New allegations: Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a thread started on these new allegations, if one was already started mod's please move as needed.

I find this to be very telling if Baez has to turn over his laptop if the SA request it. So much can be learned by the emails that Cindy and Casey exchanged IMO.
Baez does not care what rules he breaks, as long as he is not barred from practicing law IMO. Why would someone do the things he does? Why risk his career over a client?

IMO, because he can. It seems that now a days Lawyers get away with so much. Regardless of how many "Bar" complaints are filed, and Baez has had his share and has not be penalized for anything. The "Bar" found no grounds to any of the past claims and the cases were closed.

The letter-passing, email passing, and bringing in contraband by Jose was definitely a no-no and he knew it and continued to do so! , He could definitely get in trouble for it per the law. But will he? He didn't get in trouble in the past.

I would like to know where this will go with the Anthony family lying under oath regarding their contact with Casey. Most likely, there will be no perjury-obstruction charges against them either and that to is something I don't understand.
I hope the SA can get their hands on those letters and or emails, and have the judge grant a motion for Jose to turn over his lap top as well. Casey did mention that Cindy emailed Jose and he would pass on the email to Casey in jail.
Also, remember Lee at Caylee's memorial with the "CMA" I will keep my promise to you...blah blah...I now feel even stronger that Lee was talking to Casey knowing that Baez would deliver the message. I would like to know what promise Lee made to Casey.

Again, This is a Big No NO Baez and I hope you get more than a slap on the hand! I hope all gets exposed!! I really wonder what all Cindy had to say to Casey..did she admit knowing Caylee was no longer alive and so fourth...
:praying: Lord, I pray the SA files a motion requesting the information off of Baez's computer! That would be another Bombshell of the many that are still out there IMO.

BBM

The only problem I see with this is that the hard drive or whatever its called has probably been changed and the original either distroyed or hidden

P. 112 of the transcript of police interview with River - just read this little portion

CE I mean through the lawyer like, him.. The lawyer communicates just verbally or does he take letters to the jail for them?
KH All the time.
CE All the time what?
KH Letters.
CE Tell me about that.
SA WE...there’s a lot a stuff we know the answer to what we’re asking you about. What we need is you to tell us what you know about?. . .
KH She put her frigging, that wrist thing in the thing on purpose. That wasn’t an accident. He (GA) said that was on purpose.
CE The purple wrist band that at.
KH Yes.
CE The hearing?
KH Yeah.
CE Jose took in to her, in the jail? See there’s a difference between attorney/client privilege. And Jose and Casey talking and not being able to record that or talk about that. But when Jose takes letters into the jail from the parents that’s contraband. It’s a no, no.

If the prosecutors or bar wanted to see what was on Jose Baez's computer the court could hire a Master, a neutral party to go through the files and see if anything is relevant. Anything that is atty-client privelege would not be disclosed. Just the pertinent items would be disclosed to the proper authority.

This is done quite often.

JMO

Baez is busy wiping his hard drive as we speak (lol) I'm truly miffed as to how they have gotten away with as much as they have thus far. It seems the law is much like cindy's mothering skills. Never holding their feet to the fire when they do wrong. MOO

I am SOOOOO glad to see that media finally starting mentioning KC's remarks about the letters being brought back and forth by JB. He fought hard to get to take his laptop in to his meetings and I guess we know why now. He should be punished but I have the feeling he will not. I am not sure if the SA could force him to turn over his laptop because he would claim the laptop contains attorney/client privilege documents. Even if he did not have his laptop he could still bring in letters and emails from her family to her in his files and her act like she was reading documents just like she did in court last week when she was looking through that file on the desk.

And what is getting on my last nerve right now is all the haranguing and complaining and pity partying by the As saying how they cannot visit their daughter, communicate with their daughter because of the jail's insistence on videotaping. IIRC, did the As not request a private visit as well? All the while, they were communicating privately with her and even perjuring themselves to that effect.

Some of us suspected that at the memorial the laptop that Lee was using during his speech conveyed image and sound to the perp via Baez's laptop.

These are all older letters. I am sure he put a kabosh to the computer exchanges and switched to letters only when accusations began back then. I would imagine that laptop sits in the bottom of the ocean by now. He probably has a new one that is cleaner than a whistle.

These are all older letters. I am sure he put a kabosh to the computer exchanges and switched to letters only when accusations began back then. I would imagine that laptop sits in the bottom of the ocean by now. He probably has a new one that is cleaner than a whistle.
I agree....He probably had Lee dump it overboard on the cruise He and Mallory took with the A's....

Why would we believe this part of Casey's letters, but not anything else she says?
She can mail letters out anytime she wants to, they can mail letters in anytime they want to, getting JB involved is completely unnecessary. jmo

Sending messages through JB would bypass the prison reading them though, wouldn't it?

:waitasec: Didn't one of the attorney say recently they had to purchase new computers at the indigent hearing?

