Found Deceased Netherlands - Anne Faber, 25, Utrecht, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Might she have still been alive after the initial attack? Maybe not now after so many days, but earlier on. Someone else posted the same thought upthread - that she may not have been killed immediate; may have been alive a day late
If so, Where was she taken?

O/T I guess, but oh my gosh, otto!! How absolutely terrifying for your son, and especially for YOU to hear the attacker say what they intended to do to him.

I'm afraid to ask, but am really praying he is fine now. Can't begin to imagine the horror of what both of you went through.

So sorry that happened! What a nightmare...

Totally off topic, yes, not a rocket scientist, but one of the finest chefs.
Thank you

https://www.politie.nl/nieuws/2017/oktober/8/03-zoektocht-naar-anne-faber-hervat.html

Search for Anne Faber resumed

Latest update:

Huis ter Heide - The police resumed their investigation into the missing Anne Faber at 09.30 on Sunday 8 October. The search team focuses on a new area to the west of the Blookerpark: the area between Amersfoortseweg, Duinweg and Dennenweg.

The search is carried out again by the Mobile Unit (M. E.), supported by Anne's family and acquaintances and Red Cross searchers. In total, the search team consists of approximately 150 people. This means that enough people are involved for the moment to carry out the search in a systematic and careful manner. The police value the involvement of everyone who offers to search. The aid might help the speed of the searches, but it could happen at the expense of precision.

The Forensic Detection is still working this day on the investigation of the sludge from the bottom of the pond in the Blookerpark. This will continue throughout the day. Thursday, October 5th, a bicycle was found in the pond that is almost certainly Anne Faber's.

BBM

[video=twitter;916995501215637504]https://twitter.com/VSchildkamp/status/916995501215637504[/video]

Victor Schildkamp, reporter AD

Searching for #AnneFaber

fgj4dlwtlsyoc.jpg

The search has been called off because it is too dark.
Nothing found today.

Searches will resume tomorrow.

The green Volvo hasn't made it to the official Police report, it does not seem to be very relevant. (If it had been, the reporters would not have mentioned it so as not to jeopardize the investigation.)

DLncBiKW4AETNXg.jpg

Point D on this map indicates the last ping of Anne's phone, at 19.30 hrs.
She is cycling towards the village of Den Dolder at that time.

It is suggested by many armchair detectives that whatever happened to Anne, happened near Den Dolder, and not further south near Huis ter Heide where her coat, bike and backpack were found, and where all the searches are being done.

Journalist and author Michiel Hegener has written a comprehensive theory of why this could be the case and published this on FB. There is no proof that it happened this way, but the scenario has certain elements that are convincing.
So this isn't just something that someone wrote on FB, but a theory that is more serious. Thank you Michiel Hegener for checking and cross-checking and sharing your theory.

https://www.facebook.com/michiel.hegener/posts/10155784880591972

It is almost certain that Anne was attacked near Den Dolder. It is there that we need to look for her and not at Huis ter Heide.
I reach this conclusion as follows:

If you combine the images from the weather radar archive with the satellite photo of the area where at 19:30 the last contact of her phone with the network took place, and if you assume that she cycled at 14 km/h (his speed between Hollandse Rading and Baarn), you can see that, just when the weather started to pour, she was approaching the ecoduct (*) over the railway line, a good hiding place. The cycle path continues under the ecoduct, parallel to the track.

(The time of the last contact was given as 19:30 hours, according to De Telegraaf of 7 October it was 19:28 hours. This hardly makes any difference for this analysis, partly because the cycling speed of 14 km/h is not fixed. Maybe she was riding a bit slower because she was tired after 2.5 hours of cycling, maybe a bit faster because she wanted to be in the inhabited world quickly.

At 19:47 o' clock, her phone didn't work anymore (a whatsapp to her wasn't received), so between 19:30 and 19:47, something must have happened just when she might have been hiding under the ecoduct.
Was there perhaps another hiker or cyclist who was hiding there?

As I see it now: after the attack on her, in the vicinity of the ecoduct, the perpetrator went off on her bike and with her jacket and rucksack. 5 km away (in Huis ter Heide) he threw her bike into the water in the hope that it would never be found, he threw the coat in the bushes by a path in the hope that it would be found and that the police would search in the wrong area, the backpack idem in another, nearby place.

An additional point of consideration is that, if she had reached Den Dolder, Anne would almost certainly have taken the train to Utrecht there because it was raining cats and dogs and because it was quickly getting dark. From Den Dolder to her house in Utrecht was still 10 kilometres so three quarters of an hour of cycling.

And another point: she was, see my maps, around 19:40 in Den Dolder centre if nothing had happened and if she lost no time hiding from the downpour. At 19:47 her phone didn't work anymore, so before 19:47 something must have happened. If she had been cycling 14 km/h from Den Dolder towards Huis ter Heide at 14 km/h, she was at 19:47 a further two kilometres from Huis ter Heide, the place where her bike, jacket and rucksack were found. And if she had taken shelter from the downpour, she would have been at 19:47, at 3 to 5 kilometres from Huis ter Heide.
In other words, it is almost impossible for her to have something happening to her in Huise ter Heide, as the police apparently suspects.
Alternatively, her phone didn't stop functioning because of what happened to her (attacker turned it off or trampled it to pieces) but because the battery was at its end. This means that she left with an almost empty battery. Very unlikely. But if an empty battery has been the cause, she may have arrived to Heide House by bicycle.

