GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's wearing sunglasses; it's just shadowing. I see the phone and that her other sleeve is pulled down over her hand. But I dont think she has anything in her left hand. It doesn't really make sense to have a phone in one hand and a pack of cigarettes in the other. One would be bumbling when trying to pull one out and light it. It makes more sense that her sleeve is just over her hand, IMO.

All of that said, I do think the smoking angle might have legs. She does reference having smoked and drank in the past. Maybe she started up again.

agree with all of the above, but even one cigarette (bummed off of a friend) can be hidden that way, slid up the sleeve, cupped in your hand. you'd put your phone in your pocket once you got out of sight to light up.

not that i would...er...know...:giggle:

I don't think she is hiding anything up her sleeve because if she didn't want someone to see something, why not put it in her backpack? I think it is just a little insecure/nervous habit. I do it all the time, actually.

I do not believe LE found anything to indicate a crime scene anywhere, especially since they still do not seem to know for sure she was abducted. Putting up tape while searching does not mean they found anything. LE has been pretty consistent in saying they don't have anything to tell them what happened to her. I do not believe they would be this quiet if they had proof of a crime or injury to Abigail, i.e just to make a suspect "feel comfortable". They messed up Celina's case, IMO, in thinking they had a "slam dunk" and then not being able to make a case at all. They can't afford to mess this one up too.

I bet the perp, if there is one, does feel pretty comfortable though, because I don't think LE has a clue as to what happened to her and if she is not found, no case at all will be made.

JMO

You have to be extremely lucky to commit a crime, and never had your name in the media, don't have to deal with someone googling your name and reading that you're a suspect, don't have to deal with dirty looks when you go outside...and with the help of LE! The "Make the suspect comfortable" just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if LE is going to arrest him/her in a matter of days, but long-term unsolved case? I would also hope that LE would be interviewing this person, searching their home, etc so wouldn't that throw the whole "make him comfortable" concept out the window?

I hope they are all over watching people they feel are suspect in this case. Whether they know they are being watched or not. I hope they are on them. I hope they feel it and can't sleep at night.

I doubt it, I'm sure they just go along with their days smiling and doing whatever it is they do.

I believe it will be 'evidence a crime was committed there!

I guess we will have to disagree on this one.

They reacted to a crime scene.

Zenya was frantic and would have allowed them in willingly to fiñd her daughter.

But they went right over her...why?

I say it's because it was A crime scene..something was very off in that home.

They did the same thing to Haliegh C., Hailey Dunn and Dylan Redwine all missing FROM their homes. Yellow tape and Crime Scene.

I would love to hear just what is the criteria. In NH for calling a home a crime scene and taping it off????

"But they went right over her...why?"

I don't understand your question.

Something could've happened in the home, and it very well could be a crime scene. Taping an area off isn't the almighty indicator to say "this is where the crime occurred"

Most states have 3 descending levels of LE. State, County (Police or County Sheriff with or without a patrol division), Local. From listening to the scanner, observing photos, and researching the state of NH Police divisions, this is how NH LE is structured.

All levels uphold the NH Uniformed Crimes Code (with exception of local ordinances). There's no coverall "criteria" for handling any patrol procedure, investigation, interview, arrest procedure, etc. Every incident is specific to itself. You can't develop a criteria when every incident is different. The responding units use observation, experience, info provided, info obtained thru interviews, judgement, CYA, etc. There could be any reason the responding personnel made a decision to tape off the area. Yes, most yellow tape has "crime scene" printed on it. Its not only used for absolute crime scenes. Its not reasonable for LE to carry numerous rolls of tape w/ different statements printed on them. We'd be carrying tapes that said: "hazardous area", "investigation", "undecided area", etc.

I may have destroyed your original post while quoting it in my reply. If so, I apolize. I'm still not 100% adept at posting yet. Plus this tablet isn't very cooperative.

I was quoting honeybun in the above post, but obviously my lack of posting skills made a mess of it.

Those quote things are tricky!

I do not believe LE found anything to indicate a crime scene anywhere, especially since they still do not seem to know for sure she was abducted. Putting up tape while searching does not mean they found anything. LE has been pretty consistent in saying they don't have anything to tell them what happened to her. I do not believe they would be this quiet if they had proof of a crime or injury to Abigail, i.e just to make a suspect "feel comfortable". They messed up Celina's case, IMO, in thinking they had a "slam dunk" and then not being able to make a case at all. They can't afford to mess this one up too.

I bet the perp, if there is one, does feel pretty comfortable though, because I don't think LE has a clue as to what happened to her and if she is not found, no case at all will be made.

JMO

I tend to agree. LE may have put up the tape around the condo because there was some question at first whether or not Abby made it home. Perhaps they wanted to preserve the home and any evidence that might point one way or the other (she made it home vs she didn't make it home). I don't think the tape means it was definitely a crime scene. I think the tape may have been put up because LE didn't know at first whether it was a crime scene or whether there was any evidence that Abby had made it home that afternoon.

Better to tape off an area that might contain evidence or be a crime scene, and find out later there's no evidence there, than to not tape off an area only to realize later that you should have.

They didn't know a thing when they arrived, they hadn't interviewed students, etc. First thing they'd do is go to house. Not taping it would be nothing but, well, stupid.

I don't think we can assume it means anything other than taping off to gather evidence and have time to figure out if she came home. I'm sure it was taped before the dogs arrived to track her path. They had to get to mom first to assess the situation, figure out with whom they needed to speak, what the next step was.

How long did the tape remain though? Were there any other areas that were taped off?

[

I guess we will have to disagree on this one.

They reacted to a crime scene.

Zenya was frantic and would have allowed them in willingly to fiñd her daughter.

But they went right over her...why?

I say it's because it was A crime scene..something was very off in that home.

They did the same thing to Haliegh C., Hailey Dunn and Dylan Redwine all missing FROM their homes. Yellow tape and Crime Scene.

I would love to hear just what is the criteria. In NH for calling a home a crime scene and taping it off????

"But they went right over her...why?"

I don't understand your question.

Something could've happened in the home, and it very well could be a crime scene. Taping an area off isn't the almighty indicator to say "this is where the crime occurred"

Most states have 3 descending levels of LE. State, County (Police or County Sheriff with or without a patrol division), Local. From listening to the scanner, observing photos, and researching the state of NH Police divisions, this is how NH LE is structured.

All levels uphold the NH Uniformed Crimes Code (with exception of local ordinances). There's no coverall "criteria" for handling any patrol procedure, investigation, interview, arrest procedure, etc. Every incident is specific to itself. You can't develop a criteria when every incident is different. The responding units use observation, experience, info provided, info obtained thru interviews, judgement, CYA, etc. There could be any reason the responding personnel made a decision to tape off the area. Yes, most yellow tape has "crime scene" printed on it. Its not only used for absolute crime scenes. Its not reasonable for LE to carry numerous rolls of tape w/ different statements printed on them. We'd be carrying tapes that said: "hazardous area", "investigation", "undecided area", etc.

<modsnip>

Yes, they seem to have treated the scene as a "primary scene". It is where she lives, where she left from in the morning and IMO the best place to search first....
They fan our from there and a k9 has her scent there.....BUT she lives there, her scent should be there.
The school and friends and bf say she was walking home from school, that changes everything.
All the shots are called and as many resources as humanly possible are deployed......
The intention was start searching, find the victim...AND an actual crime scene if there is one.
Fbi goes door to door and roadblocks are set up......
Yet nothing at all turns up........
My intuition on this case..........
This so very bad for Abby...... and all I can say is THANK GOD all those resources have responded and worked this case....... this case would be even worse off if all those resources had not been made available and deployed......
Their action WILL improve the response to these unknown vanishings of females of all ages IMO

That really is a large area that is taped off. This is the first time I'm seeing the condo style housing they lived in.

It brings up all kinds of possibilities doesn't it!

It certainly does. First is how many people know what time she arrives home and her mom's work schedule.

I was quoting honeybun in the above post, but obviously my lack of posting skills made a mess of it.

You did just fine. In the future if you want to quote anybody just hit the Quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote. It will post and you can reply on the new window that comes up.

It's nice having you here!

Yes, it actually opens up a reply box for you with the quote already in there (not in blue, it has
before and after it (with a / on the one that ends the quote. You just type in the box and hit submit and voila, you've quoted!

Hi - New here - First time, Long time... Still trying to find my way around. Anyway I am in MA on the NH border and get to vacation in the WMNF quite a lot and always make it to North Conway - most recently from 10/13-18 so when I got there I was already aware of Abby's case. I have some thoughts on topics of interest with maybe a different POV, specifically with regard to the early LE response so I hope to get to that soon.

Right now I am trying figure out what I do and do not have access to, rules TOS etc., it's boggling me, LOL

Cheers for now!

****************************************************************************************************************
Yes, they seem to have treated the scene as a "primary scene". It is where she lives, where she left from in the morning and IMO the best place to search first....
They fan our from there and a k9 has her scent there.....BUT she lives there, her scent should be there.
The school and friends and bf say she was walking home from school, that changes everything.
All the shots are called and as many resources as humanly possible are deployed......
The intention was start searching, find the victim...AND an actual crime scene if there is one.
Fbi goes door to door and roadblocks are set up......
Yet nothing at all turns up........
My intuition on this case..........
This so very bad for Abby...... and all I can say is THANK GOD all those resources have responded and worked this case....... this case would be even worse off if all those resources had not been made available and deployed......
Their action WILL improve the response to these unknown vanishings of females of all ages IMO[/QUOTE]

================================
I took out some of your post that had been posted previously so this looks a bit tipsy!

I am wondering how many days that yellow tape was on the house and also if Zenya is still living in the home?

Also there were 100 boots on the ground on Oct. 11.

How many boots are on the ground..as of Friday?

This case is getting cold. I thought for sure we would hear something by now. A rumor, something from Abby, locals talking, friends texting?

Nothing...crickets!

MOO

This case can't get cold! As it gets really cold in the air. It needs to be solved.

This case can't get cold! As it gets really cold in the air. It needs to be solved.

It seems to be the 'nature of the beast'. With over a month and nothing...Winter upon us...Snow...

Somebody has to be very happy about now.

Perhaps they got away with murder they are thinking...

So, back at the beginning, every day they had a presser at 4pm, last presser with Jane Y and all branches of LE changed to 6 pm. I have no links to back me up ( you know why) but I believe a day or so after Abby went missing, there is a photo , or a friend here mentioned that there was a police car blocking of Village Way, at the entrance to the street. This would be back when the FBI ( with id jackets on) had a road block near the beginning of N/S Rd. They were questioning drivers and passing out flyers, right . NS Rd. Is sort of a local shortcut, you know, it eliminates tourist traffic and gridlock. I am assuming, also know that is bad, but I think during the early days there was a shoulder to shoulder - grid search of every inch of the school property, and all public areas ( Walmart, all stores in Settlers Green) all routes she may have taken home - public areas.....as quickly as they could before it was contaminated with more unending public use.
During this time I was bashing them, because I am impatient, I wanted her found, safe and sound.....home. I was not wrong to hope that, but it was horrid of me to lash out. Then I became annoyed because there was no way for anyone to help, even any tidbit clue we had, would change 180 degrees in the next presser. Some mornings you just say WTH, what else can you say? I think everything that could be done - has already been done, she has not been found....and how do we begin again ? I wouldn't ask ...if I had an inkling, even my hope is diminishing like a leaky bucket. Some days my hope has vanished too, just like Abby.

I'm annoyed Ramsey mentioned another presser and it is now Saturday evening, the end of the week is gone imo. I think we are all feeling that way ohoh. At times I'm sure today is the day there will be news, others I feel there will never be an answer.

I do not think all efforts have been exhausted. I still believe LE has something. Even if it is too little to act upon now, it gives them a reason to keep moving foward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3