New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they found "something". What exactly, I'm not sure. Why bother bringing out an anthropologist to determine something is "recent" such as upturned soil. Wouldn't it be pretty obvious if upturned soil was recent or fairly recent as opposed to something that happened decades or centuries ago?

Also, the dogs. I can't see 7 highly trained dogs hitting on something that is not there. Maybe if it was one or two, they could be mistaken. Something is there.....

Tricia, 8 cadaver dogs hit on this site separately. An anthropologist from BLM was brought in and determined that the site was not historic or sacred burial grounds. The soil was determined to be 'recently' disturbed. The definition of 'recently' was given as no longer than 10 years. Permission was given for LE to dig.

LE sounds confident that 'human decomposition' is there, IMO. As of 5pm yesterday, they had only dug down 1 foot and nothing had been discovered.

There is a vid of the pc from yesterday somewhere. I'll see if I can find it....or maybe someone has it handy and can post it .

wm

I went to bed at 5 am thinking about this case. Nothing new yet? Would at least like a reporters take of what they see there. Surely they can see if they are still digging or not.

The thing about human remains, though, is that it is also a legal term. It's generally defined as the body of a deceased person at any stage of decomp or cremation.

Again, they're putting way too much effort, time, money, etc into this for it to just be a wild goose chase. I don't need to say that they know more than they say, because we all know that.

They want just enough information to get out, and they're deliberate about what they say. Merritt wouldn't have done the press interview and chosen his words carefully if he didn't already know what to expect.

Anything that brings them closer to returning Susan to her family and getting a conviction in this case is good.

I'm thinking they found "something". What exactly, I'm not sure. Why bother bringing out an anthropologist to determine something is "recent" such as upturned soil. Wouldn't it be pretty obvious if upturned soil was recent or fairly recent as opposed to something that happened decades or centuries ago?

Also, the dogs. I can't see 7 highly trained dogs hitting on something that is not there. Maybe if it was one or two, they could be mistaken. Something is there.....

I agree. There is "something" there, and I wanna know what it is!! :banghead:

http://www.people.com/people/articl...OPLE.com:+Top+Headlines)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

The excavation of what is being described as "a grave" was scheduled to resume Friday morning. Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, is expected to be brought to the site during the day.
Cadaver dogs are trained to alert authorities to remains buried up to 12 feet, and the ones in Utah are giving a "strong indication" that the site does contain human remains, according to Merritt.

BBM...leads me to believe they think something is actually there, and not moved.

Something is making them certain there are remains there. Whether they have used ground penetrating sonar or what I don't know. But they seem certain remains are there. They also didn't seem to want to say outright that they haven't laid eyes on the actual remains until yesterday. That is probably some type of strategy related to the suspect (IMO.)

Their comments and talking so cryptically has caused a lot of confusion, but I guess we just have to be patient and wait to see what they find during further digging.

More likely because they look like buffoons.

At this point it doesn't matter to Josh if they say remains or grave. He knows if she is there or not and his nerves will be jangling or not based on that.

The people who will be experience emotion based on the phrase human remains are everyone else.

ETA, and imo if Susan is there, they STILL shouldn't have said human remains before knowing if she is or nor..or there is a body at least.

ETA again.. and no WONDER the ME didn't want to go up. I would have refused too! Give me a body and then fine.

ok off soapbox lol

The thing about human remains, though, is that it is also a legal term. It's generally defined as the body of a deceased person at any stage of decomp or cremation.

Again, they're putting way too much effort, time, money, etc into this for it to just be a wild goose chase. I don't need to say that they know more than they say, because we all know that.

They want just enough information to get out, and they're deliberate about what they say. Merritt wouldn't have done the press interview and chosen his words carefully if he didn't already know what to expect.

Not to be controversial (and I don't think this is what is being referred to here, but not sure?) that is not quite accurate when it comes to HRD dog hits.
Human remains are defined in many different ways; and there is a great deal of scent discrimination involved with different stages of decomp- both human and otherwise.

I have a feeling they are talking a little more clearly and openly with Mr. Cox. Since they are actually letting him visit the scene.

Again- not to be controversial, but why would they do that? That makes no sense to me.

Not to be controversial (and I don't think this is what is being referred to here, but not sure?) that is not quite accurate when it comes to HRD dog hits.
Human remains are defined in many different ways; and there is a great deal of scent discrimination involved with different stages of decomp- both human and otherwise.

That's why I prefaced it with it being a legal definition. These are cops, and they tend to use legal jargon. So what they're speaking about, and what is perceived by media and all others, are possibly two different things.

Bothers me too, her family and friends must be going crazy.

I am glad Mr Cox is there..am sure he understands LE's logic. Most important that Susans mom and dad know whats going on.

Since Mr Cox is there he will have insight he needs to deal with this.

That's why I prefaced it with it being a legal definition. These are cops, and they tend to use legal jargon. So what they're speaking about, and what is perceived by media and all others, are possibly two different things.
Yep, Yep and Yep and to add what I said earlier, they truly have JP in mind when they speak too.

:wagon:

Welcome to WS SKV!! I am glad you joined the discussion. :)

wm

Thank you! i found you guys when they were looking for little Breeann Rodriguez...And Ive been reading, decided Id jump on in here. These new developments with this case are just so confusing, but I find that websleuths usually have all the details, and great theories and compassion. A perfect forum for me.

Praying for the family.. Especially her sons. Im so worried about them. I hope we know more soon.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the ol' Powell residence. You could probably build a house with all those bricks they are crapping out.

I don't think they would involve chuck cox unless they have something for him to see.

I don't think they would involve chuck cox unless they have something for him to see.

That makes sense. I think theres "something" they arent releasing to the public that makes them think shes there. Maybe a lead they got.. I know they havent found clothes or bones, but there are plenty of other things they couldve found out there...

I agree. I think he is probably in the area, but I doubt he is allowed any closer than the media is allowed to the actual "crime scene". IMO, that would be a huge mistake that could come up in trial, assuming a trial will take place in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member