And finally-1: From NS Railway Station Den Dolder (that she passed) to Utrecht (Berenkuil) is 9.6 km via Bilthoven and 11.6 via Huis ter Heide. Suppose she wanted to go home by bicycle, and not by train, did she go in the dark and in terrible weather with a detour via Huis ter Heide? Asking the question is the answer.

Finally, a point of great importance for the analysis: Could it be that something happened to her before 19:30?
This would mean that her attacker struck between Baarn, where she sent a selfie at 18:50 and the point where her phone was last detected at 19:28 or 19:30 hrs.
Then he went off there with phone, bicycle, jacket and backpack to Huis ter Heide.
At 19:30 o' clock or 19:28 o' clock he would have crossed the point of the last network ping.
However, the distance from the point of the selfie and the point of last network contact is 8880 meters and Anne's phone took 38 or 40 minutes. At 38 minutes this is exactly 14 km per hour, which is exactly the same as her speed between Hollandse Rading and Baarn.
Conclusion: before 19:30 p. m. (or 19:28 pm), nothing happened to Anne because her phone passed the point of the last network contact exactly at the expected moment.

ecoduct.jpg

BBM

* ecoduct = wildlife crossing, an overpass

In his pictures, Michiel Hegener has combined Anne's route with the weather charts. During the downpour (red shade), Anne would have been near the ecoduct.

I agree with MH that the detour to Huis ter Heide does not make sense if Anne wanted to go home quickly due to the rain. The weather was horrible.

Most likely option: take the train ~ the Dutch have a card like the Oyster card for trains and buses in the entire country.
If wanting to go on cycling: shortest route, Bilthoven, over main roads with street lights.
Most unlikely choice: via Huis ter Heide.

Would an attacker switch off the phone? Very likely, if not, he would leave an incredible trail.

Following ...

Is it possible she was kidnapped and is not in the area at all, I wonder?

Following ...

Is it possible she was kidnapped and is not in the area at all, I wonder?

It is possible, but not likely IMHO. A kidnapper (or kidnappers) would not bother with the bike. They would either take it or leave it, but they would have no need to hide it in a pond. Same goes for the jacket and the backpack, the easiest would be to take those with them.

It looks like whoever was involved had no need for the jacket and the bag after he took what he wanted, and he could not afford to be seen with the items, so he possibly does not live alone.

It looks like whoever was involved had no need for the jacket and the bag after he took what he wanted, and he could not afford to be seen with the items, so he possibly does not live alone.

Alternatively, he didn't want to keep the items on his person as he was planning on getting the train. Trains and train stations have CCTV more often than not. Someone trawling through CCTV footage of the evening of the incident would quite possibly see someone with the items and recognise them, causing a positive ID on the perpetrator. I believe it's possible that he thought it'd be easier to manage by placing the items and bike in random locations and trying to 'throw off' the local LE search.

Alternatively, he didn't want to keep the items on his person as he was planning on getting the train. Trains and train stations have CCTV more often than not. Someone trawling through CCTV footage of the evening of the incident would quite possibly see someone with the items and recognise them, causing a positive ID on the perpetrator. I believe it's possible that he thought it'd be easier to manage by placing the items and bike in random locations and trying to 'throw off' the local LE search.

Thank you for the insights!

Is it common for bikes to be tossed into canals and water in the NL?
I think the bike was put in the water to hide it. Without the bike, no one would know for sure where she was abducted.

In my theory she is buried because she has the dna of the killer on her, which will degrade over time if she is not found soon. Which means the killer is dna aware, has possible previous conviction - someone slightly older.

He wanted to plant a distraction by moving the bag (and clothing?) to a different area, to cause the searches to be in the wrong place and possibly because he lives or works near the scene of the crime. Otherwise he could have just buried the bag or left it hidden with her body. He needed the bike to get away to plant the belongings and had to ride it to move it. He may have taken the coat to cover over her fluorescent back pack strapped on the bike, which would make people notice him. He hid the bike in the lake to add further distraction (whereas I'm thinking the bag and coat weren't so well hidden, he wanted them found but didn't want to travel further afield than he had to because of logistics of getting back home or he could have gone miles further afield) - the police might think she or he had got away on it if they couldn't find the bike, and have a much bigger mystery and country to search. The culprit then had to get home, either used public transport or was a good walker and knew the area well.

All of which points to someone who is 'criminal aware' (previous) and not low IQ. This could rule out quite a few suspects.

The more I think about it the more I think he would have walked home across countryside and not used public transport, hence the reason for not traveling further away to dump the belongings and bike. If he'd just attacked Anne and buried her with all that mud and rain and possible scratches he would have stood out on public transport as noticeably filthy.

Apologies for the multiple postings!

I strongly believe she will be near where her phone last pinged. Because if she was attacked before that he wouldn't have had time to attack her and hide her body as well as move her phone's location to where it pinged for the last time. Anne wouldn't switch off her phone while being attacked - he must have done that.

[video=twitter;917314857476685824]https://twitter.com/mgeijtenbeek/status/917314857476685824[/video]

The army joins the search for #AnneFaber. Many soldiers on their way to Den Dolder.

BBM

[video=twitter;917326951647535104]https://twitter.com/PolitieUtrecht/status/917326951647535104[/video]

Police Utrecht

Today we are searching for #AnneFaber between #HuisterHeide and #DenDolder. First at the west side of the N238 and then we start searching at the east side.

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back