New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My children attend PPS, so I am very familiar with the forms. The parents are listed first, along with their contact information, then there are up to 3 "emergency contacts" listed. I think that is where Desiree's info was. There is absolutely no indication that Kaine or Terri were not listed as "contacts" on his registration form.

DESIREE YOUNG: I got a phone call from the school, and she said, ‘Is this Desiree Young?' And I said, `Yes it is.' And she said, `You're listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman?' And I said, `Yeah, he's my son. What could I do?' And she said, `I have to notify you, he's missing.' And for a split second I thought it was a joke, and I said, `What?' She said, `He's missing.' I said, `I don't understand. How could he be missing?' I said, `OK, where is Terri and Kaine?' `Well, Terri's here.' `All right. Thank you.' And I hung up with her, and immediately called Terri, and I cussed a little bit, said, `What the hell's going on?' And she said that they went to the science fair and everything was fine and she waved goodbye to him, and he went into his class, or so she thought.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

Respectfully, we know no such thing. PPS hasn't said anything about that one way or the other.

We do know. Kaine didn't know his child wasn't at school. He would be listed on the contact sheet as Kyron's father. In fact, it has been one of the primary defenses of the school that the assumption was that Terri took Kyron with her. The school didn't follow up. That is inescapable.

We do know. Kaine didn't know his child wasn't at school. He would be listed on the contact sheet as Kyron's father. In fact, it has been one of the primary defenses of the school that the assumption was that Terri took Kyron with her. The school didn't follow up. That is inescapable.

Maybe they tried calling Terri and she didn't answer her phone. I think we will have to wait until Terri is finally on trial to find out everything because PPS is just not going to tell us anything right now.

Maybe they tried calling Terri and she didn't answer her phone. I think we will have to wait until Terri is finally on trial to find out everything because PPS is just not going to tell us anything right now.

And I think the parents have done an exceptional job in stating that THEY were the parents and Terri was not, leaving me with no doubt that Kaine and Desiree were listed as the contacts. They have dismissed at every turn any suggestion that Terri was anything more than just another adult in Kyron's life. Why would she be on the contact list? Dateline again reinforces that the school didn't react as they should have when a child wasn't in school.

DESIREE YOUNG: I got a phone call from the school, and she said, ‘Is this Desiree Young?' And I said, `Yes it is.' And she said, `You're listed as the emergency notification for Kyron Horman?' And I said, `Yeah, he's my son. What could I do?' And she said, `I have to notify you, he's missing.' And for a split second I thought it was a joke, and I said, `What?' She said, `He's missing.' I said, `I don't understand. How could he be missing?' I said, `OK, where is Terri and Kaine?' `Well, Terri's here.' `All right. Thank you.' And I hung up with her, and immediately called Terri, and I cussed a little bit, said, `What the hell's going on?' And she said that they went to the science fair and everything was fine and she waved goodbye to him, and he went into his class, or so she thought.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

Thank you. This supports what I just said. That Desiree was listed as an emergency contact. The Mom and Dad slots were no doubt taken by Kaine and Terri since Kyron lived with them. That would make sense. Desiree, since she lived so far away, would be the emergency contact. Different thing.

On my child's form, my husband and I are listed as the parents/guardians. Then my grown children and a neighbor are listed as the emergency contacts. They would not call my grown children or neighbor first. They would call my husband or me first.

And I think the parents have done an exceptional job in stating that THEY were the parents and Terri was not, leaving me with no doubt that Kaine and Desiree were listed as the contacts. They have dismissed at every turn any suggestion that Terri was anything more than just another adult in Kyron's life. Why would she be on the contact list? Dateline again reinforces that the school didn't react as they should have when a child wasn't in school.

Because he lived with Terri?

Because he lived with Terri?

Again, the parents have convinced me they never considered Terri a parent to Kyron, only another adult. That his parenting came from Desiree and Kaine. They reconvinced me in this show last night. THEY are the parents. Terri was not.

Again, the parents have convinced me they never considered Terri a parent to Kyron, only another adult. That his parenting came from Desiree and Kaine. They reconvinced me in this show last night. THEY are the parents. Terri was not.

So you are convinced that Terri was not listed as a contact on the school registration sheet at all? Even though she supposedly volunteered there all the time? You think the school was instructed to call Desiree if Kyron got sick?

Can't say I saw that or got that impression at all. I think there are some step parent issues somewhere that are playing into this debate, albeit not verbalized. Some seem to think that because Terri is a step parent that thats why she's being focused on. That 'villification' thing. Yet others would correctly point out that Terri was active at the school, attended special activities for Kyron's class during the day with K, was the one who took photographs, videos and so on.

I really don't see where the confusion is coming in that Terri 'wasn't a parent' or on the contact list. As gwenabob so clearly pointed out, Terri and Kaine would be the first and primary contacts for the school to list.

True dat! Or, How would it look if DeDe answered that call? ;)

Oh,I see,so she must have very flexible work hours at her job ? All JMO

I do not like the implication here. In today's economy, it doesn't matter if a work schedule is flexible. People have to work to make ends meet. I am not going to bash either of them for not attending the science fair, not in this crappy economy. Anyone who is lucky enough to get time off to do what they want is the exception, not the rule. The only reason Terri was there was because she was lucky enough to not have to work at all. Wow, I wish I could have that life. I have to work two jobs to make ends meet. A lot of people do.

A woman who had nothing but time on her hands, yes even with a baby in tow, had time to do things, a lot of things. For all we know she had a separate life that Kaine didn't even know about. And I'm not blaming temperant on having a baby. She had childcare at the gym to take care of that as often as she wanted. I'm sure she had friends to watch Baby K. And if Baby K was really that much of a problem, Terri wouldn't be heading to the gym in the first place. No, she wasn't happy one moment with the baby and then the next thing she was tired because of the baby. I'm sick of poor baby K being the reason for anything Terri did that day. Terri isn't innocent because of her baby. She's been hiding behind Baby K all along for everything, and that's just ridiculous. I sure the hope the next excuse for her sexting isn't Baby K, and I can totally seeing it going there too, which is sad. Baby K is innocent here. What Terri does is Terri's fault, not Baby K's. If Baby K was so much trouble for Terri, she should have gotten people to help her out, not continue to bear such a burden herself. That is Terri's fault.

And the baby that is so much trouble that she's the reason for Terri's problems is not being fought for by Terri. Wow, that says a lot. She must be so relieved to not take care of such a burden right now and let Kaine take care of the baby instead. Maybe that's why she looks so good in court these days. No baby to weigh her down and cause her so many problems anymore. No wonder she's not fighting.

Sorry, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Respectfully, all IMO.

Can't say I saw that or got that impression at all. I think there are some step parent issues somewhere that are playing into this debate, albeit not verbalized. Some seem to think that because Terri is a step parent that thats why she's being focused on. That 'villification' thing. Yet others would correctly point out that Terri was active at the school, attended special activities for Kyron's class during the day with K, was the one who took photographs, videos and so on.

I really don't see where the confusion is coming in that Terri 'wasn't a parent' or on the contact list. As gwenabob so clearly pointed out, Terri and Kaine would be the first and primary contacts for the school to list.

"Was Terri a good mother to Kyron?"
"I wouldn't say she replaced me, but she gave him what he needed."

(paraphrased but close)

Was that in Dateline, Aedrys? I do admit to having watched it twice, but my attention was divided.

I was particularly bothered by the reports of Terri drinking and passing out on the couch at night. Did Kaine have to put both children to bed ? And from what I've seen,did he also take it upon himself to clean that house ? He must have. It's a real eye opener for me ; I had been leaning towards Terri not being involved,but hearing about Terri's drinking now makes me seriously wonder. Both kids look so well taken care of, and I can see Kaine was probably desperately trying to keep up appearances with the kids,and the house. And while working a full time,demanding job.... It's awful.Heartbreaking...

And I wonder if Ms.Porter ever smelled alcohol on Terri's breath when she read to Kyron's class ? That would be telling,IMO...

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'll bet Kaine wishes he could have spirited both of the children far away from that house.... IMO

All JMO

"Was Terri a good mother to Kyron?"
"I wouldn't say she replaced me, but she gave him what he needed."

(paraphrased but close)

Yeah, like being a primary contact on the school registration. Trust me. I am local. My kids attend PPS. I have been filling out those forms for over 20 years. A primary contact is different from an emergency contact. I know what I am talking about.

So you are convinced that Terri was not listed as a contact on the school registration sheet at all? Even though she supposedly volunteered there all the time? You think the school was instructed to call Desiree if Kyron got sick?

Perhaps a diagram is in order?

Looking at my children's registration forms:

Child's name:
Child's Address:
Child's Phone number:

Father's name:
Does father reside in same residence as child? If no, please provide separate address:
Place of Employment and phone number
Emergency contact number

Mother's name:
Does mother reside in same residence as child? If no, please provide separate address:
Place of Employment and phone number:
Emergency contact number:

Emergency contact (if neither parent is available) and relation to child:
Phone number
:

This was pretty standard on both my kids' forms and I'm sure its standard nationwide. It is pretty obvious that in the event of emergency, the father and mother (IE stepmom/stepdad) would be located first, before any emergency contact would be notified. The adults in the household would be notified first.

I agree. I'm a stepparent myself, and I'm not listed to pick up my stepdaughter from school, or even listed on the school directory as a parent. The primary role of her parents falls to my husband and his aunt (who is practically her mom since her mom left she she was five). Legally, my husband's aunt is not her mother, but her because her role is that of my stepdaughter's mother, she gets to be listed as primary contact, not me. They do want to add me so that I can at least pick her up from school, but I'm not a primary parent.

I'm also not a biological parent, but what I am saying is I can see Desiree not being a primary contact since she technically was not his mother in that town and in Kaine's family. She is considered to be the outsider there. They would contact the person who takes care of Kyron the most in that town and in Kaine's family, and that would be Terri and then Kaine. They would not call the out of town bio mom who can't do anything immediately in that situation. They would call the person that could do the most, and that was Terri first, then Kaine. I don't understand the confusion either.

I do not like the implication here. In today's economy, it doesn't matter if a work schedule is flexible. People have to work to make ends meet. I am not going to bash either of them for not attending the science fair, not in this crappy economy. Anyone who is lucky enough to get time off to do what they want is the exception, not the rule. The only reason Terri was there was because she was lucky enough to not have to work at all. Wow, I wish I could have that life. I have to work two jobs to make ends meet. A lot of people do.

A woman who had nothing but time on her hands, yes even with a baby in tow, had time to do things, a lot of things. For all we know she had a separate life that Kaine didn't even know about. And I'm not blaming temperant on having a baby. She had childcare at the gym to take care of that as often as she wanted. I'm sure she had friends to watch Baby K. And if Baby K was really that much of a problem, Terri wouldn't be heading to the gym in the first place. No, she wasn't happy one moment with the baby and then the next thing she was tired because of the baby. I'm sick of poor baby K being the reason for anything Terri did that day. Terri isn't innocent because of her baby. She's been hiding behind Baby K all along for everything, and that's just ridiculous. I sure the hope the next excuse for her sexting isn't Baby K, and I can totally seeing it going there too, which is sad. Baby K is innocent here. What Terri does is Terri's fault, not Baby K's. If Baby K was so much trouble for Terri, she should have gotten people to help her out, not continue to bear such a burden herself. That is Terri's fault.

And the baby that is so much trouble that she's the reason for Terri's problems is not being fought for by Terri. Wow, that says a lot. She must be so relieved to not take care of such a burden right now and let Kaine take care of the baby instead. Maybe that's why she looks so good in court these days. No baby to weigh her down and cause her so many problems anymore. No wonder she's not fighting.

Sorry, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Respectfully, all IMO.

Gosh,Aedrys, you have read me completely wrong in this instance...I was seriously asking if she had/has a very flexible schedule,as that could explain making the drives up to Kyron's school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member