GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we go back a few weeks ? End of summer vacation, beginning of school ? I don' t know, any ideas? Freshman orientation, school bus sign up, what happens at start of High School ? maybe I am in a bunny hole already.

Very good questions. As every Disappeared episode begins (I'm paraphrasing), "What happens in the days before a person goes missing holds the clues to what may have happened to them."

It has been posted that JC's mom took both JC and AH to their HS orientation.

Hello fellow Vermonter! I know her Aunt. I am just glad they are finally getting some attention. I think everyone just thought she ran away again, but this time is very different. She has definitely had a hard time since her brother died, but she the longest she has been gone before was 91 hours and even then friends saw and talked to her and kept her mom informed. I am going to talk to her Aunt about websleuth's and try to get her over here. I don't know Hailey personally, but I do know of her and know she was quite troubled and it worries me how easily she could be persuaded into a very bad situation.

I see that a thread was started for Hailey, I hope she continues to get attention and is found. It's pretty uncommon around here for someone to just disappear, I think I said something like that very early on in this thread. Especially in Burlington, there are things set up to help troubled kids, and even if they're on the streets, the other kids know. I don't think my girls have seen Hailey around for a while.

Where in Vermont are you, Mountain?

I so wish all these girls would be found. I've always felt it was safe for my girls to be out and about, now I'm not so sure.

I think technology safety (phone, internet, social media, etc) needs to become a required part of the curriculum. Start early and address it every year until they graduate.

The problem is, they don't listen. They KNOW all of the safety tips, but always think it can't happen to them. Teenagers think they are invincible. It scares me to death.

I must admit something pathetic, I do not know how to cut and paste, I can not even post a link. I can not do a whole lotta stuff. Google isn't even my best friend, amandareckonwith, Hollye, and geevee are. I should have signed on as "pitiful " ... But I do think, ponder and wonder. Hanging my head in shame, but only for 10 minutes, ok?

What reasons to lure/take/control a 14 year old? let's list some reasons:

sex
drugs
lust
jealousy
envy
opportunity in relation to above
natural-born killer-rapist/sadist
lonely
malice in general

I am all over the place. Reality says one of the above reasons or one unnamed is correct.

The only one I see that seems more unlikely is drugs. Not cut off, but low on the list as she isn't fitting the bill.

The only one I see that seems more unlikely is drugs. Not cut off, but low on the list as she isn't fitting the bill.

14 and 15 year olds get their drugs from somewhere. Maybe she was the courier for her friends. Please do not take me wrong. I am looking at this from all angles.

No-one is more groomed for drugs than a 14/15 year old girl. The girl is sweet, innocent, has male friends, female friends and in her case, available after school.

How do we go back a few weeks ? End of summer vacation, beginning of school ? I don' t know, any ideas? Freshman orientation, school bus sign up, what happens at start of High School ? maybe I am in a bunny hole already.

go through her "robust" social media. all aspects.

you'll find quite a bit of information LE has gone out of their way not to mention.

yes, i'm sleuthing the victim. because she's a missing minor who needs to be found. JMO.

MOO but the 6:30 non-existent call is the key here...that and a powerline trail that her 'friends' saw her walking yet no one has reported or spoken of publically.

:twocents:

I've sleuthed her, too. Not possible to consider any of this case without looking at the victim. Starry, I think 14/15 is on the older side these days.

I've sleuthed her, too. Not possible to consider any of this case without looking at the victim. Starry, I think 14/15 is on the older side these days.

Look......I disagree. I believe I am spot-on with the age. That age (14/15) is at the height of teen angst, feeling most in control, recklessness, and desire to separate from authority; those feelings and personality traits being at their peak.

We can disagree. From what I've seen and experienced 12/13, maybe 14.

******* edited to add ******** I was rereading what you said and wondering if we were talking about the same thing. I was talking drug use and didn't really hit the word grooming until I just looked back. "grooming" Yeah I'd agree with you!

