New allegations: Baez also broke jail rules by secretly passing messages to Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Casey has such a documented history of falsehood, why believe that she is telling the truth with THESE statements? Remember, "The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."

I'm not comfortable with choosing to believe some things she says, although, as they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I believe what Casey said about the smuggling letters because her parents and brother and Conway admitted as much. Also, because there is solid EVIDENCE that this smuggling happened with the FACT of the American Greeting card which Casey only got by having "someone" smuggle it in to her, along with the "make-shift friendship bracelet". These are things that can be confirmed by means other than Casey's words.

I believe what Casey said about the smuggling letters because her parents and brother and Conway admitted as much. Also, because there is solid EVIDENCE that this smuggling happened with the FACT of the American Greeting card which Casey only got by having "someone" smuggle it in to her, along with the "make-shift friendship bracelet". These are things that can be confirmed by means other than Casey's words.

Do we know for sure that greeting cards cannot be purchased at the commissary? Have we seen the makeshift friendship bracelet, or do we just have Casey's word that it exists (and if Robyn has it, has the chain of custody been maintained)?

hells's Belle said:
Since Casey has such a documented history of falsehood, why believe that she is telling the truth with THESE statements? Remember, "The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."

Due to each and every player finding it exhilarating to breaking all the rules and getting one over on everyone. I do beleive the Anthony's have not gone over a year and a half with no communications with her. They don't want it recorded and made available to the public. I do believe, Baez is taking letters in and out of the jail for his client, he is without ethics, his morals are for going against the rules/law. Once he is under scrutiny for this and I'm willing to say, someone will file some violations against him. He views himself as an officer of the court but do all officers of the court find it necessary to break the rules?? NO, he should be making sure everything is on the up and up, nothing to bring up against his already tarnished image...to tarnish it further..It will come back to haunt him, JMHO.

Justice for Caylee

the cynical part of me asks why she wants correspendence with her molesting father/brother and enabling mother who bought the cholorform?

I feel your frustration with Casey coming through loud and clear kbl. There are no reference in the letters about the chloroform, that was a lie told by Roybn or the other prisoner. I know, where does it end right? Now we not only have to wade through all the Casey lies but we have lies told about the liar and her lies from other liars.

Making me dizzy over here. When can we get off this crazy ride? :sick:

The "makeshift friendship bracelet" may have been made out of paper, by Casey - as she mentions "stickers and crafts." Her sentence is of course confusingly worded and hard to understand though - I think she may be saying the American Greetings card was smuggled in and the friendship bracelet is one of her crafts, of which there are more to come.

MOO.

Due to each and every player finding it exhilarating to breaking all the rules and getting one over on everyone. I do beleive the Anthony's have not gone over a year and a half with no communications with her. They don't want it recorded and made available to the public. I do believe, Baez is taking letters in and out of the jail for his client, he is without ethics, his morals are for going against the rules/law. Once he is under scrutiny for this and I'm willing to say, someone will file some violations against him. He views himself as an officer of the court but do all officers of the court find it necessary to break the rules?? NO, he should be making sure everything is on the up and up, nothing to bring up against his already tarnished image...to tarnish it further..It will come back to haunt him, JMHO.

Justice for Caylee

It would not surprise me a bit if it turns out Jose Baez was violating jail policy. However, I will not take Casey Anthony's word for it.

I bet the question is #1 on Kathi Belich's to do list, when she sees Baez next.

Where I worked, the only letters in an inmates outgoing mail that can be sealed by the inmate are legal letters. IF a letter is to an attorney, it had to be addressed as such, the inmate can seal it herself/himself.

All incoming mail to an inmate from an attorney with the attorney's official address printed as on professional stationary (envelope) cannot be opened by anyone other than the inmate it is addressed to. There is a computer program whereby the legal mail is recorded under the inmates name and the attorney/court it is from. Then then inmate has to sign for it at mail call. The inmate has to open the legal mail in front of an officer and shake the pages out to show there is no contraband in it. The envelope is then shaken by the officer to see if there is any contraband in it.

IF proper and unexpected shakedowns are done on a cell or dorm, Casey's letters would have been found, IMO. Even ones she would have been in the middle of writing. I understand no proper names were used, tho. If Casey had been caught flushing paper (letters/notes) down the tiolet, she would have been in trouble. One sanction could have been no commissary for X number of days or no TV time.

As for Baez being allowed to bring in his laptop - I am just amazed. I cannot believe any judge would allow it. IF Baez smuggled letters in or out of the jail for Casey, then he is no better than the criminals he represents, IMO. He should be in trouble too.

As for the female guard; if she will break one rule, she will most likely break others. She should be fired, IMO. Every rule in a correctional facility is there for a reason, but mostly for security purposes. What if Adams had choked or killed Casey when the female officer alledgedly let Adams in her cell? This female officer should be fired, IMO. No if's, ands, or buts about it. She jeopardized the security of the facility, IMO. This sort of thing just infuriates me.

