GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoyed Ramsey mentioned another presser and it is now Saturday evening, the end of the week is gone imo. I think we are all feeling that way ohoh. At times I'm sure today is the day there will be news, others I feel there will never be an answer.

I do not think all efforts have been exhausted. I still believe LE has something. Even if it is too little to act upon now, it gives them a reason to keep moving foward.

I always thought if Hailey Dunn and Dylan Redwine were found there would be an arrest right away. But both have been found, many months after disappearing, and no arrests have been made.

How do these killers get so lucky? Most of them are uneducated, sloppy, unsophisticated sex offenders.

How in the heck do they snatch a kid, kill them, hide them and get away with it with nary a clue.

Boggles my mind..it truly does.

All the Kings horses and all the Kings men....

For now, I want them to find Abby before winter really hits.

I'll never understand how they go unsolved, especially once a body has been found. Our system often works against the abiding and for the unabiding

I always thought if Hailey Dunn and Dylan Redwine were found there would be an arrest right away. But both have been found, many months after disappearing, and no arrests have been made.

How do these killers get so lucky? Most of them are uneducated, sloppy, unsophisticated sex offenders.

How in the heck do they snatch a kid, kill them, hide them and get away with it with nary a clue.

Boggles my mind..it truly does.

All the Kings horses and all the Kings men....

Well, I absolutely agree with you here, but I think one must take into consideration the amount of vast wilderness surrounding a place like North Conway and many other similar places in northern NH. Just checking out a local or regional map makes one understand the enormity of desolate, empty wilderness throughout this area.
Now, just in the last couple of days there were two pieces of wonderful news coming out of Wisconsin. One young lady of 25 who vanished from her home in WI nine years ago suddenly is located alive and well in Mexico and a 15-year-old girl from near Waukesha, Wisconsin, suddenly turns up just a couple of days after disappearing. So let´s celebrate these bright spots, which make us realise that miracles do happen and sometimes so when all hope seems to be gone.

On the other hand there are those haunting vanishings which almost enter the realms of the local folklore, such as that of Paula Jean Welden, 18-year-old sophomore of Bennington College, VT, and a native of Stamford, CT, whose still unsolved disappearance near Glastonbury Mountain in December 1946 led to the formation of the Vermont State Police in 1947.
Four other disappearances in the same area between 1945 and 1950 compunded the mystery of the Paula Welden vanishing.
And then there is of course little Connie Smith, of Wyoming, who vanished from summer camp near Lakeville, CT, in the summer of 1952, and who still remains unaccounted for.
Both these cases and another, older one, in New England have by the way been painstakingly researched by the CT author and librarian Michael C Dooling in his book "Clueless in New England" which appeared a few years ago.

Reverting back to AH I did notice that there is a night-time colour picture of heavy traffic in a big metropolis on IIRC her Tumblr page (?), where AH in a few words expresses her desire to check out the big city while admitting to being scared by it at the same time.

I know it´s fairly unlikely, but could she for some reason have decided to run away to perhaps Boston or NYC after all?

Just an idea....

The air is changing here. It feels like we could have a big snowstorm soon. Had sleet and flurries yesterday. Feel so sad as a parent thinking of her whole family.

We are due next week, NHNURSE.

There are some forecasts showing a storm, hopefully it has poofed. A few days ago it was showing a good foot dropping in the local area.

<Snipped quote> ( I hope that's ok)

IMO, before the initial report of AH being missing, there was already FBI "activity" in or in the near vicinity of N. Conway. If this is the case, why? Although the FBI can be involved in nearly ANY type of case, for them to be "local" to N. Conway BEFORE AH went missing, I believe this limits the specific reasons of why. Online predators, human trafficking, crimes against children may be a few of the reasons there was FBI activity. It appears there's been no shortage of investigations (as seen in the media) into missing children, human trafficking in the NE area in recent times. As far as the N. Conway area, was there non- reported, or under-reported cases of abduction attempts, luring, or cyber activity that was already being investigated? Was there an investigation into an RSO or RSOs?

I might be dragging this into the deep waters, but something is telling me that there was already an FBI presence in N. Conway and/or its surrounding areas before AH went missing. Again, this is strictly based on my opinion, given on the information i know about this case, and my experience working major crimes. Does this lead us any further into where AH is? No, but I think trying to look into (in general) the previous days/weeks prior to the report of her being missing, might put us on a track that we may have strayed from by looking into the finer details.

Side note. Ramsey stated in his most recent interview that its been confirmed that AH was seen leaving school property and going down the powerline trail. He states that this was based on info given by 2 of her friends. I personally would never use the statements of two 14 y/o to CONFIRM a sighting. Confirmation is such a strong word in an investigation. Eyewitness reports are among the least accurate forms of evidence. Were these two statements confirmed by a 2nd source of information?

So this is just as good a place as any for me to start. I have a couple thoughts on the early LE response and there has been a lot of discussion from the beginning as to why so let me know what folks think;

1) I was surprised and impressed with the early show of force but then I wondered if the U.S. Navy had any influence on that response. The Mom's BF is a Chief Steward onboard a Naval Ship:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

"He said he has been in touch with the FBI regarding Abigail's disappearance. He also answered a reporter's question about the ordeal by noting via email Oct. 17, &#8220;I was pretty shocked and scared when Zenya told me that night of the 9th that she hadn&#8217;t come home. It took me by surprise and I was sure that she was just out for whatever reason and that she&#8217;d be back that night. But she hadn&#8217;t done anything like that since I&#8217;ve known her, so all kinds of things went through my mind."

Since he knew that night that she didn't return might he have gotten some Navy muscle to contact the SS and FBI?

2) Regarding J Block's excellent thinking RE the FBI presence in NC due to previous activity, I think this is quite likely;

There is a local RSO who has a specific link to AH as a relative to a "follower" on AH's FB. Further, this RSO created his own FB on 10/8 and never posted again. This RSO was arrested in North Conway for "operating after suspension" during the week of Oct. 6. We don't know what date but the MSM mention of it is here;

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/courts-a-cops

Research by others suggests this RSO may have had some reporting/registering discrepancies and it's possible FBI and/or ICAC (since his offense involved a child under 13) were scoping out that guy. In addition this RSO has a relative, same initials different first name, who was arrested in North Conway on a charge of Gross Sexuaal Assault a month previous to Abby's disappearance.

I do believe these agencies were active in the area anyway but I also like the idea that the Navy guy might have had some influence. :)

I hope I did this right as a first post because I am unsure how much I am allowed to say.

I tend to agree. LE may have put up the tape around the condo because there was some question at first whether or not Abby made it home. Perhaps they wanted to preserve the home and any evidence that might point one way or the other (she made it home vs she didn't make it home). I don't think the tape means it was definitely a crime scene. I think the tape may have been put up because LE didn't know at first whether it was a crime scene or whether there was any evidence that Abby had made it home that afternoon.

Better to tape off an area that might contain evidence or be a crime scene, and find out later there's no evidence there, than to not tape off an area only to realize later that you should have.

You are seeing the early stages/initial report of a potential crime. They responded to ZH call. Based on initial information received, the reporting party and potential victim was at this location. Remember the first reports, she made it home. This was a precaution and not a bad call by the first officers on the scene. Obtain initial information, recover/protect any potential evidence and protect the "scene" until detectives/supervisors arrive an review.
I am sure they also photographed the inside as it was found shortly after. Until they searched the home, area etc anywhere in the area could be considered part of a crime scene.
From that point they worked backwards and obtained more details. Known DNA samples-hair/tooth brush etc was also collected I am sure for future reference. They were protecting a potential crime scene and collecting information/potential evidence.

So this is just as good a place as any for me to start. I have a couple thoughts on the early LE response and there has been a lot of discussion from the beginning as to why so let me know what folks think;

1) I was surprised and impressed with the early show of force but then I wondered if the U.S. Navy had any influence on that response. The Mom's BF is a Chief Steward onboard a Naval Ship:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

"He said he has been in touch with the FBI regarding Abigail's disappearance. He also answered a reporter's question about the ordeal by noting via email Oct. 17, “I was pretty shocked and scared when Zenya told me that night of the 9th that she hadn’t come home. It took me by surprise and I was sure that she was just out for whatever reason and that she’d be back that night. But she hadn’t done anything like that since I’ve known her, so all kinds of things went through my mind."

Since he knew that night that she didn't return might he have gotten some Navy muscle to contact the SS and FBI?

2) Regarding J Block's excellent thinking RE the FBI presence in NC due to previous activity, I think this is quite likely;

There is a local RSO who has a specific link to AH as a relative to a "follower" on AH's FB. Further, this RSO created his own FB on 10/8 and never posted again. This RSO was arrested in North Conway for "operating after suspension" during the week of Oct. 6. We don't know what date but the MSM mention of it is here;

Research by others suggests this RSO may have had some reporting/registering discrepancies and it's possible FBI and/or ICAC (since his offense involved a child under 13) were scoping out that guy. In addition this RSO has a relative, same initials different first name, who was arrested in North Conway on a charge of Gross Sexuaal Assault a month previous to Abby's disappearance.

I do believe these agencies were active in the area anyway but I also like the idea that the Navy guy might have had some influence. :)

I hope I did this right as a first post because I am unsure how much I am allowed to say.

In addition to the RSO who was linked previously I also posted that ,multiple agencies were in NH actively searching for this subject. No mention of the FBI but the Marshalls etc were in NH. I am sure if a task force, there was an FBI rep also.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/10/stephen_frostholm_most_wanted.html
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23831524/level-3-sex-offedner

Hi - New here - First time, Long time... Still trying to find my way around. Anyway I am in MA on the NH border and get to vacation in the WMNF quite a lot and always make it to North Conway - most recently from 10/13-18 so when I got there I was already aware of Abby's case. I have some thoughts on topics of interest with maybe a different POV, specifically with regard to the early LE response so I hope to get to that soon.

Right now I am trying figure out what I do and do not have access to, rules TOS etc., it's boggling me, LOL

Cheers for now!

Welcome!

:wagon:

Here you go:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If LE has enough evidence, they do not need to find a body, although obviously most LEA's and DA's prefer to have the victim. My point being, the body being found (Hailey, Dylan, Katelyn, Adrienne, and others) often is not enough, unless they already had a pile of evidence, since often the bodies are found too late to even show cause of death.

And though we hate to acknowledge it, the actual "solved/closed" percentage for murders is not that great, something around 50-60% I believe, so lots of people are getting away with it. I am sure that in many cases, LE has solid suspects but just can't get enough evidence to proceed. And I am sure they are not all super smart...just lucky, they did not leave enough behind or that their victims were found too late. I remember Marc Klaas saying bodies don't really take up much space, considering how big the world is. :(

------snipped by me

I hope I did this right as a first post because I am unsure how much I am allowed to say.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this particular subject I investigated on my own and spoke numerous times about with a sgt from nhsp.... I relayed everything directly to him...... obviously the info was taken quite seriously and whomever is responsible for his registration, locating and verifying his residence, and monitoring him is also being checked...... however, I know nothing of the outcome.... I can say due to his crafty ways of registering and possibly residing elsewhere he may had been overlooked in the beginning, but once I alerted LE to him they assured me they would do what it took to locate him and interview him..... and also see ''why'' his ''relative'' would suddenly follow abby's personal fb page, with no known actual connections to her......among other things such as his recent arrest for driving..... (I would assume find out what he drives and have a look at that vehicle)

Seems all the scums hide out in Maine. OK not all, but many!

Ot but omg, my hubby's uncle lives in a desolate part of central maine that doesn't have town public safety..... like as in your pretty much on your own if you need police or fire officials.......
Anyway this is a place we visit and feel happy and safe.... cabin in the woods....... ummmmm yeah until I realized there were like 90 rso's within a less than 30 mile radius including that town........

So, now you see why I keep saying CHECK FRYEBURG and other BORDERING AREAS in ME ;)

Yes, this particular subject I investigated on my own and spoke numerous times about with a sgt from nhsp.... I relayed everything directly to him...... obviously the info was taken quite seriously and whomever is responsible for his registration, locating and verifying his residence, and monitoring him is also being checked...... however, I know nothing of the outcome.... I can say due to his crafty ways of registering and possibly residing elsewhere he may had been overlooked in the beginning, but once I alerted LE to him they assured me they would do what it took to locate him and interview him..... and also see ''why'' his ''relative'' would suddenly follow abby's personal fb page, with no known actual connections to her......among other things such as his recent arrest for driving..... (I would assume find out what he drives and have a look at that vehicle)

The date and details of his arrest should be available at the Courthouse, no? A person who is nervous after committing a dirty deed might drive in such a way as to alert LE, IMO. It would be interesting to know if it was the same day or shortly after.

The date and details of his arrest should be available at the Courthouse, no? A person who is nervous after committing a dirty deed might drive in such a way as to alert LE, IMO. It would be interesting to know if it was the same day or shortly after.

His motor vehicle offense and arrest was prior to abby being missing

His court appearance was during the week of abby's disappearance

You can ask Catfancier. I'd love to know the answer to that, too. Nobody i plan to link, but interesting question to another newer member here!

Umm she gave me a link to the Rules which I haven't read yet.:blushing:

I should prolly do that soon before I start asking :scared:

Didn't LE say they had people say they saw Abby taking the power line trail? Then why are they now on MHFAH face book page asking people to call the FBI is they saw anything on the North South road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw