GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I am, people arrive in droves and don't leave for months and think they own the place because they live here 2 1/2 months!

We retired, from Ct, bought a cottage on a lake, our side of the lake is seasonal, road not plowed in the winter, could only get in by snowmobile. Lakes, fishing, family, hiking, summer activities. Hey, Steven King lives on Kezar Lake, not far from us....the whole area thrives in summer....big business.
We are there from May 1 to Nov. 1, snowbirds.

Packed, yes. But do people live there from memorial to labor day or just visit for weekends or a week or days?

When you say "packed", could you give an estimation of population of residents plus visitors/vacationers at its peak? Also, do you know what the actual population is of just permanent residents ? TIA !

I'm not sure we have anybody right inside the town itself. I can tell you from small town living, rumors abound. Everybody knows everybody. Word of mouth is usually the fastest way to get something around. I'd say the range of the rumors would be to the edges of the area, where the roads stop and the mountains begin?

I believe we can mention the FB Missing Page. There have been a few posts there stating lots of rumors and for people to please stick to the facts.

When you say "packed", could you give an estimation of population of residents plus visitors/vacationers at its peak? Also, do you know what the actual population is of just permanent residents ? TIA !

Packed as in tourist chaos, congested, annoying. I was asking about full-time summer only residents. I certainly don't have population numbers for summer vs. year round nor tourism. I'm sure they are on the net via google.

I think though, you mean to ask Steelslady what she meant by the word 'packed" and to whom I was responding to:
it is packed during the summer months! it's not too far from the saco river, lots of tube and canoe rentals there as well as a lot of hikers.

Hope this comes out right.

I've lived in suburbia and lived rural. When I got to rural there were so many who people from where I came from would have rolled their eyes, snubbed up their noses and laughed walking away. They are different. They think what they want and say what they want and do not care what anybody thinks. I don't think they've ever known a moment of worry over what others think. Their world isn't in keeping up with the Jones', nor caring if their lawn is as green or greener than the neighbors, nor having a certain job or not having certain jobs. Sometimes they discuss or share things that many would think inappropriate or odd or weird. The difference between these people and creeps is that they also will do anything for anybody. They are the type of people you call in the middle of the night to help you and wouldn't blink an eye. Full of love, full of friendship. The most loyal and caring people you can meet. Just don't mess with them or anybody they care for if you want to keep it that way.

It is hard to explain, my daughter would tell me how judgemental I am for grouping a type of lifestyle or personality (she's working on figuring these terms out though she may be correct) I'm only telling what I've observed and experienced. Over time I realized these folks seem to be very much the type of folks I described above.

I'm sure I could be wrong. I do feel JDC is genuinely worried, upset, concerned for his son and only wants AH back and safe...even if he doesn't go about it the way many people think he should.

Well AHs parents and sister are quiet, I don't think that is wrong. I'd be hospitalized by now I'm sure. JDC and DMC are involved more openly. The boy is a minor, anybody who allowed him in the spotlight I'd consider negligent at this point. They have the gentleman who did the interview tonight who has taken on a lot, but more of a web guy and spokesman for the family. There is a large network there at work.

And yes, you have to follow your gut always! I think JDC himself is on the up and up.

Well AHs parents and sister are quiet, I don't think that is wrong. I'd be hospitalized by now I'm sure. JDC and DMC are involved more openly. The boy is a minor, anybody who allowed him in the spotlight I'd consider negligent at this point. They have the gentleman who did the interview tonight who has taken on a lot, but more of a web guy and spokesman for the family. There is a large network there at work.

And yes, you have to follow your gut always! I think JDC himself is on the up and up.

Did I miss an interview tonight? I have been gone for a while. TIA

Huffpostlive. Links in here but also on MHFAH FB page and AH vigil page I'd link ya but I'm on my kindle thing

<modsnip>

Back to weather Abby made it home does anybody happen to remember how long that yellow tape was up at Abbys home?

Also do any of you remember tape being used as for a crime scene when they DIDN'T disappear from home for any other missing kids?

I don't think they yellow taped the recently missing and found Kathryn or Jessica Ridgeway or Micki S.

So why did they treat Abbys home as a crime scene if she never made it home?

I am lost???

Back to weather Abby made it home does anybody happen to remember how long that yellow tape was up at Abbys home?

Also do any of you remember tape being used as for a crime scene when they DIDN'T disappear from home for any other missing kids?

I don't think they yellow taped the recently missing and found Kathryn or Jessica Ridgeway or Micki S.

So why did they treat Abbys home as a crime scene if she never made it home?

Different LE do things differently, and we always get mad at the ones who dont treat the home as a crime scene to rule out a family murder. No matter what they were told, they needed to check the home to be sure there were no signs of blood and the story held true. Doesnt mean they thought she had been home but they aren't going to take it at face value, and also yellow tape could have been a warrantless and invited search that allows them to go through her room with a fine tooth comb to see if there is any clue to what happened.

Different LE do things differently, and we always get mad at the ones who dont treat the home as a crime scene to rule out a family murder. No matter what they were told, they needed to check the home to be sure there were no signs of blood and the story held true. Doesnt mean they thought she had been home but they aren't going to take it at face value, and also yellow tape could have been a warrantless and invited search that allows them to go through her room with a fine tooth comb to see if there is any clue to what happened.

I think the yellow tape is a big clue something happened at Ábbys home. Something big that 100 agents had boots on the ground in 12 hours and home was on lockdown!

Hi J Block, I want to try to answer a couple of things you had posted.... not just from the above quote.....
Conway has a population of residents of about 2,000 give or take..... the towns around it, Bartlett, Jackson, Albany,etc.... much smaller..... maybe the high hundreds..... IF THAT... some may only be about 300 or evenless

now as far as the CARD deployment..... Kieran Ramsey, though with FBI Boston is from the satelite field office in Bedford NH....I believe he and several Boston agents arrived in Conway the morning of Oct 10 and before noon time had activated CARD team.... by the 11th there were over a 100 agents from several field offices including Quantico on scene.....

Do we have any word on whether they did any serious searching yesterday? I'm hoping they keep going its it. There is a clue out there somewhere! A month today with

I think I am trying to tolerate and understand..even if I don't care for somebody it doesn't negate their pain nor efforts. I also can't help but support the underdog sometimes. (I hate when I get a clear thought I can type quickly after babbling.)

What we all want is for her to be found and the perp to be prosecuted.

I was so hopeful this morning that there would be a post saying Abby had been found! Two other missing girls were found, seems like there is a big chance they both had run away (and one had the good sense to come forward and ask for help....) Oh, Abby.... if you are out there please contact someone ~ you are very missed and whatever is going on can be fixed..

If she is NOT a runaway, this cannot be good. This is breaking my heart and I know it is the same with all of you here....

all of abby's family, friends, acquaintances, etc are persons of interest. to my knowledge, no one, including her parents, have been cleared as of yet.

but at WS we are only allowed to sleuth POIs or suspects named by LE

I think the yellow tape is a big clue something happened at Ábbys home. Something big that 100 agents had boots on the ground in 12 hours and home was on lockdown!

well, in the beginning all that WE know is that THEY knew she was missing and something was clearly very wrong... like i had said before with NH LE and their constant training they get better and better like all LE agencies as time goes on and crimes happen and more experience is gained..... i think that taping off the house as a first step was proof of my statement.... it would be unwise to wait a day or 2 and then tape off the house.... so first step in moving forward with the times is start at the residence and fan out from there BEFORE the home which "could" have been a crime scene becomes contaminated...... they did the right thing..... and i feel IMO that they reaized the home was not where she vanished from.... it was her walking home from school....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?