GUILTY New Zealand - Dr. Lauren Dickason, 40, charged w/killing her 3 young daughters, Timaru, 16 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh god those poor babies, seeing the face of their most loved person killing them and dying so afraid
I can't stand it

She may have drugged them first, we don’t know anything about the murders, officially yet.

New Zealand, IIRC, works the same way as Britain, not much will come out until trial.

They may have simply gone ‘to sleep’ and been unaware.

That’s what I’m hoping for those three little girls.

She may have drugged them first, we don’t know anything about the murders, officially yet.

New Zealand, IIRC, works the same way as Britain, not much will come out until trial.

I hope so.

too late to edit but with strangulation the vicitims can be rendered unconscious within less than 10 seconds.

It could be a failed or aborted murder-suicide? I have heard some perpatrators claim they managed the homicide part but then couldn't bring themselves to suicide. I must admit it makes compassion more difficult for me.

yeah...that took longer than it would take to call her husband, the concierge, anyone...is hotel quarantine syndrome even a thing. sorry-- but being a physician she knew very well strangulation is a long death. she killed her children manually and slowly . i am sure she is not able to live with herself at this point.

It was manually, she tightened it and walked away.
Why murder three children and not herself?
upload_2021-9-19_13-57-59.jpeg

Medical professionals are people first.

With all the problems, stresses of life same as their patients.

Anyone can have PPD or other mental breaks, anyone.

To me, it’s very telling that she was taken to a hospital, not a jail.

It must have been very obvious to the first responders that this was not your ‘average’ killing spree.

Parents, mainly fathers will murder the children to hurt the mother but not many mothers kill their children only.

Re: the speculation about post-partum depression or psychosis;

Her youngest are 2 or nearly 3. Was their birth too long ago? There is supposed to be a hormonal element to it. (As well as the stress, upheaval and isolation that can come with birth. As well as the fact that many women go off psychiatric medication while pregnant and breastfeeding because of potential (sometimes severe) effects on the embryo/fetus/infant.)

The real tragedy here is that this poor, depressed, quarantine stressed mother of three beautiful little girls chose to murder them instead of killing herself. That's my opinion.​

I totally agree. Mothers will usually suicide rather than harm their children.

With one child killed by a parent every fortnight in Australia, some of the biggest red flags for filicide are being catastrophically missed.

Another similar incident
….the children’s father, had called triple-0 and was “assisting police with their enquiries” — he’d been arrested at the scene. But detectives quickly realised Mr Perinovic, who’d arrived home from a shopping trip to find Matthew in the kitchen, was not responsible, Katie was. All four had stab wounds, and a large knife was discovered in another room, near her and the girls’ bodies.

Missed red flags, invisible victims: Finding the courage to confront Australia's filicide problem

Re: the speculation about post-partum depression or psychosis;

Her youngest are 2 or nearly 3. Was their birth too long ago? There is supposed to be a hormonal element to it. (As well as the stress, upheaval and isolation that can come with birth. As well as the fact that many women go off psychiatric medication while pregnant and breastfeeding because of potential (sometimes severe) effects on the embryo/fetus/infant.)
Yes there’s so much we don’t know. I wonder if she didn’t want to move. Was she going to be working as well?

New Zealand mother accused of murder had 'the prettiest house' | Daily Mail Online
Sept 19 2021
''A father who found his three daughters dead at home in New Zealand - as his wife stands accused of murdering them - had helped plan their relocation from South Africa for two years, according to friends.

Orthopaedic surgeon Graham Dickason and his wife, Lauren, a fellow doctor, also had the 'prettiest and neatest house', said a woman who used to work with them at Pretoria East Hospital. ''

''The woman, who used to work with the Dickasons in the operating theatre, added: 'He is what you would call a genuine nice guy... she was more of an introvert; quiet, but very humble. It wasn't strange that she didn't speak much, it was just her nature.'

The tragedy came one week after the family moved to neighbourhood after two weeks in Covid quarantine.

Neighbours speculated stress after being quarantined 'for so long' could have left Mrs Dickason unable to cope. ''

''Many details were suppressed under New Zealand law and no cause of death for any of the three girls has emerged.''

New Zealand mother accused of murder had 'the prettiest house' | Daily Mail Online
Sept 19 2021
''A father who found his three daughters dead at home in New Zealand - as his wife stands accused of murdering them - had helped plan their relocation from South Africa for two years, according to friends.

Orthopaedic surgeon Graham Dickason and his wife, Lauren, a fellow doctor, also had the 'prettiest and neatest house', said a woman who used to work with them at Pretoria East Hospital. ''

''The woman, who used to work with the Dickasons in the operating theatre, added: 'He is what you would call a genuine nice guy... she was more of an introvert; quiet, but very humble. It wasn't strange that she didn't speak much, it was just her nature.'

The tragedy came one week after the family moved to neighbourhood after two weeks in Covid quarantine.

Neighbours speculated stress after being quarantined 'for so long' could have left Mrs Dickason unable to cope. ''

''Many details were suppressed under New Zealand law and no cause of death for any of the three girls has emerged.''
I would say that that is the DM's invention of the 'so long'. Most New Zealanders are in full agreement with quarantining.

filicide — the killing of a child by their mother, father or stepparent — is not as rare as some might imagine, with about 25 children killed by parents every year in Australia, or one child almost every two weeks. Still, it’s a poorly understood phenomenon partly because it’s so complex: filicide isn’t as common as some other kinds of homicide and no two cases are exactly alike, meaning it can be hard to pin down patterns and perpetrator motivations.

They were out of quarantine and in their new home.

Yes out of hotel quarantine for a few days or possibly a week?

I don't think they were necessarily settled in their new home though - something mentioned it was housing related to the hospital. It might have been temporary free or rented accommodation near work until they could look around and buy something?

If the cable ties / zip ties report turns out to be true;

It was manually, she tightened it and walked away.
[...]
View attachment 313247

^This is what has been on my mind.
With most garroting, suffocation and strangulation methods, the perpetrator has to keep a hold of the victim and the weapon the whole time as they struggle and fight. and they have to look at them before and after and often during the murder.
With a cable tie, once joined they can't be loosened, and if the children had tried to pull at the end, it would have only made it tighter. She didn't have to stay and see and hear what she was doing.

She could have left them to writhe in agony and die all alone.

too late to edit but with strangulation the vicitims can be rendered unconscious within less than 10 seconds.

Can be being the operative words. They can also remain conscious for several minutes of horror.

If she only tightened them relatively loosely, then she would have tortured those little girls before killing them.

Also if the cable tie method is true;

yeah...that took longer than it would take to call her husband, the concierge, anyone...is hotel quarantine syndrome even a thing. sorry-- but being a physician she knew very well strangulation is a long death. she killed her children manually and slowly . i am sure she is not able to live with herself at this point.

[...]

Why would a doctor who wanted to kill her children not use medication?!

And if she did why finish them off with strangulation?

With her knowledge of pharmaceuticals she would know inumerate methods of overdosing and poisoning.

She would know methods that are used for euthanasia in various places for humans, and animals more widely, and designed supposedly to be as pain and fear free as possible.

Doctors have unparalleled access a variety of dangerous prescription drugs.

Even if she was temporarily unable to write prescriptions because of just arriving in a new country, she would know how to do it with drugs available without prescription.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have drugs in their home she could have done it with.

Wanting to make sure they couldn't be saved when the husband came home is a disgusting possibility. But doctors work long hours. and they were very small children who would have succumbed quickly surely?

Sept 19 2021

BBM - no cause of death but someone must have told the media?

Dickason children were strangled with cable ties | Citypress

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back