GUILTY NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 Oct 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope AH shows as much strength and determination through this monsters trial as she did while he held her!! I keep seeing her face that first time he was in court, she is so so brave.

MOO!!

I always thought he let her go and drove her close to home. Why? Well apparently he hadnt graduated to being a murderer and maybe he had to leave his premises for awhile or someone was moving in or he became paranoid that someone was suspecting something.

I can't recall the exact details, but thoughts were floating around here (with which I agree) that he was possibly facing a bit of jail time from a previous charge (was it trespassing or ??), and he could not risk leaving her there alone while he was in jail.

Ugh, I feel sick :(

Nathaniel Kibby indicted on hundreds of charges in connection with kidnapping

CONCORD, N.H. —A Gorham man has been indicted on multiple counts of sexual assault, threatening and kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of a North Conway teenager last year.

The 200 pages of indictments released Wednesday detail hundreds of charges against Nathaniel Kibby, 34, alleging that he kidnapped the girl, who was 14 years old at the time, and restrained her for the purpose of sexually assaulting her.

The North Conway girl, who was 14 at the time, went missing in October 2013. She was last seen leaving Conway High School.

Link: Read unsealed indictments.

Wow!!
It looks like there is a sexual assault charge for almost everyday she was gone :(

MOO!!

I think the only thing that gives me hope right now is that I know she is at home and surrounded by wonderful loving people. I don't "know" them, but I have seen their actions and statements and I am at peace knowing she is in wonderful loving hands. I hope they can all find some peace this holiday season and they can create new, happy memories to help them heal.

Surfie, I think it was criminal trespass after a road rage incident in March, actually. I won't link to the article I found as it contains information about the victim.

SO thankful that he had that upcoming court date. It may be the only reason that the victim was released when she was, rather than being subjected to more months or years of that torture!

I say "released", because in addition to language implying she was dropped off on North-South Rd. on the night of her return back when that news hit, there are some indictments of Witness Tampering charges in the PDF's someone linked to last night. They detail that the victim was threatened with a gun and harm toward her family and animals if she led police back to him and that she was threatened until she agreed to provide a false description and sketch to police. Also that she was required to wipe down any prints she may have left on the shipping container and pour bleach down the drains... it definitely sounds like he did some prep work before she was returned.

rsbm/bbm:

Well, here are all the horrible details so many people demanded as their right to know and as proof or they could not believe this poor little girl wasn't complicit. I hope they are all satisfied now. Me? I'm sick.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say but could not find the words.

Surfie, I think it was criminal trespass after a road rage incident in March, actually. I won't link to the article I found as it contains information about the victim.

And now that I think about it, look at the tampering with evidence charges. He had her wiping down the container, pouring bleach down the drains, instructed her to wipe off her face as well as give a fake facial sketch to police (which she did). He thought he could scare her enough into not telling the truth. Ms. Young was right. AH is one hell of a strong person. All of those charges made me cry. Blessings to you, A.

BBM:
I hope AH shows as much strength and determination through this monsters trial as she did while he held her!! I keep seeing her face that first time he was in court, she is so so brave.

MOO!!

Me too. She is so brave.

And, it appears those were bruises/scars...

You managed to say what I couldn't bring myself to last night margarita, I figured we might get some answers for some of the questions we had for so long, and went and read some of the indictments, just like some of you I couldn't make it through much, I had to get off here but could not stop thinking about the sheer horrors 'A' had to endure, like you say worse than we could ever imagine. I have so much respect for this incredibly strong and beautiful young lady, and so much anger, so so much anger for that .. and I will stop there because I want to say so much more but none of it is suitable for WS.

I hate this world today, I really do. I sincerely and wholeheartedly hope dear 'A' is able to heal and live a happy life, but I agree, today I just feel like "how can you?" I'm 43 and had to endure *stuff* as a teenager and beyond, nothing like this, nothing of this magnitude but I am still trying to heal, and struggle often.

I know, Skibaboo...everything you just said...same here.

BBM:
It's worse than we ever could have thought. Ever.

AH is the strongest person I know.
She survived. She showed him that he didn't win. And, she's gonna put him away FOREVER.

ZH raised a warrior princess. May they all find peace and happiness.

Yes she is.

BBM:

Yes she is.

AH is going to reclaim her own life after that creep tried to take it away from her. And part of that is going to be the hard task of going through trial. But she seems to have resolve and fortitude that are unknown to most. At this point, I'm just echoing what everyone else has said. Based on the indictments, especially the witness tampering charges, we have learned something about her character. It helps me sleep at night to know that she is working toward healing, moving on, and making sure justice is served.

Blessings to you and your wonderful family, AH.

Somehow I got the idea from the PDFs I could stomach that he may have lured her by selling pot to her and then suddenly tazed her and grabbed her.

I'm right with you. I could only read two as well before it got to be too much. Well, here are all the horrible details so many people demanded as their right to know and as proof or they could not believe this poor little girl wasn't complicit. I hope they are all satisfied now. Me? I'm sick.

Sick about what she went though and that the salacious public will read about these things. I'm not shocked though. It's along the lines of what I thought this poor kid suffered. I'm so sad for her.

With all she endured, thankfully she was released. I'm praying that she and her family have peace and healing.

I've been looking at the indictments, and they are separated by county. The longer list is in Coos county, where Kibby lived in Gorham. The short list is in Carroll county, where the abduction happened. All of the Carroll county charges are dated the date the victim disappeared, where the Coos county ones have a long range of dates.

Some things I have noticed.
It appears that both a firearm and an electronic device where used in the abduction. It also lists the robbery of the victim's iPhone as a charge.

The charges around the pot seemed to have happened in Coos county, in Gorham, not supporting the theory that the victim was meeting him for a drug deal.

Also I want add that last Thanksgiving, in 2013, I was at my parents, in Gorham, literally just down the street --only about 1/2 mile!-- from where Kibby was holding his victim, and keeping her from her family and friends. If I had only known.....

I was there again this Thanksgiving, and one of the things I was thankful for is this year the young lady was spending Thankgiving where she belonged!

I've been quiet for a long time, but reading here. I was nauseated by the indictment and resorted to skimming as quickly as possible. We did learn some sickening details, though.

God bless her and give her and her family time to heal and get the fortitude that will be required for the trial. I hope there is a plea deal with a life term so she doesn't have to get up on the stand and testify. That's the biggest nightmare for me to contemplate.

Thanks to all who have persisted in this case. She deserves justice X 1000.

BBM:

Me too. She is so brave.

And, it appears those were bruises/scars...

Agreed. There are two bruises / scars on her throat which could have been made by the shock collar device mentioned. Horrendous.

The motorcycle helmet thing reminded me of Ariel Castro. I wonder how much he paid attention to that case. He makes me ill.

I just finished reading the book the perfect victim, and some of the things that happened to Colleen Stan also happened in this case as well...Sooo Sad really, how some of these wicked people can do these things to our young children

Hi All. As a request, as you read and process these things and you realize how horrific all of this was, for as successful as we were about getting the survivor's name out there during the search, it is just as important now that her name go away, as you all know.

If possible, if you have social media sites, whether facebook, twitter, tumblr etc where you shared missing photos or posts in the past, please consider taking the time to delete those old posts to help support what the AGs office asked for- not naming the survivor of sexual assault.

As you sit around wondering how you can help support this survivor, here is your chance. Thank you for your consideration.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back