Found Deceased Netherlands - Anne Faber, 25, Utrecht, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meanwhile, it has started to rain and everybody out there is soaked ....

Citizen-reporters mention a lot of police activity in a certain area near Amersfoortseweg. I'm waiting for MSM to confirm.

Twitter is twittering.....activity is going on.....waiting too....If she is found than there is a procedure, off course family is informed first.....radio silence the least....and then confirmation by the official routes

John Maes (Telegraaf) twittered all the time about Anne's missing case, now quiet...

Yep... really curious what's going on... basically bracing for bad news right now. Her poor family, they're going through hell right now.

Yep... really curious what's going on... basically bracing for bad news right now. Her poor family, they're going through hell right now.

I would be soooo sad but also in a way glad if she is actually found.... Not knowing is the worst....I will shed a tear for Anne for sure.....actually I already did (nothing worth at all) This poor family.....

[video=twitter;916670583127117825]https://twitter.com/rtvutrecht/status/916670583127117825[/video]

Police spokesman Bernhard Jens states that there are no new developments for the time being in the search for #AnneFaber

BBM

[video=twitter;916640215501905920]https://twitter.com/VSchildkamp/status/916640215501905920[/video]

Bicycle path along Amersfoortseweg has now been cordoned off, two white vans have arrived, press is no longer allowed near.

BBM

https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/misdrijf-lijkt-nu-wel-aannemelijker-dan-een-ongeluk~aa7e1984/

'A crime now seems more likely than an accident'

Anne Faber is being sought everywhere in the vicinity of the pond in Huis ter Heide. The 25-year-old student from Utrecht has been missing for eight days. However, the investigation does not seem to be progressing at all. "A crime is now more likely than an accident," according to police spokesperson Bernhard Jens.

As quickly as' the general public' draws conclusions via social media, the police are still cautious. "All scenarios are still possible in theory, but I don't say anything unusual when I say there is a cautious strike through the scenario of an accident,'' police spokesman Bernhard Jens says.

So this is a crime?
That is the most plausible scenario now. Even though we haven't found her, so all scenarios are still open. But when you see where the bike, bag and jacket were found lying, an accident is no longer a scenario that we take into account.

The jacket belongs to Anne. But that bag and bike?

Probably so, but we are not going to say that definitively yet. The family thinks so, but does everyone know exactly what the bag of their children looks like? We only know for sure when the dna investigation is completed. We also want to know what more dna could be on these things.

Was there any dna from someone else on Anne's coat?
I'm not going to say anything about that except that this jacket is indeed of Anne.

The cycle path next to the Amersfoortseweg is closed and there was quite a lot of activity. Does this place receive special attention?
To my knowledge not. We look at several places in the area. I can imagine that parts of the area here and there are being closed off because we are searching and do not want to have any runners or walkers around. But as far as I know, however, no place has any special attention at the moment. We are not quite finished with that pond either. We want to examine all the sludge in the bottom of the pond.

Is it true to say that special attention is being paid to the asylum seekers' centre and an institution for people with psychological problems?
No. Nonsense. Look, they are in the area so we're looking at that, just as we are looking at the McDonald's and that defence area. But there is no indication whatsoever to look at any institution with extra attention.

Do you have any indication that Anne was being attacked by someone or that something else was happening?
No. None of it. And yes, we know that not so long ago there was a robbery near the place where Anne's coat was found. And we take everything into account in the investigation.

BBM

The searches have ended for today. Nothing has been found and it is too dark in the woods to continue.
Searches will be expanded tomorrow.

Have they said what route she would normally cycle?

Roughly, clockwise:

Anne-Faber-route.jpg

Unclear, if she got that far, if she took 9 to 50 or 9 to 85 (numbers in circles).

When she left home for a ride on her bike, it was unclear where she was going. That was at 17.00 hrs on Friday.

At 18.15 she was near 9 or 98.
At 18.45 she was near 64 or 65.

19.30 last signal of phone.
19.50 does not answer app from BF.

On Tuesday, a coat belonging to Anne is found in the area of 85 - 50.

There was no specific route she was following that night, as in - she wasn't going work-home or vice versa, or following a set route for training purposes. She just went for a leisurely bike ride just for fun, and there's many directions one could go for that in the NL, as going for a bike ride like that is very very normal for all ages of the population, and the infrastructure encourages it too.

That said I think they have a pretty good idea where she went between the selfie, phone found switched off and items found... right?

Roughly, clockwise:

attachment.php

Unclear, if she got that far, if she took 9 to 50 or 9 to 85 (numbers in circles).

When she left home for a ride on her bike, it was unclear where she was going. That was at 17.00 hrs on Friday.

At 18.15 she was near 9 or 98.
At 18.45 she was near 64 or 65.

19.30 last signal of phone.
19.50 does not answer app from BF.

On Tuesday, a coat belonging to Anne is found in the area of 85 - 50.
Thanks ZaZara. Are those numbers phone masts? And do they know where the last signal of phone was?

I was just musing really that if she was obstructed/ambushed by someone on foot, the location of her belongings could be a complete red herring if that person then rode her bike away and dumped it far from where she was attacked. I don't see her wearing her backpack in the selfie so perhaps it was strapped onto the parcel carrier. The coat is an issue though, unless the person wore it. The bike could have been dumped to wash away dna. If that did happen, the person would have left the vicinity of the pond on foot and may live near that location. I wonder how good the cctv coverage is in that area.

Also the numbers are part of the bicycle path infrastructure. Using them you can plan your own route or follow a pre-made one. The Dutch 'ANWB' (national traveler's association) is in charge of those and when cycling you will see signs like these:

anwb%3Aw760

https://www.anwb.nl/fietsen/fietsknooppuntroutes

Thanks ZaZara. Are those numbers phone masts? And do they know where the last signal of phone was?

I was just musing really that if she was obstructed/ambushed by someone on foot, the location of her belongings could be a complete red herring if that person then rode her bike away and dumped it far from where she was attacked. I don't see her wearing her backpack in the selfie so perhaps it was strapped onto the parcel carrier. The coat is an issue though, unless the person wore it. The bike could have been dumped to wash away dna. If that did happen, the person would have left the vicinity of the pond on foot and may live near that location. I wonder how good the cctv coverage is in that area.

BBM

ROFLOL no.... these are the nodes of the cycling network.

http://holland.cyclingaroundtheworld.nl/Wheretogo/WhereToGo-Cyclenetworks.html

One of the scenarios is that she was attacked by someone, who first searched te coat and threw it away when it was no longer of interest. Rode away on her bike with the backpack, went through the bag at a quiet location, threw it away in the bushes and dumped the bike in the pond to hide dna and fingerprints.

Person may live near the park, or may have taken the bus. OR belongings may have been dumped as a red herring and the assault happened elsewhere.
Or.... we don't really know at this time.

The police has published two pictures of Anne. One dates from a few months ago, she is wearing the green coat plus a bag with a leather strap.
The other picture is the selfie Anne sent when she was soaking wet during her trip. As far as I can see, she is wearing the backpack, but the one strap that is visible on the left is almost the same colour as the coat.

This is the image I've seen posted of her rucksack.

DLdkX-0W0AAJhVe.jpg:large

Another image I've found online of the same bag has fluorescent straps, which I can't see on her shoulder.

117956670_2-fluoriserende-rugzak-trv-2-5-glow.jpg

BBM

ROFLOL no.... these are the nodes of the cycling network.

http://holland.cyclingaroundtheworld.nl/Wheretogo/WhereToGo-Cyclenetworks.html

One of the scenarios is that she was attacked by someone, who first searched te coat and threw it away when it was no longer of interest. Rode away on her bike with the backpack, went through the bag at a quiet location, threw it away in the bushes and dumped the bike in the pond to hide dna and fingerprints.

Person may live near the park, or may have taken the bus. OR belongings may have been dumped as a red herring and the assault happened elsewhere.
Or.... we don't really know at this time.

The police has published two pictures of Anne. One dates from a few months ago, she is wearing the green coat plus a bag with a leather strap.
The other picture is the selfie Anne sent when she was soaking wet during her trip. As far as I can see, she is wearing the backpack, but the one strap that is visible on the left is almost the same colour as the coat.

Something else to keep in mind when someone is missing and clothing are found is that especially with coats and shirts, the person struggling to get away can have them pulled off. This happened to my son a few years ago. He was threatened in a park and ran for his life. His jeans were cut to shreds from jumping a tall chain link fence, and his shirt and hoodie were pulled off when they caught up to him. Attackers will hold onto clothing to take control, so struggling out of the clothing gives the victim another chance to run. The first thing they took from my son was his cell phone. I phoned as it was happening and the attacker answered the phone and told me what they were going to do my son. Helicopters were swarming the area within minutes from the 911 calls. Very scary.

She may have been attacked / stopped while cycling and realized she was in trouble. Perhaps she ran, but the attacked got hold of her coat. She would probably unzip and let the coat be pulled off. If she was also wearing a backpack, that would have been lost with the coat, but might make losing the coat a little easier. There's also a t-shirt and a question about whether it is related, and the same thing could have happened there. It's not uncommon for victims to lose their clothing while struggling to get free.

Something else to keep in mind when someone is missing and clothing are found is that especially with coats and shirts, the person struggling to get away can have them pulled off. This happened to my son a few years ago. He was threatened in a park and ran for his life. His jeans were cut to shreds from jumping a tall chain link fence, and his shirt and hoodie were pulled off when they caught up to him. Attackers will hold onto clothing to take control, so struggling out of the clothing gives the victim another chance to run. The first thing they took from my son was his cell phone. I phoned as it was happening and the attacker answered the phone and told me what they were going to do my son. Helicopters were swarming the area within minutes from the 911 calls. Very scary.

She may have been attacked / stopped while cycling and realized she was in trouble. Perhaps she ran, but the attacked got hold of her coat. She would probably unzip and let the coat be pulled off. If she was also wearing a backpack, that would have been lost with the coat, but might make losing the coat a little easier. There's also a t-shirt and a question about whether it is related, and the same thing could have happened there. It's not uncommon for victims to lose their clothing while struggling to get free.

O/T I guess, but oh my gosh, otto!! How absolutely terrifying for your son, and especially for YOU to hear the attacker say what they intended to do to him.

I'm afraid to ask, but am really praying he is fine now. Can't begin to imagine the horror of what both of you went through.

So sorry that happened! What a nightmare...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back