GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: if my thoughts have changed with the passage of time, I am actually more optimistic than I used to be. I've had a bad feeling about this case in the past, but in light of recent cases which have turned out positively I tend to hope she has voluntarily disappeared (with a boyfriend), and has not been met with foul play. But then it makes me wonder, if this is the case, what kind of boyfriend...

You know, I really have no idea about this one. I seem to go back and forth on my thoughts.

It is possible I suppose for a bus to "escape" on.....but would there be video evidence of someone purchasing a ticket? A single young girl, either disguised or not? And is she was last seen about 2:35, is it enough time to get to the station, get a ticket and leave prior to the ping at 3:07? ( I doubt she would linger in the bus station for a later bus if she did this, she'd want to get away asap). How often does a cell phone "ping" a tower? I read it was to update info. etc on the more up to date models of phone. But, what was the ping for? Does a phone "ping" every hour? Every 5 minutes? Would you know your phone was pinging a tower? And that darn shoulder bag still bothers me.....it is in the school video image, but the police released pics of the purse, locket and phone. Why not the bag? If you were close enough to see a locket or specific type of phone, a large bag would also be recognizable.

Two things come to mind here-

1. the ticket or tickets could have been purchased in advance by someone else.

2. Take a look at this, from the Concord Bus Lines information:

http://www.concordcoachlines.com/index.php/ticketing-information

Is there a student/military/senior discount for tickets?
A student fare discount of $5.00 is available for college students on regular round-trip tickets only when traveling to and from Bangor, Augusta, and Portland, ME to Boston South Station and Logan Airport. This discount does not apply to same-day round-trips tickets. There are no student discounts available for the Maine Coastal Route. A College Student ID must be presented to the Ticket Agent at time of purchase. No other school documents will be accepted. Student round-trip discount is good for 90 days. This discount cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promotions. This discount is for college students only; high school students are not eligible to receive the college student discount. Special fares for Plymouth State University students.

This was a very busy time in North Conway, due to the long weekend (Columbus Day Weekend). There would be a lot of kids sight seeing around that time.

Could she have had a friend or two that was in college, one that lent her their ID while the other traveled with her to her destination, then came back alone with the other friend's borrowed ID?

I know it's probably a long shot, but it is a possibility. Especially where that bus goes by the Cranmore area. Also, perhaps Concord Bus Lines are not the only bus company that travels out from North Conway. I believe I read that Greyhound as well as US Coachways has busses going through there.

Oh, and the shoulder bag also bothers me. She could have fit an outfit as well as a disguise in there (sunglasses, hat, make up, etc) and changed in a gas station bathroom or something. I found it odd that there was never a picture of it displayed with the necklace, phone, and purse.

There is the case of a missing teenager here in Colorado, Hana Shae Pendergrast, who was last seen at the bus station. She has since been located 2 weeks later panhandling in Chicago.

There is also another case (I've forgotten the girl's name, sorry) who had been missing for about a year and was since located (via a P.I.) living with her boyfriend.

You can purchase tickets on-line - you just need to have your ticket and ID when you board the bus. She would need access to a Visa/MC or Discover card to buy online but it can be done.

that's what I am saying- someone else could have purchased her ticket or perhaps two tickets- maybe they traveled with her, borrowed another friend's ID to get her to her destination, then the friend came back alone with the other friend's borrowed ID? Again, I know it is a long shot, but who knows?

I probably couldn't figure out how to do such things on line.....but a teenager could. Wouldn't that leave an electronic footprint though? And when LE searches for electronic footprints, does it leave a record of sites she visited online? Chat room discussions? I know my cell phone bill tells me which numbers I call, or who called me....but would it say if a caller ID was blocked? If you need ID to board the bus someone should remember her....or if it was fake ID it reinforces the "outside" help aspect I would think.
If you wanted to throw people off the trail, why not have phone turn up somewhere far away in another direction?
I read that in the early part of the search they checked computer records. I'm guessing this was a computer at home. Did she have a laptop with her at school? Was that in the shoulder bag?
I guess I keep hoping that if she left of her own free will, that she can also return that way too. It's a reach I will admit......but hope burns eternal.

I probably couldn't figure out how to do such things on line.....but a teenager could. Wouldn't that leave an electronic footprint though? And when LE searches for electronic footprints, does it leave a record of sites she visited online? Chat room discussions? I know my cell phone bill tells me which numbers I call, or who called me....but would it say if a caller ID was blocked? If you need ID to board the bus someone should remember her....or if it was fake ID it reinforces the "outside" help aspect I would think.
If you wanted to throw people off the trail, why not have phone turn up somewhere far away in another direction?
I read that in the early part of the search they checked computer records. I'm guessing this was a computer at home. Did she have a laptop with her at school? Was that in the shoulder bag?
I guess I keep hoping that if she left of her own free will, that she can also return that way too. It's a reach I will admit......but hope burns eternal.

Only if they know all the computers that she had access to. Did she use a computer at the library? Did she use a friend's computer? If you know what you're doing and kids these days are all pretty tech-savy, it would only take a couple of minutes to buy tickets online.

As far as ID at the bus station - if the police never asked there because they didn't think it was a logical option, then the person/people working there would have to follow the news to know that she was missing and relate the two together. Otherwise, they check so many people in and out on a daily basis, they could have checked her in and never thought about it again.

From pictures, she looks like should could pass for someone old enough to travel by herself, a college student of which there are a ton in that area.

Maybe someone (boyfriend) gave Abby a trac phone, hence the lack of an electronic footprint. If an older man was grooming / enticing her, he would know the trouble he could get in for being with a minor, so maybe he set up an untraceable form of communication beforehand? just thinking out loud...

If she did leave willingly or was duped, and that appeal from LE triggered the letter, then she knows all about the search and the efforts of so many people. Her mother has written an open letter to her saying all this attention could be put behind them and they could start a new life. It would take a lot of guts to come forward now and announce you left of your own free will (if she did do that). I can imagine it would take so much courage to come back and face people knowing the lengths they have gone to to assist. The fact that her mom addresses that in her open letter makes me believe that Abby's letter raised that very issue.

As I said above- Abby may not have purchased the tickets herself! She may have had a friend who was in college or older than 18 who purchased the tickets on another day. He or she could have paid cash, too, which wouldn't leave a paper trail.

there were two teenagers that went missing in Massachusetts a few weeks after Abby went missing. Guess how they got to a state in the south (Virginia, I believe)? they traveled by bus, and they were just 14 years old! There was a thread on here about them. There was also a teen from Vermont who also disappeared around when Abby did. Not sure how she traveled, but she was out of town and had found a way to go without being spotted. She, too, was found safe and sound, thank goodness- but no one knew where she went or how at the time she was missing.

From the Cranmore Mountain Lodge website:

Transportation Concord Coach Line provide bus transportation coming from Boston, Portland, New York City and other towns. The terminal in North Conway is just 5 minutes from us.

http://www.hosteltraveler.com/New-Hampshire-hostels/Cranmore-Mountain-Lodge_North-Conway.htm
Your idea about the bus route combined with the change of clothes in the shoulder bag is the best idea I have read here in months. I hope it was an idea that LE pursued in October.

I suppose it's all possible! I am just not that resourceful so such things did not occur to me. I remember reading somewhere that someone mused what would Abby look like with short hair.....or even dyed? It would be possible to pass as someone else.

Another stupid and outrageous thought just came to me, but I'm going to toss it out there anyway. Up in North Conway, they have canoe, kayak, and tube rentals. Could Abby have paddled her way down the river to another location?

I know when we brought our canoe on the Saco River, it got stuck in several shallow areas in the summer time, so this is probably just a silly idea on my part and probably should just be nixed, but one never knows. Being a young and adventurous kid myself, I was always canoeing, kayaking, and sailing as a kid with friends at a campground as well as other lakes and rivers. It would be an easy way to get to another town for a kid going down the Saco River. Several campgrounds are in that area, too.

Crazy, right? At least it's not talking about the infamous letter.

I took a canoe trip on the Saco some years ago . YA it was more like a canoe DRAG. I had to push and pull it through the sand LOL. That was in August. Abby started school in Sept. and went missing Oct 9 not 1 month after starting high school. To my recollection the Saco was way low during that week. It's not stupid or outrageous, SL. I was thinking lately of the climber who fell off Cathedral edge after finishing his climb,,,

http://www.wmur.com/news/climber-dies-in-fall-from-cathedral-ledge/26946980#!bi4kr8

Just sad. I just wonder if she didn't hook up with someone for what she thought was the afternoon but it turned into eternity. Sad thoughts.

GREAT NEWS!!!!! Abby has been found alive!!!! Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Conway Police Chief Edward Wagner, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn and FBI Supervisory Senior Resident Agent in Charge William Scott O’Donnell are pleased to announce that Abigail Hernandez was safely reunited with her family yesterday evening. The facts and circumstances surrounding Abigail’s disappearance continue to be actively investigated by members of the agencies noted above. Further details will be provided once it has been determined that releasing additional information will not compromise the integrity of the on-going criminal investigation. Law enforcement thanks the public for its cooperation and assistance in the investigation over the past months and continues to welcome the public’s assistance as the investigation continues.

The Hernandez family has requested privacy as they assist with the law enforcement efforts and as they spend time supporting and caring for Abigail. Zenya Hernandez, Abigail’s mother, has informed law enforcement officers that “today we are the happiest people on earth”.

my source is the NH Attorney General......... this is AWESOME!!!!

Happy that she is home, no matter the circumstances or whether or not we will ever know what really happened, she is alive, safe, and with her loved ones and that's all that really matters. Welcome home Abby.

Heard it just now on WBZ radio. Can't wait to get the details after all this time.

So what happens if she was just a runaway? Are there charges? I actually hope she just ran away and that no one physically or emotionally hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli