GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still following Morgan's case. I talk to Kenny weekly!

THANK YOU - as a young female in that area, your interest is appreciated. We still have psychopath out there free. I pray pray pray that he will one day be identified and sent to jail forever.:jail:

Donna...I agree and have had that instinct that she was picked up. Please guys don't get upset, but can someone tell me why you think that route was her "usual route" if the North South road is in the opposite way of her house? I usually don't post here b/c I fear saying something too stupid, but I can't get Abby out of my head!

I'm not sure any of us think it was her usual route. It is what LE has said.

To me, if her usual route and people saw her there. Were they classmates that saw her? If so was it their route too? What about buses, kids would know...there are always the kids that sit at the window and stare out. I haven't gone and tried to find bus routes, stop times and such. I have wondered about it.

BBM they are removing all posts on that page. That is a page of hope only not discussion of what happened or might have happened.

The shame is it's full of locals that might just know something and want to discuss what they know. A lot of people are not comfortable calling in tips. They are scared or unsure.

Usually in a case like this there is an open discussion FB page of the locals. I have not found it...yet!

Usually it's a non-family member that starts the page and by the time the comments start rolling it is too upsetting for the family. I don't really blame them, it would be awful to hear negative things about your kid, family, etc. on top of having a missing child.

The kids aren't tweeting, the locals aren't talking. I agree there is a whisper of some sort. I hope there is as whispers travel and if somebody knows something somebody will find out and it will make its way to LE

It's just been so long. The whispering probably happens quite regularly when it's early in the case but after a while, people move on.

The missing pages always turn into prayer pages, from what I have seen. They may as well call them that from the start JMO.

Too bad parents/family don't read here first then they would have the routine down. ;)

Does it ping when searching for a signal, I wonder? Or only if it finds one?

There was a missing woman case, name escapes me now but kids found her phone and turned it on and it pinged.

I'm not sure any of us think it was her usual route. It is what LE has said.

To me, if her usual route and people saw her there. Were they classmates that saw her? If so was it their route too? What about buses, kids would know...there are always the kids that sit at the window and stare out. I haven't gone and tried to find bus routes, stop times and such. I have wondered about it.

It's probably some kind of local short cut. Besides, how much of a "usual route" can a freshman have when school has only been in session for a month and we have photos of her on the school bus?

By the way, mod or not, this is my first multi-post! I just figured it out, thanks so some wonderful poster who explained it a few days ago.

And pinkandgreen, I wasn't aware of how little there was....as I said, I'm a UVA student and was living in Charlottesville at the time. The story was EVERYWHERE...I mean everywhere, everyone was talking about it, students and us teachers were upset (I'm a grad student, so a T.A.). Do you mean that in terms of her friends, where she was from, there was little social media use?

Snipped by me. Yes, I meant Morgan's high school and college friends (as well as those with her that night). We lived in Northern VA at the time and it was a big story there, too.

By the way, mod or not, this is my first multi-post! I just figured it out, thanks so some wonderful poster who explained it a few days ago.

Where is that wonderful post????

Of course now I can't find it. Basically, as you are reading, you click the multi-post button on the right if you want to respond to that post and it turns red. It's the second one from the right on the bottom with a quotation mark and a plus sign under it. Then keep reading and do it whenever you find another post. When you get to the end and maybe you have 5 red multi-posts lit up over the last few pages, you click quote and your text box comes up with all the quotes in it!

Then just type in between?

Of course now I can't find it. Basically, as you are reading, you click the multi-post button on the right if you want to respond to that post and it turns red. It's the second one from the right on the bottom with a quotation mark and a plus sign under it. Then keep reading and do it whenever you find another post. When you get to the end and maybe you have 5 red multi-posts lit up over the last few pages, you click quote and your text box comes up with all the quotes in it!

Ah I see! This is cool. This Newbie likes learning stuff, thanks!

My sister lives up there and she told me that the north south road is "dead air" for cell phones. Would that make a cellphone 'ping"?

Each cell phone polygon, or sector, generally contains at least one transmit antenna, a pair of receiving antennas, and another operational antenna. It is those two receiving antennas that constantly take receipt of a cell phone's information, be it an active conversation, data transmission or simple regular "heartbeat", and relay it back to the provider in question.

In real time, this information can be monitored, processed, and mapped to pinpoint a person's location.

Each cell phone tower transmitter generally covers an area that is between two and ten miles wide. There are also smaller, targeted towers that may be put in place for a tunnel, or other specific roadway feature. As a cell phone user moves through a region, from one "cell" of the Voronoi diagrammed map to another, their equipment automatically detects and hands off the signal to the next-available strongest receiver.

Source - sophisticatededge.com

You didn't need to find it!
Then just type in between?

Ah I see! This is cool. This Newbie likes learning stuff, thanks!
because you know it now!

I did this the other day by mistake and was excited, but had no idea how to replicate In order to do it Intentionally!

O/T but I'm a bit of a nerd if anyone ever needs any help figuring how to use a function send me a PM, I'd be happy to help :)

I've been on boards forever and not once even considered needing the function, never noticed it was there! I actually used to run a board LMAO (that may have been long enough ago that it wasn't an option -- sad to admit)

This is like one of those new little pleasures of life things! Multi-Quoting has made my weekend :)

well then why the heck did she choose that route home?

what texting teen walks into a dead air zone. especially if it's her 'usual route'. uuuuuuuugh.

thud.

Quick call in the beagles!!! Get the wabbit moving again!!

:beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle:

I live in the area too - North South Road is not a dead zone for Verizon...might be for AT&T (which is why we changed service, too many AT&T dead zones here).

Soon - geevee is going to help me learn to cut and paste. <modsnip> I hope no one thinks I am being mean, but some might be expecting too much of the Conway locals. That they should come here and tell you what they jabbered over at the breakfast diner is way too much to expect. If you were sitting in the same restaurant you could not join the conversation with them. They might even back away from you and give you a side eye , as if you were hounding paparazzi. If they had tips to give, they were long ago given. They would not come here to let you decide if they were worth calling in. I am not a nh local, I lived on a lake just over the state line in Maine. I had no clues or tips, nothing like that at all. One thing I did see that was a different pattern, this was after Abby disappeared, was a mom on a bike, following her teenage son - while he was running on the side of the road. Their lives have changed, give them a break and some understanding.

I do not think Abby is with us anymore, but if she is being held in some cabin, after the snow falls it will be easier to see footsteps, and fireplace smoke from a chimney, or wood fire smoke and lights at night.....though I do not think that will be likely.

Soon - geevee is going to help me learn to cut and paste. <modsnip> I hope no one thinks I am being mean, but some might be expecting too much of the Conway locals. That they should come here and tell you what they jabbered over at the breakfast diner is way too much to expect. If you were sitting in the same restaurant you could not join the conversation with them. They might even back away from you and give you a side eye , as if you were hounding paparazzi. If they had tips to give, they were long ago given. They would not come here to let you decide if they were worth calling in. I am not a nh local, I lived on a lake just over the state line in Maine. I had no clues or tips, nothing like that at all. One thing I did see that was a different pattern, this was after Abby disappeared, was a mom on a bike, following her teenage son - while he was running on the side of the road. Their lives have changed, give them a break and some understanding.

I do not think Abby is with us anymore, but if she is being held in some cabin, after the snow falls it will be easier to see footsteps, and fireplace smoke from a chimney, or wood fire smoke and lights at night.....though I do not think that will be likely.

I haven't seen anyone admonishing the local residents. In fact, most are pouring their hearts out with empathy ...

agreed, jblock. no one's admonishing them nor expecting a throng of new hampshire newcomers to post rumors here. IMO...

my point was, rumors are flying somewhere...quietly. which tells the rabbit more and more that they're simply fearful of accusing 'one of their own'. if locals truly believed a random predator was on the loose, every parent would be following their child on a bicycle. i simply don't believe that's the case, JMO...

well donna, i saw the wizard. he gave me a heart, a brain, and courage. i hope someone in the greater conway area receives the same and makes a phone call to the feds...MOO...

With the aspect of social media going dead about it. It still doesn't make sense to me. My mother and her siblings went to school with Kathy Gloddy. Her murder is still "unsolved". That was in 1971. People STILL talk about it like it was yesterday and everyone talks about theories and talk like Kathy will return home tomorrow. I have a feeling there is discussion on social media, but the privacy settings could possibly be set?

I think it is not knowing what to do with the free hand.

I agree and the photo of Abby near the track playing with her hair band on her wrist leads me to believe Abby had a shy insecure side. It could also be her age, attending a new school, and underclassman. I know she did that video of the she-man but she was also probably comfortable where ever and with whomever taped that. I was very shy growing up but when I put on my cheerleading outfit or had a part in a play it was as if I was a different person, more outgoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3