MOO

Thank you LaLaw2000. I tried to explain the whole legal mail, how prisoners and attorneys' written correspondence is kept confidential a while back but I think it was over on the threads before the letters actually were released.

Besides, you just explained it much more thouroughly than I did then :)

IMO, Baez should be booted (literally) off this case and not allowed to practice law at all. He would be better suited to be a bail bondsman!

I thought these issues were addressed early on, by the Court? I seem to remember there was a lot of ruckus, and some behind the scenes hearings with the Judge?

And, there was some sort of earlier bar complaint against JB in this case, but I don't remember what all it covered, and I think an attorney filed it???? Anyone remember?

Those were other allegations...

Florida Bar Throws Out Jose Baez Investigation
Posted: 5:19 pm EST January 26, 2009
Updated: 6:03 pm EST January 26, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A Florida Bar investigation into Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, has been thrown out. Baez's team was accused of making some nasty statements about public officials in the case, including prosecutors.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18568351/detail.html

I also beleive an ethics violation was place against him for allegedly telling DC not to alert authories if he found Caylee's remains.

The second investigation deals with Baez possibly violating advertising rules, where he claimed to have more credentials and experience than he really did.

The two complaints are in addition to an informal complaint made to the State Attorney's Office. Sources told Eyewitness News there are allegations that Baez maybe using entertainment deals to fund his defense team.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18541911/detail.html

Where I worked, the only letters in an inmates outgoing mail that can be sealed by the inmate are legal letters. IF a letter is to an attorney, it had to be addressed as such, the inmate can seal it herself/himself.

All incoming mail to an inmate from an attorney with the attorney's official address printed as on professional stationary (envelope) cannot be opened by anyone other than the inmate it is addressed to. There is a computer program whereby the legal mail is recorded under the inmates name and the attorney/court it is from. Then then inmate has to sign for it at mail call. The inmate has to open the legal mail in front of an officer and shake the pages out to show there is no contraband in it. The envelope is then shaken by the officer to see if there is any contraband in it.

IF proper and unexpected shakedowns are done on a cell or dorm, Casey's letters would have been found, IMO. Even ones she would have been in the middle of writing. I understand no proper names were used, tho. If Casey had been caught flushing paper (letters/notes) down the tiolet, she would have been in trouble. One sanction could have been no commissary for X number of days or no TV time.

As for Baez being allowed to bring in his laptop - I am just amazed. I cannot believe any judge would allow it. IF Baez smuggled letters in or out of the jail for Casey, then he is no better than the criminals he represents, IMO. He should be in trouble too.

As for the female guard; if she will break one rule, she will most likely break others. She should be fired, IMO. Every rule in a correctional facility is there for a reason, but mostly for security purposes. What if Adams had choked or killed Casey when the female officer alledgedly let Adams in her cell? This female officer should be fired, IMO. No if's, ands, or buts about it. She jeopardized the security of the facility, IMO. This sort of thing just infuriates me.

MOO

Not to mention allowing an accused murderer access to scissors... :innocent:

The "makeshift friendship bracelet" may have been made out of paper, by Casey - as she mentions "stickers and crafts." Her sentence is of course confusingly worded and hard to understand though - I think she may be saying the American Greetings card was smuggled in and the friendship bracelet is one of her crafts, of which there are more to come.

MOO.

Does anyone else remember the time that a bracelet was brought in and found tucked into her clothes? I believe it was a "Caylee" one and they found it on one of her court dates? Could this be the one she is talking about?

It would not surprise me a bit if it turns out Jose Baez was violating jail policy. However, I will not take Casey Anthony's word for it.

What's JB going to say in his defense, though?

"Your Honor, my client is a liar"

He's in a no-win situation if they decide to pursue this. Plus, statements from other back-up this "smuggling" allegation.

Not to mention allowing an accused murderer access to scissors... :innocent:

Geez! I cannot believe that one either! How could I have forgotten to mention scissors? Would have made a nice little murder weapon for Casey and the female officer.

How can they NOT fire this officer?

He's in a no-win situation if they decide to pursue this. Plus, statements from other back-up this "smuggling" allegation.

I love it, rofl!

It appears to be a third-degree felony in Fla. to sneak "any written or recorded communication" into a jail:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0944/Sec47.HTM

It would also violate the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct (ethics rules for attorneys):

Rule 4-8.4 Misconduct
A lawyer shall not:

(b) commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects;

(c) engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation;

It appears to be a third-degree felony in Fla. to sneak "any written or recorded communication" into a jail:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0944/Sec47.HTM

It would also violate the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct (ethics rules for attorneys):

Rule 4-8.4 Misconduct
A lawyer shall not:

(b) commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects;

(c) engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation;

AZ: Do you think it's possible that CM came on-board because JB thinks he may have to step down?

except that jb doens't use "Your Honor"---its always "Judge"....

AZ: Do you think it's possible that CM came on-board because JB thinks he may have to step down?

Maybe. But I think more likely AL doesn't want to be involved in the nitty-gritty trial prep and JB needed someone competent to do depositions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16