But...we have such great new techknowlogy...wouldn't the FBI or whom ever it is that works on the computers be able to retrieve everything through Baez's IP addresses? I hope.. :crossfingers:

Question to one of our or any of our wonder lawyer persons: I'll post over on the question thread too.

I know that LE can't just delve into matters between KC and JB due to privilege. WHAT ABOUT IF A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF JB IS GOING ON? How does that affect the KC/JB communications? If it was during a commission of a "crime"?

Baez is busy wiping his hard drive as we speak (lol) I'm truly miffed as to how they have gotten away with as much as they have thus far. It seems the law is much like cindy's mothering skills. Never holding their feet to the fire when they do wrong. MOO

more would have to be done besides wiping it....he needs to grab one of ca's hammers......

New allegations are surfacing that Anthony attorney Jose Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to his client.
April 8, 2010
<snipped>

In her letters, Casey Anthony wrote, "My attorney is keeping tabs on my family for me, and exchanging letters between us.

" In another letter, Anthony claims her attorney is trying to "smuggle" in some word search puzzles.

Outside the attorney's entrance at the jail, a sign clearly states that "Attorneys are not authorized to convey to an inmate any written communication of a personal nature."
Baez has declined comment since the letters were released.

More at Article link: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23085002/detail.html

:dance: To defend a person on her level, one must also sink to the level....

What does it take to get someone disbarred? I mean really. This guy is beyond incompetent and crass. Just because your "an officer of the court" should not mean you can break any rule you choose without any consequences.

Besides, anything introduced to an inmate outside of the rules is considered contraband. That would most definitely result in someone/anyone else from the outside doing the same thing to be arrested and charged for promoting prison contraband. I don't get it. I guess attorneys are "above the law".

I was wondering that too. I mean, this WILL be investigated, right?? I can't imagine anyone paying attention in the bar association would see fit to allow Baez to represent another murderer on a capital case, or even practice law. His lies are verifiable and numerous and he's broken scads of rules along the way. Either this stuff is taken seriously or it is not.

When I read the letters I was surprised, because Baez is her attorney and is talking to her about love and how someday she will find it. Seems like these two are to close than a attorney client relationship should be. She go's on about having crushes and the dimples. Sounds like client is manipulating attorney. And he is falling for it. Casey even said he guaranteed she would find love. I thought the same thing when I read those letters that he could possibly end up in trouble.

It sounds like mutual transference. I wouldn't doubt it.:snooty: imo,oc.

With everything else strange about this whole sordid mess..............:waitasec:

I don't think he will get so much as a slap on the wrist. These latest revelations in Casey's letters regarding Bozo's conduct will probably never be acknowledged in court, by the judge or the SA.

I believe someone should hold him accountable for lying UNDER OATH in regards to WHO ABC gave that money to. This is not the first time Bozo has lied, and won't be his last. I am really beginning to despise defense attorneys. I wonder how this group sleeps at night.

Please do not let this man taint your impression of what defense attorneys do or what they stand for! This man is a joke, he is not about defending his clients.. he is a con man through and through!! Defense lawyers (even court appointed ones!) are not all like JoseB, not even close. IMO It's a rare few that are (and sadly I have known my share lol) the reason we hear of the bad ones is because it doesn't happen all the time- so a big deal is made out of it.. like a plane crash, ya know?

Most defense attorneys are good people who want to see justice.

:dance: To defend a person on her level, one must also sink to the level....

JoseB was always on her "level".. dude was thousands (I don't remember the exact amount it's been a long time since all that stuff came out) behind in child support (but he drove a beautiful new expensive car) failed the bar exam at least once, outright lied about his trial experience on his website- was told (by the bar I think) to remove it and he didn't remove it, he simply moved it to another spot that was harder to find. I'm sure the thread about him and all this stuff still here I'm just too lazy to search

They are a perfect match, Casey and JoseB.

I completely believe that this 'smuggling' is occurring, not just because of the supporting statements across the involved parties but also this is completely their MO. The A's would risk anything / everything to get one over LE and further their sense of entitlement.

The question is, were they handwritten letters or was everything done on JB's notebook computer as emails and thus a loophole?

Remember JB petitioned to allow him to bring his computer into the jail since so much was held electronically -- so this reduces the clarity of 'contraband' and what's personal communication versus extended Defense (A family) strategy and collusion.

Do they keep records or are they deleted? They only have the comments of the guilty, no independent witness -- so can they base a charge on statements they may deny?

I wonder if they said "flushie flushie" at the end.

If they ever do sell that house and it happens to be after one of them passes away (george or cindy), whomever buys it will hopefully have a good saw that cuts through dry wall. People hide things behind the wall all the time, and it's found years later.

Someone's thinking it was Cindy that said they had NOT communicated with Casey - I'm thinking the same thing. I am searching the back of my brain and all I can associate with it at the moment is some conversation about how the Blanchard Park story got started. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Somebody was questioning Cindy about whether or not they could have spoken since Casey was in jail and she denied it. The line of questioning was looking for a specific thing they would have discussed, like a change of story. Gosh. where to start looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16