GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131104/NEWS07/131109728/-1/sports21&template=newhampshire1407

Sunday night's online vigil to aid the search for Abigail Hernandez spread to as far away as Ireland, as friends of the missing girl tried to reach out for more information to people who may not have heard she is missing.

And law enforcement was watching, according to the FBI's Kieran Ramsey, in case there were clues to be found that might aid in the missing person investigation.

(snipped)

Ramsey said the FBI, which maintains a staff in Conway with a full-time agent on duty using law enforcement professionals to conduct "targeted" searches and investigations, said the FBI was in touch with Kirsch over the weekend, giving him photos of Abigail as requested.

The vigil "was fantastic to see," Ramsey said, adding that FBI agents were monitoring the vigil for clues.

Aside from that, "there's nothing new to report" in the investigation, he said.

as far as the molly bish case, this is a little more of what i sense may have happened to abby although i could be wrong..... my feeling is yes, it could have been an aquaintance and she willingly got in a vehicle ..... BUT i have a strong feeling that she was being watched by a creep.... and i have made it clear there are at least a few and NH has MANY unsolved cases involving female victims.......

i agree, i think its similar to what could have happened to her in terms of the type of perp and his watching her. and i think this creep knows the area very well. i'm starting to lean more towards someone in their late 20's-early 40's, still living at home w/parents or family in the area who comes and goes frequently, can't hold a stable job, might have a criminal record, but grew up in the area and still has roots there. thats just my little profile i have thought of. the person may have already left the area again suddenly. or suddenly quit a job, stuff like that. i hope employers who have noticed weird behavior by anyone that would have been off work during the time Abby disappeared would call this in to police, especially if they had someone quit suddenly or just not show up again, or show up with scratches, or other wounds on them (sorry to be graphic).

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131104/NEWS07/131109728/-1/sports21&template=newhampshire1407

Sunday night's online vigil to aid the search for Abigail Hernandez spread to as far away as Ireland, as friends of the missing girl tried to reach out for more information to people who may not have heard she is missing.

And law enforcement was watching, according to the FBI's Kieran Ramsey, in case there were clues to be found that might aid in the missing person investigation.

(snipped)

Ramsey said the FBI, which maintains a staff in Conway with a full-time agent on duty using law enforcement professionals to conduct "targeted" searches and investigations, said the FBI was in touch with Kirsch over the weekend, giving him photos of Abigail as requested.

The vigil "was fantastic to see," Ramsey said, adding that FBI agents were monitoring the vigil for clues.

okay maybe i'm reading too much into this but the part about FBI agents monitoring the vigil for clues (which i expect they would obviously do as i'm sure we all here agree this is an obvious thing for them to do) maybe they have a few people they have concerns about in regards to her disappearance and wanted to see if these people logged in for it? or were interested in seeing who didn't log in that one would think would log in? either way, its clear as Takeitfromme has told us from the beginning, that LE and the FBI are taking the social media angle very seriously and have been since day one

How often has the quilty party been on WS? Wonder how many cases it happens in...

okay maybe i'm reading too much into this but the part about FBI agents monitoring the vigil for clues (which i expect they would obviously do as i'm sure we all here agree this is an obvious thing for them to do) maybe they have a few people they have concerns about in regards to her disappearance and wanted to see if these people logged in for it? or were interested in seeing who didn't log in that one would think would log in? either way, its clear as Takeitfromme has told us from the beginning, that LE and the FBI are taking the social media angle very seriously and have been since day one

I pretty much just assumed they would be monitoring this online event. They brought in the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) that first night I believe. From what I understand they are still assisting with the internet end of this investigation, as well as the Secret Service.
In the media it has been reported that several of her friends, in particular the ones she was texting which I will ASSUME is her boyfriend and a close girl friend have been helpful and cooperative throughout all of this. I know they are working very hard and it is definitely reassuring to have Kieran Ramsey tell the media they were watching and investigating.....

sorry to keep posting and hijacking the thread, im sick in bed w/sore throat and am catching up on all the cases i follow on here..

there was a case a few hours from me (the name is escaping me right now but I think the victims name was Brian) about a year ago where a child went missing and the tip that lead them to the perp was a bartender from a local bar in a small town who had a somewhat regular customer come in all the time by himself. the boy was abducted walking home from a friends house. the last time the perp was seen at the bar was the day before, and he never returned. the bartender called it in on a whim just to let LE know. I believe there was a media interview w/her i remember seeing on the local news saying she felt weird calling it in at first bc she didn't want to make a fuss over something that could be nothing..but it turned out that LE was somehow able to locate this guy, question him, and he confessed.

to any locals, are there a lot of local bars in the area? i would think someone who would do this obviously has Mental health problems but might also have substance abuse issues as well, could be alcoholic, etc.. Just a thought.

On a side note..too much dayquil makes me way too talkative and loopy

sorry to keep posting and hijacking the thread, im sick in bed w/sore throat and am catching up on all the cases i follow on here..

there was a case a few hours from me (the name is escaping me right now but I think the victims name was Brian) about a year ago where a child went missing and the tip that lead them to the perp was a bartender from a local bar in a small town who had a somewhat regular customer come in all the time by himself. the boy was abducted walking home from a friends house. the last time the perp was seen at the bar was the day before, and he never returned. the bartender called it in on a whim just to let LE know. I believe there was a media interview w/her i remember seeing on the local news saying she felt weird calling it in at first bc she didn't want to make a fuss over something that could be nothing..but it turned out that LE was somehow able to locate this guy, question him, and he confessed.

to any locals, are there a lot of local bars in the area? i would think someone who would do this obviously has Mental health problems but might also have substance abuse issues as well, could be alcoholic, etc.. Just a thought.

On a side note..too much dayquil makes me way too talkative and loopy

lol i was sick 2 weeks ago and dayquil made me nuts !!!! there is a couple bars in the general area as well as restaurants... but the lil local bar that comes to mind for me is Hillbillys...... its a bbq place but also a bar its on the white mtn hwy wch is rt 16/302

I dunno about this one...I just get burned out on no news and then sadness just like Hailey Dunn and Holly Bobo. I followed those since day one and no closure. I get so frustrated.

I'm now scared of Maine and MA!! Yikes. I seriously thought all creeps hung around the small towns in the south and bayous and junk like that. Not sleepy peaceful new england towns?? I guess Stephen King was onto something. I have so many questions but dont wanna hijack this thread.

(snipped)

what I find strange is that from what I can see myself, and myself only, is that the majority of the folks that partook in this vigil weren't even from that area. I've been watching closely, lots of folks from out of town and folks from out of state/country that partook in this event, even those who are allegedly close to her either barely took part in it or didn't at all.

I dunno about this one...I just get burned out on no news and then sadness just like Hailey Dunn and Holly Bobo. I followed those since day one and no closure. I get so frustrated.

I'm now scared of Maine and MA!! Yikes. I seriously thought all creeps hung around the small towns in the south and bayous and junk like that. Not sleepy peaceful new england towns?? I guess Stephen King was onto something. I have so many questions but dont wanna hijack this thread.

Ask away! Maybe number them in a list and those of us from around here can tackle them one as we know the answer.

As for me...grew up outside of Boston and now live in southern NH.

Sadly this is just the world we live in..... it's everywhere.... all over the U.S., Canada..... everywhere....... it's a disturbing part of life.... we are just more aware now where there is more media coverage of these things than say 30 years ago

It's really no big shocker that LE is monitoring vigils, whether online or "real life." This is a pretty normal SOP in almost every MP case. I guess I don't see why it's such a revelation in this case? LE is always present at vigils, gatherings, memorial services, press conferences, etc. for these kinds of things. They also always monitor SM, whether it's for online vigils or just to monitor for clues on a daily basis.

Sadly this is just the world we live in..... it's everywhere.... all over the U.S., Canada..... everywhere....... it's a disturbing part of life.... we are just more aware now where there is more media coverage of these things than say 30 years ago

ETA.... were are allot more informed today on how to use the media to help us find our missing children..... and we have John Walsh to thank for that..... he is a brilliant proactive man and I have learned much from following his shows and specials and websites, etc......

what I find strange is that from what I can see myself, and myself only, is that the majority of the folks that partook in this vigil weren't even from that area. I've been watching closely, lots of folks from out of town and folks from out of state/country that partook in this event, even those who are allegedly close to her either barely took part in it or didn't at all.

bingo.

that's exactly what i took from it as well...but i'm just a rabbit. :giggle:

We need Dr Spencer Reid to show up in New Hampshire! Yes, watching too much TV..... reruns on every night..... but seriously.

And we have plenty of creeps here in NH. But hopefully no more than anywhere else!
Lots of great people too :D

I think the world has gotten extremely scary. I know all the crimes we have today , they had 100 years ago, but they are getting far more frequent.
Laws have to change. A murderer can be out of jail and lead a full life. That is never ok.
The criminals in this country have far too many rights. Where are the rights for the victims?
Look at Lisa Irwins parents. ...wont talk
Sky....mom won't talk
Baby Kate.....dad wont talk (has faced charges and been found guilty of some)
Aliayah......
Gabrielle. ....
Hailey Dunn...
And on and on. Scary world , scary people, wrong laws
Rant over...sorry

Going off one of the maps on page 5 - the one that shows the most direct route home to be up the school driveway/roadway rather than the cut through. I often wonder who or what was in Redstone as I feel that is where Abigail was headed that day. I think I missed most of the 1st thread and looked at the posts quickly but I cannot recall that being discussed.

ETA.... were are allot more informed today on how to use the media to help us find our missing children..... and we have John Walsh to thank for that..... he is a brilliant proactive man and I have learned much from following his shows and specials and websites, etc......

I feel like spreading the word about missing persons was more difficult before the Internet, and even more difficult before the 24/7 cable news channels. There are old articles about missing children in the 1980's, where the case is described as pretty much being a "media circus" but when they describe the coverage, it doesn't seem like much. I feel like prior to...X year...just being mentioned on a national TV show was a huge deal. Of course, back then, ratings for one show was pretty much the equivalent to the ratings for 10-20 shows on cable news today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member