New book coming out by Paula Woodward

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just going through that Ramseys/PW interview I posted earlier and noticed something. This took place while they were promoting DOI and PW mentions Gov. Bill Owens' famous comments about the Rs hiding behind their lawyers, so it took place around Oct. 27, 1999. Check out Patsy's response to a question about the pineapple listed on the autopsy report at 7:50
"Well, I have not specifically read the autopsy report but it is my understanding that they are not definitive about whether the substance in her digestive system was pineapple or not."
http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...hos-who-in-the-jonbenet-ramsey-case/339914819

So she hasn't read the report but she has an "understanding" that there's controversy over whether it's pineapple ie: someone must have told her that. It jumped out at me that she came up with that because besides PW recently I can't recall anyone in anything I've read disputing that it was pineapple. Even Lou Smit felt compelled to fit it into his intruder theory even though it was ridiculous.

now you all know that's just Patsyspeak for "bugaboo"

more fruit from the 12/29/96 search warrant:

Your Affiant is aware that Detective Steve Ainsworth of the Boulder County Sheriff's Department was assisting in the processing of the Ramsey residence on December 28, 1996. Detective Ainsworth told Your Affiant that the video inside the compact video camera depicted children washing fruit in the kitchen. He said this tape was dated August of 1996. He also told Your Affiant that there as another compact video tape located next to the compact video camera that is in the kitchen. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that he saw a standard size Betamax video camera. Betamax video tapes, and Betamax player/recorder in the main floor study of the residence.

more fruit from the 12/29/96 search warrant:

Your Affiant is aware that Detective Steve Ainsworth of the Boulder County Sheriff's Department was assisting in the processing of the Ramsey residence on December 28, 1996. Detective Ainsworth told Your Affiant that the video inside the compact video camera depicted children washing fruit in the kitchen. He said this tape was dated August of 1996. He also told Your Affiant that there as another compact video tape located next to the compact video camera that is in the kitchen. Officer Yamaguchi told Your Affiant that he saw a standard size Betamax video camera. Betamax video tapes, and Betamax player/recorder in the main floor study of the residence.

Police Chief Mark Beckner was trying to get Steve Ainsworth kicked off the investigation for being unprofessional.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2001/15llett1.html

I do wonder what exactly was collected in the search warrants and if we'll ever know the truth.

Other than the little tidbits we get trickling out from time to time, it will never happen. In order for all the evidence to be made public, it would have to be presented in court when someone is tried for one of the crimes. And we should all know by now that that will never happen. As a result, all evidence will be sealed forever because it is considered an open investigation. Without a trial, without a confession and closure of the case, it will forever remain an "open investigation." Add to this that because of the statutory secrecy of GJ proceedings, anything presented to the GJ will never be made public. That's one of the things Hunter's decision to convene the GJ did to keep the evidence from being known to the public.

I was just going through that Ramseys/PW interview I posted earlier and noticed something. This took place while they were promoting DOI and PW mentions Gov. Bill Owens' famous comments about the Rs hiding behind their lawyers, so it took place around Oct. 27, 1999. Check out Patsy's response to a question about the pineapple listed on the autopsy report at 7:50
"Well, I have not specifically read the autopsy report but it is my understanding that they are not definitive about whether the substance in her digestive system was pineapple or not."
http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...hos-who-in-the-jonbenet-ramsey-case/339914819

So she hasn't read the report but she has an "understanding" that there's controversy over whether it's pineapple ie: someone must have told her that. It jumped out at me that she came up with that because besides PW recently I can't recall anyone in anything I've read disputing that it was pineapple. Even Lou Smit felt compelled to fit it into his intruder theory even though it was ridiculous.

DrollForeignFaction,
BBM: Of course she has read the AR. Lin Wood would have pointed out that the contents of JonBenet's digestive system have not been led in court as evidence, so only constitute opinion, i.e. LW wants it tested again.

Same story with JR's fibers, BPD say they are JR's. LW can say have they been scientifically tested, can I see the method and data, we need to replicate this etc.

So LW tells Patsy to promote the pinapple unsubstantiated position. If that fails just say you cannot remember, or in political jargon, that is not a number I recognize.

But I might tomorrow in court!

In order for all the evidence to be made public, it would have to be presented in court when someone is tried for one of the crimes. And we should all know by now that that will never happen.

Supposing, just supposing, that the Fleet Whites know a lot more about this case than anyone can imagine. I mean about the perpetrator.

They must have been surprised to see Patsy wearing exactly the same outfit as she had been wearing to their party, when they knew she never wore the same clothes two days running, especially her good party clothes.

Fleet White must have been quite shocked when John went straight to the cellar room and 'discovered' JBR's body, when he knew he had already checked the room and JBR was not in there. (John had no idea Fleet had already looked there - he found out a long while afterwards).

Then there was the ransom note. I wouldn't mind betting that the FW's saw Patsy's personality all over that note. They would have been very familiar with her scrawlings and acronyms.

Plus......pure speculation here...but it wouldn't surprise me if the R's (especially Patsy) blurted out a few things to them when they were staying with them. And Burke may have said something that gave the game away.

The FW's held their tongues. It was up to the R's to come clean and tell the police the truth.

Fleet attempted - many times - to beg the R's to give police interviews and TELL THE TRUTH. I believe this is what caused the huge rift between them.

