GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it would ping if the battery had been tossed.
I think you're probably right about that (although I saw at least one site that said it will still ping without the battery as there are some backup systems in the phone...who knows), but I was just addressing the remark that it would have to be on to ping.

OK...
So my main question is, where was Abby going? (if indeed she was walking away from school yet not towards her home?)
If I understand it right (and I've read EVERY post but much of it has been skim-reading), she turned off on her walk "home" and headed in a different direction from what we would expect had she intended to go directly home.

So, I believe Abby was going somewhere for a bit inbetween school ending and back to practise (running). She had a few hours, right? Has it ever been confirmed that she was due to show up for track practise?

I think that if she was going to meet a friend from her school, she'd have walked WITH them.

So I believe that
a) she was going to meet somebody who didn't go to her school (but if that was the case, there would more than likely be social media/texting records of this)
b) she was going somewhere alone (e.g. to get some fast food, to a library, to browse the mall/shops) <-- depends on what is in the area

I'm just surprised, I guess,that nobody has come forward and said "Oh, Abby planned to do X, Y, Z after school". Friends talk to each other!

Mind you, doesn't mean LE don't know that information.

A phone can ping when turned off but not when battery is removed...and not all phones. This dilemma comes up in almost every case.

Phones seldom seem to really help in MP cases, it seems. Despite all of the built-in gadgetry. JMO

OK...
So my main question is, where was Abby going? (if indeed she was walking away from school yet not towards her home?)
If I understand it right (and I've read EVERY post but much of it has been skim-reading), she turned off on her walk "home" and headed in a different direction from what we would expect had she intended to go directly home.

So, I believe Abby was going somewhere for a bit inbetween school ending and back to practise (running). She had a few hours, right? Has it ever been confirmed that she was due to show up for track practise?

I think that if she was going to meet a friend from her school, she'd have walked WITH them.

So I believe that
a) she was going to meet somebody who didn't go to her school (but if that was the case, there would more than likely be social media/texting records of this)
b) she was going somewhere alone (e.g. to get some fast food, to a library, to browse the mall/shops) <-- depends on what is in the area

I'm just surprised, I guess,that nobody has come forward and said "Oh, Abby planned to do X, Y, Z after school". Friends talk to each other!

Mind you, doesn't mean LE don't know that information.

i think it was confirmed from a poster that had access to the cross country roster that Abby wasn't on the team so wherever she was going i doubt she intended on returning to school at any point later that day. But i do agree with your points A and B. Hopefully if a friend did talk to her and know where she was headed they shared this info w/LE

I agree I think she was taken off the street quickly
And her phone was tossed.

I posted this is Gen Cormier's thread (re: a Dept. of Corrections K9 team that tracks cellphones), and LilTexans wanted me to post it here when I found the link...wanted to let yall know I'm still trying to find the link, put out a request in Alexis's thread for help with this.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9910898&postcount=251

You made me think when I saw this.

Meet John D the search and rescue dog.

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/2...-dog-named-Americas-top-search-and-rescue-dog

I think he has found a cell phone in the water also.

Has it been confirmed that Abby more or less always walked the power line trail on her way from scholl rather than using the Eagles Way entrance/exit road from the high school down to US 302?
If so, I keep wondering why she would have preferred to use the power line trail instead of Eagles Way. (BTW there is a youtube video somewhere which shows a drive from Kennet High School along Eagles Way all the way down to US 302). It´s a wide, slightly curving road through empty forest land and which looks like having a fairly decent shoulder to walk on.
Something makes me think that Abby may be a rather lonely girl with not too many good friends of her own age. Was she perhaps being bullied at school and could this possibly be why she prefers to walk home rather than going by school bus?
What do you think here?

Tracking Dogs tracked her scent to her home.
It says Dogs with S.
So how many Dogs tracked her down to the house?
If more than 1 Dog tracked her down there, how could they find that not accurate?

This one says - 5 sniffer dogs
Kieran Ramsey, from the FBI, confirmed today that teams are continuing their searches using five sniffer dog teams.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-safe-return-birthday-message-daughter.html

New Hampshire Fish and Game official says five dog teams were out Monday looking for Abigail Hernandez near Kennett High School.
http://www.necn.com/10/14/13/Missin...home/landing.html?blockID=855109&feedID=11106

Police deployed search dogs at her last known location at Kennett High School. The dogs followed her scent back to Abigail's home at 86 Village Way, leading police to believe that she returned there before she disappeared.
http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/259465/3/Search-underway-for-missing-Conway-NH-teenager

Has it been confirmed that Abby more or less always walked the power line trail on her way from scholl rather than using the Eagles Way entrance/exit road from the high school down to US 302?
If so, I keep wondering why she would have preferred to use the power line trail instead of Eagles Way. (BTW there is a youtube video somewhere which shows a drive from Kennet High School along Eagles Way all the way down to US 302). It´s a wide, slightly curving road through empty forest land and which looks like having a fairly decent shoulder to walk on.
Something makes me think that Abby may be a rather lonely girl with not too many good friends of her own age. Was she perhaps being bullied at school and could this possibly be why she prefers to walk home rather than going by school bus?
What do you think here?

I would say she took that route because it was the most scenic and I think Abby had friends. I see some of them posting on Facebook. She also had a boyfriend of 9 months and seems tight with his family and his friends.

I do think she was a lonely girl in the family department. Mother's job has to be hard since she is on unpaid leave. Not getting home til 7 at night I would think Abby a very lonely girl with her sister in college.

No dad around and mom's boyfriend gone. Speaking of which I wonder how much time <mod snip> and Abby spent together when mom worked?

I seem to have more and more questions as time goes on.

Also another one. How come navy guy is only gone for four months. I thought deployment was for 2 years!

I went back to April 2013(6 months) and ALL posts made on AH FB page were done AFTER/Later than 5:30 PM. Zero were posted earlier in the day. There are a few photos not on the Timeline with earlier time stamps- 1/25 Friday in the AM.

Many were much later but the earliest was 5:30 PM. Could have many explanations.

Feb-Mar 2013 Posts made earlier in the day.

Was her time spent differently prior to March/April? Relationship(s)?

https://www.facebook.com/abby.hernandez.1848

What do you think here?

Tracking Dogs tracked her scent to her home.
It says Dogs with S.
So how many Dogs tracked her down to the house?
If more than 1 Dog tracked her down there, how could they find that not accurate?

This one says - 5 sniffer dogs
Kieran Ramsey, from the FBI, confirmed today that teams are continuing their searches using five sniffer dog teams.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-safe-return-birthday-message-daughter.html

New Hampshire Fish and Game official says five dog teams were out Monday looking for Abigail Hernandez near Kennett High School.
http://www.necn.com/10/14/13/Missin...home/landing.html?blockID=855109&feedID=11106

Police deployed search dogs at her last known location at Kennett High School. The dogs followed her scent back to Abigail's home at 86 Village Way, leading police to believe that she returned there before she disappeared.
http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/259465/3/Search-underway-for-missing-Conway-NH-teenager

So now the question for me is can a scent dog tell if the trail is from Wednesday or Tuesday. If Abby used that route every day can it be distinguished it was used on the last day Abby was seen or heard from?

So now the question for me is can a scent dog tell if the trail is from Wednesday or Tuesday. If Abby used that route every day can it be distinguished it was used on the last day Abby was seen or heard from?

I don't think so, only that the trail does exist.

Does it mentioned anywhere which trail did these Dogs passed by?

I was thinking when they dogs followed the trail it was her normal path home.
I don't think we ever saw the trail that the dogs found mapped out.

I know dogs can find scent trails that are weeks old. Find cadavers in the water that are 80 feet deep. That could have been a trail easily from the day before.

I know dogs can find scent trails that are weeks old. Find cadavers in the water that are 80 feet deep. That could have been a trail easily from the day before.

Why did LE think that the dog was wrong and she didn't reach home?

I thought it was decided that the dogs caught her scent from previous day once they found no trace of her having been in the house, but not sure. It would not make the dogs wrong, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme