Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think Caylee Died?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got to admit that despite all the good efforts of the WS folks, I'm still confuzzled and stagger from theory to theory.

I had a whole long response here, but I realize it just backs up my original statement. Which is why I keep at it with this case...I keep an open mind and read the evidence (presented betwixt the rumour).

I've got to admit that despite all the good efforts of the WS folks, I'm still confuzzled and stagger from theory to theory.

I had a whole long response here, but I realize it just backs up my original statement. Which is why I keep at it with this case...I keep an open mind and read the evidence (presented betwixt the rumour).
Good for you.

Like everywhere there is good and bad at WS.

Just remember some of what is written is just rumour and some we don't know for sure anyway.

I think kc left caylee drugged and duct taped at her brothers house, then placed her in trunk, took her out of trunk, tried to bury in G&C's backyard, couldn't accomplish that, put her back in trunk, then placed her in the woods.

I voted for in the home,as it makes the most sense in light of the evidence now. I do think it was in the early morning hours of the 16th and that GA is not correct in his statement about seeing Caylee that afternoon ( intentionally lying or not I don't know yet). Caylee's little body was placed in the trunk, allowed to stay there for 2.6 days ( god only knows why) and then moved to where she was dumped off. Such a disgusting and horrible ( there are not words for what I really think, that type of hideous cruelty has no words) demise for such a precious child.

I voted for "in the Anthony home", although in a previous poll I voted for "inside Casey's car" (interior not trunk).

I believe that the fight between Cindy and Casey on June 15th sent Casey into a rage, and she killed Caylee to hurt her mother in the worst possible way. This was her primary motive. Secondary motive is that Casey wanted to be free of all responsibility and live the life of a carefree young 22-year-old.

Staying with the original thought of in the Anthony home. The heart slapped on the duck tape has changed my mind on alot of other things however.
Duck tape over a mouth to me says "shut up" , a heart put on it says "your mouth needs sweeting up". We all know what a two year old can be like when their having one of their tantrums. The puzzling part of this is why weren't those things removed? Did Casey really think Caylee would never be found? Thats the part that makes me wonder. Why leave so much evidence behind. A planned murder would have included removing any evidence linking the death to the murderer.

I agree, BeyondBelief. Add to this, why would she even stay in town? (and why would she drive around with the body in the trunk if she knew it was there, rather than dispose of it immediately, etc.)
The location and method of disposal to me seem exculpatory. If KC were the murderer she would have no reason to leave the body in that location, every reason to dump it anywhere else. She would have no reason to leave the tape on, and every reason to remove it before disposing of the body. No reason obviously to leave all the other items that would link back to her family home or herself. It's not impossible but just very hard to believe. If KC were subnormal in intelligence, maybe, but she's not, and she would not want to go to prison for life or face the death penalty. I can't rule KC out, but another perpetrator could obviously have obtained these items in a number of ways, whether from a bag of KC's or Caylee's, from the car, from a sitter's place or someplace KC had been staying, even directly from the A home if the perp is someone who had access or gained access somehow. Re: crime scene, we have next to no info beyond KC's trunk or the backyard, since the cadaver dogs were only used there, etc. I think luminol (or "bluestar" or whatever the brand was here) was used in Caylee and KC's bedrooms at the A house, right? And in TL's trunk? At least no bloody crime committed there, smothering or other bloodless death possible if no body fluids were deposited as a result. The fact that no one or their dogs in the neighborhood smelled or came across the body by the side of Suburban in June or July, and it wasn't found in any searches, even with so many people converging on that neighborhood, adds to the suspicion that it was moved there later, by whatever perpetrator, the doublebagging may have been for this reason. Definitely wish there was more info re: crime scene. I voted "someplace else" but can't rule out one or two of the other choices. Thanks for the poll, HP :)

You're not the only person who wonders this. Add to this, why would she even stay in town? (and why would she drive around with the body in the trunk if she knew it was there, rather than dispose of it immediately, etc.)
The location and method of disposal to me seem exculpatory. If KC were the murderer she would have no reason to leave the body in that location, every reason to dump it anywhere else. She would have no reason to leave the tape on, and every reason to remove it before disposing of the body. No reason obviously to leave all the other items that would link back to her family home or herself. It's not impossible but just very hard to believe. If KC were subnormal in intelligence, maybe, but she's not, and she would not want to go to prison for life or face the death penalty. I can't rule KC out, but another perpetrator could obviously have obtained these items in a number of ways, whether from a bag of KC's or Caylee's, from the car, from a sitter's place or someplace KC had been staying, even directly from the A home if the perp is someone who had access or gained access somehow. Re: crime scene, we have next to no info beyond KC's trunk or the backyard, since the cadaver dogs were only used there, etc. I think luminol (or "bluestar" or whatever the brand was here) was used in Caylee and KC's bedrooms at the A house, right? At least no bloody crime committed there, smothering or other bloodless death possible if no body fluids were deposited as a result. The fact that no one or their dogs in the neighborhood smelled or came across the body by the side of Suburban in June or July, and it wasn't found in any searches, even with so many people converging on that neighborhood, adds to the suspicion that it was moved there later, by whatever perpetrator, the doublebagging may have been for this reason. Definitely wish there was more info re: crime scene. I voted "someplace else" but can't rule out one or two of the other choices. Thanks for the poll, HP :)

Casey doesn't impress me as being particularly smart. If she was, she would have come up with a much more plausible story than the non-existent nanny took her, and wouldn't have told lies that were so easily refuted.

Casey left Caylee's remains in an area she knew best. It was mid-June and school was out for the summer so the area didn't get much traffic. I think she left the body in the trunk of her car for a couple of days while she tried to think of a place to dispose of it. By the time she disposed of the body, the state of decomposition was advanced enough that she couldn't remove the duct tape, and because of the state of decomposition, she disposed of the remains quickly and didn't give any thought to what items were left with the remains.

There was a report that there was an odor in that area, but when a dead animal was found near the road there wasn't any further investigation, thinking that the odor emanated from the dead animal.

Then the summer rains came and the area started to get standing water. By the time there were searchers in that particular area, the place where the remains were later found had water in it. Tropical storm Fay dumped a lot of rain, and the remains were under water for a few months, until the water finally receded in November. The fact that the bones were scattered is also a good indicator that the bag had been there a long time as opposed to being left there recently.

I don't believe there's any other perpetrator other than Casey Anthony. She acted alone and she was the only one with a motive. By mid-October LE had enough evidence to indict her for murder one, even though they didn't have a body. There was no reason for someone to frame Casey, who was already under indictment for the crime.

Because the search warrant included getting all the vacuum cleaners, I think physical evidence was found on the adhesive side of the duct tape.

I am going to speculate carpet fiber, dust/dirt, pet hair...the stuff you sweep up and that would also get onto something gummy. It won't look good for KC if the fibers/hair/dirt all over the duct tape adhesive match the floor from her bedroom.

JMO

I'm wondering what thoughts WSers have about where exactly did Casey commit this horrendous crime?

Originally, I thought she did it in the trunk of her car, but more and more I'm leaning toward she did it right there in the house--right under George and Cindy's noses. Then she moved the body to the trunk and drove around with it for a while until it started to leak decomp fluids, and that's when she got rid of it once and for all. Too bad we don't have a witness who saw her car pulled over at the dump site.

I used to think in the trunk of the car, but now I think at her parents' house. If I see some solid evidence of a hotel/motel, I'll be jumping on the Turbothink band wagon, though.

Parent's house....that's why she had to back the car into the garage. The body was either in the back yard or in the house. If she was killed in the car, why would the dogs hit in the backyard? Heck I don't know, but I'm going with Caylee being killed at the Ant's house.

I think Caylee was murdered right at her home by Casey. I think Casey did it all by herself, she didn't have any help killing Caylee or disposing of her body.

LE seemed concerned about several stains on the screen porch. A rug or piece of a rug (I can't remember if it was a throw rug or a piece of a carpet) was sent on to the FBI lab for testing.

At the home, without a doubt. Nothing has been released that even hints that Casey was any place else.

The thought of this must make George and Cindy sick. Surely they've thought about it. How could they not?!!?

Caylee may have been in the trunk before she died - gagged etc. Then once she past away - Casey had to get rid of the body. Maybe she thought to bury her in the backyard. Then realized it was too hard to dig. Then dumped her later. So, it is also possible she was killed anywhere or by neglect ... then dumped.
The stains on the rugs and such - as an owner of cats and a dog - stains happen all the time. Hairballs (yuck) and other stuff - if you get my drift.
This is a awful thing to write about ...

Caylee may have been in the trunk before she died - gagged etc. Then once she past away - Casey had to get rid of the body. Maybe she thought to bury her in the backyard. Then realized it was too hard to dig. Then dumped her later. So, it is also possible she was killed anywhere or by neglect ... then dumped.
The stains on the rugs and such - as an owner of cats and a dog - stains happen all the time. Hairballs (yuck) and other stuff - if you get my drift.
This is a awful thing to write about ...

Sure, but these were the only stains LE was interested in. And we know the dogs had the run of the house - they even slept on Caylee's bed in her absence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxwell'sSilverHammer
Back