New page added to SusanPowell.org

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it is argued that SP and SK would bond and disappear together partly because they shared the same religion, and because their religion mattered to them, I think that it has been overlooked that 'disappearing together' in that way effectively means the end of their organized religious life. There's no way that the two of them (as missing people) could continue to be a part of the organized LDS church.

Would SP abandon her children to disappear with SK? No slight to SK here -- although there are a host of reasons he would be an unlikely partner for SP -- but are we really willing to suggest this about SP?

Find me a link between the two in an objective source, and I will run with it. SK's family think it is bunk, LE covering SK's disappearance think it is bunk-so because Josh and his dad say so, it grows legs?

I am thrilled it will bring SK's case front and center to get some national play. I am extremely saddened that two families will be put through the meat grinder because of an attempt to get some mud to stick somewhere.

She gave up her CHILDREN, these angels that JP dragged out diaper clad in a blizzard shortly before midnight, for SK?

I would laugh, but I dont find the insinuation very funny.

On the other hand, pitch me a story that SK was involved in Susan's disappearance for all of the same reasons that have been listed by those in favor of putting them together-but have him assisting JP. Perhaps Susan is in Ruby Valley, but I am quite certain LE would have checked that out long ago.

I thought my theory was objectiive. LOL Her leaving her children...is an important factor...but it doesn't prove she wouldn't or didn't. It's subjective. She could have had a plan for that also and it went bad for some reason. ??

If it is argued that SP and SK would bond and disappear together partly because they shared the same religion, and because their religion mattered to them, I think that it has been overlooked that 'disappearing together' in that way effectively means the end of their organized religious life. There's no way that the two of them (as missing people) could continue to be a part of the organized LDS church.

Would SP abandon her children to disappear with SK? No slight to SK here -- although there are a host of reasons he would be an unlikely partner for SP -- but are we really willing to suggest this about SP?

Montjoy, I know nothing about the "rules" of the LDS church, but I truly find it hard to believe if one of their "flock" was in a hellish turmoil of a marriage, and scared to death for herself and her children; and she happen to meet a young man that was of the same mind as her in that faith, that the church would throw them out to oblivion...just because of the rules. Forgiveness and redemption should be prevail. imo...Yep, it's subjective...but it's also life.

To add....if SK was depressed...and had feelings for SP and yet felt this bond was taboo with no answer...and then suddenly it was a reality...you would have seen a different SK...most likely a productive one.. He had someone he cared about... that truly believe in him. All imo, and yeah, mushy.

Marc Klass was the POI when his daughter was taken. He did not follow your advice - he cooperated fully with the investigators.

Of course, he was innocent.

If my wife disappeared I'd cooperate so fast it would make your head spin, because I would never harm her. I'd do it Marc's way, not Josh's way.

But that's just me.

That'd be me, too. I'd want to clear myself, like Klaas did. He insisted he be polygraphed. And he was.

The guilty like to say things like "don't talk to police". Of course they won't.

No proof, but I think it should be looked at and not just because they are two LDS people. If only that criteria....it would be ridiculous.

Two missing people, of the LDS faith. Both described as "devout" in their faith..go missing within a week a of each other.

Both had lived in the SLC area..Steven had lived in WVC at one time.

Approximately the same age. Boy/girl. One in an unhappy marriage and the other unhappy about being single.

The day Susan is reported missing, Steven abrubtly leaves a party that evening and starts his bizarre behavior of driving to N. NV and N UT that week...not seeing his family---nor mentioning to them he was in the area...even tho he apparently talked to his mother on the phone during this time....just a mysterious long trip.

Trip to Ruby Valley to the old gf's parents house was changed from the original 8th, to the 9th...by the mothers, and then the 10th on speculations.

The timeline as given is in conflict with the timeline given by the mother's statement at the press conference they held in Feb in Henderson. There is also a conflict with the evening of Wed. Dec 9th with reports by mysterious witnesses saying he was at the temple, yet gas receipts show otherwise along with the mother's statements.....and the question...Have these witnesses been vertified and confirmed by LE? Not to my knowledge and the family has never mentioned anything about his presence at a temple night. The information on the temple night was brought to light by a poster on his FB page saying she thought he was there. Confirmed?

I was not aware that Susan was interested in learning Portugese or her interest in music....IF true, until reading SP's pages. But my hinky meter went up when it was discovered there was a missonary from Portugal who had returned to the same singles ward Steven attended, just a few days after his disappearance. Maybe be nothing ....but maybe....just found it interesting.

When one person is missing...you ask whether anyone else is. This started the link....for me--- when Steven went missing also and had ties to the SLC area....then the rest followed.

If we knew the exact time of all his purchases and debits to his bank a/c...we would have a much clearer picture, but we don't. I assume LE...hopefully does. LE in both cases have clammed up.

As I said, no definite all inclusive proof here, but my thoughts and speculation only and think it's enough info to call it a theory. It's workable.

JMO

ETA: I too find it interesting that although SK went missing in NV and two NV LE depts briefly investigated his case....all info now is to be sent to LE in St. George, UT. Odd? Not really...he attended church there tho and they were the last known people to talk to him.

This is not proof of a connection between Steven and Susan whatsoever.Do you understand how many people in Utah are LDS? These loose ties make about as much sense as saying two people may have liked the same brand of cereal because they may have shopped at the same grocery store chain in the state of Utah. Oh and did I read something about pumkin pie? Seriously? Pumkin Pie was so important it had to be mention in that 9 pages of silliness?

Again, show me proof. Until then.......

You know what cops say about theories? We don't need theories, we need evidence.

SK would be a worse prospect than JP, for a woman with two kids.
I'm not LDS, but I know LDS who've committed (what I consider to be) grave sins -- and were later married in the temple.

Like my neighbor boy, who married a girl who'd shacked up with a guy for two years and had two kids by different men. They were married in the temple within six months of their meeting.

The thing about the silly "SP and SK sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g" theories is this: IF they had met somehow, and IF she wanted to leave with him, why didn't he drive to SLC and just pick her up from work. Or with the kids, from WVC, while JP was elsewhere.

The Ruby Valley trip doesn't fit ANYWHERE in the SP/SK scenario, so the JP forces have to invent "picked her up at the bus in Wendover" (while she was coming from Sacramento!)

Frankly, the local news forums are full of people laughing at the theory -- and at least it's gotten some publicity for Steven Koecher.

Clearly they think they are above needing an attorney.

Keep digging that hole, jp/chantrey. :D Libel/slander are serious but you 2 haven't a clue.

If Susan's body is not found soon, I'm biting at the bit to see her family sue JP for wrongful death. There is an entire different set of rules in civil court and the burden of proof alot lower. Oh yeah. That would be lovely.

Clearly they think they are above needing an attorney.

Keep digging that hole, jp/chantrey. :D Libel/slander are serious but you 2 haven't a clue.

I'm about ready to get an attorney myself; I'm being slandered in several places.

I'm about ready to get an attorney myself; I'm being slandered in several places.

I have seen from the beginning of this that 'some' people want to connect the 2 people. It started on the Trib forums almost a year ago and still lingers.

I'm sorry that you are having a problem with this, if there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

<modsnip>. :) I may have had a malfunction with that message. ;)

If Susan's body is not found soon, I'm biting at the bit to see her family sue JP for wrongful death. There is an entire different set of rules in civil court and the burden of proof alot lower. Oh yeah. That would be lovely.

Accountability, it's a good thing. :behindbar :behindbar [one for each of them] IMHO

Being objective, imo, does not mean you have to give equal weight to all avenues of thought. Steven's family is being hurt by this nonsense-Susan's family is being hurt by this nonsense. LE finds it without merit.

There is one person this benefits. It benefits Josh. How about the evil machinations of the Cox's preventing Susan from coming home-right she doesnt have a home anymore because Josh moved out and took her children away to another state.

You leave when you know someone is not coming back. He knew pretty quickly in my estimation. Beyond that, you refuse to be ruled out by LE when you have something to hide. The investigation is stuck on him because he wont let himself be ruled out. Which means the downside for him must be pretty big.

Looks like the national press isn't buying the "Susan & Steven" theory - and it's having unintended consequences.

In fact, CBS News just posted this headline:

"Husband of Missing Utah Mom Changes His Story"

Click HERE to read the entire story.

But this quote is important:
Pat Brown, a criminal profiler, said, "Josh and his father ... are trying to cast aspersions onto Susan. They're trying to come up with an alternative theory so police can stop looking at Josh. It's the most ludicrous theory I've ever heard."

Being objective, imo, does not mean you have to give equal weight to all avenues of thought. Steven's family is being hurt by this nonsense-Susan's family is being hurt by this nonsense. LE finds it without merit.

There is one person this benefits. It benefits Josh. How about the evil machinations of the Cox's preventing Susan from coming home-right she doesnt have a home anymore because Josh moved out and took her children away to another state.

You leave when you know someone is not coming back. He knew pretty quickly in my estimation. Beyond that, you refuse to be ruled out by LE when you have something to hide. The investigation is stuck on him because he wont let himself be ruled out. Which means the downside for him must be pretty big.

The thank you button just wasn't good enough! Josh won't clear himself but him and SP will spend tons of time on an internet presence attacking the credibility and reputation of others for when they are called on by the prosecution to testify. Too bad they don't spend as much time and energy looking for Susan than they do building a defense for JP. They must be worried.

Looks like the national press isn't buying the "Susan & Steven" theory - and it's having unintended consequences.

In fact, CBS News just posted this headline:

"Husband of Missing Utah Mom Changes His Story"

Click HERE to read the entire story.

But this quote is important:
Pat Brown, a criminal profiler, said, "Josh and his father ... are trying to cast aspersions onto Susan. They're trying to come up with an alternative theory so police can stop looking at Josh. It's the most ludicrous theory I've ever heard."

Huh. Funny that.

A year to the week she went missing they come up with this lengthy alternative theory.

Moving on...JMO.

This is not proof of a connection between Steven and Susan whatsoever.Do you understand how many people in Utah are LDS? These loose ties make about as much sense as saying two people may have liked the same brand of cereal because they may have shopped at the same grocery store chain in the state of Utah. Oh and did I read something about pumkin pie? Seriously? Pumkin Pie was so important it had to be mention in that 9 pages of silliness?

Again, show me proof. Until then.......

You know what cops say about theories? We don't need theories, we need evidence.

Wondering if you read the first two words of my post? "No Proof" I never claimed any proof, at all.... if we had any of that.....we still wouldn't be wondering what happen would we? Theory = a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural.

SLC is prolly about 50% LDS now. If one of them would have been Catholic, I still would have look for a possible link. #1 They disappeared within a week of each other. How many other young adults disappeared from SLC/UT that week..or month for that matter?

I'd rather see you tear it apart with your facts or anyone else's at this point so I could take it off the table. I've not seen your posts or suspicions on SK's thread, if I did, then you would know I look at other theories and possibilities also...I'm not supporting only mine........just trying to find the truth as is everyone else.

Evidence can be hard to come by sometimes, theories can help bring it forward. Not all crime solving is walking up to the evidence and saying "Yeah, that it." and dropping it in a brown bag.

Until we have our needed evidence......I'll remain....until SK or SP can be found or the facts say otherwise.

Holly, I'm bringing this post forward just for you. Believe said it best IMO. And I give this theory of SK and SP zero weight.

Do all suspicions deserve scrutiny and validity? Thank goodness no. Common sense helps out with that. But it may explain the people who believe that they were abducted by aliens.

Holly, I'm bringing this post forward just for you. Believe said it best IMO. And I give this theory of SK and SP zero weight.

Do all suspicions deserve scrutiny and validity? Thank goodness no. Common sense helps out with that. But it may explain the people who believe that they were abducted by aliens.

<modsnip>. Common sense didn't tell anyone or the guy in LV that his wife who was found months later...could be located within the same house he was residing, under piles of hoarding.

<modsnip>. Common sense didn't tell anyone or the guy in LV that his wife who was found months later...could be located within the same house he was residing, under piles of hoarding.

Well we will have to agree to disagree about the latest Powell theory. Besides, I've spent too much time already discussing something I do not believe in.

I am going to disagree with you on that one holly because I believe common sense absolutely would dictate that she was buried in that house somewhere. There is no way he or LE could have cleared the house with the amount of clutter. Cadaver dogs and scent dogs couldnt do anything with the amount of decay. Seeing as how LE searched it 4 times, clearly they did not clear the home as a possible location either.

[snip]The thing about the silly "SP and SK sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g" theories is this: IF they had met somehow, and IF she wanted to leave with him, why didn't he drive to SLC and just pick her up from work. Or with the kids, from WVC, while JP was elsewhere.

The Ruby Valley trip doesn't fit ANYWHERE in the SP/SK scenario, so the JP forces have to invent "picked her up at the bus in Wendover" (while she was coming from Sacramento!)

Frankly, the local news forums are full of people laughing at the theory -- and at least it's gotten some publicity for Steven Koecher.

Thank you Laytonian, this is much the same point I made on the SK- Susan Powell link thread.

IF Susan and Steve wanted to abscond together (and we still have no evidence to show they had ever met, let alone met often enough to form a relationship and plan to abscond), there were much simpler ways and more convenient times to do it. If she had the keys to the van and the family debit card, as Josh and SP insist on susanpowell.org, then why not just take the van after dropping Josh off at work and drive away?

The only possible reason for absconding in the middle of the night, in the middle of a snowstorm, would be to make Josh look guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back