GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fear of evidence being touched is a ridiculous reason not to have the public join in searches. What if she had broken her leg and was waiting for help? They did not even know if a crime had been committed. Far too late now, if she was alive for a time. I think they just don't want to have to worry about searchers going missing as well.

I think they are worried sick about destroying evidence.

The other evening NG had the story of a young man killing his mother and trying to kill his father because he was grounded from using his cell phone.

The defense attorney stepped right up and said 'maybe he was abused'. :banghead:

I do agree we need to find Abby and worry about trials and defense attorneys a later time.

Just wondering what happened to the press conference which FBI agent Ramsay more or less promised to hold by the end of this week..
I agree that it seems amazing that no more searches ate being carries out in the Conway area and across the NH-ME state line by LE and/or other certified voluntary search groups.

It's almost as if LE seems to believe that AH might have run away after all.
JMO.

My guess is that it's very hard to hold a press conference when you have nothing. I am surprised Ramsay promised....

MOO

best pieces of posts of the day, IMO.

LE isn't issuing any public warnings nor do they want the public searching. doesn't that point to knowing it was either a runaway situation OR they already have a POI in their sights?

i don't know. i point out again that willow long was discovered by volunteers and her perpetrator is in custody. people aren't stupid. they won't touch a crime scene...unless, it's the perpetrator that does the search & find.

no locals are posting in the comments section(s) of the dozens of news articles out. heck they're barely posting on her missing facebook page. can't tell you how many times i've read "i don't know abby nor her family but praying in timbuktu" or "shared in the galapagos".

well not exactly but you know what i mean. JMO but it's pointing more and more towards someone that's being whispered about, quietly, among those in the greater conway area. and i'm not even talking about those folk we can't talk about. kwim?

BBM they are removing all posts on that page. That is a page of hope only not discussion of what happened or might have happened.

The shame is it's full of locals that might just know something and want to discuss what they know. A lot of people are not comfortable calling in tips. They are scared or unsure.

Usually in a case like this there is an open discussion FB page of the locals. I have not found it...yet!

The kids aren't tweeting, the locals aren't talking. I agree there is a whisper of some sort. I hope there is as whispers travel and if somebody knows something somebody will find out and it will make its way to LE

In a small town like that, if you speak up publicly about somebody familiar to others, or saying something negative about another...well your circle of social Inter actions squeezes up to needle point size pretty quickly. Who would dare speak out when every person in town will hear it within hours probably. I think that is why we don't see public discussions anyway.

I don't think much is being deleted on the missing pages. But again, that is a public venue and saying something which points a finger in a direction could cause a whole lot of repercussion.

I think fear of evidence being touched is a ridiculous reason not to have the public join in searches. What if she had broken her leg and was waiting for help? They did not even know if a crime had been committed. Far too late now, if she was alive for a time. I think they just don't want to have to worry about searchers going missing as well.

That's baffling me as well. They could organize searches with volunteers already instructed to bring or wear something bright orange, by having two members of law enforcement per team, coach them a half hour before they go out what to do, not to do, line them up four feet apart, etc so no one gets lost. It is not that hard, trust me, to do this. They tell you what to do when you think you've found some evidence- stop where you are, do not touch it, yell out "I found something" to which the people on either side of you yell "stop!" until everyone on each side of you has halted, and the LE comes over to determine if it's important or not to bag. Only when this is done and the LE gives the signal for everyone to move on, do you do so, always aware of the people next to you. Again, when organized properly, this is not hard to do, no one gets lost, and if someone does by chance get hurt or injured, people are there to help. They should have done this three weeks ago, what are they waiting for?!?!?!

What is worse is that I'd bet my bottom dollar plenty of people are out searching (hey, one of our own did). Problem is they don't know who nor where as it is in an unorganized manner not run by LE. That is when you get lost or injured searchers. That is when you get issues with evidence.

Take in the volunteers, instruct them well, know what areas are being searched, keep people in grps and it stays safe that way. Free for all, not good.

Hate to say it, but the lack of tweeting, etc. is not that unusual after a few weeks into these cases. People carry on with their own lives. Unless they are very personally affected, it is actually kind of shocking to me how quickly the missing person seems to fall out of the social media of friends, etc. I have noticed this in many cases involving young people. JMO

I agree that organized and supervised volunteer searches could be a good idea. It has worked in many cases when LE did not find the missing person... but usually the success stories are when LE has just done cursory checks.
In this case, it looks like they have been thorough. You can't really expect volunteers to go into mountain wilderness, and a perp wouldn't likely go there either.
That said, I doubt she is anywhere near the Conway area.

Abigail Hernandez Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=138410379818706941059743235021
(I am surprised how few views this case has here)

I agree with you, I personally don't think she is in the mountains and there is really no way to do a walking search through much of that terrain anyway. They can do them along the Saco. They can do them in wooded lined roads for which there are miles In that area and over the border.

BBM they are removing all posts on that page. That is a page of hope only not discussion of what happened or might have happened.

The shame is it's full of locals that might just know something and want to discuss what they know. A lot of people are not comfortable calling in tips. They are scared or unsure.

Usually in a case like this there is an open discussion FB page of the locals. I have not found it...yet!

yes, they are removing posts left and right. i, too, have looked for such a page, haven't found on yet, which is surprising.

Hate to say it, but the lack of tweeting, etc. is not that unusual after a few weeks into these cases. People carry on with their own lives. Unless they are very personally affected, it is actually kind of shocking to me how quickly the missing person seems to fall out of the social media of friends, etc. I have noticed this in many cases involving young people. JMO

True, but there wasn't much tweeting/posting/etc, if any, at the beginning...that piece has always bothered me. Classmate goes missing, I've seen it very local here, FB and twitter were flooded with classmates msgs whether a best buddy or somebody who didn't know the person but had seen her/him in the halls or biology class..

The missing pages always turn into prayer pages, from what I have seen. They may as well call them that from the start JMO.

I hadn't noticed much of the removals, but only look for the new posts! Glad they are removing some of them. I did note some missing when people post on the page directly, but that was mostly in just a few postings and a week or so back.

Sort of reminds me of Morgan Harrington. Her friends seemed to just carry on with their lives days after she went missing.

I'm angry at the lack of a presser, but kieran ramsey did not promise one, he said he hoped to have one..... but who knows what info came in over the weekend that needs to be investigated and takes priority over hold a presser...... we really need one tho, to help keep this case in the spotlight

My sister lives up there and she told me that the north south road is "dead air" for cell phones. Would that make a cellphone 'ping"?

My sister lives up there and she told me that the north south road is "dead air" for cell phones. Would that make a cellphone 'ping"?

Does it ping when searching for a signal, I wonder? Or only if it finds one?

well then why the heck did she choose that route home?

what texting teen walks into a dead air zone. especially if it's her 'usual route'. uuuuuuuugh.

thud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member