GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White Rabbitt......Maybe she wasn't walking. I am told that not many people are seen walking on the North South road there. If your a local there you would take notice of a lone walker. Maybe some of the locals here could respond. Thanks.

My point is she could of been in a vehicle on North South road when the phone pinged.

What is worse is that I'd bet my bottom dollar plenty of people are out searching (hey, one of our own did). Problem is they don't know who nor where as it is in an unorganized manner not run by LE. That is when you get lost or injured searchers. That is when you get issues with evidence.

Take in the volunteers, instruct them well, know what areas are being searched, keep people in grps and it stays safe that way. Free for all, not good.

Or LE and the family can request one of the big search groups with equipment and training to come in and take charge but it takes both of them to make that request. I don't know if they will come in Winter with snow on the ground???

I think NH is doing it right. They know their areas. I am quite impressed with the work being done by them. I am usually quite unhappy with the way things are handled but this seems a well trained, active and smart group of men and women working this case.

I just don't think they have much to work with!

Cell service is terrible up there, spotty even in a town like conway.... once in the woods, forget it your phone is useless

This is very true, although I have been surprised to have sometimes been able to text in areas where I couldn't make a call, like from some of the campgrounds.

I saw a map that showed 2 towers close NS road, one near Redstone and the one that pinged @ Cranmore so one would think the service would be better.

White Rabbitt......Maybe she wasn't walking. I am told that not many people are seen walking on the North South road there. If your a local there you would take notice of a lone walker. Maybe some of the locals here could respond. Thanks.

good point...but if that's her 'usual route', it still doesn't make sense.

unless she was regularly getting a ride home up that way...hm...you have me thinking...

:waitasec:

Again, I am just telling what my sister said about the North South road being a dead zone. Perhaps it is the section of road between two towers. She has traveled the road many times. My thoughts are that Abby got a ride on that road. Going north. There are roads off of the North South road and also trails. So lets say for argument sake, if a perp took her on the north south road, I would think that they would get off of the beaten track on one of the side roads or trails. Just tossing this out there.

Thats why I asked here "would a cell phone ping when it hit a dead zone"? The whole of the north south road isn't a dead zone, only parts of it are. I guess no one else here is on the same page as I am on this. I sure wish some of our fellow posters would join in on this.

I've been saying she got picked up all along... so I'm totally on the same page with you, Donna!

I also find that whole area is spotty at best for cell service, but not sure what the best local carrier is and I am not from in there. Though I have AT&T and it stinks where I live, too! I'm one of those that still has a landline, so we can call 911 from home!HAHA

I saw this recently on one of her SM pages;

"What is the major problem in your city?

Everybody hates each other, yet cares about each other too much "

That just rings so true from what we've seen, and the way they come together, the vigil, the signs, involvement. It may not seem like much is going on but I think these people are doing the best they can.

I pray for these folks every day and if I am this frustrated I can't even imagine how they are dealing with it.

:twocents:

I haven't seen any updates on the remains found in Manchester Maine yesterday morning. They only reported that it was an adult and clothing was also found with some other articles in the area. Has anyone here heard anything more? TYIA

I'm so impressed with myself that I learned how to multi-quote! Yea! Here I come out of lurking...

I'm surprised by your idea, especially as it pertains to the comment below. Amandareckonwith, I'm wondering why you have such certainty that a perp wouldn't go into woods and wilderness?? My first thought was Morgan Harrington. Her body was found in an area that is very rugged, difficult to access. I see how many posts you have and am merely asking because I'd like your wonderful opinion!!! And pinkandgreen, I wasn't aware of how little there was....as I said, I'm a UVA student and was living in Charlottesville at the time. The story was EVERYWHERE...I mean everywhere, everyone was talking about it, students and us teachers were upset (I'm a grad student, so a T.A.). Do you mean that in terms of her friends, where she was from, there was little social media use?

Sort of reminds me of Morgan Harrington. Her friends seemed to just carry on with their lives days after she went missing.

I agree that organized and supervised volunteer searches could be a good idea. It has worked in many cases when LE did not find the missing person... but usually the success stories are when LE has just done cursory checks.
In this case, it looks like they have been thorough. You can't really expect volunteers to go into mountain wilderness, and a perp wouldn't likely go there either.
That said, I doubt she is anywhere near the Conway area.

Abigail Hernandez Case Archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...6&page=1&_suid=138410379818706941059743235021
(I am surprised how few views this case has here)

I would give you a thanks Looking Hoping,but its not showing on my page. So, Thanks!

Nice Quoting! :D

Your question to P&G: It was a lack of anything from the classmates for me. I've seen so much where kids swarm the pages of SM talking about their friend, classmate, etc. There was all but nothing when AH went missing. Seriously strange to me.

Donna...I agree and have had that instinct that she was picked up. Please guys don't get upset, but can someone tell me why you think that route was her "usual route" if the North South road is in the opposite way of her house? I usually don't post here b/c I fear saying something too stupid, but I can't get Abby out of my head!

I would give you a thanks Looking Hoping,but its not showing on my page. So, Thanks!
I've been noticing it doesn't show until I refresh or leave the thread and return. Strange, not sure if it is a glitch or was always like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3