We can disagree. From what I've seen and experienced 12/13, maybe 14
Close enough, but from what I see in this case-14/15. She seems to be a composed, mature, patient, obedient young lady.

Maybe her rarity is underestimated by many.

(Hopefully you saw my edit up there.)

She seems to be all those things. A lot of kids are good at hiding things, though. Sometimes the smarter and quieter they are the better they are able to observe behaviors and moods and work around them in order to get away with things without anybody having a clue. This wouldn't make her a bad person. It would make her a normal teen who like you said above, is at an age of needing control over their lives, independence and all with a bit of recklesness.

Sadly, I check on the daughter that is straight as an arrow, extremely mature, odd in her ways more than any of my other children. She is an introvert to the max, an observer, very smart about people for her age, etc. Therefore, I worry she could be doing anything under that cover because in the end she is still a teen with all those teen things.

What reasons to lure/take/control a 14 year old? let's list some reasons:

sex
drugs
lust
jealousy
envy
opportunity in relation to above
natural-born killer-rapist/sadist
lonely
malice in general

I am all over the place. Reality says one of the above reasons or one unnamed is correct.

Prostitution
Religion/Cult
Gang Initiation (victim)

I'm not suggesting any of these, just contributing to the list.

I have to stop myself and try to understand the area/socio-economic aspects of this town & county. Its not a million plus population that I'm exposed to. I've listened to the scanner a few times, and I get the impression this is a "one horse town". Dispatchers calling officers by their first names. Saying goodbye at the end of shift by radio transmission. It appears to be such a slow paced, tight knit community. To the locals: is there an expansive rumor mill locally?

go through her "robust" social media. all aspects.

you'll find quite a bit of information LE has gone out of their way not to mention.

yes, i'm sleuthing the victim. because she's a missing minor who needs to be found. JMO.

MOO but the 6:30 non-existent call is the key here...that and a powerline trail that her 'friends' saw her walking yet no one has reported or spoken of publically.

:twocents:

There're references to some of her "extracurricular activities" that aren't and won't be announced or published anywhere.

Prostitution
Religion/Cult
Gang Initiation (victim)

I'm not suggesting any of these, just contributing to the list.

I have to stop myself and try to understand the area/socio-economic aspects of this town & county. Its not a million plus population that I'm exposed to. I've listened to the scanner a few times, and I get the impression this is a "one horse town". Dispatchers calling officers by their first names. Saying goodbye at the end of shift by radio transmission. It appears to be such a slow paced, tight knit community. To the locals: is there an expansive rumor mill locally?

unfortunately, rumors, whether true or not, are not allowed to be discussed on here.

I'm not in there, but very familiar with the town.

I know the town is diverse when it comes to socioeconomic status. You'll have those that are off grid in the area, those who have run down or very small/basic homes on more land for their toys. Newer subdivisions. There are many condos due to it being a recreational area and then you have the big beautiful ski lodges and such You get a little of everything in these towns.

You also get the born and bred, snow birds, transplants from all over (usually the places with bigger cities and people moving to escape their worlds like NJ, NY, CT, MA) In the center of it all are hotels, motels and shopping shopping shopping for those that aren't hiking, seeing landmark sites, skiing or just viewing the scenery.

What I'm not sure is if it gets a lot of summer residents. Anybody? I'm not sure what would draw people to summers in that area. The people who summer in the lakes regions of ME and NH visit Conway during their stays, that's for sure!

Snowbirds and summer residents would be different (in case others aren't familiar with the term). Snowbirds would leave mid fall (some even stay through Christmas) to go south and return mid spring, like the birdsLOL They watch the weather and set their departures and arrivals accordingly!

What I'm not sure is if it gets a lot of summer residents. Anybody? I'm not sure what would draw people to summers in that area. The people who summer in the lakes regions of ME and NH visit Conway during their stays, that's for sure!

it is packed during the summer months! it's not too far from the saco river, lots of tube and canoe rentals there as well as a lot of hikers.

Packed, yes. But do people live there from memorial to labor day or just visit for weekends or a week or days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99