New Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My vote is to stay private. I think it will only breed trouble for the forum to open it up to the public, namely you-know-who. If it goes public and trouble ensues, then we can always go back to a private forum. Never underestimate someone who's mission in life is to cause misery out of pure jealousy and vengeance. :twocents:

Throwing in my nickle's worth.

Tricia is protected by her LLC. That Rocks! I don't have the gonads to post all of the threats of lawsuits that I've had against WS. :banghead: I backed off too much crap, because of 2 reasons. 1. I didn't have the time to mess with it. 2. Although my attorney's are free, the filing fees are not. To fight a lawsuit across state lines is $$$. My kids are selfish~ they like to eat. :D I couldn't afford to pay out a couple of thousand and get nothing in return.

I think it would be cool to open it up to public viewing. The thing that I would do different this time? I'd STALK J A M E S O N's server, every damn time she steals one of your posts. And steal she will. She's registered here, I've just never been able to figure out which hat is her. On AOL, it's almost impossible. :waitasec: Dipsh*t reads here but doesn't post.

This site gets a lot of hits per week. I say open it up to the public, since an LLC will protect Tricia from any problems. Trust me, she'll have them. Tricia is willing to take on Lin Wood. It's about time that someone can do this. I'll be honest and tell you that I was too chicken soup to fight that Class A prick.

Congrats! Glad you're going to stay basically the same - as it's hard to teach an ol' sleuther new tricks.

Public? I like new ideas from new posters. Problems in the past? I used to ignore the posts that didn't have anything to do with the particular thread.

The Parking Lot may become busier...and you may need to watch the posts closer...

But, it's your show, baby! I ain't goin' anywhere.

:clap:

gretchen said:
Public versus Private:

I vote Public ONLY if Imon can come back. Imon, Imon, Imon.... You are the best on the JBR forum. Love ya.

Ditto! :angel: Say it's possible to have BOTH?!?! :eek:

Gretchen & BlazeBoy ...

I did a bit of surfing last night and saw your friend, Imon, posting on Forums For Justice. Perhaps you can encourage him/her to return? Was there a reason Imon left WS?

While I was poking around and getting acquainted with their threads .. a favorite former WS Mod registered there. It was Maxi! Woo-Hoo! I'm so glad to see that she's back posting again. I've missed her posts and really hope she returns to WS. I know a lot of posters miss her .. especially in the JBR forum. Why the heck did she leave anyway .. anyone know?

Smiles n' Good Thoughts .. :)

Rum Tum

EDITED on Tuesday eve 3-30-04 to add:

I have recently received a thoughtful and informative PM from one of our most respected WS posters regarding the banning of Imon. I wasn't aware of the blatant & unconscionable transgressions by Imon when I posted earlier. More informed .. I stand corrected. In retrospect .. let's let sleeping dogs lie for a more respectful forum.

But SueBene't would LOVE for this forum to stay private. Think about it......this place with a name similar to hirs is the Only forum that she has really had the taste of bood in hir mouth for.

Morning, Candy!
RR
:croc:

Congratulations Tricia and River. Great news. I am neutral on public or private.

Seeker....pass on to Tricia the ip number of the annoying one who tried to register at JW.

RiverRat said:
But SueBene't would LOVE for this forum to stay private. Think about it......this place with a name similar to hirs is the Only forum that she has really had the taste of bood in hir mouth for.

The Websleuths name is a thorn in her flesh. She would love to see this forum close.

Jayelles said:
RiverRat said:

The Websleuths name is a thorn in her flesh. She would love to see this forum close.
If you're interested in finding the truth, you should open the forum to a full and free exchange of ideas, messy as that might be.

As for stealing posts, I cannot see what the big deal is. Presumably, every idea that is stolen and posted "over there" is one more idea that has seen the light of day "over there" that presumably would not otherwise been vented. True, the stealing can be selective and done in such a way that original author might be made to look foolish. But if I'm having a serious discussion here, why do I care if some immature clowns are selectively taking my ideas and making fun of them essentially behind closed doors? If I'm lucky, someone over there who belongs to both forums might point out the distortion being foisted "over there" and that risk presumably should put a damper on it. But even if that doesn't occur, there's at least some chance my idea will take root and gradually get someone over there to rethink their theory of the case (whereas the odds of this would be lower were my idea not shared over there).

Granted, I would prefer to live in a world in which there wasn't such stealing of ideas, but unless I plan to write a book or something, there is no harm to me if my words are misused in the fashion just described. Do I really care for the opinion of that other forum mistress and like-minded individuals? In my book, the disadvantages of leaving out a broader range of views from this forum vastly outweigh any risks entailed in opening this forum up to "her" stealing posts. The reality is, "she" could well be here already and none of us would know it.

