GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not understanding the benefit- are you saying CDS buys a banner ad on the BAH site and it would also promote the BAH site every X number of times they run it? If people are already on the site, what would be the benefit of promoting the site more? People are already there.

And no plans to put ads on the site right now but I am still confused by what you are saying would be the benefit.

A Banner is added by the advertiser with your agreement and they pay you for that. But they might be persuaded to run a free ad banner on your site if they can cycle it with an ad for their own interest. I may not be understanding how bannner ads work But the benefit would be promoting the map Ap for you and promote their own site as well.

If X people are already on the site then there would be n % of X who would click the map. I am not a marketing person but I know there is a benefit to benefit result. If they banner your site and you banner their site, it's win win @ no cost.

Or maybe I am dreaming, LOL

Regardless I appreciate your input and especially the work you all do.

A Banner is added by the advertiser with your agreement and they pay you for that. But they might be persuaded to run a free ad banner on your site if they can cycle it with an ad for their own interest. I may not be understanding how bannner ads work But the benefit would be promoting the map Ap for you and promote their own site as well.

If X people are already on the site then there would be n % of X who would click the map. I am not a marketing person but I know there is a benefit to benefit result. If they banner your site and you banner their site, it's win win @ no cost.

Or maybe I am dreaming, LOL

Regardless I appreciate your input and especially the work you all do.
If I'm understanding this… I think it means:
Because the map has such high traffic you could sell ad space on it or the site. OR cross advertise site-to-site without payment involved. This would cause more traffic to the site, and more traffic to others from the map and keep the cycle going? Is that what you are saying, Steleheart?

*I don't think FB allows much in advertising format without having to go through them, which always involves cash*

If I'm understanding this… I think it means:
Because the map has such high traffic you could sell ad space on it or the site. OR cross advertise site-to-site without payment involved. This would cause more traffic to the site, and more traffic to others from the map and keep the cycle going? Is that what you are saying, Steleheart?

Yes. That was my thinking but on the bringabbyhome.com site not FB

There are banner networks that are completely free to use, you create a banner for your website and submit it to the network, then insert ad code into your own web site, which displays banners from other sites in the network, once you do this your banner is displayed on all other sites in the network. It would be rotational along with all other banners in the network. It is a good way to get your content to a wider audience but it does involve placing an ad on your site promoting other web sites. You could in theory create a banner for the map and just insert ad code into the map page of the BAH site.

Although I know it is all well intentioned, there isn't any desire right now to put ads on the website.

To quote Rumplestiltskin, "All Magic has a Price" and the complete lack of control we would have over the web ad content (look to the right of this post to comprehend what I mean) and the lack of control as to where the ad could appear is not worth potentially driving people away from the site.

Thanks for the ideas though and keep them coming.

You mean you aren't interested in Weight Watchers? LOL Seriously, I think the idea would only work if you were to speak directly with specific businesses, not random advertising. Noooo way. That said, I get that there is enough traffic on the website right now. THOUGH, is it ever 'enough' if Abby isn't home yet? Seriously, I fully realize all you guys are doing. The positive is that people are thinking so if ever a new push is needed you'll have a full arsenal of ideas ;)

Although I know it is all well intentioned, there isn't any desire right now to put ads on the website.

To quote Rumplestiltskin, "All Magic has a Price" and the complete lack of control we would have over the web ad content (look to the right of this post to comprehend what I mean) and the lack of control as to where the ad could appear is not worth potentially driving people away from the site.

Thanks PK.

I understand.

There are banner networks that are completely free to use, you create a banner for your website and submit it to the network, then insert ad code into your own web site, which displays banners from other sites in the network, once you do this your banner is displayed on all other sites in the network. It would be rotational along with all other banners in the network. It is a good way to get your content to a wider audience but it does involve placing an ad on your site promoting other web sites. You could in theory create a banner for the map and just insert ad code into the map page of the BAH site.

skibaboo- I am just going to leave it to the marketing peopled. ZK is te expert Om them there thangs LOOL

Website looks great...hope it helps, maybe someone will see it and recognize her...

There's a new message from ZH on the bringabbyhome.com site (from 3/10). I can't believe she's still missing. Find your way home, Abby!

skibaboo- I am just going to leave it to the marketing peopled. ZK is te expert Om them there thangs LOOL

Hey it does not hurt to throw out ideas! I understand PK's reasoning, 100% I don't like ads but trying to get a website started you have to do what you have to do. In this case I think SM is key and BAH have that covered, PK and AS have done a fantastic job!

Oh and who the ... is kabob? o_O (your post quoting my post)

Hey it does not hurt to throw out ideas! I understand PK's reasoning, 100% I don't like ads but trying to get a website started you have to do what you have to do. In this case I think SM is key and BAH have that covered, PK and AS have done a fantastic job!

Oh and who the ... is kabob? o_O (your post quoting my post)

It's my keyboard - its gone kablooy lately. LOL Sorry

And who the hey is ZK? LOL Y'all knew what I meant.

Great plug for "Once Upon a Time" heh.

I'm tryin to think but nothin happens.

It IS an interesting idea though. The more people who are brought to the Bring Abby Home site, the better! Is everyone here on Facebook? I try to post a link for Abby once a week or so. SOMEONE out there knows where she is, or what happened to her.

Bring Abby Home!

Praying for Abby to be home soon. When the entire world cannot find a huge jet, I feel like we'll need a miracle to find this young lady. Let's hope we get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018