New Guinea - Amelia Earhart & Fred Noonan, en route to Howland Island, 2 July 1937

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very interesting. I thought she was shorter as well. Had to look up what her height was and seems to range from 5'5" to 5'8". She indicated she was 5'8" but others feel it was more around 5'7" or shorter. This is one mystery that needs to be solved. Fred Noonan's family needs answers as well.

http://time.com/3915538/amelia-earhart-film-discovery-last-photo-shoot-disppearance/

"The newfound film was recorded at an airfield in Oakland, Calif., and shows a happy and smiling Earhart as she poses for photos and climbs over her plane, the Lockheed Electra L-10E, reports CNN.

The footage also shows her husband George Putman, her navigator Fred Noonan, and personal photographer Albert Bresnik. The grainy 16 mm film is believed to have been shot by Bresnik’s brother John and had sat on a shelf in his house for more then 50 years until his death in 1992."

[video=youtube;EWt4wAuktvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWt4wAuktvI[/video]

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/11/01/22679271.html

attachment.php

Nov 1, 2016
A new study of skeletal remains found on a remote Pacific Ocean island could be the key to finally solving the mystery of the Amelia Earhart disappearance.

As reported by News.com.au, the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) recently theorized that Earhart and her navigator, Fred Noonan, did not die at sea, but landed their plane on Nikumaroro, a remote Pacific island, and lived as castaways. TIGHAR claims Earhart made more than 100 radio distress calls between July 2-6, 1937 and that mechanical plane parts from the 1930s were found on Nikumaroro.
Bones found on the island were first analyzed in 1940, but scientists believed them to be male. A more recent analysis, however, revealed the bones were actually from a tall, white woman “consistent with a female of Earhart’s height and ethnic origin,” reports News.com.au.
rbbm.

Attachments

• storage.canoe.com.jpg
    storage.canoe.com.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 186
Was just coming to post this! This lady is what got me hooked on unsolved cases. Her the the lost colony! Off to read!

Anyone else heard of Irene Bolam if not it's a pretty interesting theory to look into!

It's an injustice that Noonan gets overlooked so often.

[h=1]Bone-sniffing dogs set to hunt for aviator Amelia Earhardt and her navigator who went missing 80 YEARS ago on the final leg of their around-the-world flight[/h]
An expedition of forensic scientists is due to set sail on Saturday for a remote Pacific island together with specially trained dogs in an effort to find the pilots' remains, National Geographic reported on Wednesday.
The mission is being organized by the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR).
It is bound for the tiny, uninhabited island of Nikumaroro, which lies about 1,000 miles north of Fiji.
Experts who have investigated the disappearance of Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan believe that their plane ended up on that island after missing their intended destination in June 1937.

Bone-sniffing dogs set to hunt for aviator Amelia Earhardt and her navigator who went missing 80 YEARS ago on the final leg of their around-the-world flight

An expedition of forensic scientists is due to set sail on Saturday for a remote Pacific island together with specially trained dogs in an effort to find the pilots' remains, National Geographic reported on Wednesday.
The mission is being organized by the International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR).
It is bound for the tiny, uninhabited island of Nikumaroro, which lies about 1,000 miles north of Fiji.
Experts who have investigated the disappearance of Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan believe that their plane ended up on that island after missing their intended destination in June 1937.
Wouldn't that be excellent if their families -and the world - could finally have some answers!
I will definitely read this when I have more time.
Thanks, Gardener!

oh, its tighar and that crazy nut who runs it. i wouldnt trust want this nut has to say. i mean after 80 yrs with all the weather those dogs arent gonna find anything and he knows this. i guess he must have gotton some more people to dupe for their money.

oh, its tighar and that crazy nut who runs it. i wouldnt trust want this nut has to say. i mean after 80 yrs with all the weather those dogs arent gonna find anything and he knows this. i guess he must have gotton some more people to dupe for their money.

I agree 100%. It's just a publicity stunt.

Even if it is a publicity stunt, you never know, it might pan out :)

Even if it is a publicity stunt, you never know, it might pan out :)

Sorry, but the only way they are ever going to find her remains is with some new yet to be developed technology, and even that is a longshot. Dogs are excellent resources for finding fresh bodies, but to think that a dog will be able to locate 80 year old bone fragments, is just not realistic.

Odds are, her body is at the bottom of the ocean anyway. Those islands were all extensively searched at the time of her disappearance. If her body wasn't findable then, it's not going to be found 80 years later.

Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Crash-Landing, Newly Discovered Photo Suggests

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rvived-crash-landing-never-seen-photo-n779591

A newly discovered photograph suggests legendary aviator Amelia Earhart, who vanished 80 years ago on a round-the-world flight, survived a crash-landing in the Marshall Islands.

The photo, found in a long-forgotten file in the National Archives, shows a woman who resembles Earhart and a man who appears to be her navigator, Fred Noonan, on a dock.

The discovery is featured in a new History channel special, "Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence," that airs Sunday.

Fascinating. I'll be watching also.

I saw the picture, if her back is to the camera, how can they say that is her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back