John knew that the Whites knew roughly what had occurred that night. This is why the R's attempted to discredit the Whites by underhand methods.

Other than the little tidbits we get trickling out from time to time, it will never happen. In order for all the evidence to be made public, it would have to be presented in court when someone is tried for one of the crimes. And we should all know by now that that will never happen. As a result, all evidence will be sealed forever because it is considered an open investigation. Without a trial, without a confession and closure of the case, it will forever remain an "open investigation." Add to this that because of the statutory secrecy of GJ proceedings, anything presented to the GJ will never be made public. That's one of the things Hunter's decision to convene the GJ did to keep the evidence from being known to the public.

otg,
Well stranger things have happened. If the case is PDI or JDI, I reckon BR will let the world know whenever he feels safe enough to do so.

After all, retired police detective Steve Hodel argues in his book The Black Dahlia Avenger that his father, George Hill Hodel, Jr., was the Black Dahlia killer.

Once JR leaves us, it will be open season for the JonBenet case. Evidence will filter out. Fleet White might give an interview, I cannot see him passing on without telling the world what his opinion is.

Once JR leaves us, it will be open season for the JonBenet case. Evidence will filter out. Fleet White might give an interview, I cannot see him passing on without telling the world what his opinion is.

I've also thought of that - but BR can never now own up to killing JBR (if indeed he did kill her) because it would mean re-paying all that lovely cash that he received fro the tabloids, way back in 2000-2001. If he wins this latest court case then he would have to re-pay that money as well.

As long as BR is alive there will be lawyers working for him. People like LW.

Good point, UKGuy, of course she's read the report. I just remembered she admits it to Haney in 1998, about a year before she claimed she hadn't "specifically" read it (whatever that means). It's after she talks about seeing a "pretty well drawn little heart" on JB's hand the MORNING of the "kidnapping". It's one of my favorite Patsy slip-ups. The next day she comes back and corrects herself saying maybe she didn't SEE anything after all, she just imagined it after reading the AR.

25 And truthfully, I can't -- I am having trouble
1 distinguishing whether I have read about that or
2 whether I actually saw that. I just recently
3 read parts of the autopsy report, and I believe
4 that was on there. And I just, you know, now I
5 have a picture of a heart on her hand and I
6 can't remember whether I actually saw it or --
http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, UKGuy, of course she's read the report. I just remembered she admits it to Haney in 1998, about a year before she claimed she hadn't "specifically" read it (whatever that means). It's after she talks about seeing a "pretty well drawn little heart" on JB's hand the MORNING of the "kidnapping". It's one of my favorite Patsy slip-ups. The next day she comes back and corrects herself saying maybe she didn't SEE anything after all, she just imagined it after reading the AR.

25 And truthfully, I can't -- I am having trouble
1 distinguishing whether I have read about that or
2 whether I actually saw that. I just recently
3 read parts of the autopsy report, and I believe
4 that was on there. And I just, you know, now I
5 have a picture of a heart on her hand and I
6 can't remember whether I actually saw it or --
http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

DrollForeignFaction,
That's it. Whenever you hear the R's saying Oh I forget, Cannot remember, etc. You know their backtracking, they do it all the time. LW must have told them never admit anything, just deny, forget or do not recognize.

Since in court the magical powers of recollection can assist on the stand.

I've also thought of that - but BR can never now own up to killing JBR (if indeed he did kill her) because it would mean re-paying all that lovely cash that he received fro the tabloids, way back in 2000-2001. If he wins this latest court case then he would have to re-pay that money as well.

It would be nice if this were true, but it isn't. No matter what happens, Burke will never have to pay back full and final settlements from the past.

It would be nice if this were true, but it isn't. No matter what happens, Burke will never have to pay back full and final settlements from the past.

But the tabloids could sue Burke if it turns out they were correct in their accusations (that he was responsible for killing his sister) - couldn't they?

But the tabloids could sue Burke if it turns out they were correct in their accusations (that he was responsible for killing his sister) - couldn't they?

Both parties relinquish any rights to pursue further judicial remedies once an out-of-court settlement agreement is reached.

Both parties relinquish any rights to pursue further judicial remedies once an out-of-court settlement agreement is reached.

The law must be different in the USA to the UK.

If a tabloid awards money to somebody on a libel charge, and then later that person admits to the crime they were being accused of,or the case goes to appeal and the tabloid wins, they can reclaim their money, plus costs.

I'm thinking specifically of the Jeffrey Archer case.

The law must be different in the USA to the UK.

If a tabloid awards money to somebody on a libel charge, and then later that person admits to the crime they were being accused of,or the case goes to appeal and the tabloid wins, they can reclaim their money, plus costs.

I'm thinking specifically of the Jeffrey Archer case.

I don't know anything about the UK's laws, although I do know its defamation laws are very different from those of the US.

But note that neither Burke nor his parents have ever been awarded damages by a judge or jury. Any payment made to them was voluntary on the part of the people or entities they sued. In the case of out-of-court settlements both parties agree to terminate all further judicial remedies related to the case.

I recently went back over the CBS segment where Jim Clemente tried to talk to Hunter, where he was evasive. I'm more convinced than ever now that something (God knows what) came out in the Grand Jury hearings that Alex Hunter REALLY does not want people to know about. At least, not until after he's dead.

Sorry if I've missed this, but does PW's book say anything about the oversized Bloomies JB was wearing or the package they were in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back