Stealing of ideas? Throughout history ideas have been stolen to the furtherance of science and technology! I don't have an axe to grind about anyone "stealing my ideas". I regularly have ideas which I suggest to others in the hope that they will take them forward. I don't care about recognition - it is reward enough for me to see my ideas take shape. Nor do I have a problem with being quoted - provided a link/reference is made to my original post. ja_meson has a policy of NOT providing links to the source IF the source is what she perceives to be a rival forum. She claims this is because the posts will be replaced by *advertiser censored*. Garbage. I believe it is because she is afraid readers will go, read and be influenced by counter arguments to her spin.

No-one "over there" corrects misquotes by the forum owner - they know their place. Once I made a post which questioned a statement made by a member of the RST. ja_meson seized my post and presented it as though the very issue that I questioned was my statement of FACT! Not being a member there, I was denied the pleasure of correcting her, although the thread quickly disappeared anyway - presumably when she re-read my post and realised she'd got it bottom-ways up.

Once, when an entire post of mine from here was copied and pasted over yonder, I e-mailed her and asked her to remove it - as per her pledge. Her response was to say that I could join her forum and defend it. Naturally I refused.

I fully believe she is reading - perhaps even posting here. Perhaps even on this thread...

I'd like to suggest ignoring other forums and other posters at other forums who don't post to your liking.

Don't call posters--here or anywhere else--names. Don't "steal" posts from posters who don't want their posts "stolen". It's really not hard at all to discuss issues and focus on the discussion right here in front of us.

There is plenty to discuss about this case without referring to other posters and other forums.

LovelyPigeon said:
I'd like to suggest ignoring other forums and other posters at other forums who don't post to your liking.

Don't call posters--here or anywhere else--names. Don't "steal" posts from posters who don't want their posts "stolen". It's really not hard at all to discuss issues and focus on the discussion right here in front of us.

There is plenty to discuss about this case without referring to other posters and other forums.

With all due respect LP, and I really do mean that; For those of us who remember you from back in the day so to speak, it would have and could have been so much nicer had you heeded your own advice above. There are many archives available where you were not so quick to not only follow your own advice, but there is not a single archive available from your days on the other forum where you told the posters there what you are preaching here.

Just thought I would mention it for those who weren't around back then

LovelyPigeon said:
If you're refering to "The *advertiser censored*", that's a description, not a name. Sort of like "The Plumber"...

As for stealing posts, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. There is nothing The *advertiser censored* ever writes that's of any real interest to people on this forum. People here are interested in case facts, not the usual propaganda that's spoon fed to the swampettes.

IMO

Tricia is the last person to cause a problem, but she is always first in line as a target for a certain breed of posters........the kind of poster that most would be ashamed to have representing the forum as a whole.

So - let me first laugh hysterically - LOLOLOL - at the petty intimidation tactics slung her way. Then let me give a little word of advise - you know that Good prevails over Evil.......we have done it time and time again - no biggie.

:croc:
RR

A little FYI, The Swamp Queen stole the name of her forum from this one. Murphy owned the forum then. The problems between the dipstick and WS are HUGE! But, be advised that J A M E S O N has a bone out for everyone who owns a website. Tricia included. Heck, she fights with JAyelles and she is the most non-controversial poster around. I hadn't done squat to her when she called me at 1AM to complain about this website. :hand:

I'm glad to see that Maxi is back. I hope she posts here soon.

I don't think ja_meson or her fan-club would agree with you. It appears to irk them that I can find fault in the Ramseys and still believe them innocent of their daughter's murder (although the "Patsy wrote the note" posters keep me on the fence)

Jayelles said:
I don't think ja_meson or her fan-club would agree with you. It appears to irk them that I can find fault in the Ramseys and still believe them innocent of their daughter's murder (although the "Patsy wrote the note" posters keep me on the fence)

Jayelles,

If we could get someone to leak the results of Burke's handwriting analyses, like they did John's and Patsy's, I don't think you'd be on the fence any longer.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Jayelles,

If we could get someone to leak the results of Burke's handwriting analyses, like they did John's and Patsy's, I don't think you'd be on the fence any longer.

JMO

I don't agree with your theory, but I respect you as a poster. Has anyone ever leaked the results of Burke's handwriting analysis to you?

Public is better. dosen't matter if the thieves steal. Personally, I kewn of this case through this old pitiful soul, and reading hir "misinformation posts" I quicky could tell that she was not reliable, and that the ones who had written the posts that she scorned, were better informed and mentally sane.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back