GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the cameraman at least thought that was Abby in white. ;) I'm still browsing photos, though. If that's Abby, it sure doesn't resemble the profile of her in the 'Missing' poster (striped sweater). The gal in the white has two distinct bends to her nose (like mom) and also a slight double chin.

Those photos were over 9 months old now, she was 14, shes now almost 16, shes growing up and changing, add to that what she may have had to endure through this ordeal. It's Abby on the left of ZH in the aisle seat with the white top on and hair down, 100% IMHO

I wish I had an ounce of her strength!

So State Law in New Hampshire for kidnapping can be a Felony Class B with a max 7 years? Seems people need to band together and get that punishment amended.

It has a lot to do with the type of 'kidnapping' he is being accused of. And remember, sometimes parents of children who keep their children from the custodial parent are charged with this same Felony B 'harboring' charge (released prior to arrest with no harm done to victim). I think the punishment is appropriate for this particular charge. If all the stuff people are imagining went on gets added to the charges, the punishment may later become more appropriate to match--but it's important to recognize that this current charge is based only on current evidence, and is about the lightest kidnapping charge out there, right now.

ETA:

My big question is why this jerk stayed in his trailer as if his life would contue in normal fashion after releasing AH??

having traced the images posted on a certain AR15 site back to that member's photobucket account. I feel pretty confident that is NOT our perp. Possibly related to but not thinking its our actual perp's account or postings.

I will not be linking it for that reason.

It has a lot to do with the type of 'kidnapping' he is being accused of. (And remember, sometimes parents of children who keep their children from the custodial parent are charged with this same Felony B 'harboring' charge (released prior to arrest with no harm done to victim). I think the punishment is appropriate for this particular charge. If all the stuff people are imagining went on gets added to the charges, the punishment may later become more appropriate--but it's important to recognize that this current charge is based only on current evidence, and is about the lightest kidnapping charge out there, right now.

Actually, I agree with you. And I kind of hate myself for it but it seems fair to some extent-the punishment should fit the crime. In this case-she was held almost a year-so maybe some provisions on time of confinement?
Personally? I would have to......you know. What the Godfather says and all that.

Sorry to be a pain but the perp let her go?? Did Abby tell police this? Did she walk all the way home? I'm having a hard time believing she just didn't escape because he left a door unlocked by mistake or something. JMO

Those photos were over 9 months old now, she was 14, shes now almost 16, shes growing up and changing, add to that what she may have had to endure through this ordeal. It's Abby on the left of ZH in the aisle seat with the white top on and hair down, 100% IMHO

I wish I had an ounce of her strength!

I totally agree with you.

I am in awe of such a young person showing so much strength. The resiliency of the ladies in this family in the face of everything that has happened is inspiring.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ighbors-say/xxTmpK9lpsVN1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html

Crystal L, 31, said she grew up around the neighborhood and her father still lives near Kibby, so she visits often.
A cousin, Angel Wh, dated Kibby for several years and even lived with him on Brookside Drive, but they broke up a couple of years ago, L said.
Kibby attended some of L’s family events, she said, keeping mostly quiet. She said he “used to complain” about the government “all the time” and frequently carried a handgun.
L said Kibby was sometimes aggressive toward her cousin when they dated, and that she hadn’t seen him in several months. But she called news of his arrest disturbing
“I was beyond myself,” she said.

(snipped)

Wow I know many members of the L family--know of Crystal from hearing them speak of her. I'm dumbstruck that this case I've been following so closely since she was taken has hit so close to home.

Sorry to be a pain but the perp let her go?? Did Abby tell police this? Did she walk all the way home? I'm having a hard time believing she just didn't escape because he left a door unlocked by mistake or something. JMO

In Abby's thank you note to the public (read on Today show), she used the expression "my release." Right after she returned, LE were seeking the public's help regarding if anyone saw a blue truck or a gal wearing her same clothes on the North-South road that night of her return...it led many to wonder if LE thought she was driven back to North-South road and dropped off. No more word on that until trial, I'm sure.

In response to a post above, I also find it interesting that the accused did not go into hiding, and was arrested without incident in his home.

Let me preface this by saying that I am very glad his bail was set so high. But, does anyone else find it kind of odd that it was set for a million? I would've expected more charges to be added for it to be that high.
Also I wonder why his DA didn't argue with the amount. Wouldn't the state have had to give up more info to justify the amount?

matou, we do not know. that info has not been released. We suspect she was driven near to the area she went missing from and was dropped off. We are basing this suspicion on the fact that LE asked people who were in the area on that roadyway during a certain point in the evening of Abby's return to contact LE and report if they saw Abby specifically or a young woman generally wearing the clothing Abby both disappeared and reappeared wearing.

That in addition to Abby's reference to "my release" during the Today show coverage the other morning.

The postings by "kibby" on city-data are not NK. He was still posting since NK has been arrested. He just happens to go by Kibby and happens to have a lot of political postings.

There is another shoe that will drop?

Let me preface this by saying that I am very glad his bail was set so high. But, does anyone else find it kind of odd that it was set for a million? I would've expected more charges to be added for it to be that high.
Also I wonder why his DA didn't argue with the amount. Wouldn't the state have had to give up more info to justify the amount?

In time, In due time.
Charges can always be added, I'm betting they will be.

apparently he did let her go, or the charge would have been different. i dont imagine jane young would miss that...

edit - unless that is a charge that can be ammended as investigation uncovers more information

that was an interesting argument in court today btw

There is a photobucket account linked to the user 'Kibby' on the gun site and there are photos of of a man that looks like the sketch, especially the eyes.

Creepy.

And he is from New Hampshire and he is short and slightly overweight.

I am 99.9% certain this is the other guy.

what "other guy"?

I feel confident that the defense team going in knew full well what the sentence would be......everyone is buying time at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict