New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that in Dateline, Aedrys? I do admit to having watched it twice, but my attention was divided.

No, but it stems from conversations here. I am not talking about anything that isn't being talked about in this thread.

Gosh,Aedrys, you have read me completely wrong in this instance...I was seriously asking if she had/has a very flexible schedule,as that could explain making the drives up to Kyron's school...

I am very sorry, then. I have seen people in the past bring this up to bash Kaine and Desiree, and I made an incorrect assumption here, not wanting the conversation to go there again. I'll leave the post up, but I do apologize greatly for my incorrect assumption as it applies to you.

Well we know Teri was at the school when the secretary called Desi. That being said, why then did the school call Desi while Teri, a primary contact, is standing in front of her. And I could be wrong, didn't Teri and KH both go to the school to begin with and LE had KH go back home ? I'll have to go back and see where I saw that.

Gosh,Aedrys, you have read me completely wrong in this instance...I was seriously asking if she had/has a very flexible schedule,as that could explain making the drives up to Kyron's school...

I too have been puzzled about her statement about knowing that school very well. I thought then it was because of what you say here....she was able to flex her job enough to get up there to attend school functions for both her boys who live in that area. As a parent with no primary custody of either of her children, I imagine she made financial sacrifices to see them as often as possible.

What I got about the school was that they marked him absent at 10:00 and no one was called until Desiree was notified.

So they don't seem to have a policy to call for attendance issues, just for emergencies, and since Kaine and Desiree already KNEW Kyron was missing, they went down the list to Desiree...

Well we know Teri was at the school when the secretary called Desi. That being said, why then did the school call Desi while Teri, a primary contact, is standing in front of her. And I could be wrong, didn't Teri and KH both go to the school to begin with and LE had KH go back home ? I'll have to go back and see where I saw that.

I am pretty sure Terri asked the secretary to call Desiree.

What I got about the school was that they marked him absent at 10:00 and no one was called until Desiree was notified.

So they don't seem to have a policy to call for attendance issues, just for emergencies, and since Kaine and Desiree already KNEW Kyron was missing, they went down the list to Desiree...

bbm

???:waitasec:

I am pretty sure Terri asked the secretary to call Desiree.

That certainly doesn't sound like a person who thinks only of herself. I imagine it's just the routine of the "system" kicking in that made the secretary do her job in getting hold of Kyron's emergency contact. You know, when panic sets in and everyone suddenly does everything they're supposed to do.

I am very sorry, then. I have seen people in the past bring this up to bash Kaine and Desiree, and I made an incorrect assumption here, not wanting the conversation to go there again. I'll leave the post up, but I do apologize greatly for my incorrect assumption as it applies to you.

TY for the apology.. As it is,I can only imagine how Desiree must have felt as she listened to Kaine's stories about his wife's awful behavior. Desiree must have been almost incapacitated when she wondered what was happening to her son as Terri slept it off... It's just...disgusting,really. MOO

All JMO

bbm

???:waitasec:

Meaning, they did not call anyone about the attendance, not policy. They do call for emergencies, but since Terri and Kaine came to the school, they obviously knew that Kyron was missing but Desiree had to be notified next. The person who called Desiree said Terri was right there.

Yep. Terri was standing right there. So why didn't she call Desiree herself? That's what I would have done. I would have wanted to talk with her myself, not allow a stranger to give her the news.

Meaning, they did not call anyone about the attendance, not policy. They do call for emergencies, but since Terri and Kaine came to the school, they obviously knew that Kyron was missing but Desiree had to be notified next. The person who called Desiree said Terri was right there.

The part I bolded--you said Kaine and Desiree already knew he was missing. That is what I was confused about. Did you mean Kaine and Terri already knew?

Yeah, like being a primary contact on the school registration. Trust me. I am local. My kids attend PPS. I have been filling out those forms for over 20 years. A primary contact is different from an emergency contact. I know what I am talking about.

At my school, the way form is laid out is different from the computer program that secretaries type the information into and have to pull up for an emergency. I do think Gwenabob is right, though...the emergency contact is usually a third person other than the parents. If Desiree was listed as the emergency contact she was probably not listed as one of the parents.

Yes, Kaine and Terri already knew...Desiree needed to be called.
Why didn't Kaine call her as much as Terri? Maybe the school had to make the call, since he had been at school and then wasn't?

I think Kaine was with LE or school personnel searching the building and grounds at that moment. Terri was the only one with the secretary.

This can't be discussed, only linked to, since it's from the Scanner forum. It will explain where Kaine was:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5283551&postcount=732"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yes, Kaine and Terri already knew...Desiree needed to be called.
Why didn't Kaine call her as much as Terri? Maybe the school had to make the call, since he had been at school and then wasn't?

It makes sense in that Terri was the last one to see Kyron, not Kaine. She had the most contact with Kyron during the day, not Kaine. I don't understand why some of you cry that Terri wasn't considered 'a parent' to Kyron, yet when it comes to notifying Desiree her son is missing, you see no problem in someone else other than Terri having that responsibility. What am I missing here? :waitasec:

I am just trying to say that maybe the school felt obligated to show they called Desiree, emergency contact, once they were aware Kyron was missing and not just absent. I think it was their job to call her.

Maybe. But I don't think that is the purpose of the emergency contact number. If my daughter were to go missing at school, and my husband and I were standing in the office, I do not believe the school would feel obligated to call my grown son and daughter and next door neighbor to let them know. I think I recall the secretary saying Terri asked her to call Desiree, but cannot find a link.

I guess it is possible since Desiree is his mother the circumstances were a little different. But I do not believe they felt obligated to call simply because she was listed as an emergency contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot