New Search 9/12/2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought: If in fact this is not Susan, it is someone's remains. If it is one of the people on the aforementioned Utah missing person's list then the police have to give due diligence to the scene. We focus on Susan at this thread, so we go in that direction. WVCPD and the other LE are trained professionals and will not say 'it's not Susan, let's go'. If it isn't her then there is another crime to solve or tribal remains to be taken care of properly.

I would imagine snow or no snow that time of the year the ground would be very hard. It would be very hard and a lot of work to dig a deep grave. Also time too.

I wonder how the man who gave LE a tip about something unusual he had seen made the connection after all this time, if indeed it was Josh he had seen. It sounded like fairly new info to LE.

I''m curious about this too..not only because of all the time that has passed (and it's less than 30 from the "campsite") but also from my findings he hasn't lived there very long..... I found Feb 2010, which is after her disappearance. Anyone know how to do a property search in Delta, UT.?

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
NEW: Josh Powell's family issues statement urging police to give more info about remains to "minimize heartache." @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD Lt. Bill Merritt just told me the search for #SusanPowell will continue at least through tomorrow. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
NEW: Josh Powell's family issues statement urging police to give more info about remains to "minimize heartache." @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD Lt. Bill Merritt just told me the search for #SusanPowell will continue at least through tomorrow. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

Why do I get the feeling the excitement of yesterday may not be what we hoped :(

I''m curious about this too..not only because of all the time that has passed (and it's less than 30 from the "campsite") but also from my findings he hasn't lived there very long..... I found Feb 2010, which is after her disappearance. Anyone know how to do a property search in Delta, UT.?
maybe computer searches showed a google map of the location, and at the same time they were going over all the case files and found this one man the tip and never really followed up on. *shrugs*

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

Hmmm. This comment from the Powell camp is interesting. Are they worried about something? I sure do hope so.

Well to me in my opinion JP having his attorney put out such a formal statement, JP not front and center of a camera leads me to believe he is scared and the police are either found the area or found her and he knows it.

I know we all want to know if it is her or now and perhaps LE should have a sit down with Mr. Cox to explain if it is a strong or weak indication it is Susan or not but ask him to be quiet if indeed they are going to use this to put pressure on JP.

I looked up their property assessment, but they don't have online public records like SL county.

How can giving out details of the grave and body ever minimize heartache? I am sure the Cox Family are completely broken and not making jack..a comments like that one.

Hmmm. This comment from the Powell camp is interesting. Are they worried about something? I sure do hope so.

I think they want to minimize anxiety, not heartache. MOO

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

josh, Do you want to know how to 'minimize heartache' START TALKING TO POLICE! :banghead: [I couldn't find a dumbazz avatar]

"Powell says he has never been to the area where the remains were found.
The area is a popular place where people go to hunt for gems and stones."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301

I don't know what he means by "the area where the remains were found"... if he means that exact spot, the 1 square mile around it... or Topaz Mountain in general.

Josh and Susan went camping at Topaz Mountain.
Josh HAS been to Topaz Mountain.
So if he is going to try and claim he has NOT... That will be a huge red flag.

Read this link. He slept overnight and is saying differently this morning.

snipped

The father of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said that the more he learns about human remains found in a rural desert, the more worried he is that they could be his daughter.

more

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301

Odd... because I've gone the other way. Yesterday, I had hoped it was her.
I thought it sounded like they had reason to believe it was her... the way LE said they didn't want to say they'd identified anything when they hadn't... it sounded like they had reason to believe they would. He didn't come out and say... "We have no clue who this is."

However, after the anthropologist being called to make sure they are not more than 50 years old...
Or the bone expert Friday if the Anthropologist can't make a determination....
Then the ME will come from SLC after that if they are less than 50 years old...
Then they will move the remains if they are determined to be less than 50 years old...

I am starting to doubt whether there is any indication at all besides location. There should still be hair... teeth... jewelry.
They should have a pretty good idea from all of those and if they can't see them, there is definitely no reason to think it's her.

I hope it's just procedural... but it makes me lose hope.

This article gives a good description of the expected progress of the investigation. Looks like it might be tomorrow before we hear anything definative.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17254003&autostart=y

It sounds as though they haven't fully uncovered the remains which is why LE is not able to give more info or be more certain this isn't or might be Susan.

How can giving out details of the grave and body ever minimize heartache? I am sure the Cox Family are completely broken and not making jack..a comments like that one.

I don't take his concern for people's feelings seriously, I think he'd have done a lot of things differently if he worried a lot about how people who loved Susan feel, but this statement was probably written by his lawyer and it makes sense to me. Having more info might help to stop the guessing and the worrying and the waiting for news about whether this is Susan or not. Say, if it looks likely that it's an ancient burial of a Native American male some time in the 19th century it would be cruel to keep Susan's relatives wondering. Of course it doesn't stop the heartache from Susan being missing but at least it stops the suspense about this discovery.

This could be a while. BLM archaeologists en route to site to determine if bones are older than 50 yrs. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

If they're thinking that the bones may be older than 50 years old, then I'm speculating that they are not wrapped in plastic - and must show signs of being there a long time or at least being decomposed somewhat.

I'm still holding out hope that this is Susan.

The thing that bugs me is that while we (and especially the Cox family) are sitting on pins and needles, JP and SP are either filled with anxiety OR not worried one bit -- because I think they are the only ones who know exactly where she is and if this is her or not. And that makes me :maddening:...!

Is there a link to the article that talks about who gave the new tip to the police? I'm assuming they haven't said what the tip was?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member