LOL

Kathleen Zellner ‏@ZellnerLaw 5m5 minutes ago
One thing perps & planters have in common is leaving their signatures at the crime scene. Science always transcribes .#MakingAMurderer

Ok, so fingerprints left by LE? Wouldn't that be something!

If this proves to be true, WOW!!!

Dexter did you follow the family line in this--if so can you help me out?

GZ - is Jason's mother's father (Mr. and Mrs. Z are his maternal grandparents)

Diane Shimek must be Jason's father's sister, since she said she is not related to George?

[/I]WHY would he say that he wanted TH to be arrested if he already knew she was dead.

RSBM

Why would SA say he called her to come and take photo's of another loader if he knew she was dead. Covering tracks? Who knows.

It goes both ways IMO

I wonder if Zipperer or the grandson ever called Teresa back about the photo's.

I wish we had the report from when they went out to this guys place or talked to him on the phone. I still have not seen any evidence that she definitely found and went to the Zipperers before Avery's.

Ok, so fingerprints left by LE? Wouldn't that be something!

I wonder if LE down there has to be fingerprinted like up here in Canada? I think lawyers are also fingerprinted here.

I guess, I don't agree that having the intelligence would make a difference. Some criminals are very low IQ, but very street smart--in other words--know how to beat the system. We do know that he knows how to read and comprehend--that is apparent in his attempt to represent himself on his appeal.

Well, the system sure was not beaten when SA served 18 years in prison!

Dexter did you follow the family line in this--if so can you help me out?

GZ - is Jason's mother's father (Mr. and Mrs. Z are his maternal grandparents)

Diane Shimek must be Jason's father's sister, since she said she is not related to George?

Yes, I think that's right, she is related to Jason's father. She said nephew, so assume they are brother/sister (I guess there is a chance that she is Jason's fathers aunt, making her Jason's great-aunt, but I don't think so)

Bad eyewitness identification & testimony. It's one of the reasons we see decades old convictions overturned when there is no other corroborating evidence. Humans are fallible even when they are trying to do their best to identify who they saw. And in this case, the real perp wasn't shown to Penny B in either a photo or a lineup. DNA to the rescue in many cases. It shows who was in contact with the victim and/or the victim's belongings.

The thought just occurred to me--does anyone think it is possible that TH was killed over at the Janda residence before Barb got home? Maybe in BD's bed? When Scott testified he said he dropped off Barb and she got right into her car because she was going over to his mother's with him. Could she be missing bed sheets that she never noticed missing?

Could he have said--oh...I have to go get the money from Barb's house and she followed him over there?

Just a thought--now you can all shoot me down!

Nope! But I do think it's possible Mr. Z was her last stop, and not the A property.

RSBM

Why would SA say he called her to come and take photo's of another loader if he knew she was dead. Covering tracks? Who knows.

It goes both ways IMO

I wonder if Zipperer or the grandson ever called Teresa back about the photo's.

I wish we had the report from when they went out to this guys place or talked to him on the phone. I still have not seen any evidence that she definitely found and went to the Zipperers before Avery's.

Great Point! Well Taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member